Hearts spend £100K on CCTV during close season

7628mm

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

So pricks unhappy we spent £100k on the woman's team, noting it as a waste of cash that could have bought a player, are probably some of the same arsehole element whose behaviour has meant we had to spend that on CCTV.

I hope its used in all areas of the ground include the away end.

This is another waste of our cash.  We still have not completed the new stand and with FOH money now going to Budge our first team  budget is under pressure.  We need to make sure the product on the park is good before we spend on vanity projects.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• McCrae

• davemclaren

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not passing judgement, mate. Just making a, very good IMO, prediction that there will be threads on here this coming season, complaining that OF behaviour in the Roseburn won’t come under the same scrutiny as the rest of the stadium.

I may be wrong of course. I don’t think I will be.

I take the view that their behaviour  can’t continue to be ignored either by the club or the police. They now have state of the art CCTV that can readily identify individuals and there should be no hiding place for these odious lowlifes. 

Bridge of Djoum
12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

This is another waste of our cash.  We still have not completed the new stand and with FOH money now going to Budge our first team  budget is under pressure.  We need to make sure the product on the park is good before we spend on vanity projects.

May I be the 1st to say this post is utter shite from start to finish.

You're welcome.

Jamboelite
14 minutes ago, McCrae said:

CCTV isnt a vanity project and the woman’s team i suspect is one of many reasons why our benefactors continue to give us cash to finish things like the stand.

FOH money was originally going to the £3m for the stand and wasnt being used in our budget so we have never had it, so it is under no more pressure than before.

We are likely spending less on the stand as it nears completion from our budget.

Jamboelite
7 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You're welcome.

?

12 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You're welcome.

May I be the 1st to say that this post is bang on from start to finish.

The difference in the new CCTV is that it covers a much wider area and can be zoomed in to capture a very clear picture of the offender st a level which will identify them. 

Flares/missiles will all be picked up. 

Will take a few arrests to demonstrate the size of the step forward but it will cut this down. 

Might your think about the potential fines it could avoid, could even pay for itself. 

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Cctv a vanity project? ??

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, Sid said:

The difference in the new CCTV is that it covers a much wider area and can be zoomed in to capture a very clear picture of the offender st a level which will identify them. 

Flares/missiles will all be picked up. 

Will take a few arrests to demonstrate the size of the step forward but it will cut this down. 

Might your think about the potential fines it could avoid, could even pay for itself. 

Image result for this guy gets it gif

John Findlay
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I reckon it’s failed if it gets that far. ?

I reckon it’s failed if it gets that far. ?

Sadly I work in an industry that probably has more CCTV cameras than any other.

It does not prevent staff being assaulted. It is mostly used to gain prosecutions after the deed is done.

Cctv a vanity project? ??

Yes, it’s not legally required and is about being seen to do the right thing. 

We don’t have a lot of spare cash and I would prefer it was spent on the 1st team.

20 hours ago, 7628mm said:

Hearts have spent £100,000 installing CCTV in Tynecastle during the close season.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-owner-ann-budge-outlines-reasons-for-100k-spend-on-cctv-1-4960337?fbclid=IwAR3W26Qv0KkVe9OCigIR3fk_sL5qMBZuZylB77npjKfZLzfcFa7fQzvYWwo

Money well spent or would it have been spent better on the playing side?

Some other things from the article could also be up for an adult debate on here but we will see what happens.

Fill your boots kids

I buy a lot of CCTV in my job and have done for a number of years.  £100K is an incredible amount of money to spend. However without knowing what they have bought, the camera spec, number of cameras and recorders I cant comment if we have overpaid.

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We don’t have a lot of spare cash and I would prefer it was spent on the 1st team.

So anything that isn’t a legal requirement is a vanity project? 

tokyowalnut
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

How do you know we don't have a lot of spare cash? Genuine question.

tokyowalnut
44 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

'Vanity project' is right up there with 'bootroom', and 'project player', amongst others, as the most irritating phrases on here. 

Can't really get my head round people questioning this decision. 

Italian Lambretta
3 hours ago, Deek said:

I buy a lot of CCTV in my job and have done for a number of years.  £100K is an incredible amount of money to spend. However without knowing what they have bought, the camera spec, number of cameras and recorders I cant comment if we have overpaid.

Probably bought it from her pal Dumpster. 

