***Official Aberdeen v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

David McCaig
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Like for like subs whilst chasing a goal. **** all has changed. Clueless and spineless. Team hasn’t a clue what it’s up to, almost like they’d prepared all pre season long to play 442 and now haven’t a clue what to do in 3511, like they never had a clue last year. Aimless punts looking for Uche. Nothing out wide and nothing in the middle of the park. A very poor 45 minutes. 

Surely 5311

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• neilnunb

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, flem said:

That is the only one I can remember. 

Not much of a return for 5 hr drive. Heres hoping some changes can create more 2nd half!!

7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Still well in this game. Some of the comments on here from folk who purport to be Hearts fans are pathetic. 

Absolutely correct.

1 minute ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Games been very even bar berras mistake theyve done nout really. dons tv commentators biasness is painful 

This both honking , one good save one bit of bad goalkeeping the difference so far. 

The White Cockade

I’ve always been more of a happy clapper rather than a pant wetter

but

can anyone tell me that so far this season we are not still playing as badly as we did in the second half of last season?

Can’t  hold on to the ball, second to the ball, no pace and never look like scoring

I hope things change quickly as it’s depressing stuff

We might have to put Halkett up top again at this rate 

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Still well in this game. Some of the comments on here from folk who purport to be Hearts fans are pathetic. 

Who do you think the folks on here support ?

we've created absolutely zero ,gave away a howler of a goal and folk are rightly annoyed 

Listening to Willie Millar on Sportsound - absolutely cringeworthy. Worse than that bellend Pat Bonnar.   Creaming himself hoping that a Hearts player gets a red card in this game.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Would take Clare off for Naismith move Walker more central alongside Irving. Hopefully Craig will try and get us to actually get the ball into our midfield in the second half. Also maybe try and bring Jake into the game a bit more. Have him running at Aberdeens defence and crossing the ball across the face of goal. Maybe tell Uche to just stay in the box and he might be able to contribute a goal or two.

8 minutes ago, merrymac said:

TBF cant remember us playing one pass into the midfield

Your CMs should be going and taking the ball, demanding it.... He's quite happy to hide as per. Same with Walker today as well. These are the guys we need to get involved and make things happen. 

It's just looking so similar to last season already - went to all League Cup games apart from East Fife and little has changed IMO. 

It's been predictable, but we have been doing alright. I would expect Aberdeen to dominate us up there. 

If we hadn't conceded I'd be pretty comfortable right now. Still in this game. 

1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Not been that bad but too many passengers for us to be creative. Starting another season without having an obvious starting 11, Levein has had ages to find a centre mid (or 2) and still starting a kid in midfield and a guy who was brought in as a number 10/winger

sackable in itself

Haring would have been in there if it wasn’t for the injury extending longer than we thought, I think he to blame for holding on for Djoum but couldn’t predict Haring struggling so much 

1 minute ago, campbell said:

When have we ever gone up to Aberdeen and played free flowing football?? I can’t remember it! The constant stops in play by the ref haven’t helped. It’s been a battle and it was always going to be! Still in the game stop being so bloody pessimistic. Arguably we have had the clearer of the chances and it probably should be 1-1 

Pinilla game 😏

Both teams poor, frustration is they are probably the benchmark for third place which suggests that's an achievable target. 

No indications of any development by us in the close season though, zero attacking transition and balls knocked in the channels again. Not difficult to see that coaching is the real issue with us. 

Still a chance to take something here but need to keep 11 on the park first 20 minutes of the second half. Hopefully a little piece of quality from the bench could make the difference. 

shaun.lawson

It's not THAT bad. It's just... tousy. A battle. We're right in a very difficult away game. Get Naismith on at the right time, and we can find a way back. 

Next goal is vital, obviously.

manaliveits105

At one stage the sheep had committed 11 fouls for no yellows but us 10 fouls for 3 yellows - the refs vendetta goes on

how squeaky are those bleating sheep fans by the way

So with all the crap we have apparently, what Aberdeen players have been a stand out? Lewis apart Aberdeen have hardly been world beaters against such a terrible set of individuals as us. 

