***** NEW CRAIG LEVEIN POLL - 28/07 *****

Whatever

***** NEW CRAIG LEVEIN POLL - 28/07 *****  

1,253 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig Levein leave the club with immediate effect?

This poll is closed to new votes

29 minutes ago, Prof said:

I didn’t hear one word of support for Levein yesterday. In fact the level of abuse directed at him was pretty vocal in Section A. I can only assume those who want him to stay are Hobos.

Like you?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• Thomaso

• Forever Hearts

• Alex Kintner

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Like you?

Do you never get tired trotting out the "everybody is a Hibs fan" if they dare to criticise the club? Seriously, give it a rest. 

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Like you?

What do you call someone who accuses a fellow supporter a Hobo? I have been following Hearts since the late 1950’s and I’ve watched them home and away far more times than you. I can think of several but the Mods would ban me for life.

16 minutes ago, EH17Hertz said:

604 clueless hearts fans it seems.

Bet not many of them will have cast their votes since 5pm yesterday.

How many of the 605 fans that voted for him to stay are actually on here fighting his corner? 

I don't see 5, never mind 605.

1 hour ago, Prof said:

What do you call someone who accuses a fellow supporter a Hobo? I have been following Hearts since the late 1950’s and I’ve watched them home and away far more times than you. I can think of several but the Mods would ban me for life.

Is that a fact?

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Sagan said:

How many of the 605 fans that voted for him to stay are actually on here fighting his corner? 

I don't see 5, never mind 605.

There's your answer, the abuse aimed at those not wanting him sacked is a joke. 

39 minutes ago, EH17Hertz said:

604 clueless hearts fans it seems.

That is quite soft but on other threads it is now just an abuse fest by some. 

Any balanced discussion is now "out the window". 

Anyone that doesn't think that sacking CL will suddenly make things better is rounded on. 

Anyone that questions who will take over, anyone that thinks we will get results under CL  is just shot down and abused over the Internet 

Pretty much explains why many have gone quiet, also some will be pissed of after that shit show yesterday and don't want to argue with fellow Hearts fans. 

As a side note, my ignore list is also far longer than it was a week ago, so that might also explain it, if like me they are sick of being trolled by Internet hard men and don't want to get into a Internet shouting match. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Anyone that doesn't think that sacking CL will suddenly make things better is rounded on. 

Anyone that questions who will take over, anyone that thinks we will get results under  is just shot down and abused over the Internet 

Pretty much explains why many have gone quiet, also some will be pissed of after that shit show yesterday and don't want to argue with fellow Hearts fans. 

As a side note, my ignore list is also far longer than it was a week ago, so that might also explain it, if like me they are sick of being trolled by Internet hard men and don't want to get into a Internet shouting match. 

You don't think a new manager with new ideas would be an improvement on the utter shite we're enduring just now? Seriously?

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You don't think a new manager with new ideas would be an improvement on the utter shite we're enduring just now? Seriously?

It could be. 

Robbie to Cathro wasn't tho. 

Not voting here. I think CL should step down as manager - the situation on the park has deteriorated to the point of being unsalvageable - but I’d like him to return to being DoF, a job at which I think he was much better.

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Anyone that questions who will take over, anyone that thinks we will get results under CL  is just shot down and abused over the Internet 

Let's get this out of the way first.  Yesterday was poor and IMO that started with team selection, particularly no proper winger.  We still had more quality on paper but one big factor was that neither Naisy nor Walker turned up, with the latter being particularly anonymous.

Turning to the manager, I ask who could we get and on what terms?  We are changing owners soon from AB to FoH and unless we appoint someone just to the end of the season, FoH will inherit a manager and coaches we may not want and who may not be any more successful.  Another factor is we'd have to pay up the contracts of the current incumbents and that will be money that becomes unavailable for players now or in January.

I do not pretend to have the answer but I think it would be wise to let yeserday's dust settle and consider the matter in a more calm atmosphere.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It could be. 

Robbie to Cathro wasn't tho. 

I don't think we'll go down the rookie coach road again. Another Levein masterstroke. 

heartandsoul
14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don't doubt for a minute he's a hearts man through and through.  That being the case he should hand in his notice on Monday.  Don't care if he stays on as director of something or other but he should be nowhere near the first team or the tactics.  He also should have no influence whatsoever on the new coaching team.

Other than a memorable performance in the Cup Final, we have done absolutely nothing of merit on the park this year.  We even made a shambles of the league cup group stage.

I've gone from frustrated to disgusted.

Great post Doug. I feel exactly the same as you.

heartandsoul
14 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

He had 599 votes BEFORE today's game and now has 601 votes. Who in their right mind watched that disgrace today and thought "we need to keep Craig Levein in charge"? God help us. 

