Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

I say cut our losses and get shot.

no smoke without fire and I believe we won’t see him playing for us next season.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

You really have no idea what the players earned and you’re ur guessing for effect.

The Celtic players.....

Gamboa and Compper.

You could also chuck in Dorus De Vries if you want ?

Do you want anymore ?

Scott Allan comes into that category as well, barely kicked a ball over last few seasons for Celtic and punted on loan a couple of times.

I don't think he played first team football at all last season.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, His name is said:

To summarise, no one on here has a clue what's happening.

First sensible comment on this subject

Saw the big man up at Riccarton the week before the celtic league game. He looked like there wasn't an ounce of fat on him. Looked fit. I tried to encourage him by telling him to work hard and that we all want him to do well, and are behind him. Would really love to see him make an impact next season.

Auld Reekin'
2 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Saw the big man up at Riccarton the week before the celtic league game. He looked like there wasn't an ounce of fat on him. Looked fit. I tried to encourage him by telling him to work hard and that we all want him to do well, and are behind him. Would really love to see him make an impact next season.

Not sure you're doing this right: should you not have told him you reckon he's a shite, lazy, piss-head waster, we should never have signed him, and that he should feck back off on the next flight to Czechland?!?!?!?   :huh:

33 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

Scott Allan comes into that category as well, barely kicked a ball over last few seasons for Celtic and punted on loan a couple of times.

I don't think he played first team football at all last season.

Kouassi is another. Cost around £3m more than 2 years ago and has barely kicked a ball.

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Kouassi is another. Cost around £3m more than 2 years ago and has barely kicked a ball.

Was delighted when Rodgers started him against us last August.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I hope he blossons but I remember creaming myself over Godinho

:facepalm:

Godinho? :facepalm:

You certainly have an eye for a player :lol:

16 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Before any player is signed a club of Hearts standing must do a in-depth evaluation of the player. 

A players attitude, skill, fitness, work rate ect. must  be investigated to make sure the player will

be an asset to the squad. What has went wrong with Vanecek’s signing ? Was the player signed 

because of incompetence, bad judgement, laziness or just a matter of keeping fingers crossed. 

Anyway the player in question has so far cost us a signing on fee and wages and delivered 

nothing. How can Hearts get this signing so wrong.

They've been squandering money with bad signings since 2015. Their scouting must be looked at. Vanacek's nowhere near the first but hopefully, he will definitely be the last.

1 hour ago, japanjambo said:

Should have lobbed a Chinese takeaway at him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

1st rule of JKB.

Don't believe anything you read on JKB.

????

Agree but actually still believe he won't see past August with Hearts 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Agree but actually still believe he won't see past August with Hearts 

Haven't got a clue tbh.

The club being quiet about the situation is worrying, read an article today by Jack Wilshire saying he was ready to give up playing totally because of an illness to his kid. All kept hush hush as he was recovering from an injury, you just never know what's occurring behind the scenes. Impossible to stop speculation though with so many micro-managers on here 2nd guessing everything that goes on with Hearts. 

17 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

You don't say?

That's an insightful and original take on things.

A bit like your's then.

4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I honestly think we need to give this lad time to get up to speed. He is to blame for his position, but I don't think we can afford to let him go. IF he gets fit we don't need to worry about bringing 2 strikers, just the one (Shankland/MacGennis), more money for better midfielders/wingers.

I think this is all rumours as Levein has even said he needs a clean slate - and for that to change so quickly from saying that it either has to be lies or Vanacek has seriously seriously messed up somewhere

But he needs to get his head right, knuckle down and train like this is his last chance.

How long does it take this unfit professional football player to get fit. Another 6 months or never.

I do think he deserves a stint in the team, I would give him Betfred cup games to test out whether we have been duped or not.  He's had about 150 mins of football for Hearts.  If it was the other way around and I had just moved to Czech Republic, hung out to dry by my new boss because of a poor result and then banished to reserves for remainder of the season I would find motivation hard to come by too.  

16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts need to cut our losses here. I mean ffs the gaffer even picked Craig Wighton ahead of this guy for the final and **** me that says something. This guy is reminding me of the time we employed that waster Panilla 

So much for the background research done into our signings and their lifestyle, attitude etc.

3 hours ago, His name is said:

To summarise, no one on here has a clue what's happening.

For what it's worth, I hope the guy is working hard and is a success for us.