2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

And a goalie 

Well yeah, 

I'm blaming berra for that goal though. 

He needed to header that ball out, he's not mobile enough anymore. 

1 minute ago, stotty said:

Your CMs should be going and taking the ball, demanding it.... He's quite happy to hide as per. Same with Walker today as well. These are the guys we need to get involved and make things happen. 

It's just looking so similar to last season already - went to all League Cup games apart from East Fife and little has changed IMO. 

Maybe they are following instructions?

Francis Albert

Seeing the replay of the  goal Zlamal was 100% to blame. Easy pick up from the header if Zlamal had been awake.

jambostuart
2 minutes ago, campbell said:

When have we ever gone up to Aberdeen and played free flowing football?? I can’t remember it! The constant stops in play by the ref haven’t helped. It’s been a battle and it was always going to be! Still in the game stop being so bloody pessimistic. Arguably we have had the clearer of the chances and it probably should be 1-1 

This is where I'm at. 1-0 at HT and we're foaming at the mouth. Pretty pathetic. I think we'll nick a point. Need to rein in our challenges though

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Maybe they are following instructions?

I'm not Levein's biggest fan and think we need a new manager, but to suggest he's asking his 2 supposedly creative midfielders to not get involved is ludicrous. 

Smoked-Glass
3 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Who do you think the folks on here support ?

we've created absolutely zero ,gave away a howler of a goal and folk are rightly annoyed 

Zero upfront?   I thought we had 2 great chances 

Sparkymarky1874

Pretty even game.hearts played decent stuff.Aberdeen haven't really really threatened to add to their goal.should be 1-1. Referee seems to want to book every hearts player that makes a foul.Ferguson and Cosgrove are ******* yappy barstewards

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Listening to Willie Millar on Sportsound - absolutely cringeworthy. Worse than that bellend Pat Bonnar.   Creaming himself hoping that a Hearts player gets a red card in this game.

I saw that welt in Tiger Lilly’s in George street recently and had to leave. The sight of his coupon was enough to make me feel sick. An absolute roaster of the highest order. And to think our license fee pays his wages sickens me

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

At one stage the sheep had committed 11 fouls for no yellows but us 10 fouls for 3 yellows - the refs vendetta goes on

how squeaky are those bleating sheep fans by the way

Fouls

12-10

Cards 

1-4

The incompetence of these pricks knows no bounds 

Bazzas right boot

Alway going to be a battle. 

As normal these games are often decided by a mistake, seems like Bobby has been at fault again and that's the difference. 

Scottish football, battle and games decided by a mistake. Exciting stuff. 

Hopefully nick an equaliser. 

9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

But why make a like for like change and stay with 5 at the back?

Bit early to go gung ho

Holyrood_Hearts

I’m not watching the game so only going by the comments on here & Twitter. Is there any obvious reason why you wouldn’t change the shape of the team when Souttar went off and change to a back 4? 

As it stands isn’t Hickey exposed at LWB while on a yellow? 

annushorribilis III

"Aerial collision",  "just caught the Hearts player with his arm".  These commentators are brutal. 

9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I know you have to work at your core system but I watched training and the practice matches are so regimented when trying out the systems. 

Not much emphasis on freedom of play for some of our ball players.

Can only hope Naismith brings a bit clever play if he comes on. 

Yeah, we're very predictable and it seems to be a case of trying out the same routine until it works. We need players who can offer some freedom and creativity that aren't appearing to be carrying out instructions from a flowchart :D 

Levein really doesn't do himself any favours with how the team plays, we need quick passing and to be driving at Aberdeen through the middle. 

Also need to recognise at 6ft 6 Lewis is probably the best keeper in the league and we need to be smarter when the ball is coming into his box.