Hearts spend £100K on CCTV during close season

7628mm

Hearts have spent £100,000 installing CCTV in Tynecastle during the close season.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-owner-ann-budge-outlines-reasons-for-100k-spend-on-cctv-1-4960337?fbclid=IwAR3W26Qv0KkVe9OCigIR3fk_sL5qMBZuZylB77npjKfZLzfcFa7fQzvYWwo

Money well spent or would it have been spent better on the playing side?

Some other things from the article could also be up for an adult debate on here but we will see what happens.

Fill your boots kids

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• McCrae

• davemclaren

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hearts 4 the cup

Can’t help but think it’s a waste of money. I get the club might have to spend more in the long run on fines etc but surely £100k could’ve been better spent?

i wish jj was my dad

That could have been spent on a decent left back or winger. These pricks must be really proud. 

rick witter
7 minutes ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

Can’t help but think it’s a waste of money. I get the club might have to spend more in the long run on fines etc but surely £100k could’ve been better spent?

Of course it could have but then they wouldn’t have the high and mighty Newspaper headlines. 

Its all a bit pathetic. 

Just spend the money and put the CCTV in but there is absolutely no need to broadcast it to the world. 

jambopilms

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ look at me post

Surely there is a playing budget and a stadium infrastructure budget. So this money is more likely to affect the new stand getting finished, the big screens going up or the corners getting filled in.

Edited by jambopilms

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Hearts have spent £100,000 installing CCTV in Tynecastle during the close season.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-owner-ann-budge-outlines-reasons-for-100k-spend-on-cctv-1-4960337?fbclid=IwAR3W26Qv0KkVe9OCigIR3fk_sL5qMBZuZylB77npjKfZLzfcFa7fQzvYWwo

Some other things from the article could also be up for an adult debate on here but we will see what happens.

Fill your boots kids

Coulda got another couple of Craig Wighton’s!

NaturalOrder74

Brilliant, spend a massive chunk of our budget on cameras to catch one or two ******s a season while other clubs refuse to spend half of that to even get a grass pitch

heartmussel
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hibs meant to be spending this sort of money too. 

Correct?

TBF a state of the art CCTV system was meant to be done during build of the stand but got pulled at the last minute!

Are they putting it in the toilet cubicles too?

Can catch whoever jobbies at the football. It’s just not the done thing. A no-no.  

Should be strung up. 

Edited by Debut 4

Jambof3tornado

People were warned.

They ignored the warnings.

Yes it could and should have been spent elsewhere but that isnt down to our chairwoman, its down to the fukwits in our support who go to matches to cause bother.

I hope it makes an impact.

Our travelling fans need to do more at away games too, some things seem to be more easily accepted on the road.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Brilliant, spend a massive chunk of our budget on cameras to catch one or two ******s a season while other clubs refuse to spend half of that to even get a grass pitch

Massive chunk?? 

jambopilms

Spent the required amount of money to have the required amount of CCTV. Who gives a shit.

Does any other support moan about this or if the tyles on the roof Inside the new tunnel are pleasing on the eye or not. Some need to have a rest.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Of course it could have but then they wouldn’t have the high and mighty Newspaper headlines. 

Its all a bit pathetic. 

Just spend the money and put the CCTV in but there is absolutely no need to broadcast it to the world. 

Publicising it might act as a deterrent. The aim of CCTV is to prevent crime not record it 

Bull's-eye

Excellent stuff.

Hopefully get some "eyes" in the toilets at Half time to root out the smokers and Buckie drinkers as well.

Get rid of the scum is obviously high on the agenda. 

Good news.

23 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Its all a bit pathetic. 

Or maybe they thought it was worth broadcasting the amount so that we supporters understand how much money the idiots are costing us and therefore might feel less inclined to tolerate their behaviour.

WheatfieldWarrior
31 minutes ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

The worst elements need to be rooted out and deterred - it needs to be somewhere that you would be comfortable bringing your kids without all that rubbish going on.  It is definitely a deterrent for those with young children.

Those young children are the future as they say. 

WheatfieldWarrior
5 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Excellent stuff.

Hopefully get some "eyes" in the toilets at Half time to root out the smokers and Buckie drinkers as well.

Get rid of the scum is obviously high on the agenda. 

Good news.

Those are the worst tbh -  up and doon every 5 minutes for them and their tiny bladders - the Scottish Cup semi-final was the worst game for that in my memory (though at Hampden obviously)

This is no surprise announcement and shouldn’t come as any surprise to anyone, detractors or not.

AB announced that this was going to be done months ago. Even the amount was public knowledge at the time.