I know what’s happening.

He’ll either leave or he’ll stay.

??‍???‍???‍???‍?

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

How long does it take this unfit professional football player to get fit. Another 6 months or never.

So unfit he was fit enough to play 90 minutes in his first game when he arrived :laugh:

Just don’t believe the fitness thing for a minute, he was maybe a wee bit out of shape compared to what we were expecting but that doesn’t explain why he wasn’t even managing the bench most games for the rest of the season. 

I feel for him and think it’s very poor management of him but probably best to cut our losses now.  We can’t rely on him next season and we desperately need a second striker to either play with uche or give us a different option upfront.  

5 minutes ago, Morph said:

So unfit he was fit enough to play 90 minutes in his first game when he arrived :laugh:

Just don’t believe the fitness thing for a minute, he was maybe a wee bit out of shape compared to what we were expecting but that doesn’t explain why he wasn’t even managing the bench most games for the rest of the season. 

I feel for him and think it’s very poor management of him but probably best to cut our losses now.  We can’t rely on him next season and we desperately need a second striker to either play with uche or give us a different option upfront.  

indeed. I certainly didn't think he looked like a fatty in his first game. Zeefuik looked twice the size. I also didn't think DV was any more off the pace than any other team mates when he played. There must be something else happening behind the scenes that we don't know about - more likely he's not mentally ready or fit.

As Morph says, an uninjured, but unfit (aerobically) player could still manage a 15-20 min cameo off the bench and he's not been given that opportunity.

10 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I know what’s happening.

He’ll either leave or he’ll stay.

??‍???‍???‍???‍?

He’ll either stay and play or stay and not play more like.?

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Exactly right you could spend time looking at all other clubs recruitment over last few years and would find as many if not more players than Hearts playing very little first team minutes. 

But certain posters blether  ( sorry make assumptions) and quote as fact to suit their argument that gets trotted out on many of the threads on here.

Absolute Scenes
38 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We don't know its his physical fitness

One poster has already confirmed they've seen him training and he looks in top shape

It could be his mental fitness that's the issue - unless you think that's not a viable excuse?

4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

You really have no idea what the players earned and you’re ur guessing for effect.

The Celtic players.....

Gamboa and Compper.

Do you want anymore ?

Hahaha who are they FFS ???

Nobodies the equivalent of us signing Ross Callachan and robbie Muirhead ?????

Clutching at Straws now DH 

4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

The Celtic players.....

Gamboa and Compper.

Do you want anymore ?

Scott Allan

Izaguierre

4 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

I say cut our losses and get shot.

no smoke without fire and I believe we won’t see him playing for us next season.

Agreed - particularly if him hanging around stops us looking for or signing another better striker.

Dalstonjambo
12 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Sorry what? Apparently Malaury Martin is on amazing money because he once played for Middlesboro, and was a youth player at Monaco so he is a waste of wages. 

Yet a guy who celtic signed for over £1m, is on 5 figures a week, and has played for Borussia Munchengladbach, Hoffenheim, Fiorentina and RB Leipzig (note he played more games for Hoffenheim than Martin has in his whole career) is a nobody? Just because you haven't heard of them? Oh and by the way he got a cap for Germany.

Just because you don't know somebody or something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

All you've done there is show up how little you know and make your point look more stupid.

Every club makes mistakes. Give it up.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

you could look back over the last 20 odd years and there have always been duffers just happens unfortunately some players just fail to live up to their reputation Husref Musemic and Hans Eskillson spring to mind. I'll forgive Husref as he scored against the Hobbits at Tynie ;)

So did Musemic, we’ve had some ordinary players score against them.

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Agreed - particularly if him hanging around stops us looking for or signing another better striker.

Exactly, he’s had plenty time to get fit and our coaching staff have now had time to assess him.

if he was up to the job I’m sure he would have made the bench on our league run in.

his omission spoke volumes for me!!

Harry Potter

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

So did Musemic, we’ve had some ordinary players score against them.

TBF they never had very good teams.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

TBF they never had very good teams.

No need to ever be fair to them.

13 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Sorry what? Apparently Malaury Martin is on amazing money because he once played for Middlesboro, and was a youth player at Monaco so he is a waste of wages. 

