***** NEW CRAIG LEVEIN POLL - 28/07 *****

Whatever

***** NEW CRAIG LEVEIN POLL - 28/07 *****  

1,253 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig Levein leave the club with immediate effect?

This poll is closed to new votes

A_A wehatethehibs

I’ll judge him on the league games. 

Ultimately, we’re through in the league cup and that’s that. We did the minimum so we’ve got away with it.

Not really good enough performances or much encouragement for the fans, at present it feels like we’ve not made any progress from the abysmal scenes of last season (outside our easy run to the cup final). In fact, in the case of midfield we’ve gone backwards massively with Bozanic and Clare starting games at CM I think we’ll get bossed even if we make a last minute midfield signing - they’ll take time to bed in, so will Naismith who’s not kicked a ball in months. 

But we’ll soon see, the league will tell the real story. We’re at near fully fit squad other than Haring, we have to hope we can get off to a good start. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• Thomaso

• Forever Hearts

• Alex Kintner

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’ll judge him on the league games. 

Ultimately, we’re through in the league cup and that’s that. We did the minimum so we’ve got away with it.

Not really good enough performances or much encouragement for the fans, at present it feels like we’ve not made any progress from the abysmal scenes of last season (outside our easy run to the cup final). In fact, in the case of midfield we’ve gone backwards massively with Bozanic and Clare starting games at CM I think we’ll get bossed even if we make a last minute midfield signing - they’ll take time to bed in, so will Naismith who’s not kicked a ball in months. 

But we’ll soon see, the league will tell the real story. We’re at near fully fit squad other than Haring, we have to hope we can get off to a good start. 

One thing we have done this LC is create a lot of chances , something we didn’t do from November til the end of the season. We are however failing to take any. Thats a concern , the soft as shit in the middle is a concern , being caught on the counter 3times in 4games is a concern. The lack of intensity and desire is a concern. 

As you say transition to the league will tell us more. There have been positives until 20mins in yesterday but there is plenty questions raised aswell

Away up in Gorgie
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

One thing we have done this LC is create a lot of chances , something we didn’t do from November til the end of the season. We are however failing to take any. Thats a concern , the soft as shit in the middle is a concern , being caught on the counter 3times in 4games is a concern. The lack of intensity and desire is a concern. 

As you say transition to the league will tell us more. There have been positives until 20mins in yesterday but there is plenty questions raised aswell

Be interesting to see how many chances we create against SPL opposition. It’s serious clutching at straws by both Levein and those mimicking him to use that as some sort of safety net for the pathetic performances against rancid opposition. 22 goals in our last 28 league games tell a very clear story that this is not an issue that is suddenly going to magically disappear. 

It actually hurts me to say it as I remember him as a great player and desperately wanted him to succeed but with a heavy heart I have to say I want change. I feel as though he just doesn’t get enough from the players and doesn’t / can’t change games and has recruited poorly in the main. To still have zero up front is frankly very depressing. Yesterday I sat and listened to the frustration of fellow fans and fear it’s only going to get worse. The results and performances since October 2018 are abysmal and would see us fighting relegation. The run to the Cup final was really handed on a plate.

His coaching team should go as well as they are an all to obvious part of the rot.

Id go for Robinson 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Be interesting to see how many chances we create against SPL opposition. It’s serious clutching at straws by both Levein and those mimicking him to use that as some sort of safety net for the pathetic performances against rancid opposition. 22 goals in our last 28 league games tell a very clear story that this is not an issue that is suddenly going to magically disappear. 

To be fair, it actually could magically disappear if things click and Washington and Walker hit form. On paper they are good signings but the finishing and goalscoring is a big concern I agree. They are the levein masterplan to sort it. Let’s hope League football brings the best out of them. 

I would have been happy for him to have gone after the cup final but a week before the first league game probably not. If the team had put a few of the many chances away in the group games we would have been seeded in the draw and feelings wouldn't be running so high. Fine margins and all that.

Away up in Gorgie
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

To be fair, it actually could magically disappear if things click and Washington and Walker hit form. On paper they are good signings but the finishing and goalscoring is a big concern I agree. They are the levein masterplan to sort it. Let’s hope League football brings the best out of them. 

I admire your wishful thinking however in my view neither of them will solve anything. Just another couple of mediocre players who don’t move the needle at all. Walker will no doubt be on the physios table before we know it and Washington whilst industrious is just another in a long line of forwards with no ability to score goals. 

Just now, Away up in Gorgie said:

It will , Dundee Utd should be no different to a bottom 4 side and we should as such be creating as many opportunities against those types of teams at home. 

Not sure its clutching at straws as its something we just didn’t do last year. Even PT , ICT or Talbot in the cup we didn't create a lot.

