Fifa Women's World Cup

Maroon Sailor

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

The ref ended it as she'd lost control. There were some tasty tackles going in and a lot of chatter. Can you imagine having 22 women nipping at you all at the same time? I'd blow my whistle too...

She shouldn't be in the job then. The injury time was basically never played then. Farcical. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

132goals1958

If VAR ever decides a penalty shoot out all penalty takers will just need to ensure they get it between the sticks to guarantee a retake. You could be there until midnight 

11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

But this is how FIFA are going to implement the rule in the men's game too. 

I could be wrong, but I believe the keeper isn't allowed to stand behind the line and move forward either!

It's not a surprise, but FIFA have seriously ****ed it with these rules.

13 minutes ago, kila said:

The lack of added time too, quite incredible

The penalty VAR claim began at 86:07

The penalty was finally scored after a retake on 93:18

Ref blows for full time on 95:10

This is the scandal, absolutely ridiculous from the referee. There should have been a minimum of 6 minutes left as she was adding on 4 before the var nonsense started.

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Screenshot_20190619-221047.png

You'd need to show the penalty taker too. Did the ref actually review this or just rely on the VAR team to tell her to get it retaken (same as last night)

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

She shouldn't be in the job then. The injury time was basically never played then. Farcical. 

True. It was debateble who had the worst performance between the referee and the Scottish No 2...

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You'd need to show the penalty taker too. Did the ref actually review this or just rely on the VAR team to tell her to get it retaken (same as last night)

That's at exactly the point the kicker hits the ball. I cropped it to make the image size small enough for kickback to let me post it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2019/06/19/scotland-vs-argentina-womens-world-cup-live-score-latest-updates/

It's at the 21.58 update

Edited by Taffin

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, jambokev said:

Why did they not use VAR in Japan game when Scotland could have had two pens and won the game then ?

Because FIFA need an Asian team to qualify and they would have been out if they had failed to beat us. Corruption through and through.

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

This is the scandal, absolutely ridiculous from the referee. There should have been a minimum of 6 minutes left as she was adding on 4 before the var nonsense started.

So that should have been 8 mins for the VAR time and then 4 she had already said should be added.

Edited by Lovecraft

gashauskis9
10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Incredible.  The only way this daft rule can be complied with is if the keeper starts in the ****ing net.  A keeper’s natural movement when saving a ball is to move towards it.  That’s why the keeper looked static when the retake was taken.  Makes it near on impossible to save penalties.  

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't think she is off the line. I think her left heel is still partly above the line in that photo.

Most goalies that save a pen have no part of their feet on the line and the save stands. 

Unless they are standing on the fecking six yard line. ?

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't think she is off the line. I think her left heel is still partly above the line in that photo.

She was in the air, off the line.

But very harsh.

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Incredible.  The only way this daft rule can be complied with is if the keeper starts in the ****ing net.  A keeper’s natural movement when saving a ball is to move towards it.  That’s why the keeper looked static when the retake was taken.  Makes it near on impossible to save penalties.  

Exactly every bloody penalty will need to be retaken. 

Goalies have to be given a bit of leeway. 

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Penalty shoot outs will take weeks with this shit.

If the goalie gets a yellow card for not being on the line what happens if they do it a second time? Is that meant to be a red?!! 

5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Correct. It’s impossible to drop straight down with momentum to try to save a penalty. It’s natural physics to move forward a bit. 

You could tell the fear of moving off the line again hindered the goalie for the re-take. 

She would have been sent off if she did it again.

Not to mention the fact in the lead up to the pen Scotland were making a sub at the free kick and the second the player stepped on the pitch the ref allowed the free kick to be taken? Not even letting the Scotland player get into position 

Just now, CostaJambo said:

If the goalie gets a yellow card for not being on the line what happens if they do it a second time? Is that meant to be a red?!! 

Surely it must be.

And imagine if its during a penalty shoot out.

Malinga the Swinga

Ref allowed Argentina to kick lumps out of Cuthbert in particular. The one early in second half when left back taken out miles late should have been a red card review but nope, move on, nothing to see here. 

No point in trying to improve women's game when they allow their women refs to **** everything up.

Please note this doesn't excuse the manager for getting her tactics so wrong in last 15 minutes. Hope Solo proved correct in her criticism.

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

inch_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2MfxYBFyJ_71J1uDN

The only VAR replay we saw showed keeper moving an inch off her line but we never saw the taker at the same time as provided by view here. Can anyone say with 100% confidence that this was the screen used by VAR team or do they just look at keeper coming off line and decide on retake. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Not sure if you meant to quote me or the guy that asked the question you’ve answered!

Anyway, what are goalies supposed to do with this new rule? Stand a yard behind the line so they can get some momentum going in a dive even though that means they’ll be further away from the ball making it harder  to save but helps them avoid a yellow card and a re-take?

Rethink required to make it practical. 

As has been said previously, keeper not allowed to stand behind line either, must be on line.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ref allowed Argentina to kick lumps out of Cuthbert in particular. The one early in second half when left back taken out miles late should have been a red card review but nope, move on, nothing to see here. 

