Jump to content
MaskedMarauder

Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

Recommended Posts

Absolute Scenes

I honestly think we need to give this lad time to get up to speed. He is to blame for his position, but I don't think we can afford to let him go. IF he gets fit we don't need to worry about bringing 2 strikers, just the one (Shankland/MacGennis), more money for better midfielders/wingers.

 

I think this is all rumours as Levein has even said he needs a clean slate - and for that to change so quickly from saying that it either has to be lies or Vanacek has seriously seriously messed up somewhere

 

But he needs to get his head right, knuckle down and train like this is his last chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tian447

I thought that it was reported on here that Vanecek had really been putting the effort in, doing a lot of extra fitness work over the past few weeks and recent months?

 

Suddenly he's been doing **** all, and is getting punted?  I don't believe it for a second, and if it turns out to be true, there must be something serious going on in his life for him to throw away his career like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimosavi
25 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

 

You’re just making an assumption.

 

Osh arrived from Israel....the average wage in their top division is less than half of the Scottish Premiership.

 

Martin came from Norway who’s average footballers wage is also considerably less than Scotland.

 

Sammon may well have come from England where cash is aplenty.....but just because his deal with Derby was probably hugely lucrative it doesn’t mean we broke the bank to get him.

 

Our overall deal may well have suited him better ie Length of contract and location etc etc etc.

 

Anyway.....

 

Celtic signed two players for over a million pound each and they’ve played less than 20 games combined in 3 seasons.

 

It happens at clubs with far more extensive Scouting networks than we will ever be able to fund.

Yes i am 

 

Oshaniwa was just back from a world cup 

 

Martin had Monaco and Boro as previous clubs 

 

And Sammon was on big money down south compared to what we can offer 

 

They'd have been on the high earners list for sure and a hefty sign on too 

 

Who are these Celtic players? That have played 3 seasons and only racked up only 20 games? 

 

Names please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DH1986
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Yes i am 

 

Oshaniwa was just back from a world cup 

 

Martin had Monaco and Boro as previous clubs 

 

And Sammon was on big money down south compared to what we can offer 

 

They'd have been on the high earners list for sure and a hefty sign on too 

 

Who are these Celtic players? That have played 3 seasons and only racked up only 20 games? 

 

Names please 

 

You really have no idea what the players earned and you’re ur guessing for effect.

 

 

The Celtic players.....

 

Gamboa and Compper.

 

You could also chuck in Dorus De Vries if you want ?

 

Do you want anymore ?

Edited by DH1986

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88
3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

 

heard anything further on the Leeds boy we want, Jay-Roy Grot?

Nah I haven’t spoken to the guy that told me about it since last week; so no idea if anything has progressed or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
23 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Nah I haven’t spoken to the guy that told me about it since last week; so no idea if anything has progressed or not. 

 

thanks for sharing mate

He seems like just what we need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
His name is

To summarise, no one on here has a clue what's happening.

 

For what it's worth, I hope the guy is working hard and is a success for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo

I say cut our losses and get shot.

no smoke without fire and I believe we won’t see him playing for us next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Castle Rock

Surely he will get until the transfer window closes to prove himself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart G
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

 

You really have no idea what the players earned and you’re ur guessing for effect.

 

 

The Celtic players.....

 

Gamboa and Compper.

 

You could also chuck in Dorus De Vries if you want ?

 

Do you want anymore ?

Scott Allan comes into that category as well, barely kicked a ball over last few seasons for Celtic and punted on loan a couple of times.

I don't think he played first team football at all last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
1 hour ago, His name is said:

To summarise, no one on here has a clue what's happening.

 

 

First sensible comment on this subject

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
japanjambo

Saw the big man up at Riccarton the week before the celtic league game. He looked like there wasn't an ounce of fat on him. Looked fit. I tried to encourage him by telling him to work hard and that we all want him to do well, and are behind him. Would really love to see him make an impact next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auld Reekin'
2 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Saw the big man up at Riccarton the week before the celtic league game. He looked like there wasn't an ounce of fat on him. Looked fit. I tried to encourage him by telling him to work hard and that we all want him to do well, and are behind him. Would really love to see him make an impact next season.