There appears to be more creativity but we have no intensity or tempo and as such even that is wasted at the moment. Washington found some great positions. Naismith will always be in about but we need more and need to take chances or it will be a long season. The composure when given a chance to shoot is woeful.

Uche’s body position hitting shots on Wed was all wrong , someone said he isnt fully fit and that fits but his efforts were still poor even allowing for that. 

I think we have added quality with Washington , Walker , Halkett and Naismith coming in however we need a like for like with Haring at least. Well that and double sessions at shooting.

Irving has been ok hopefully he does well this year , Zanatta im not convinced. Cochrane 🤷🏻‍♂️

I never wanted him in as manager in the first place, 2 years ago, when Cathro got the bullet, so I voted yes, it's not just the results, it's how bad the performances have been, people talk about the timing of it, but I reckon it doesn't matter, we are that bad atm with Craig Levein in charge,

change, would be an improvement 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not excuses at all ! Levein has taken long term approach with the academy and now we're starting to see results with the likes of Cochrane, McDonald, smith and hickey coming through , I think he's setting the building blocks for long term success 

We'll all be dead at this rate gadgy.

He is out of his depth. Believe me I'm never wrong.

2 minutes ago, rmreido said:

I never wanted him in as manager in the first place, 2 years ago, when Cathro got the bullet, so I voted yes, it's not just the results, it's how bad the performances have been, people talk about the timing of it, but I reckon it doesn't matter, we are that bad atm with Craig Levein in charge,

You think he should leave the club entirely not return to the good job he was doing as DoF

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

On what basis would that be sensible FFS?

A few reasons to consider it not the least the lack otherwise of any real knowledge of football on the board. I suppose Ann Budge could seek her advice from the kickback experts? (should I add FFS?)

55 minutes ago, been here before said:

Well overdue?   :rofl:

So why not start one then or use the one from May 29th or the one from March 23rd or the one from Feb 23rd?

You will never learn. You may be a Hearts fan but all clubs have someone like you. Love u xx

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You on the sauce again Mitch 😏😂

1 minute ago, sadj said:

You think he should leave the club entirely not return to the good job he was doing as DoF

Didn't say that, just don't want him managing the team

3 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Neither did we it seems. We spent an entire month looking for a new man remember, we panicked and appointed Levein instead. Don't think his Hearts was ever fully in it 

SpruceBringsteen

Nah on those poll questions. Don't want him as manager, but anyone that doesn't want him running the academy is a ****ing cretin tbh.

Just now, sadj said:

You on the sauce again Mitch 😏😂

Carling in a posh hotel in Irvine. I'm really surprised to find this jewel in North Ayrshire. Now for our 7.30 meal yum yum.

CL should leave or get sacked immediately. If nothing else it may curb these tedious polls about whether he should be sacked or not. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We'll agree to disagree although I respect your opinion 

been here before
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You will never learn. You may be a Hearts fan but all clubs have someone like you. Love u xx

Great slavering mitch, almost vintage.

Please never change.

Edited by been here before

2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Where's the 'who cares?' option, he should have been punted with Cathro so why punt him now?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Didn't say that, just don't want him managing the team

That was the question though pal “should he leave the club immediately” not should he no longer be manager

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Carling in a posh hotel in Irvine. I'm really surprised to find this jewel in North Ayrshire. Now for our 7.30 meal yum yum.

😂 Enjoy

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

CL should leave or get sacked immediately. If nothing else it may curb these tedious polls about whether he should be sacked or not. 

😂

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Please never change.

😂

No. 

I don't think he has what we need as head coach. However, stats wise, we're creating chances, dominating possession... from a tactic standpoint we're doing everything right. You can't make a striker make the right decision.. I think his recruitment this window has been too light but once we get Naismith back in the team and the midfield signing - whoever that may be, I think we'll be in a much better place. 

Your question doesn't have any ifs, buts or maybes. As a headcoach/ manager? I do see where you're coming from. As a Director of Football, I don't. Our youth academy is finally starting to show fruit. This has been what Levein has been working towards and we're finally there. 

3 hours ago, deejtee said:

Pointless without an option to return to DOF.

Yes all the Levein out guys that set up these polls don’t include that option because they know that’s the one that would get by far the most votes.  It’s a personal thing with most of them for some obscure reasons. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Please never change.

Ok honey.

58 minutes ago, sadj said:

😂 Enjoy

😂

😂

That was the best meal ever. The Riverside Bar & Buffet Irvine.

tolcross lad
1 hour ago, sadj said:

As DOF he appointed a complete novice in Cathro and let him loose on the playing budget.That DOF inspired fiasco led to Leveins current predicament.Whether as DOF or manager recruitment has been poor and often bizarre and costly.Despite the hype my jury is out on the academy.In anycase Arnott runs the academy.

