The Open Championship 2019

kila

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Apart from the obvious non golfing reason. They have had to change the course to accommodate grandstands etc. I think it's going to host at least another two Opens as per the current rotation.

Should be on the rota for years to come - really impressed 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• Maroon Sailor

• Notts1874

• Samuel Camazzola

Maroon Sailor

Duval finishes at +27

1 under for his last 10 holes. Fair play to him for that and not taking the easy way out of withdrawing

However he should make that his last round in The Open unless he has a remarkable change of form

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Should be on the rota for years to come - really impressed 

It's been brilliant. Crowds have been superb. Course has been excellent. Shame next year is at the worse course on the rota.

Duval finishes at +27

1 under for his last 10 holes. Fair play to him for that and not taking the easy way out of withdrawing

However he should make that his last round in The Open unless he has a remarkable change of form

Did he not win a St. George’s? If so that’s next year, maybe that’ll be his last.

Edited by Irufushi

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Notts1874 said:

It's been brilliant. Crowds have been superb. Course has been excellent. Shame next year is at the worse course on the rota.

Yeah I'm not keen on that course either.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Irufushi said:

Did he not win a St. George’s? If so that’s next year, may that’ll be his last.

He won at Lytham when Woosnam had too many clubs in his bag

Yeah I'm not keen on that course either.

Usually the lowest crowds as well.

Rory hits a shocking second

I don't care much for Rory, always wanting to give his shitty opinion on anything outside of golf and would sell his Granny for the right price.  This prancing around Portrush in Stone Island/Nike gear was a joke IMO. For me he needs to strip it all back to what he was when a sensational player.  When he shot that 61 aged 16 he was hungry, now he’s lost control and focus of what its all about and that is TITLES.

Saying all the above, it was hard watching him in that interview, I saw a wee boy with a dream and he ****ed it.

Maroon Sailor

Stephen Gallacher was talking about him having a heated discussion with someone who didn't shout fore either. The reason they didn't is because they wanted to hit someone in the hope the ball bounced off them on to the fairway.

Gallacher wasn't impressed 

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Shocking , eh? :lol: I’d love to play it and see what my score would be , make a better fist of it than +28 I’d bet!

Listened to an interview with Jamie Murray as he and Andy both joined Wentworth this year and gained new handicaps down there. Jamie is off 10 and Andy was allocated 6. They played a medal with the course set up to Championship length and both scored 101! 😄 

Surely players with a competent ability shouldn't be scoring anything like that on any course. 

Maroon Sailor
7 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Surely players with a competent ability shouldn't be scoring anything like that on any course. 

A 47 year old former Open champion shouldn't be taking 14 on one hole !

That's a worse score than double bogeying four Par 3's in a round

Looking like nasty weather coming in for the final round.     Heavy rain and winds getting up.     Hopefully limited and playable but it might make things very interesting.

Rain forecast for central belt Scotland this afternoon.     May have to swerve the Saturday medal and spend the day in the club bar.     What a disaster.    ;)

Samuel Camazzola

A few of my pre tournament picks dropped out but still got a raft of guys for the e/w placings. 

GMac, Westwood, Willett, Bjerregard, Smith, Spieth and Knox. 

Samuel Camazzola
8 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Aye, me also, Rose, Stenson, Rahm all handy & Oosty,

Hopefully a couple of early starters can post a 63/64 to spice things up. 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Hopefully a couple of early starters can post a 63/64 to spice things up. 

Got to go low today and protect tomorrow.

My £2.50 each way on Molinari looks a pretty bad choice. Should have stuck with one of my original thoughts and went with Fleetwood.

Cruyff Turn

Tommy Fleetwood will win it if he keeps this going tomorrow.

I would love to see Lee Westwood win it though. 

Maroon Sailor
29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Tommy Fleetwood will win it if he keeps this going tomorrow.

I would love to see Lee Westwood win it though. 

There are a few up at the top that would be a popular winner

Lowry, Fleetwood, Westwood, Fowler all looking to break through with their maiden major

Cruyff Turn
10 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

A 47 year old former Open champion shouldn't be taking 14 on one hole !

