Who would be in your team for the start of the season?

tartofmidlothian

Igglepiggle

This is the issue with having to play League Cup games against lower league teams, we've been playing 4-4-2 with attacking wingers but I can't see us playing like that at Pittodrie. Would expect to see something like:

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Berra

Hickey

McDonald

Irving

Clare

Walker

Mulraney

Washington 

4forDevries
4 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Never in a month of Sundays does Keena offer more than Uche 

What’s he done ?

Keena is only 19, 5 years younger than Uche. So it's not about what he's done, but he did great at Dunfermline last season scoring about every second game as an 18 year old. It's about who can offer what going forward. There is a time and a place for Uche. But he is not the penalty box natural goal scorer I see in Keena. If managed correctly and given game time Keena could be a prolific goalscorer at Uches age.

Soapy Soutar

If playing 2 up top keena and washinhton have much more potential as a partnership than uche and washinhton.

Uche can be a very useful player from the bench but should not be starting unless due to injuries.

Walker,naismith,mcdonald,mulraney,washington and keena wee have to potential to play some very nice stuff and all are capable of giving us a decent goal return

4forDevries
34 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

If playing 2 up top keena and washinhton have much more potential as a partnership than uche and washinhton.

Uche can be a very useful player from the bench but should not be starting unless due to injuries.

Walker,naismith,mcdonald,mulraney,washington and keena wee have to potential to play some very nice stuff and all are capable of giving us a decent goal return

Agreed. There are times when we will want to sit back and protect something and times when we want to play hitting on the break with a long ball to Uche. Nothing wrong with that.... the ball can travel alot quicker than a man. But for a poachers instinct and goal threat, at 5 years younger than Uche, we can't lose sight of this potential. Game time with Washington would be great but he can definitely learn from McLean too.  I'm not getting carried away, we could and should have scored more recently against lower opposition than we will face in the league. But if Naismith and a QUALITY CM sign, Walker stays injury free and we get Haring fit, then the doom and gloom imposters can take a hike.

3 hours ago, 4forDevries said:

Keena is only 19, 5 years younger than Uche. So it's not about what he's done, but he did great at Dunfermline last season scoring about every second game as an 18 year old. It's about who can offer what going forward. There is a time and a place for Uche. But he is not the penalty box natural goal scorer I see in Keena. If managed correctly and given game time Keena could be a prolific goalscorer at Uches age.

Hope your right but I don’t see it 

20 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not sure really, but what I do know is that if we play with regular starters this season like Bozanic, Wighton, Zanatta, Brandon, Keena and McLean we will barely average 1 point per game. 

Mr positive as usual

Not sure really, but what I do know is that if we play with regular starters this season like Bozanic, Wighton, Zanatta, Brandon, Keena and McLean we will barely average 1 point per gam

Edited by NEWSTAND

Not sure really, but what I do know is that if we play with regular starters this season like Bozanic, Wighton, Zanatta, Brandon, Keena and McLean we will barely average 1 point per game. 

Mr positive as usual

14 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Never in a month of Sundays does Keena offer more than Uche 

What’s he done ?

He scores goals.

On 17/07/2019 at 11:01, Hampden Demolition said:

I’ve yet to be impressed with Keena from what I have seen so far. Don’t get me wrong, he is still young but McDonald, Cochrane, Hickey and Smith have showed more and are younger.

I really like Keena. He's impressed me every time I've seen him. He's built better than most of the other youngsters and seems to have the ability to fashion a chance, sometimes out of very little. 

Cruyff Turn

Thus far..

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra Hickey

Clare. Irving 

McDonald.             Mulraney

Walker

Washington 

bench - Doyle, Halkett, Brandon, Bozanic, Cochrane, Zanatta, Uche

Probable Best XI all fit and available.

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra Hickey