***Official Shelbourne v Hearts match thread***

Finlay James

been here before
54 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

A bit like the two Irish homosexuals. William Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzwilliam. 

Who are friends with Pat O'Cake, the Irish baker.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cruyff Turn

• Mr Elwood P

• Inch Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, cocobeab said:

And for the record Halkett, Walker, Uche, Cochrane, White and Souttar stood on the terracing all night 

Wage feefs, Cannae even be arsed playing. Whit's luveen dain aboot it?

1 hour ago, cocobeab said:

And for the record Halkett, Walker, Uche, Cochrane, White and Souttar stood on the terracing all night 

Presume that means they are all involved in the next one.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Excellent team bonding. That's an even better indicator for next season than the result! Walker's mere presence has us scoring more goals already.

?????❤❤❤❤

31 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Sounds like Conor Smith bossed it. 2 assists and a goal off the bench? 

Well done to the young lad just signed a new deal so he will be buzzing.

Pans Jambo

Way better. Winning is all that counts. 

Gtf U “its just to get the lads sharp”

brigade. 

See how happy all the post are on here. Lads will be feeling the same. A defeat in pre-seaon is shite.  7 Zip win will have the lads bouncing!

love it!

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not sure about White, but Walker, Washington, Halkett and Uche all expected to be involved according to CL in post match comments.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

I wouldn't say deprived. A tin of pedigree chum for dinner now & again, maybe. 

Pretty much the same as you're eating, Doug. But with more veg in it.

Yummy.

19 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

CL confirms on report on HMFC Website.......apologies for no link

Enjoy the cricket on Wednesday, despite the time it is on in NZ!!

EDIT. Refer Mikey's post above, he's obviously more IT guru than me :o(

Edited by 2205ian

31 minutes ago, been here before said:

Who are friends with Pat O'Cake, the Irish baker.

Nobody mentioned Pat McGroyne yet?

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Basque, or Basque...?

I know whose jaws of victory I'd rather be in...

20190701_214520.jpg

Screenshot_20190701-214505_Chrome.jpg

:vrwow:

I’d wear her like an Oxygen mask. ???

gashauskis9
46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They really are worth nothing these games. 

Its lunacy either way. 

In fact I am so wary after last season's multiple orgasmic opening moments,  Santa will be long since gone before my jizz hits the roof. 

And for the bores 

Shighton patter is a bit of fun eh. Everyone would love him to be Righton

If you read this post doing a Sir David Attenborough impression it really is quite joyous.

Rabbie_Burns
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Are you alone Rabbie or are you surrounded by thousands of delirious Jambos?

How are we looking?  2-0 now.

About 60ish mad basses here ??

Jim Panzee
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Eh pethetheth, eh pethetheth, Hearts, eh pethetheth, Chris Waddle!

V good

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What a difference nine months makes, eh Richard? ?

You've got it wrong!   

Its rick as in making a rick.

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

You've got it wrong!   

Its rick as in making a rick.

Ah, I see. I think... ? ?

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Way better. Winning is all that counts. 

Gtf U “its just to get the lads sharp”

brigade. 

See how happy all the post are on here. Lads will be feeling the same. A defeat in pre-seaon is shite.  7 Zip win will have the lads bouncing!

love it!

I think the preponderance of "happy" posts is largely a case of blessed subtraction.

jamboinglasgow

as they say, its a friendly so you cant read much into it, but good to see what is mainly the second choice XI for Hearts (arguably Berra, Mulraney and Clare being first choice players) looking like they are working well together. Still crazy that Zlamel, M.Smith, Halkett, Souttar, White, Haring, Cochrane, Naismith, Walker, Ikpeazu and Washington did not play and that would be a very strong first team.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

as they say, its a friendly so you cant read much into it, but good to see what is mainly the second choice XI for Hearts (arguably Berra, Mulraney and Clare being first choice players) looking like they are working well together. Still crazy that Zlamel, M.Smith, Halkett, Souttar, White, Haring, Cochrane, Naismith, Walker, Ikpeazu and Washington did not play and that would be a very strong first team.