No news here !

scott herbertson
29 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Its all a bit pathetic. 

Why not - it's an improvement and announcing it will hopefully make people think twice before doing something illegal that will cost the club more money

The Gorgie

Great stuff. The OF away allocation should be cut to nothing in no time after it weeds out their bellends. 

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Great stuff. The OF away allocation should be cut to nothing in no time after it weeds out their bellends. 

Ouch !

You scamp, Stig !

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Cutting bellends. I get that in some cultures it's a thing but a bit severe for the fitba', no?

Alex Kintner
29 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

People were warned.

They ignored the warnings.

Yes it could and should have been spent elsewhere but that isnt down to our chairwoman, its down to the fukwits in our support who go to matches to cause bother.

I hope it makes an impact.

Our travelling fans need to do more at away games too, some things seem to be more easily accepted on the road.

:spoton:

Any anger should be directed at the ****wits who possess more items of Burberry clothing than brain cells

The Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Cutting bellends. I get that in some cultures it's a thing but a bit severe for the fitba', no?

For them lot, thats me being kind. Cheese grater weapon of choice.

58 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Fill your boots kids

Excellent news - I look forward to massive prosecutions of Celtic and Rangers fans caught singing their vile bigotry on cctv!!

Edited by Thomaso

Back to 2005

What a joke. Not like we are Millwall is it. A couple of coins and a few iffy songs and we chuck away 100k...

Are we really that bad a support ?

I dont think so.

What it may do is make folk think and we may reduce policing costs.

Hope it's used to identify away supports bigotry.

Couple of thousand in Edinburgh sheriff court would be funny .

The main question is:  

Does it record the corners?

meanwhile-inside-the-box-schrodingers-ca

Edited by Lovecraft

16 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Wishful thinking.  

We’ll turn a blind eye for the old firm scum rouble. 

rick witter
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Excellent news - I look forward to massive prosecutions of Celtic and Rangers fans caught singing their vile bigotry on cctv!!

You will be looking for a while mate. You could have had hundreds of them lifted last year without a £100 grand cctv system but no they get to do what they like. 

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Just been robbed of 100k 

You really shouldn’t be carrying that amount of money around with you.

Actually it could turn out to be money well spent although if people would simply behave it would not be necessary.

If an incident occurs and is serious enough, the GFA may ask/tell us to close a section of the ground.  That could result in loss of income although exactly how much would be difficult to work out.  The immediate loss would only apply to paying customers as ST money is paid up front.

What is certain is that we should not be fined for doing nothing.

Just so everyone remembers.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-48855542

Sadly, modern times need CCTV.  Blame the arsehole fans.  

Do you blame a shop for putting in CCTV because their shit keeps getting nicked?

Also, the club pays insurance remember.   

If some arsehole chucks a flare into the stands that starts a fire causing X amount of damage, do you think they will pay out?

Edited by Lovecraft

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Just been robbed of 100k 

Get round the polis station. They may have CCTV recording of it.

56 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Are they putting it in the toilet cubicles too?

Can catch whoever jobbies at the football. It’s just not the done thing. A no-no.  

Should be strung up. 

You know I’ve always wondered who does this. I’ve been going to football games for 40 years and never had a Tom Kite at the game.

Seen a lot tho

I think some people have to just accept that times have changed, and societal ideas about what is deemed acceptable or not has changed again. Whether people agree with that change or not is inconsequential. Just have to accept it and move on. It’s not a battle that you will win.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

Hopefully we have some cameras trained on the away end (and the away dugout).

Knowing Granny B  they will all be focused on N and G 

Jambos_1874

Bottom line is that we, like many other supports, have a minority (and it is a small minority, unlike the OF where it is a large minority) of absolute scum in our support. People can complain about the atmosphere being sanitised, a nanny state etc but because of these idiots we have to "waste" money on CCTV.

chester copperpot

This thread just shows you that no matter the subject, Hearts fans will ****ing moan about absolutely anything.

Some right weirdo's in our support

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think some people have to just accept that times have changed, and societal ideas about what is deemed acceptable or not has changed again. Whether people agree with that change or not is inconsequential. Just have to accept it and move on. It’s not a battle that you will win.

I think most people accept change.

I will make a, pretty sure, prediction though. There will be threads...maybe even this one...after an OF visit to Tynecastle, with many posts questioning the validity of this system, when it appears, appears mind, that the rules are not being enforced across the board.

To put my cynical hat on....if this results in a big increase in Roseburn bad behaviour being prosecuted at Cat A games...i’ll eat my hat !