 

Not sure you're doing this right: should you not have told him you reckon he's a shite, lazy, piss-head waster, we should never have signed him, and that he should feck back off on the next flight to Czechland?!?!?!?   :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DH1986
33 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

Scott Allan comes into that category as well, barely kicked a ball over last few seasons for Celtic and punted on loan a couple of times.

I don't think he played first team football at all last season.

 

Kouassi is another. Cost around £3m more than 2 years ago and has barely kicked a ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

 

Kouassi is another. Cost around £3m more than 2 years ago and has barely kicked a ball.

 

Was delighted when Rodgers started him against us last August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gavsy Van Gaverson
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

I hope he blossons but I remember creaming myself over Godinho

 

:facepalm:

 

 

 

Godinho? :facepalm:

 

You certainly have an eye for a player :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambonian
16 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Before any player is signed a club of Hearts standing must do a in-depth evaluation of the player. 

A players attitude, skill, fitness, work rate ect. must  be investigated to make sure the player will

be an asset to the squad. What has went wrong with Vanecek’s signing ? Was the player signed 

because of incompetence, bad judgement, laziness or just a matter of keeping fingers crossed. 

Anyway the player in question has so far cost us a signing on fee and wages and delivered 

nothing. How can Hearts get this signing so wrong.

 

They've been squandering money with bad signings since 2015. Their scouting must be looked at. Vanacek's nowhere near the first but hopefully, he will definitely be the last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah O
1 hour ago, japanjambo said:

Saw the big man up at Riccarton the week before the celtic league game. He looked like there wasn't an ounce of fat on him. Looked fit. I tried to encourage him by telling him to work hard and that we all want him to do well, and are behind him. Would really love to see him make an impact next season.

Should have lobbed a Chinese takeaway at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artful Dodger

1st rule of JKB.

 

Don't believe anything you read on JKB.

 

????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
16 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

1st rule of JKB.

 

Don't believe anything you read on JKB.

 

????

Agree but actually still believe he won't see past August with Hearts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artful Dodger
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Agree but actually still believe he won't see past August with Hearts 

 

Haven't got a clue tbh.

 

The club being quiet about the situation is worrying, read an article today by Jack Wilshire saying he was ready to give up playing totally because of an illness to his kid. All kept hush hush as he was recovering from an injury, you just never know what's occurring behind the scenes. Impossible to stop speculation though with so many micro-managers on here 2nd guessing everything that goes on with Hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
17 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

 

 

You don't say?

 

That's an insightful and original take on things.

 

 

 

A bit like your's then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41
4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I honestly think we need to give this lad time to get up to speed. He is to blame for his position, but I don't think we can afford to let him go. IF he gets fit we don't need to worry about bringing 2 strikers, just the one (Shankland/MacGennis), more money for better midfielders/wingers.

 

I think this is all rumours as Levein has even said he needs a clean slate - and for that to change so quickly from saying that it either has to be lies or Vanacek has seriously seriously messed up somewhere

 

But he needs to get his head right, knuckle down and train like this is his last chance.

How long does it take this unfit professional football player to get fit. Another 6 months or never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo92

I do think he deserves a stint in the team, I would give him Betfred cup games to test out whether we have been duped or not.  He's had about 150 mins of football for Hearts.  If it was the other way around and I had just moved to Czech Republic, hung out to dry by my new boss because of a poor result and then banished to reserves for remainder of the season I would find motivation hard to come by too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts need to cut our losses here. I mean ffs the gaffer even picked Craig Wighton ahead of this guy for the final and **** me that says something. This guy is reminding me of the time we employed that waster Panilla 

 

So much for the background research done into our signings and their lifestyle, attitude etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
3 hours ago, His name is said:

To summarise, no one on here has a clue what's happening.

 

For what it's worth, I hope the guy is working hard and is a success for us.

 

I know what’s happening.

 

He’ll either leave or he’ll stay.

 

??‍???‍???‍???‍?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morph
8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

How long does it take this unfit professional football player to get fit. Another 6 months or never.