You also have to consider the level of the opposition which is in the 2nd tier of the Irish leagues and who knows how strong a side they fielded.

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You also have to consider the level of the opposition which is in the 2nd tier of the Irish leagues and who knows how strong a side they fielded.

That's what I was taking into account.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Seemed like largely a second string Shelbourne team, got to bear in mind they are 2/3 of the way through their league season and currently top of the league, so I'd guess winning promotion would be more of a focus and they've probably used this friendly to have a look at some of the fringe players.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Bobby Madden the ref?

Playing in goals for them by the looks of it, that boy was shite.

Inch Hearts
30 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

All things considered it looks a fantastically strong squad going for top 3 next season.  Let’s hope the strength of the squad is taken into consideration instead in depending of depending on a couple of players to base the whole season on.  There should be a clear plan now to work as a team to achieve top three if Naismith isn’t up to it and there’s a couple of more injuries.  The squad is more than good enough to do so. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Rabbie_Burns
4 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Reciting poetry no doubt ???

La ferme mon pôte ??

Rabbie_Burns
4 hours ago, ramrod said:

You must have been with your 11/1  Shelbourne banker surely ? 

Either that or your an idiot , lol

?

Rabbie_Burns
4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Nah. Pumping dirty hookers more like.

Nah, Mrs RB with me here ??

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

All things considered it looks a fantastically strong squad going for top 3 next season.  Let’s hope the strength of the squad is taken into consideration instead in depending of depending on a couple of players to base the whole season on.  There should be a clear plan now to work as a team to achieve top three if Naismith isn’t up to it and there’s a couple of more injuries.  The squad is more than good enough to do so. 

The most encouraging aspect from my perspective is just how young the squad is. We must only have a handful of players over the age of 30 within the squad. It seems to me, a great mix of young academy prospects and relatively young signings from last season. In particular Clare, Mulraney and Uche are the perfect age to develop with us over the next season or two.

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, graygo said:

Playing in goals for them by the looks of it, that boy was shite.

That explains it! 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The most encouraging aspect from my perspective is just how young the squad is. We must only have a handful of players over the age of 30 within the squad. It seems to me, a great mix of young academy prospects and relatively young signings from last season. In particular Clare, Mulraney and Uche are the perfect age to develop with us over the next season or two.

Not to mention Shighton!

Joking aside, it would actually please me no end if Craig was to develop into a good player for us, given the stick he has endured from some quarters.

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Undoubtedly correct.  There’s so many banging at the door as well as others exciting as well as the experience, it’s a fantastic mix. 

Rabbie_Burns
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Can't complain about that I guess. Nice day out for those in attendance.

Thoroughly stonking day out indeed, sunshine, beers in the ground, meeting old friends and new, goal fest for Hearts and great hosts in the Shelbourne club bar ?

This is much better Hearts 

I want us pumping teams in friendlies as it can only breed confidence in players 

japanjambo
3 hours ago, cocobeab said:

Doyle nothing to do but made a mess of one clearance and has the bar to thank for saving his blushes. Brandon looks sharper and tidier than he did last year, Clevid is a wall they can’t pass tonight, Berra looking like Webster used to, Burns  tidy and efficient but less productive than Brandon on right. Clare dropping deeper and def looking more fit and interested than he did last year. Edwards industrious without an end product, Irving very very tidy and always looking good forward. Jake tried too hard early on but has kicked on since his goal. Wighton has impressed with his effort, touch and ability to link, McLean similarly but neither an obvious forward threat. Drinking pints at the game is superb, the new away kit looks better in the flesh and the big speccy arse hole in the rolled up tracky bottoms claiming he doesn’t care who scored cause he was too busy shouting at Levein is obviously lying. Levein is about two years away and I suspect he like everyone else here would have heard such a claim had it actually happened.

