***Official Aberdeen v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Cruyff Turn

If we score, we’ll gain the momentum and I think we can win the game. 1-1 would be a decent result because we’ll take Aberdeen at Tynie.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• neilnunb

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Still in this.  They’ve done nothing but fall over and foul since they scored.  That commentary is beyond scandalous.  

i turned the sound down couldnt concentrate for laughing.

"Thats a goal saving save " being the highlight:biglaugh:

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Still well in this game. Some of the comments on here from folk who purport to be Hearts fans are pathetic. 

Yes we are

Jean Louis Valois

Sorry to say but Berra is becoming a liability to us these days. Another completely avoidable goal conceded today.

Edited by Jean Louis Valois

No surprises on how we are playing. Disappointed to lose the goal in such a manner though. 

Was always going to be a horrible, horrible match. Win lose or draw. 

FarmerTweedy
18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Still don’t know why Liam Kelly wasn’t signed for 50k. Bobby is not good enough at this levek

I doubt we'd be able to compete with QPR on wages.

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I’m all for giving our players time but there is nothing given in return from Clare.

Really struggling to see what he brings.

T B F it’s difficult , it’s all been said before about how we set up away from home , it is so so narrow , We have gifted a goal and none of our players are playing well , trying to get the ball forward quickly so the balls in the air all the time, physicality is king Aberdeen have been able to play on the ground so to pick out Clare is pretty unfair , Berra and Zlamal both at fault for the goal 

Just now, OTT said:

We're painfully 1 dimensional. Uche has nobody near him, but is nonetheless still doing an awful job. Walker is absolutely anonymous, and Berra & Bobby responsible for another goal.

We're not a football side at all. Playing with Uche is hamstringing us, we seem completely incapable of playing the ball on the deck. 

Eye bleeding stuff. Again, any quality seems to be coming from the youngsters (Irvine & Hickey). 

I know you have to work at your core system but I watched training and the practice matches are so regimented when trying out the systems. 

Not much emphasis on freedom of play for some of our ball players.

Can only hope Naismith brings a bit clever play if he comes on. 

queensferryjambo
10 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Uche is a total huddy, completely shite, literally no redeeming qualities. Amazing that is the standard of player we have up front for us with our 15 milly revenue :vrface:

8 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Thought he was having a reasonable half!

I thought he was ok as well.

Seems Uche is the new guy to pick on if the team aren't playing well.

Berra costs us again. I am really hoping Berra can up his game for the rest of the season as he just hasn't seemed right since he came back from injury.

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, kila said:

Levein sticking to his game plan when we need a change.

Naismith and Washington both should make an appearance in the second half. Revert to 4-3-3. Naismith for Clare and Washington for Uche.

Hope you are correct 

Leveins Battalion

I hate the term turgid football but that's what you get with Hearts just now,Walker and Mulraney have done nothing,absolute passengers,Irving I dont want to slate too much but his set plays are terrible,Uche no support,Zlamal enough said hes our Zibbi,utter pish,Clare what is the point in him?Its simply not good enough.

Don’t think we have played 1 forward pass. Uche has just bundled his way through. We are so open in the middle of the park. 

No one denies Leveins love for the club but Jesus Christ this is eye bleeding stuff. 

To make matters worse having to listen to this biased sh*t is killing me. 

Cant wait till Aberdeen get their asses handed to them just to hear what those f^%kwits say. 

Sort it it out Levein. Realise that football has evolved and funny enough it is played on the floor mostly. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, flem said:

1 Shot on target is a slight improvement on some of the first half performances from last season to be fair. 

Berras header?

29 minutes ago, flem said:

I think we have actually played reasonably well so far, let down by bad defensive mistake

Are you having a laugh? 

David McCaig
8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Souttar was injured

But why make a like for like change and stay with 5 at the back?

Hungry hippo

Well in the game. Just a the goalkeeping error separating the sides.

Considering we're all aware the midfield needs strengthened we've matched them. Hopefully Naismith can give us some cutting edge when he comes on.

So to summarise that half: Started the better and had the majority of the early play. Conceded a goal from a hoof up the park that our captain couldn't deal with and our keeper wouldn't attack. Haven't been able to put a challenge in since the goal without the sheep going down like they've been shot. Hickey NAP to be sent off. Our best defender injured already. 

I really want to believe it gets better but I just can't see it at this point I'm afraid. 

jambostuart

Not happy at the score obviously, but we haven't been THAT bad. We came close to an equaliser through Berra's header and we've limited the chances Aberdeen have had. We're only behind due to Berra/Zlamal who admittedly both need punted.

I'd bring Washington on for Uche second half. Naismith still isn't 100% fit and Washington will hopefully use his awareness to create space for others.

Mulraney is the weakest of the midfield IMO. Offers no final ball or threat.

Aberdeen have been strong for years now.

