***** NEW CRAIG LEVEIN POLL - 28/07 *****

Whatever

***** NEW CRAIG LEVEIN POLL - 28/07 *****  

1,253 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig Levein leave the club with immediate effect?

This poll is closed to new votes

First time ever creating a poll, hopefully this works.

Should Craig Levein leave the club with immediate effect?

I voted NO as doing so a week before the league campaign begins would do more harm than good, imo.

Things aren't great just now but with the signing of a midfield player or 2 and Naismith still to come, I think we can turn things around.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• Thomaso

• Forever Hearts

• Alex Kintner

6 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Pointless without an option to return to DOF.

I want him to go now. I like Levein but the style has not changed from end of last season and he is coming out with only needing one more midfielder if that’s the case we will be 6-12 in the league. Only thing is nothing will change as McPhee will get the job and Levein will move back upstairs. I voted that he should leave as manager but only if he is leaving the club all together 

7 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Not really. I purposely left that option out. Should you wish him to return the the DOF role you would vote NO 🤷‍♂️

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Dont want him as dof. Academy director if he stays.Bring in a manager to manage. No dof needed.

TyphoonJambo

As mentioned i voted no but only because of the lack of an "if he goes to the DoF role" option. Guys a legend amd bleeds maroon, his long term vision will come good. However we need a product on the pitch which excites entertains and maintains bums on seats in the meantime. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

19 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Should not be an option imo.

been here before

Voted no just to mix it up as these threads/polls are just tedious as **** now.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Not really. I purposely left that option out. Should you wish him to return the the DOF role you would vote NO 🤷‍♂️

In that case no.

Hopefully 2 midfield players can resolve the speed the ball moves 

13 minutes ago, Homme said:

I voted no. 

I would like a new manager with CL to remain at the club. 

Ye did really well in that role the 12 months or so prior to getting managers job

Edited by J80MBO

Just now, J80MBO said:

Ye did really well in that role the 12 months or so prior to getting managers job

I didnt mention a role? 

Strange. 

Leaving seems to give some element of self choice, without doubt he should be dismissed before he does any further damage

Can’t help but think his presence in  and around the first team is not giving LF and JD the chance to develop either. 

Too pig headed to step down so needs removed from the position for the good of the club

Inch Hearts
33 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Where's the 'who cares?' option, he should have been punted with Cathro so why punt him now?

Thats the spirit just do absolutely nothing about it :lol: 

Inch Hearts
11 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Hes done fantastic in one role at the club and would hopefully be kept on for that.

Hes not going to be punted though, AB won’t in her final year. 

11 minutes ago, gedster said:

Leaving seems to give some element of self choice, without doubt he should be dismissed before he does any further damage

Will you continue to go to games or will you vote with your feet?

been here before
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Aye cause voting on an attention seeking poll about a subject thats been done to death, dug up and done to death again is going to get things changed.

What conversation are you imagining here?

"Well I was going to sack you Craig but theres been yet another poll on kickback and RudiHMFC hasnt voted on it so your safe"...

30 minutes ago, big man said:

Can’t believe 44% have voted no obviously like us being a middle of the table club 

I think you may be overestimating where we will finish this season.

Should he leave the club - no!

Should he step down as manager - probably!

Not only that he’s a board director so he ain’t leaving the club.

change ‘club’ to managers job and you’ll get a different response

Edited by Rudy T

I would like some of his team out, would be happy for him to step back as I believe the board needs some proper football insight (probably prefer Craig to Michael Stewart!) and for someone fresh in. The downside is the failure of Cathro and some of the others who have received support on here. Glad someone else has to make the calls. Not voting in a black and white thread.

20 minutes ago, sadj said:

Will you continue to go to games or will you vote with your feet?

Having purchased 3  X  season tickets we'll all be going to the games......and.all of them where possible. We'll support the team but where necessary voice our opinions around the club and management....best of both worlds supporting the team I've watched for 42 years whilst only insisting on the best for the club, it's structures and the near, mid and long term future. We need the future and not the past like any forward thinking organisation

billythejambo

Ive bought 2 season tickets and have never felt so negative about a season( since the last time Levein was manager).  I think we need Levein away from the club altogether 

Surprised at the early results. Obviously yesterday is still raw for many.

As said, I purposely made the poll black and white. Previous polls have included the option of him remaining at the club in a different role so I thought I’d try and make this one a bit more cut and dried.

Still a very small sample size obviously but I am surprised at the percentages, tbh 😬

Edited by Whatever

5 minutes ago, gedster said:

Having purchased 3  X  season tickets we'll all be going to the games......and.all of them where possible. We'll support the team but where necessary voice our opinions around the club and management....best of both worlds supporting the team I've watched for 42 years whilst only insisting on the best for the club, it's structures and the near, mid and long term future. We need the future and not the past like any forward thinking organisation

Fair enough , you’ve seen the tough times though and surely are old enough to understand the strategy we have put in place is for the long term good of the club. Growing infrastructure etc. DoFs are common even in scotland now. Why are you so anti Levein rather than pro changing up the structure so that we get full commitment to the first team and rid of people like Daly and Fox whilst CL goes back to doing what he has done well in implementing a strategy and rebuilding the academy from scratch? 