That's a worse score than double bogeying four Par 3's in a round

Didn’t David Duval have to best swing in golf at one point? Seem to remember many coaches using him as an example of a perfect swing. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Didn’t David Duval have to best swing in golf at one point? Seem to remember many coaches using him as an example of a perfect swing. 

He was the best golfer in the world at one stage. 

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He was the best golfer in the world at one stage. 

Yeah, I remember him in the late nineties/early 2000’s being up there with Tiger, Els etc. at every major and of course winning the Open.

Anyone know why it’s gone so wrong for him? 

Maroon Sailor

This 3rd round is turning in to target golf - no wind whatsoever now

These leaders could take it away from anyone in single figures under par

Depends on how bad the weather is expected to be tomorrow

49 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Yeah, I remember him in the late nineties/early 2000’s being up there with Tiger, Els etc. at every major and of course winning the Open.

Anyone know why it’s gone so wrong for him? 

I asked the same thing the other day.Crazy how fast he fell from grace and never recovered.Just completely fell away and never won anything after The Open.

Maroon Sailor

From Wiki

Following Duval's victory at the 2001 Open Championship, he never won again on the PGA Tour and his performance declined dramatically due to injuries and various medical conditions. As a result, he lost his tour card in 2011

Just watching the highlights. Why the **** would a grown man, able to dress himself, wear white trousers ?

Samuel Camazzola
15 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Just watching the highlights. Why the **** would a grown man, able to dress himself, wear white trousers ?

Lucrative contract? 

If you're offended by them, look away when Van Rooyen is playing! 😲

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Lowry has this in the bag. No danger he’ll slip up now. He’ll relish the pish weather tomorrow too. 

Thought that last time he led by 4 going into final round of a major.

Ive a feeling looking at the weather for tomorrow that someone could come out of the pack earlier in the day like Lawrie at Carnoustie in 99 as the later starters struggle with the weather. Think it could be an interesting day tomorrow still and not as clear cut as it looks.

After me writing this, expect Lowry to win easy, not very good with my predictions.

Samuel Camazzola
12 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Lowry has this in the bag. No danger he’ll slip up now. He’ll relish the pish weather tomorrow too. 

I'd love to see him win it and he's in a great position. However, seen it all too often that these leads can get wiped out quickly and that two shot swings are likely. 

Bringing the tee times forward will benefit him. 

Had a dream that Stenson won this from 6 under.

Yuri Gellar and Derek Acorah better watch out, theres a new screwloose on the scene

4 shot lead but it's a 6+ shot lead if you exclude Fleetwood.    Overwhelming fav now unless Fleetwood can make a fist of it.    Can't see Lowry finishing level or below anyone else.    

gashauskis9

What’s with the Lowry cam?  No other player is getting helicopter view replays of every feckin putt!

Ive got Fowler at 40/1, fingers crossed for a capitulation (although I quite like the big guy, comes across well).

Rahm, Stenson & Rose...pussy's...MACINTYRE climbing the leaderboard in the clubhouse with a big dirty Guinness in his hand.

Have to put your bets on with Betfair, far better odds, none of this EW pish:  

S Lowry

94/1

T Fleetwood

37/1

P Cantlay

29/1

H Stenson

37/1

G MCDowell

169/1

MacIntyre's been making thousands since he finished ages ago.    Up to T6 now and could go even further up.     Good lad.

Malinga the Swinga

Been a long time since Open held at Portrush and I can only express hope that it a very long time till it is held there again. Course is as dull and depressing as any Links course I have ever seen and the lack of atmosphere, for anyone other than Irish players, is a sad sight to behold.

Lowry winning mostly because of his own ability, but the lack of guts and skill from the rest of the leaderboard has made the last day pretty boring, at least for the neutral spectator.

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Been a long time since Open held at Portrush and I can only express hope that it a very long time till it is held there again. Course is as dull and depressing as any Links course I have ever seen and the lack of atmosphere, for anyone other than Irish players, is a sad sight to behold.

Lowry winning mostly because of his own ability, but the lack of guts and skill from the rest of the leaderboard has made the last day pretty boring, at least for the neutral spectator.

😄