I know. It's crazy !

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't think we'll go down the rookie coach road again. Another Levein masterstroke. 

Bournemouth have done not too badly bearing in mind the size of the club.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If we had changed a year ago to the guys mentioned on here and in the media it would have been the same, Hartley, Mcann, Johnstone all sacked, can only imagine the damage a Davies or a Pressley would have caused, Robbo couldn't get ICT promoted over county and shipped 8 v us. 

Getting a new manager can make things worse, Cathro is a recent example, there are lots more in our history. 

We are now reaching a crucial juncture tho, results have been poor and if with a new season and clean slate they continue then change must be made. 

We need results and fast, imo the two home games after celtic are crucial, out the cup and no win in them will signal the end. 

Win in the cup and win them then we'll be back on track. 

Beat in the cup and win them, not sure where that leaves us, probably still here. 

Any change has to be the correct one, I'm up for a change if an outstanding candidate came up, mentioned this pre season several times, but very wary of some of the names being mentioned on here, I think they'd make things worse. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Bournemouth have done not too badly bearing in mind the size of the club.

Eddie Howe is 41 and has been managing for over 10 years. 

15 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

He had 599 votes BEFORE today's game and now has 601 votes. Who in their right mind watched that disgrace today and thought "we need to keep Craig Levein in charge"? God help us. 

It would be interesting to see how Ann Budge would rate in a poll or is she also untouchable.

This poll is stupid.

New manager yes or no.

Many folk would want levein to stop first team dealings and carry on with the academy.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Is that a fact?

More of a fact than the drivel you regularly spout.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Let's get this out of the way first.  Yesterday was poor and IMO that started with team selection, particularly no proper winger.  We still had more quality on paper but one big factor was that neither Naisy nor Walker turned up, with the latter being particularly anonymous.

Turning to the manager, I ask who could we get and on what terms?  We are changing owners soon from AB to FoH and unless we appoint someone just to the end of the season, FoH will inherit a manager and coaches we may not want and who may not be any more successful.  Another factor is we'd have to pay up the contracts of the current incumbents and that will be money that becomes unavailable for players now or in January.

I do not pretend to have the answer but I think it would be wise to let yeserday's dust settle and consider the matter in a more calm atmosphere.

The manager needs to be held accountable for the fact we started yesterday with five players who weren’t fully fit and then used one of our substitutions at half time to remove a player who wasn’t one of those five. 

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

This poll is stupid.

New manager yes or no.

Many folk would want levein to stop first team dealings and carry on with the academy.

Spot on post 👏👏

Football clubs replace managers all the time, it's like death and taxes. Looking back at the mistake we made with Cathro makes sense and I do think we would be looking at a more experienced individual with some time in first team management. It's also impossible to ignore the fact that Levein was largely responsible for Cathro's appointment. 

Looking at where this is now it looks extremely difficult to turn around, not impossible as I think beating Motherwell would buy the manager more time. However, it does look just like a question of time which means that the chair person and members of the board have a duty to be actively thinking about succession now. Most other clubs would be quietly putting out feelers if they have someone in mind or thinking about how they are going to conduct the recruitment process. 

Find it hard to believe that almost 50% of the people on here think he’s doing (or is going to do) a good job when clearly he is inept.

How the players are low in confidence at this time of the season is baffling. It is his job to give them confidence, play them in their natural positions. Come up with a game plan where everyone knows what they are doing, not running around like headless chickens. 

He might be Hearts through and through but he comes across as monotoned and dispassionate, even perhaps low in confidence in himself. 

Some of his signings have been horrific, as a manager and DoF and so much money has been wasted with the exception of a few players. Clear that when he was DoF that players were his signings, especially the forwards where his mantra is the bigger/taller the better. Would Neilson be allowed to sign a wee guy like Shankland when he was at Hearts? Doubtful.

His brand of football truly is eyebleeding, and relies on big defenders with a sitting midfielder just in front to lump it up big forwards. It should be the midfield that dictates play. The last time we really had a player like that was when we were in the championship and had Gomis.

We lack creativity in the midfield area, but for some reason doesn’t seem to see that, but is suppose he maybe thinks you don’t really need a midfield when you play his brand of football.

I wouldn’t want him in charge of any first team affairs, whether it is manager, coach or DoF. He must be doing something behind the scenes to prove his worth, what that might be, I’m unsure.

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Look how many of our posters still wanted him in charge for this season. 

Did you not look at the poll in August?

Just now, Zlatanable said:

I did. 

What is the point of bumping this thread though?

None really It’s a matter of record. 

• davemclaren locked this topic