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Surprised at the early results. Obviously yesterday is still raw for many.

As said, I purposely made the poll black and white. Previous polls have included the option of him remaining at the club in a different role so I thought I’d make this one a bit more cut and dry.

Still a very small sample size obviously but I am surprised at the percentages, tbh 😬

Why peoples hearts rule their heads and people are raw after yesterday and fixated on last season so after a poor result and lack of trust in Levein people will block out off field progress and focus solely on the on field. Add to that people throwing boot room etc around and making up their own minds how things actually work anf i’d say its surprising theres as high a percentage said no

But strategy has to be flexible and be able move with the market within which you operate. Our strategy football wise seems to be all over the place. Reward failure, don't criticise poor performance, keep the wrong people in the wrong positions. All the things I'm sure Mrs Budge did not suffer as an entrepreneur.... baffling

Jambof3tornado

I'm surprised we sold as many season tickets as we have but think so many fans were willing to give Levein more time after the cup final display. However we havent started well and recruitment imo appears ropey to say the least.

I want him gone but wont refuse to go to matches, I love our club too much.

Opinions are fair enough. Some good points made.

But no way is it happening. Certainly not at this stage in season after successful start and positive changes to squad with more to come. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Flappy Hands

I've voted to get rid now as I feel that this has gone on long enough. 

We're just prolonging the inevitable. 

Hopefully Ann has already identified his successor or at least has some sort of plan in place. This has been on the cards for a while now. 

Just now, gedster said:

But strategy has to be flexible and be able move with the market within which you operate. Our strategy football wise seems to be all over the place. Reward failure, don't criticise poor performance, keep the wrong people in the wrong positions. All the things I'm sure Mrs Budge did not suffer as an entrepreneur.... baffling

Again taking that and looking at our coaching Daly and Fox aren’t capable and Levein can’t dedicate 💯 of his time to the first team so why persist. Thats fair enough. The strategy of playing the same way from the youngest to first team is difficult as you need to grow into that but is it happening below first team level. FF or the likes can maybe answer , I can’t.

People harp on about a five year plan as if that was a football strategy. It was an off field one. However what football strategy we have seems difficult to understand and as such frustration is therefore understandable. The answer to me however is not to bin everything top to bottom and start again that would set us back. 

Perhaps another option... I’ll no shit the bed if he stays or goes... I’ll wait until the window shuts and the season starts??

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Homme said:

I voted no. 

I would like a new manager with CL to remain at the club. 

This.  Whilst the first team progress hasn’t been too hot, the Academy seems to have benefitted massively from his work and I’d like him to take up a role focusing solely on the long term growth of the club.  

50 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Well why bother? I'm just numb to it now, it was so clear that he should have been away, fresh start time but inexplicably he ends up being our manager :rofl: would have been better off just sticking with Cathro in hindsight.

Selkirkhmfc1874

No from me for 2 main reasons ! Firstly he knows where we need to strengthen and actively trying to do that and he's developing and bringing through kids from the academy 

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

First time ever creating a poll, hopefully this works.

Should Craig Levein leave the club with immediate effect?

I voted NO as doing so a week before the league campaign begins would do more harm than good, imo.

Things aren't great just now but with the signing of a midfield player or 2 and Naismith still to come, I think we can turn things around.

Thanks for the poll it's well overdue and I voted YES because the longer he stays the more he's turning into Cathro and the more harm he'll do. The guy is out of his depth and only harming the club he has to go now.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No from me for 2 main reasons ! Firstly he knows where we need to strengthen and actively trying to do that and he's developing and bringing through kids from the academy 

Your reasons are excuses.

You'll still be saying this in another bloody 5 years.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, mitch41 said:

Your reasons are excuses.

You'll still be saying this in another bloody 5 years.

Not excuses at all ! Levein has taken long term approach with the academy and now we're starting to see results with the likes of Cochrane, McDonald, smith and hickey coming through , I think he's setting the building blocks for long term success 

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I applaud the whole Academy thing 100%.... however he's not the Messiah and maybe a few other experienced coaches would also replicate what's happening there.. playing Devils Advocate but he's one amongst may experienced coaches some who have done at at this level a or above and some who haven't

1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Where's the 'who cares?' option, he should have been punted with Cathro so why punt him now?

If anyone doesn't care sod them. Levein is Cathro in disguise. Ann Budge has bottled sacking Levein and his crew so far but when he does go we can't have Levein being involved with the short listing or interviews.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, deejtee said:

On what basis would that be sensible FFS?

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Thanks for the poll it's well overdue and I voted YES because the longer he stays the more he's turning into Cathro and the more harm he'll do. The guy is out of his depth and only harming the club he has to go now.

Happy to help, Mitch 🥴

been here before
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well overdue?   :rofl:

So why not start one then or use the one from May 29th or the one from March 23rd or the one from Feb 23rd?

rudi must stay

He absolutely should

Was expected it to be should he stay so I voted no in the poll.

Too quick to vote :lol:

• davemclaren locked this topic