Yet a guy who celtic signed for over £1m, is on 5 figures a week, and has played for Borussia Munchengladbach, Hoffenheim, Fiorentina and RB Leipzig (note he played more games for Hoffenheim than Martin has in his whole career) is a nobody? Just because you haven't heard of them? Oh and by the way he got a cap for Germany.

Just because you don't know somebody or something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

All you've done there is show up how little you know and make your point look more stupid.

Every club makes mistakes. Give it up.

To compare million pound players to ours is laughable,  Celtic pay 2/3 million and upwards for 1st team starters these 2 clowns quoted are back up. Martin, osh and sammon were supposed to be 1st team starters unlike the 2 nobodies quoted by DH plus Celtic are loaded unlike us and can afford to make dud signings unlike the rest of the league. I Knew he would quote Celtic players. Celtic are in a league of their own 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

No need to ever be fair to them.

:lol: true bud. that must be a 1st for me, losing my touch. 

27 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Oh dear.

1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

To compare million pound players to ours is laughable,  Celtic pay 2/3 million and upwards for 1st team starters these 2 clowns quoted are back up. Martin, osh and sammon were supposed to be 1st team starters unlike the 2 nobodies quoted by DH plus Celtic are loaded unlike us and can afford to make dud signings unlike the rest of the league. I Knew he would quote Celtic players. Celtic are in a league of their own 

You asked me for players......I delivered.

Dalstonjambo
7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Compper was signed to be a first teamer and solve their centre back problem. Was widely publicised at the time. Talk of all his experience being exactly what they needed. They are only nobodies to uninformed people like you. 

Celtic signing someone for £1m plus is different to us signing someone on a free how? If the player was signed to be a first team player and turns out to be rubbish it's a waste of resource. Which was your argument was it not?

Also - you used people's past clubs as an example of why they should be good.

Martin - Boro, Monaco - you used this to imply he should be great for hearts on paper so will be paid loads according to you  - WASTE OF MONEY LEVEIN OOOOT
Compper - Borussia Munchengladbach, Hoffenheim, Fiorentina and RB Leipzig (and a German cap) - would be good for celtic on paper and actually paid loads. ROundly mocked by all as a terrible signing. You - HE'S A NOBODY, IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HIM.

Basically if your argument is disproved you claim it's not a fair comparison. When in reality your point has continually been proven to be nonsense.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

:lol: true bud. that must be a 1st for me, losing my touch. 

It’s the close season, it’s almost acceptable ?.

He’s had since January to get himself up to speed, so if he doesn’t make the squad for the start of the new season, the management should be called out on this one. Thought we’d learned after Osh.

Knew the leaving thing was pish. 

20 goals next season in a Hearts shirt. 

Wait n’ see...

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Vanecek isn't leaving. He is in good shape. 

That's good, hopefully he takes his chance pre-season

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Vanecek isn't leaving. He is in good shape. 

Rumour maybe came from the same person who’s circulating rumours about Sean Clare’s wages. Either that or Sean maybe said he’d give him a percentage of his ten billion a year, if he stayed?

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Rumour maybe came from the same person who’s circulating rumours about Sean Clare’s wages. Either that or Sean maybe said he’d give him a percentage of his ten billion a year, if he stayed?

Sean Clare is on moderate wages, not over or even close to our wage cap. Who ever 'leaked' that was leaking sh!te from their rear end aswell. We did not give a player with major injuries a big money contract. Malaury Martin & Aidy White arent/weren't on bumper deals either.

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Sean Clare is on moderate wages, not over or even close to our wage cap. Who ever 'leaked' that was leaking sh!te from their rear end aswell. We did not give a player with major injuries a big money contract. Malaury Martin & Aidy White arent/weren't on bumper deals either.

Far more inclined to believe what you have posted here.

8 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I feel terrible for you mate!

All that time standing at the airport giving him that warm welcome, and he's just not up to it

Well done for this though

I feel even worse for driving back from pittodrie for the Friday night fixture. Clocked speeding, charged with dangerous driving. 6 points and a substantial fine. Even more gutted than DV’s non appearance. I’m now teetering on a ban. That’s the last time I drive up there for a meaningless fixture ?

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I feel even worse for driving back from pittodrie for the Friday night fixture. Clocked speeding, charged with dangerous driving. 6 points and a substantial fine. Even more gutted than DV’s non appearance. I’m now teetering on a ban. That’s the last time I drive up there for a meaningless fixture ?

aw that is a killer mate, sorry to hear that

well done for making the trip though