Only a meaningless friendly but with sun shining, cheap pint in hand and the Hearts up I am loving it. **** the detractors. Mon the Famous 

:2thumbsup:

Alex Kintner

Good to see Levein talking about Clare playing more central and it looked like it from these wee goal highlights. Has tremendous acceleration and would rather see it driving towards the box than down the flanks

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Good to see Levein talking about Clare playing more central and it looked like it from these wee goal highlights. Has tremendous acceleration and would rather see it driving towards the box than down the flanks

I think this is his best position but never really played there last season. He can do a job out wide or up top but I think breaking and running from deep carrying the ball, was supposed to be his strength. Maybe only suited playing centrally in a 3 though? Interesting and good options to have for the season ahead. 

Whitecapjambo

Really enjoyed the day out. At half time we had done nothing to deserve to be 2 nil up. One great pass from Wighton and a decent strike from Mulraney the keeper should have done better with. 

You could see us grow in confidence after the break and Shels tired and weakened their young team further. 

As a few others have said the biggest positive was the performance of some of the young lads. Thought Irving had a nice game and Connor Smith had some great touches and set up 2 (I think, Guinness was taking a firm grip of my senses at that stage). 

Good atmosphere in the bar throughout and Shels were great hosts. Bar man was a little disappointed there wasnt a bigger hearts turn out but I think the relatively late announcement, being a monday and not having another game on the trip till Saturday limited that. 

One observation was how little Levein directed players during the game. Think it must have been a case of go out and show me what you have for last years fringe players. 

Off to nurse this hangover. 

Thought Clare looked quality as a centre mid against Partick at Tynie. I know they aren't the highest standard of opposition but was impressed with the way that he spread the play around and linked up with the wide players short and long

14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Give it a break.

I agree, maybe the poster who made up that abortion of a nickname, will change his name to Pricktorian.

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, 5jambo1 said:

I think this is his best position but never really played there last season. He can do a job out wide or up top but I think breaking and running from deep carrying the ball, was supposed to be his strength. Maybe only suited playing centrally in a 3 though? Interesting and good options to have for the season ahead. 

Yeah agree he may be a bit leightweight for a two but he looked fantastic in there in one game (may have been beside Djoum and Haring)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Thought Clare looked quality as a centre mid against Partick at Tynie. I know they aren't the highest standard of opposition but was impressed with the way that he spread the play around and linked up with the wide players short and long

He stood out like a sore thumb on Saturday, playing that way. Expect him to kick on in a big way this time round

colinmaroon
8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Yeah agree he may be a bit leightweight for a two but he looked fantastic in there in one game (may have been beside Djoum and Haring)

I think this is one of the reasons (perhaps the main one) that Lee is leaving.  He contributed some lovely passes and a few goals but was largely anonymous a lot of the time.

While Clare may still lack the physicality, he has the potential to contribute a lot more than Lee.

Edited by colinmaroon

A nice confidence builder now keep it up Hearts. Work hard,  teamwork, getting to know your teammates, ect. there’s no better feeling than a win. We want to keep the feel good factor going.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I'm a results don't matter in pre-season friendly games

But after a couple of run outs for all players I expect the intensity and sharpness to go up

I agree that for a sportsman / footballer who should have an in-built competitive streak, however, that bossing a game, scoring goals or making great saves in pre-season games will provide confidence.

If I was a footballer I would use pre-season as my charge and chance to make sure I got in the team. That still doesn't mean that the results are that important

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Haringshairband
16 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

A bit like the two Irish homosexuals. William Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzwilliam. 

Dad, when did you start posting on kickback? :lol:

1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

Dad, when did you start posting on kickback? :lol:

I’m sorry son, I only did this when a good friend alerted me to your profile on Grindr. I was shocked to say the least and didn’t know you were in the closet. It’s ok to come out you know? 

Just to let you know, I’ve ordered you a rainbow ? hearts flag to show my solidarity for you. Stay proud kid... you’re not alone ?