I would expect them to dominate at home. 

Up to us to take our chances and defend properly.

Just now, David McCaig said:

But why make a like for like change and stay with 5 at the back?

Why not, at that point of the game?

With what we've got I'd go 4 at the back, Clare off, push halkett up into DM and bring Nasmith on to do whatever he wants. 

We clearly need 2 new CMs and a poacher. 

Nelly Terraces
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I hate the term turgid football but that's what you get with Hearts just now,Walker and Mulraney have done nothing,absolute passengers,Irving I dont want to slate too much but his set plays are terrible,Uche no support,Zlamal enough said hes our Zibbi,utter pish,Clare what is the point in him?Its simply not good enough.

Pretty decent summary of the Hearts performance thus far.

Like for like subs whilst chasing a goal. **** all has changed. Clueless and spineless. Team hasn’t a clue what it’s up to, almost like they’d prepared all pre season long to play 442 and now haven’t a clue what to do in 3511, like they never had a clue last year. Aimless punts looking for Uche. Nothing out wide and nothing in the middle of the park. A very poor 45 minutes. 

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I know you have to work at your core system but I watched training and the practice matches are so regimented when trying out the systems. 

Not much emphasis on freedom of play for some of our ball players.

Can only hope Naismith brings a bit clever play if he comes on. 

That’s the worry. Nobody wants to step out of the rigidity which means no spark, nothing happens. 

Jambosteve1902

Games been very even bar berras mistake theyve done nout really. dons tv commentators biasness is painful 

3 minutes ago, Remain Nameless01 said:

Had to turn the sound off, pair of cretins! We aren’t very good though.

Somehow I managed to end up on the alba stream. No commentary at all which bugged me for a second until I remembered my alternative was that pair of absolute welts in red tv

Holyrood_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

You've actually made the hippy patter sound hilarious with that statement. Gtf you absolute weapon

What a ****ing weirdo he is (sorry I couldn’t find ZB’s post to reply directly)

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Still well in this game. Some of the comments on here from folk who purport to be Hearts fans are pathetic. 

Why? are you watching the game? Hearts are playing horrendously - aren't we entitled to comment? isn't that what this forum is for?

upgotheheads

Not much in this at all. One blunder in defence made the difference. These whingeing commentators are getting on my tits though. 

Uche's  booking was nothing, his arm was by his side and he was watching the ball. Also at their goal Uche should have had a free kick at the other end with two Aberdeen defenders climbing all over him

The_razors_edge

Tough viewing that first half. Absolutely no quality and again very predictable - go long to Uche and hope for the best. We’re also defending for too deep. Midfield completely anonymous. We’re miles off it.

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, Sagan said:

With what we've got I'd go 4 at the back, Clare off, push halkett up into DM and bring Nasmith on to do whatever he wants. 

We clearly need 2 new CMs and a poacher. 

And a goalie 

Gorgie_Rules

Not been that bad but too many passengers for us to be creative. Starting another season without having an obvious starting 11, Levein has had ages to find a centre mid (or 2) and still starting a kid in midfield and a guy who was brought in as a number 10/winger

sackable in itself

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

KyleLafferty

We’ve been alright, not conceded to many chances. And we’ve created a few. Need to be stronger in midfield. 

But for me Berra is finished, completely finished. I’ve never seen such a bad return form injury than him. He can’t twist, he can’t run, and now he’s mid timing headers.

Jambosteve1902
Just now, flem said:

That is the only one I can remember. 

Halketts right on HT best chance of hAlf 

Jambosteve1902
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

We’ve been alright, not conceded to many chances. And we’ve created a few. Need to be stronger in midfield. 

But for me Berra is finished, completely finished. I’ve never seen such a bad return form injury than him. He can’t twist, he can’t run, and now he’s mid timing headers.

This 

Away up in Gorgie
1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

I thought he was ok as well.

Seems Uche is the new guy to pick on if the team aren't playing well.

Berra costs us again. I am really hoping Berra can up his game for the rest of the season as he just hasn't seemed right since he came back from injury.

Only goes to show how low expectations are amongst Hearts fans. He's leading our line and is no goal threat whatsoever (hopefully the reverse psychology works!). This is the standard we are accepting of these days, a guy from Cambridge who is nothing but a battering ram. Cosgrove has scored 26 on his last 33 games ffs. Uche :vrface:

Just now, Holyrood_Hearts said:

What a ****ing weirdo he is (sorry I couldn’t find ZB’s post to reply directly)

Probably best not to, would only give the wee dick the attention he's after. I'm mad at myself for biting 

When have we ever gone up to Aberdeen and played free flowing football?? I can’t remember it! The constant stops in play by the ref haven’t helped. It’s been a battle and it was always going to be! Still in the game stop being so bloody pessimistic. Arguably we have had the clearer of the chances and it probably should be 1-1