No point in trying to improve women's game when they allow their women refs to **** everything up.

Please note this doesn't excuse the manager for getting her tactics so wrong in last 15 minutes. Hope Solo proved correct in her criticism.

I've actually been quite impressed with the referees in the few games I've watched but tonights was a total disgrace. She allowed the argies to boot our players up and down but penalised us for them throwing themselves to the ground. She looked an arrogant wee prick as well. In fact don't be surprised if the GFA are already trying to recruit her. 

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Not sure if you meant to quote me or the guy that asked the question you’ve answered!

Anyway, what are goalies supposed to do with this new rule? Stand a yard behind the line so they can get some momentum going in a dive even though that means they’ll be further away from the ball making it harder  to save but helps them avoid a yellow card and a re-take?

Rethink required to make it practical. 

I was replying to your point about her being scared to move the second time but yes it did answer the other question.

To answer your other point, the keepers are not allowed to stand behind the line either, mental.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The only VAR replay we saw showed keeper moving an inch off her line but we never saw the taker at the same time as provided by view here. Can anyone say with 100% confidence that this was the screen used by VAR team or do they just look at keeper coming off line and decide on retake. 

I saw it live and the replay I seen was from behind the goals. She did look like she off the line when it was taken.  Not by much though.

Edited by Lovecraft

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

She was in the air, off the line.

But very harsh.

Doesn't matter. As long as part of her foot is inline with the line then it's not an issue. It doesn't need to be physically touching it.

That referee has possibly knocked both Argentina and Scotland out of the competition with her haste to get the final whistle blown.

She's failed to take into account the fact that the penalty /VAR incidents took up the entire injury time.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I saw it live and the replay I seen was from behind the goals. She did look like she off the line when it was taken.  Not by much though.

But if you don't see taker, you cannot be 100% certain that she was off line when kick taken. The image from behind goal could be a split second after ball touched. 

VAR introduced way before it was ready.

Diadora Van Basten
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Doesn't matter. As long as part of her foot is inline with the line then it's not an issue. It doesn't need to be physically touching it.

Correct

• The goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot on/in line with the goal line when the kick is taken; cannot stand behind the line

alwaysthereinspirit

Hopefully that ref just reffed her last ever game. Clueless to what was going on around her. 

Ecce Romanov

Cruel blow. IMO some of the women are really excellent, but others (e.g. Smith) were poor

1 minute ago, Ecce Romanov said:

Cruel blow. IMO some of the women are really excellent, but others (e.g. Smith) were poor

Have to agree. Really shows that some players are full time and others aren’t IMO. Scotland unsurprisingly don’t seem to have same squad depth as England. Really gutted for them, especially since our best players are really very skilful 

5 minutes ago, Ecce Romanov said:

Cuthbert and Weir are wonderful players. Comparatively miles ahead of any men we have imo

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Correct

• The goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot on/in line with the goal line when the kick is taken; cannot stand behind the line

Perhaps it was retaken because she was standing behind the line to start with then, rather than moving forward from the goal line?

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Perhaps it was retaken because she was standing behind the line to start with then, rather than moving forward from the goal line?

It'll be whatever it needs to be until they get the result they want. That's the power of VAR really.

They control the camera angles and replays. Some decisions use angles that aren't the full story.

Robbo-Jambo
42 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Ridiculous but the answer would have to be yes!!! 

Robbo-Jambo
35 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

As has been said previously, keeper not allowed to stand behind line either, must be on line.

Wonder if they will allow them to breathe. 

Robbo-Jambo
14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The poor lassie didnt really stand a chance then really. Farce. 

Horatio Caine
52 minutes ago, Barack said:

Good job we're too cheap as a governing body in Scotland, to have this new fangled VAR thingy.

Be armageddon in the streets again with penalty reviews going against Rangers & Celtic. 

Lives have been saved, thankfully.

In all seriousness though, this VAR milarkey is only as good as the arseholes using it, as shown tonight.  I can see utter carnage in some games here.

Diadora Van Basten

If you watch the penalty save in the England v Argentina game the keeper is of her line but that wasn’t order to retake.

Jambof3tornado
30 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If you watch the penalty save in the England v Argentina game the keeper is of her line but that wasn’t order to retake.

Correct. Has to be the same standards across all games. No idea how a keeper can stay on the line at a penalty without some forward movement. Crazy. Massive advantage to the kick taker.

Farce of an ending the the Scottish womens campaign.

Left it too late with subs imo!

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

inch_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2MfxYBFyJ_71J1uDN

Can’t say for definite with that image, but looks damn close. I did however think one of her feet was above the line whilst watching the replays on the tv and therefore no retake imo.

4 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

Not to mention the fact in the lead up to the pen Scotland were making a sub at the free kick and the second the player stepped on the pitch the ref allowed the free kick to be taken? Not even letting the Scotland player get into position 

The referee blows the whistle to play on, just before she enters the field of play. She was then well out of position when they were putting it in the box.

Just seen the Penalty decision on the news. That's pathetic, you should just award a goal, because other than missing the target, goalkeepers have no chance now.