3 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

How do you know we don't have a lot of spare cash? Genuine question.

Last year our net profit was only £250k.  We don’t make a lot money as a club.

On 05/07/2019 at 21:05, 7628mm said:

Hearts have spent £100,000 installing CCTV in Tynecastle during the close season.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-owner-ann-budge-outlines-reasons-for-100k-spend-on-cctv-1-4960337?fbclid=IwAR3W26Qv0KkVe9OCigIR3fk_sL5qMBZuZylB77npjKfZLzfcFa7fQzvYWwo

Money well spent or would it have been spent better on the playing side?

Some other things from the article could also be up for an adult debate on here but we will see what happens.

Fill your boots kids

Good move. ?

No doubt the bellends in our support will be raging though

3 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

'Vanity project' is right up there with 'bootroom', and 'project player', amongst others, as the most irritating phrases on here. 

Can't really get my head round people questioning this decision. 

Are you happy with our current squad? 

I think we look weak in midfield and need to sign a couple of players.  This is a big year for the club... we need to do better in the league. This money would make a big difference to the first team budget.

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Of course not.

This is a big year for the club and another bad league performance won’t do AB’s reputation much good.

The CCTV, investments in women’s football are all good causes, but the timing is wrong. These are nice things to do, but not essential. It’s all about image.

Just to be clear, I think overall AB has done a great job. Just think she has made a mistake with this.

Edited by McCrae

100k would get us a very mediocre player on under 2k per week for one season. Minus a signing fee and agent fees so actually less than that.

If this helps stop @rseholes damaging our pitch with pyros, damaging our reputation with sectarian/racist singing and stops our club from getting fines, it's a worthwhile investment.

Edited by Ray Gin

Just now, McCrae said:

Of course not.

This is a big year for the club and another bad league performance won’t do AB’s reputation much good.

The CCTV, investments in women’s football are all good causes, but the timing is wrong. These are nice things to do, but not essential. It’s all about image.

Football performances are easily forgotten given how fickel we all are. 

If nothing else AB will have done a lot of good despite poor on pitch performances. 

You have to remember Hearts have been pretty shite for the majority of our history. 

tokyowalnut
10 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I think we look weak in midfield and need to sign a couple of players.  This is a big year for the club... we need to do better in the league. This money would make a big difference to the first team budget.

I think we need at least 1 more midfielder.

I'm.pretty certain budgets for players are separate from the infrastructure budget. Spending this does not worry me at all. 

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Of course not.

Just to be clear, I think overall AB has done a great job. Just think she has made a mistake with this.

The timing is brilliant for the investment in women's football. Hearts have the best set-up in Scotland now for young girls and there will be a flurry of interest among kids inspired by the World Cup.

I think one reason it's gone in is to demonstrate that footballl clubs are continuing to operate within the law and thus avoid government imposing new laws on football supporters. On that basis I welcome it.

Im less interested in Ann Budge's 'family friendly' this and that ad nauseum. Seems to me that supporters were younger on average 30 years ago, I certainly took mine along 20 years ago without feeling we needed marketed or pandered to as anything different from any other supporter.

jambomjm74
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The timing is brilliant for the investment in women's football. Hearts have the best set-up in Scotland now for young girls and there will be a flurry of interest among kids inspired by the World Cup.

I don’t agree. It’s very much one for the future and despite the hype its an amateur sport that has little curb appeal. 

The cctv is also an overspend. 

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

When do you expect the club will make a profit from this?

9 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I think we need at least 1 more midfielder.

I'm.pretty certain budgets for players are separate from the infrastructure budget. Spending this does not worry me at all. 

It all comes from the same pot.

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

Football performances are easily forgotten given how fickel we all are. 

If nothing else AB will have done a lot of good despite poor on pitch performances. 

You have to remember Hearts have been pretty shite for the majority of our history. 

Agreed.

In the end most club owners end up falling out with the fans before they leave.

I hope AB moves on before this happens.

Just now, tokyowalnut said:

How do you know this??

Are you being serious? 

We we can only spend the income we have.  We only have one pot to share around.  All our budgets use the same source of funds, our income. If we decide to spend more on CCTV or women’s football that is less cash being made available for the first team.

tokyowalnut
8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Are you being serious? 

We we can only spend the income we have.  We only have one pot to share around.  All our budgets use the same source of funds, our income. If we decide to spend more on CCTV or women’s football that is less cash being made available for the first team.