So unfit he was fit enough to play 90 minutes in his first game when he arrived :laugh:

 

Just don’t believe the fitness thing for a minute, he was maybe a wee bit out of shape compared to what we were expecting but that doesn’t explain why he wasn’t even managing the bench most games for the rest of the season. 

 

I feel for him and think it’s very poor management of him but probably best to cut our losses now.  We can’t rely on him next season and we desperately need a second striker to either play with uche or give us a different option upfront.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim Panzee
5 minutes ago, Morph said:

So unfit he was fit enough to play 90 minutes in his first game when he arrived :laugh:

 

Just don’t believe the fitness thing for a minute, he was maybe a wee bit out of shape compared to what we were expecting but that doesn’t explain why he wasn’t even managing the bench most games for the rest of the season. 

 

I feel for him and think it’s very poor management of him but probably best to cut our losses now.  We can’t rely on him next season and we desperately need a second striker to either play with uche or give us a different option upfront.  

 

indeed. I certainly didn't think he looked like a fatty in his first game. Zeefuik looked twice the size. I also didn't think DV was any more off the pace than any other team mates when he played. There must be something else happening behind the scenes that we don't know about - more likely he's not mentally ready or fit.

 

As Morph says, an uninjured, but unfit (aerobically) player could still manage a 15-20 min cameo off the bench and he's not been given that opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41
10 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

 

I know what’s happening.

 

He’ll either leave or he’ll stay.

 

??‍???‍???‍???‍?

He’ll either stay and play or stay and not play more like.?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevie1874
2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

 

Kouassi is another. Cost around £3m more than 2 years ago and has barely kicked a ball.

Exactly right you could spend time looking at all other clubs recruitment over last few years and would find as many if not more players than Hearts playing very little first team minutes. 

But certain posters blether  ( sorry make assumptions) and quote as fact to suit their argument that gets trotted out on many of the threads on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
38 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

How long does it take this unfit professional football player to get fit. Another 6 months or never.

 

We don't know its his physical fitness

One poster has already confirmed they've seen him training and he looks in top shape

It could be his mental fitness that's the issue - unless you think that's not a viable excuse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimosavi
4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

 

You really have no idea what the players earned and you’re ur guessing for effect.

 

 

The Celtic players.....

 

Gamboa and Compper.

 

You could also chuck in Dorus De Vries if you want ?

 

Do you want anymore ?

Hahaha who are they FFS ???

 

Nobodies the equivalent of us signing Ross Callachan and robbie Muirhead ?????

 

Clutching at Straws now DH 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jammy T
4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

 

You really have no idea what the players earned and you’re ur guessing for effect.

 

 

The Celtic players.....

 

Gamboa and Compper.

 

You could also chuck in Dorus De Vries if you want ?

 

Do you want anymore ?

Scott Allan

 

Izaguierre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jammy T
4 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

I say cut our losses and get shot.

no smoke without fire and I believe we won’t see him playing for us next season.

 

Agreed - particularly if him hanging around stops us looking for or signing another better striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
51 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

A bit like your's then.

 

 

And yours!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dalstonjambo
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Hahaha who are they FFS ???

 

Nobodies the equivalent of us signing Ross Callachan and robbie Muirhead ?????

 

Clutching at Straws now DH 

Sorry what? Apparently Malaury Martin is on amazing money because he once played for Middlesboro, and was a youth player at Monaco so he is a waste of wages. 

Yet a guy who celtic signed for over £1m, is on 5 figures a week, and has played for Borussia Munchengladbach, Hoffenheim, Fiorentina and RB Leipzig (note he played more games for Hoffenheim than Martin has in his whole career) is a nobody? Just because you haven't heard of them? Oh and by the way he got a cap for Germany.

Just because you don't know somebody or something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

All you've done there is show up how little you know and make your point look more stupid.

Every club makes mistakes. Give it up.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

you could look back over the last 20 odd years and there have always been duffers just happens unfortunately some players just fail to live up to their reputation Husref Musemic and Hans Eskillson spring to mind. I'll forgive Husref as he scored against the Hobbits at Tynie ;)

So did Musemic, we’ve had some ordinary players score against them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

 

Agreed - particularly if him hanging around stops us looking for or signing another better striker.