One of Leveins strategies was in future to promote a head coach from within our own setup and yet you seem to have been  suggesting that Daly and Fox are unfit for purpose.Its a mess and a recipe for discontent.

After this poll gets known all I want to hear is Hearts are looking for a new manager.

In a pro levein forum i thought the poll might be a bit closer. 

Most other polls in social media world are 80%+ go now.

merseyjambo

Putting him back in the Director of Football role just leaves him in a position like he is at the moment - where Ann Budge relies on him for footballing decisions.

He’s then in charge of appointing his successor which according to his doctrine should come from within the club - Daly or Fox no fecking thanks. His last interviewees suggest that he stacked the deck. 2 ex players with average track records, Billy Davies who had been out of management for a while and is an odious little turd and Daly. Who the hell thought any of them would do a job.

Figurehead role with the academy and try to improve our scouting network, yes. DoF and anything to do with first team appointments or player recruitment. No fecking way. 

Who would work with him. 

Class of 75

I voted yes, first time for me😉.  I think he is now doing more harm than good with results only getting worse. Although a great player for us he is now in danger of tarnishing that legacy and for that reason I think the time is now right for him to part ways with the club. 

6 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

As DOF he appointed a complete novice in Cathro and let him loose on the playing budget.That DOF inspired fiasco led to Leveins current predicament.Whether as DOF or manager recruitment has been poor and often bizarre and costly.Despite the hype my jury is out on the academy.In anycase Arnott runs the academy.

One of Leveins strategies was in future to promote a head coach from within our own setup and yet you seem to have been  suggesting that Daly and Fox are unfit for purpose.Its a mess and a recipe for discontent.

Rangers did that with Gerrard and Cathro had more coaching and (asst) managerial experience than Slippy. Liverpool did the same with Dalglish and Celtic did likewise with Lennon, 1st time around - so what's your point?

It's fantasric that your jury's out.  I suspect so will everybody else's as you don't get a dividend overnight from your investment.  It usually takes a few years.

Having criticised CL for appointing Cathro I assume you think he played a stormer appointing Arnott.  Funny you overlooked that!

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Thats the spirit just do absolutely nothing about it :lol: 

To be fair, we can't "do" anything about it, except withdraw financial support.

He isn't going anywhere even though he should have gone at the end of last season.

Bazzas right boot

Refusing to vote unless a "offer him a new shree year deal option is added" 

:leveinnaturalorder:

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Refusing to vote unless a "offer him a new shree year deal option is added" 

:leveinnaturalorder:

You might as well put a Billie Pyper in here to add to your amazing banter Tosh. :rolleyes:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You might as well put a Billie Pyper in here to add to your amazing banter Tosh. :rolleyes:

I reckon you cracked a wee smile at that. 👍

37 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That was the best meal ever. The Riverside Bar & Buffet Irvine.

If i ever lower my standards to visit Ayrshire I will check it out 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

This is a bit tougher than I thought. 

I believe he should have gone at the end of last season. However, that didn’t happen and I think to pull the trigger now is far from ideal, particularly when when we have backed him in the transfer market and despite the drama we are through in the cup. 

It it just doesn’t feel right decision to make, just now, for a number of reasons. 

That said if I’m honest with myself I want him gone. The couple of games I have seen this season we were ****ing awful and all the same problems, and some new, are still there. I have next to no confidence in him going forward, the football is beyond awful to watch, the performances are sub par for the resources we have, the tactics and style of play are bizzare at times, the signings he has made overall haven’t been good enough. 

The success of the academy (which I think is massively overplayed by some) is not down to his role as manager of the club.

Like most of us renewed but the thought of watching this football becomes less and less appealing with every game I go to. Whilst it’s undountably impacting my sons desire to follow us. That pisses me right off for purely selfish reasons. 

I would probably hold off just now and, against my better judgement, see how it goes with him in charge. It ****ing pains me to type that. 

The mistake was not getting rid after cup final.

This is a sensible post. 

Balanced, logical.

👍

I agree. 

Getting knocked out the lc would have been instant dismissal. 

We got through 

32 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Cathro was a gamble worth taking. Pairing him with MacPhee could of worked out but it didnt. Its done and Levein had to hold his hands up and sort it out.

I am very much saying Daly and Fox are unfit for purpose. Thats my opinion. You wont get it right all the time but in that circumstance if the guys arent ready or capable you go elsewhere. Its not a case of well thats who is getting it full stop. Why do you think cathro came in and we interviewed after he left. 

Manager recruitment has been bizarre and costly? Neilson , Cathro , Levein? Prob paid less over 3years to all 3 than Aberdeen paid McInnes last year. 