Of course I'm being serious. Obviously, because you can't back up your arguement with facts you go on the defensive. 

Businesses don't run their expenditure out of one pot, I know this, i run a business. There are separate budgets for each area. It's far too simplistic to say it all goes from one pot. *Not all Football income is all generated to go onto first team players, surely you know that!!

*edit

Edited by tokyowalnut

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Probably as simple as the more you zoomed in the fuzzier it got and therefore it added some doubt as to the identitiy of the culprit

CCTV, can be really fuzzy. 

Zoom in too close to a groyp causing trouble, the "fuzzyness" is ridiculous. 

Shots of the fans throwing flares close up..... 

images (15).jpeg

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Are you being serious? 

4046427081_df47b12008_b.jpg

CCTV should capture our own support naturally but if is now high spec should be used as evidence to bill ugly sisters and lochend rats for damage when they visit and anyone else who does the same with a little extra which may cover costs

8 hours ago, Boghell51 said:

CCTV should capture our own support naturally but if is now high spec should be used as evidence to bill ugly sisters and lochend rats for damage when they visit and anyone else who does the same with a little extra which may cover costs

This has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread.

I am pretty sure that the OF pay for all damage at away grounds that they cause and I suspect that all clubs do the same.

It seems to be an unwritten rule and as such very rarely makes the papers/media.  Therefore the general public are unaware that, to a great extent, these acts of vandalism do not occur. 

4 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Where does this 100k cctv person play? 

Is he a winger or a striker? 

Midfield maestro. Covers every inch of the ground.

Bridge of Djoum
14 hours ago, McCrae said:

Last year our net profit was only £250k.  We don’t make a lot money as a club.

Yes we do. 

We invest a lot back in to the club. 

Bridge of Djoum
14 hours ago, McCrae said:

It's a thread on CCTV FFS. Many MANY threads in which to discuss midfielders. 

The ****** obsession with this is mind numbing.

Bridge of Djoum
14 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

I don’t agree. It’s very much one for the future and despite the hype its an amateur sport that has little curb appeal. 

The cctv is also an overspend. 

Yeah. Ann Budge is a 1st class businesswoman, holds a doctorate, has built and sold a massively successful company, won awards from the business community. And YOU tell HER that she's overspent?

Image result for hard laughing gif

Mods, we obviously need to change the thread title to, ''Hearts ''Overspend'' on new CCTV System''.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

1 hour ago, farin said:

This is the truth, clubs are quietly billed for damages & it’s paid for. Been this way for years tbh.. 

This seems to have been the norm , all I’d add is that this investment is not to stop atmosphere or curtail people’s enjoyment,

its to identify the very small number of home fans and a large percentage of OF and some Hibs  fans who behave unacceptably, whether it’s throwing objects abusing stewards and players or criminal damage .

unfortunately since we came up from the championship the stewarding and police presence has gone through the roof this has to be paid for on a weekly basis , if we can dissuade bad behaviour this will ultimately save us cash 

Identify and ban is the way forward having good quality photos to present to those clubs will help

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yeah. Ann Budge is a 1st class businesswoman, holds a doctorate, has built and sold a massively successful company, won awards from the business community. And YOU tell HER that she's overspent?

Mods, we obviously need to change the thread title to, ''Hearts ''Overspend'' on new CCTV System''.

I wouldn't know about the CCTV but it does look like we have overspent on the main stand to be fair.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I wouldn't know about the CCTV but it does look like we have overspent on the main stand to be fair.

I think that's all been debated and explained on the Main Stand thread.

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It's a thread on CCTV FFS. Many MANY threads in which to discuss midfielders. 

The ****** obsession with this is mind numbing.

That includes is it a smart thing and or is the timing right to spend our cash. 

6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

That includes is it a smart thing and or is the timing right to spend our cash. 

I think we can use the CCTV to keep an eye on the overspending.

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You are being infantile.

AB has stated publicly that the costs of the new stand are higher than we had budgeted and at the AGM the investment in women’s football was not made for commercial reasons.

We should remain grateful for everything AB has done for the club, but she has made mistakes and does get things wrong from time to time.

You just don’t seem to get it.

The money wasted on CCTV and women’s football could be spent of the 1st team. £250,000 would make a big difference to the squad. It could go along way to helping attract a pretty decent player.