• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• martoon

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Maybe during the normal season. In these sort of games where people are searching for fitness it doesn’t matter as much

How do you search for fitness?  You put the work in now.  

Football is about habit and you start as soon as you set foot on the park. I think it’s good for forwards to find goals ASAP or a little bit pressure is on them going into the tougher matches you are alluding to. 

I get rustiness will get in the road during early matches but that shouldn’t affect attitude. 

89' | 0-2

Somehow Anthony McDonald doesn't have a second! Brilliant one-two with Ikpeazu and he tries to dink it over the keeper but he just holds on after the ball seems to roll over him.

3 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Hans eskilson

Never heard of him. 

Alex Kintner
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Football is about habit and you start as soon as you set foot on the park. I think it’s good for forwards to find goals ASAP or a little bit pressure is on them going into the tougher matches you are alluding to. 

I get rustiness will get in the road during early matches but that shouldn’t affect attitude. 

Are you at the game and seeing signs that the players’ attitude isn’t right?

Alex Kintner

Looking forward to hearing the reports from those at the game. Sounds like we played a lot of attacking football tonight 👍🏻

Alex Kintner
Just now, DarioHMFC said:

Take the win, decent performance and a good run. Going to win the group, no doubt about it. 

Win? Thought it finished 1-1? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Geoff Kilpatrick

Job done! Good work Hearts. 11 points will see us seeded now if results stay as they are.

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I get what you are saying but early doors you need the fitness worked on and the rest slips into place. 

Pleased enough with that. The finishing, or lack of, is a slight worry but it's early days and the Hibby 'keeper sounded handy. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Had to check. The East End win v. Cowdenbeath was August 1990. John Millar's debut was a year later. 

👍

Inch Hearts
48 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He’s a troll. He trolls over Hearts not doing well. Hearts fans then enjoying his trolling being flung right back in to his face is not bullying... you know this though.

If he’s a troll then ban the ***** instead of ruining the match thread ripping a poster. 

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

Take the win, decent performance and a good run. Going to win the group, no doubt about it. 

Fingers crossed all the paperwork this year is tickity-boo.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Job done! Good work Hearts. 11 points will see us seeded now if results stay as they are.

Ross County, Motherwell, Arbroath, Morton, Partick can all finish on 12 points

Inch Hearts
50 minutes ago, Prof said:

Unfortunately he’s not the only one. A good few are happy to mix it then run off to complain to their mummies!

Imagine actually being sad enough to report a poster on a thread :lol: I’m banned from loads so it happens. 

Haringshairband
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Imagine actually being sad enough to report a poster on a thread :lol: I’m banned from loads so it happens. 

Reported.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, To Be Frank said:

And other teams can get to 11. Plenty work to be done goals nail it down 

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

booooo

Only 2-0.

CL oot!

Horrific embarrassing shambles.

Brighton Jambo

Good result ensuring we remain top of the group.  Been some strange results in competition so far, not least St Johnstone tonight and of course the Hibs so a comfortable result welcome.  

sounds like a good run out for a number of players and nice to see McDonald and Halkett get first goals.  McCann saying McDonald best player on the pitch also.

Lacking some sharpness in front of goal it sounds like though their keeper got man of match so perhaps shouldn’t be too harsh on them.

And good that no injuries.

All in all a good night and we move on to the next match in good shape.  

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

All of them won’t finish on 12 points. Hibs WILL best Arbroath at home. 

Inch Hearts
Just now, martoon said:

Original. 

Get used to it 👍 (not that it’s a bad thing if hearts keep winning) 

Edited by Inch Hearts

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Good result ensuring we remain top of the group.  Been some strange results in competition so far, not least St Johnstone tonight and of course the Hibs so a comfortable result welcome.  

sounds like a good run out for a number of players and nice to see McDonald and Halkett get first goals.  McCann saying McDonald best player on the pitch also.

Lacking some sharpness in front of goal it sounds like though their keeper got man of match so perhaps shouldn’t be too harsh on them.

And good that no injuries.

All in all a good night and we move on to the next match in good shape.  

Nice summary imo

Sounded like a good job done by the lads tonight. Comfy win, no injuries, a few more guys getting a run out. As others have said when Conor Washington gets his first he'll hopefully kick on and get more. Seems like young Tony was the best player on the park tonight, good signs from him. A very decent night. Good night all Jambos from the Isle of Scalpay off Harris. I'll be settling down to a couple of drams now before bed. Slainte.

Guest ToqueJambo

Sounds like another good run out. I much prefer these competitive pre league season games to the 8 or 9 friendlies we used to play pre season. One of the few good things the SPFL have done recently.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Hibs could finish on 11. Hearts need to score goals and Leveins pissed off with that tonight 

mainstandjambo
8 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Motherwell and Morton are in same section so both can't get 12 points.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sounds like another good run out. I much prefer these competitive pre league season games to the 8 or 9 friendlies we used to play pre season. One of the few good things the SPFL have done recently.

mmmm

I'd prefer the foreign friendlies next season.

Kirky Jambo
13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I think Motherwell and Morton are in the same group so presumably they can’t both get 12 (unless I’m being daft...)

14 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

If he’s a troll then ban the ***** instead of ruining the match thread ripping a poster. 

I’m not a moderator. 

IveSeenTheLight
10 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Sounded like a good job done by the lads tonight. Comfy win, no injuries, a few more guys getting a run out. As others have said when Conor Washington gets his first he'll hopefully kick on and get more. Seems like young Tony was the best player on the park tonight, good signs from him. A very decent night. Good night all Jambos from the Isle of Scalpay off Harris. I'll be settling down to a couple of drams now before bed. Slainte.

The online media is saying Halkett and McDonald scored

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Yes. Yes they are.

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It’s because they did..🤔

Edited by MattyK82

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

WHEN he said

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Barack said:

So, just to be sure.

We've not won by at least 5, which it would be if it wasn't for that Hibs tosser, & Zanatta passing up a tap-in for Washington...so, this has been a horrendous result for us?

I'll take the win, cheers.

Quite. Last ( and only ) time I was at Central Park Craig Levein was playing for them. 

33 minutes ago, martoon said:

Not sure, SG. John did make his league debut at East End Park but obviously v. Dunfermline. He was abysmal, as I recall, but soon found his feet. Really liked him. 

29 minutes ago, martoon said:

Had to check. The East End win v. Cowdenbeath was August 1990. John Millar's debut was a year later. 

First saw John Miller in pre season friendly at Raith. Appreciate that's not competitive debut. 

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Indeed they did. If you read my post you'd see that I said WHEN Conor Washington scores his first. Whit's wrong? Can see sheep no read past " baaa, ram , ewe " ? .

9 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

I think Motherwell and Morton are in the same group so presumably they can’t both get 12 (unless I’m being daft...)

Be happy just to win the group and qualify.

The seeding can take care of itself. We weren't seeded last year but Dunfermline was a decent draw. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Indeed they did. If you read my post you'd see that I said WHEN Conor Washington scores his first. Whit's wrong? Can see sheep no read past " baaa, ram , ewe " ? .

Fair enough, just skimmed the post ☺️

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Did he Frank?  😳.  Show me the quote please. Cheers.

Said it in post-match interview he did with Hickey on Friday 👍🏻

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Give him a break he's a molester of mutton and a bit wooly between the ears. He'll probably be feeling a little sheepish now the poor little lamb.