Neilson - cant say he was shit

Cathro - awful , a gamble that didnt work

Levein - cleaning up his own mess

Arnott works for and with Levein doesn’t he or has Arnott changed the structure of the club to suit your argument. It takes a few years to get an academy going , we are making infrastructure changes to improve it aswell with tie ups wtc its in a great state it was an empty shell with a collapsed roof when we hit admin. 

Scouting system was the same. You cant rebuild on top of ****ed foundations. You need to demolish the site and start from scratch. Hopefully the next 2years will see more progression in that side of things. 

If you caught any of the tournament this weekend you will of seen the Arsenal lads saying our facilities are brilliant and the football we played was very good. 

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Rangers did that with Gerrard and Cathro had more coaching and (asst) managerial experience than Slippy. Liverpool did the same with Dalglish and Celtic did likewise with Lennon, 1st time around - so what's your point?

It's fantasric that your jury's out.  I suspect so will everybody else's as you don't get a dividend overnight from your investment.  It usually takes a few years.

Having criticised CL for appointing Cathro I assume you think he played a stormer appointing Arnott.  Funny you overlooked that!

Al while thats factual. Gerrard had a reputation and therefore immediately commanded respect , Cathro didn’t and didn’t earn it therefore failed. Footballers are dicks , if you turned up tomorrow and said Im the new gaffer we are doing this but until yesterday I coached Midlothian u18s and was assistant to Tommy Wright they’d look at you like you were a dick and be wary as ****. You’d have to win them over fast and if you didn’t you’d have no ****ing chance of success. 

Dalglish again a reputation and pedigree

Lennon he’s just a Celtic twat so you can have that one.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes all the Levein out guys that set up these polls don’t include that option because they know that’s the one that would get by far the most votes.  It’s a personal thing with most of them for some obscure reasons. 

Why don’t you start a poll to prove that then?

In reality you should be delighted with the options as they stand, because a ‘punt back upstairs’ option would bring the combined total of those wanting him removed from first team management duties with immediate effect to about 90% (imo).

4 minutes ago, leginten said:

Why don’t you start a poll to prove that then?

In reality you should be delighted with the options as they stand, because a ‘punt back upstairs’ option would bring the combined total of those wanting him removed from first team management duties with immediate effect to about 90% (imo).

Not sure it would be that high but certainly higher. I’m disappointed we didn’t do the things I’d heard were going to happen over the summer. I’ll always believe we will win every game as its the mentality i was given when i was a kid before I even played thanks to my dad. 

I wanted to see someone in under Levein to slowly take the reigns during the season and let Craig slip back upstairs and focus on the things he has done successfully. 

Rarely do I actually give my position on him and as he’s manager I’ll back him. Doesn’t mean i think it is correct for him to continue there. 

Edited by sadj

I don’t think he should leave the club so the poll answers don’t work for my outlook.

I do think he should step back to DoF and allow Austin a chance to take on the team. The guy has plenty of experience as assistant coach/manager including experience with NI’s international set up. He’s less of a risk than going external IMO. 

Brauhauser2012

Recruitment and scouting have been mentioned critically and yet no-one has said a word about the man in charge of that, John Murray. I feel that over a long period of time it simply hasn't been good enough. The head of recruitment needs to bear some of the responsibility. 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Al while thats factual. Gerrard had a reputation and therefore immediately commanded respect , Cathro didn’t and didn’t earn it therefore failed. Footballers are dicks , if you turned up tomorrow and said Im the new gaffer we are doing this but until yesterday I coached Midlothian u18s and was assistant to Tommy Wright they’d look at you like you were a dick and be wary as ****. You’d have to win them over fast and if you didn’t you’d have no ****ing chance of success. 

Dalglish again a reputation and pedigree

Lennon he’s just a Celtic twat so you can have that one.

So it wasn't his lack of experience but his lack of a reputation as a player

Mourinho didn't reach the dizzy heights of 1st team football but still carved out a reputation as manager while Lawrie McMenemy who became England manager similarly failed to play at 1st team level, although he was signed by Newcastle.  Neither had a pedigree prior to their 1st hot seat.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not sure it would be that high but certainly higher. I’m disappointed we didn’t do the things I’d heard were going to happen over the summer. I’ll always believe we will win every game as its the mentality i was given when i was a kid before I even played thanks to my dad. 

I wanted to see someone in under Levein to slowly take the reigns during the season and let Craig slip back upstairs and focus on the things he has done successfully. 

Rarely do I actually give my position on him and as he’s manager I’ll back him. Doesn’t mean i think it is correct for him to continue there. 

63% currently want him gone from the club immediately, according to the poll. And of those who’ve discussed their ‘No’ decision on this thread, it looks to me as if a considerable majority are saying that vote is based solely on the absence of an option to send him back upstairs.

• davemclaren locked this topic