• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• Maroon Sailor

• Notts1874

• Samuel Camazzola

Good luck trying to pick a winner in this.    Huge numbers of capable players in decent-good form + benign conditions = cavalry charge leaderboard.     Winning score wont be big numbers under par (-14 at the most) but could be a tightly packed 20 players or so.    

Initial eyecatchers.

Stenson 28/1

Leishman 70/1

Pepperell 75/1

Olesen 110/1

Pieters 150/1

1 hour ago, kila said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/golf/open-2019-british-portrush-northern-ireland-politics-preview-arlene-foster-a9004731.html

Good piece on what it took to get the Open held back in Portrush.

I think a Northern Irishman will win it and that'll be Rory.

Thanks for this a really interesting read, after that Rory for me !!

Rahm for me. Usually plays well in Ireland (all be it Republic)

Outsiders - Van Rooyen, Bezuidenhout and Adri Arnaus

Mon the Spanish & Saf Africans

The Mighty Thor

Schauffle for me.

He's got the all round game for that kind of course.

It won't be Rory. He's shelling it all roads these days.  

Samuel Camazzola

Rory is kicking about Portrush in a Stone Island cagoule. Would this be tolerated down Kilspindie way? 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Rory is kicking about Portrush in a Stone Island cagoule. Would this be tolerated down Kilspindie way? 

:lol: 

i like a fair few this this week but my main bet is stenson. 

3fingersreid

Weather forecast could make it a tough time for them , just how golf should be 😀

Samuel Camazzola
45 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

i like a fair few this this week but my main bet is stenson. 

For an ew bet, I think Hovland was priced at 4000/1 this morning. Will need to investigate to see what the conditions are. 

A raft of ew bets for me. Fancy Rory to be up there but the price is too low. Scott and Zach Johnson are appealing. Charley Hoffman out in the first group and around 175/1 too. 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Think you have to have a shirt and tie on to get on Kilspindie.    Wing collar shirt at that.

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Hahaha :)

The rain and wind will be glorious on Sunday, you have to think Rory will win this given it was his course as a junior and he still holds the course record, that experience will be unreal this weekend.

5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Your obsessed with Kilspindie, do me a favour and move on...please!

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Think you have to have a shirt and tie on to get on Kilspindie.    Wing collar shirt at that.

:facepalm:

Would like to see Rory, fleetwood or beef win it but still not sure who I'll back yet. Like usual I'll probably stick with backing Molinari tho.

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Justin Rose for me.

Heres hoping. i think theres too much pressure on Rory, hope he does well though.

Have to put your bets on with Betfair, far better odds, none of this EW pish:  

T Fleetwood

37/1

P Cantlay

29/1

H Stenson

37/1

S Lowry

94/1

G MCDowell

169/1

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Your obsessed with Kilspindie, do me a favour and move on...please!

Looks a great wee course and woukd like to play it one day. 

That and Luffness are the tracks I've yet to play. 

Roxy Hearts
8 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Nice wee course. We played a works outing there and were all trying to be quiet, when, one of the boys went to the bar and his mobile went off. Now, it wasn't a normal sound, it was a new one at the time and it was the sound of Tarzan going aaaaaaaaooowhahaaaaawhahoooooowhahaaaaaa! We were were all grimacing. 😂

Shanks said no

After losing heavily last weekend I might as well clear my account out

Schauffele, Stenson and Cabrero Bello all each way.

Captain America
8 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

For an ew bet, I think Hovland was priced at 4000/1 this morning. Will need to investigate to see what the conditions are. 

A raft of ew bets for me. Fancy Rory to be up there but the price is too low. Scott and Zach Johnson are appealing. Charley Hoffman out in the first group and around 175/1 too. 

You sure it was Hovland? He isn't playing The Open when I checked.

Fancy Rahm to do well, Bezuidenhout for an EW, my usual bet on Westwood and few others.

Samuel Camazzola
40 minutes ago, Captain America said:

You sure it was Hovland? He isn't playing The Open when I checked.

Fancy Rahm to do well, Bezuidenhout for an EW, my usual bet on Westwood and few others.

It was via the Oddschecker listings. He is still listed on their site (not at 4000/1 though) but I've not checked to see if they have it right. 

7 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It was via the Oddschecker listings. He is still listed on their site (not at 4000/1 though) but I've not checked to see if they have it right. 

He was meant to play as an amateur, however he's since become professional therefore hasn't qualified

jack D and coke
21 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Initial bet will be Darren Clarke top 10 after day 1 at 25/1.

Good call so far he’s had a great start this morning. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Good call so far he’s had a great start this morning. 

Kiss of death right here!

Personally I think you should pay him his potential winnings for that awful jynx!!

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Kiss of death right here!

Personally I think you should pay him his potential winnings for that awful jynx!!

R&A Cheif Exec just on the radio saying that all Opens in the future will be all ticket and available in advance only.

Rory 3 off the tee on 1!!  Took a driving iron to be safe, his second has buried into the rough.

EDIT:  His second is into some DEEP shite!!  Looking like a 7 on hole 1

Edited by Armageddon

McIlroy opens with an 8 :D

Pulled his tee shot out of bounds, nearly does the same again three off the tee, then hooks his fourth into the deep rough left of green, has to take a drop, chip onto green then two putts.

Edited by kila

The Mighty Thor

I'm walking in the air......

😂😂😂😂

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, kila said:

McIlroy opens with an 8 :D

Pulled his tee shot out of bounds, nearly does the same again three off the tee, then hooks his fourth into the deep rough left of green, has to take a drop, chip onto green then two putts.

Level par will be a good score now. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes and bags a couple of eagles in the next few holes. 

Samuel Camazzola
27 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

R&A Cheif Exec just on the radio saying that all Opens in the future will be all ticket and available in advance only.

Pretty much the way it's been in recent years. The original 2019 allocation sold out last July. 

13 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Pretty much the way it's been in recent years. The original 2019 allocation sold out last July. 

This year is the first year they have had ticket only. Could always pay on the gate in previous years.

Hate the high aerial cameras that get used every Open, get no clue as to where the ball is going until it lands

Edited by kila

Now Rory is big into the rubbish on the par 3 3rd, knocking about yesterday in the Stone Island gear like a branded up donkey.

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Now Rory is big into the rubbish on the par 3 3rd, knocking about yesterday in the Stone Island gear like a branded up donkey.

Could happen to anyone... cruel game. Watch him shoot a 66 tomorrow.

Pasquale for King

Any European winning it would be great. Course looks amazing and deserves its place back on the Open rota.

Pretty cool swing analysis by Sky, must have a catalogue of swings recorded for this purpose. Panning around to see the swing from different angles insightful.

I have a very shut club face, not a chance I'll swap that for a flippy wrists/arms swing with the club right angle to the horizon though, I love to leather it as hard as I can from body power :D