Exactly, he’s had plenty time to get fit and our coaching staff have now had time to assess him.

if he was up to the job I’m sure he would have made the bench on our league run in.

his omission spoke volumes for me!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boag1874
Posted (edited)

Wrong thread

Edited by boag1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter

 

 

 

 

 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

So did Musemic, we’ve had some ordinary players score against them.

TBF they never had very good teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
15 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

 

 

And yours!

 

 

 

:wave1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

 

 

 

 

 

TBF they never had very good teams.

No need to ever be fair to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimosavi
13 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Sorry what? Apparently Malaury Martin is on amazing money because he once played for Middlesboro, and was a youth player at Monaco so he is a waste of wages. 

Yet a guy who celtic signed for over £1m, is on 5 figures a week, and has played for Borussia Munchengladbach, Hoffenheim, Fiorentina and RB Leipzig (note he played more games for Hoffenheim than Martin has in his whole career) is a nobody? Just because you haven't heard of them? Oh and by the way he got a cap for Germany.

Just because you don't know somebody or something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

All you've done there is show up how little you know and make your point look more stupid.

Every club makes mistakes. Give it up.

To compare million pound players to ours is laughable,  Celtic pay 2/3 million and upwards for 1st team starters these 2 clowns quoted are back up. Martin, osh and sammon were supposed to be 1st team starters unlike the 2 nobodies quoted by DH plus Celtic are loaded unlike us and can afford to make dud signings unlike the rest of the league. I Knew he would quote Celtic players. Celtic are in a league of their own 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

No need to ever be fair to them.

:lol: true bud. that must be a 1st for me, losing my touch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DH1986
27 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Hahaha who are they FFS ???

 

Nobodies the equivalent of us signing Ross Callachan and robbie Muirhead ?????

 

Clutching at Straws now DH 

 

Oh dear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DH1986
1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

To compare million pound players to ours is laughable,  Celtic pay 2/3 million and upwards for 1st team starters these 2 clowns quoted are back up. Martin, osh and sammon were supposed to be 1st team starters unlike the 2 nobodies quoted by DH plus Celtic are loaded unlike us and can afford to make dud signings unlike the rest of the league. I Knew he would quote Celtic players. Celtic are in a league of their own 

 

You asked me for players......I delivered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dalstonjambo
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

To compare million pound players to ours is laughable,  Celtic pay 2/3 million and upwards for 1st team starters these 2 clowns quoted are back up. Martin, osh and sammon were supposed to be 1st team starters unlike the 2 nobodies quoted by DH plus Celtic are loaded unlike us and can afford to make dud signings unlike the rest of the league. I Knew he would quote Celtic players. Celtic are in a league of their own 

Compper was signed to be a first teamer and solve their centre back problem. Was widely publicised at the time. Talk of all his experience being exactly what they needed. They are only nobodies to uninformed people like you. 

Celtic signing someone for £1m plus is different to us signing someone on a free how? If the player was signed to be a first team player and turns out to be rubbish it's a waste of resource. Which was your argument was it not?

Also - you used people's past clubs as an example of why they should be good.

Martin - Boro, Monaco - you used this to imply he should be great for hearts on paper so will be paid loads according to you  - WASTE OF MONEY LEVEIN OOOOT
Compper - Borussia Munchengladbach, Hoffenheim, Fiorentina and RB Leipzig (and a German cap) - would be good for celtic on paper and actually paid loads. ROundly mocked by all as a terrible signing. You - HE'S A NOBODY, IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HIM.

Basically if your argument is disproved you claim it's not a fair comparison. When in reality your point has continually been proven to be nonsense.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

:lol: true bud. that must be a 1st for me, losing my touch. 

It’s the close season, it’s almost acceptable ?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sac

He’s had since January to get himself up to speed, so if he doesn’t make the squad for the start of the new season, the management should be called out on this one. Thought we’d learned after Osh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...