Can anyone help me make contact with under 11 teams who might come to Italy for a tournament?

Pinco pallino

Pinco pallino

I help out my son's football team each year when they organise an international tournament for under 11s. The tournament takes place over the first weekend in June (which I think is a bank holiday weekend for you guys) in Lugo, which is a small town in the North East of Italy. We have teams from various European countries (Hungary, Albania, Romania, France this year, in the past also Belgium) as well as Italy (Bologna, Sassuolo, Cesena, Ravenna, Pescara as well as some small local clubs), and since I'm from Edinburgh I would love to get a Scottish team to come next year. The teams have to make their own way here (Ryanair flies to Bologna), and then the kids and their coach/es sleep in a camping area inside the stadium complex and are provided with meals and snacks during their stay. Parents are welcome to come and cheer them on and can stay in one of the local hotels or b&bs.

It's a really nice event, all the teams who take part praise the organisation and the spirit of the event, and it's a brilliant experience for the kids.

If anyone has the means of putting me in contact with a team who might be interested I would really appreciate it!

Many thanks

davemclaren
On 04/06/2019 at 19:43, Pinco pallino said:

I help out my son's football team each year when they organise an international tournament for under 11s. The tournament takes place over the first weekend in June (which I think is a bank holiday weekend for you guys) in Lugo, which is a small town in the North East of Italy. We have teams from various European countries (Hungary, Albania, Romania, France this year, in the past also Belgium) as well as Italy (Bologna, Sassuolo, Cesena, Ravenna, Pescara as well as some small local clubs), and since I'm from Edinburgh I would love to get a Scottish team to come next year. The teams have to make their own way here (Ryanair flies to Bologna), and then the kids and their coach/es sleep in a camping area inside the stadium complex and are provided with meals and snacks during their stay. Parents are welcome to come and cheer them on and can stay in one of the local hotels or b&bs.

It's a really nice event, all the teams who take part praise the organisation and the spirit of the event, and it's a brilliant experience for the kids.

If anyone has the means of putting me in contact with a team who might be interested I would really appreciate it!

Many thanks

Reposting this. 

Good luck. Would be an awesome experience for a young team. 

Having been looking at Ryanair for bologna flights myself, I was 1000 cheaper flying from Manchester for four of us! 

Edited by Homme

Pinco pallino
22 hours ago, Homme said:

Good luck. Would be an awesome experience for a young team. 

Having been looking at Ryanair for bologna flights myself, I was 1000 cheaper flying from Manchester for four of us! 

If you book quite far in advance you can usually get a decent price, there aren't many flights each week so they fill up and the prices go up! Hope you have a great time in Bologna ☺️

1 hour ago, Pinco pallino said:

If you book quite far in advance you can usually get a decent price, there aren't many flights each week so they fill up and the prices go up! Hope you have a great time in Bologna ☺️

Bologna is the most cenrtal airport for us. We have a week in Tuscany and a week on the Venetian Coast. Can't wait.