End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

doctor jambo
On 09/06/2019 at 00:12, Pasquale for King said:

I did and you said Souttar would start ??‍♂️.

We missed

Berra,

Souttar

Smith

Mitchell

Djoum

Ikpeazu

Haring

Naismith

All for significant spells- all would be starters in the first 11,  so 8/11 out for over a month, most over 2 months.

Someone needs to create a season timeline with injured players allocated a colour along the line.

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No I didn't. I might have said he should have. I said Souttar was a much more important player for Hearts (and it seems Scotland) than Devlin, and so we missed him more when injured, because you brought up Devlin as one of Aberdeen's injured players who is - in your mind only - a player on a par with Berra or Souttar.

He alongside McKenna was Aberdeen’s first choice CH, so yes they missed him as much as we missed Souttar or Berra. As for being on par with those as a player, I don’t think that at all. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He alongside McKenna was Aberdeen’s first choice CH, so yes they missed him as much as we missed Souttar or Berra. As for being on par with those as a player, I don’t think that at all. 

Just give up.

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is that the Celtic that bought someone for 1m and never played him? And who replaced their LB for the cup final with an international who cost 1m while we replaced ours with a 16 year old with one game under his belt? Good comparison.

Yes his name is Marvin Compper and he’s been injured a lot. Imagine signing players and not playing them much (Sammon/Oshiniwa/Edwards/Martin). Bad signings happen apparently, it’s not an exact science, you need to gamble etc etc.

As for Hayes he had a good game at LB but was still outshone by Hickey, the 8th player we had utilised in that position last season.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

We missed

Berra,

Souttar

Smith

Mitchell

Djoum

Ikpeazu

Haring

Naismith

All for significant spells- all would be starters in the first 11,  so 8/11 out for over a month, most over 2 months.

Thanks for that reply, not much to do with my post there though. All teams have injuries, it’s how they adapt to it is the question. 

Jeremy

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes his name is Marvin Compper and he’s been injured a lot. Imagine signing players and not playing them much (Sammon/Oshiniwa/Edwards/Martin). Bad signings happen apparently, it’s not an exact science, you need to gamble etc etc.

As for Hayes he had a good game at LB but was still outshone by Hickey, the 8th player we had utilised in that position last season.

Imagine signing JeremyToljan on a loan deal and not playing him.  Cristian Gambo?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Jeremy

Imagine signing JeremyToljan on a loan deal and not playing him.  Cristian Gambo?

He played twice against us, I’ve never seen anyone so scared as he was at Tynie a few months ago ?

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He played twice against us, I’ve never seen anyone so scared as he was at Tynie a few months ago ?

I'm not saying he did or didn't play at Tynie - that is totally irrelevant.

I am saying that your beloved Celtic also sign players who turn out to be a waste of money and even spend 7 figure sums in the process plus higher wages than us, no doubt.

Pasquale for King

I'm not saying he did or didn't play at Tynie - that is totally irrelevant.

I am saying that your beloved Celtic also sign players who turn out to be a waste of money and even spend 7 figure sums in the process plus higher wages than us, no doubt.

He played 8 times, you said he didn’t play? Which is it? Just give up, you’re having a bad day blah blah blah.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He played 8 times, you said he didn’t play? Which is it? Just give up, you’re having a bad day blah blah blah.

I said he was a waste of money.  I could not care less whether he played or not.

Grow up.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

You are all as bad as each other. Nobody is going to change anybody's mind.

Dunno, I'm in two minds. The argument for him to go is sound and logical. 

Hoof ball, blah, raar, loser, Clarke at Killie, we must do better, CL is a dinosaur, blah, slaver, fart, Clarke at Killie, injuries aren't an excuse, spit, slaver, I have ambition for Hearts, loser mentality, shit ma pants, Clarke at Killie. 

I'm in two minds. 

i wish jj was my dad
15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Dunno, I'm in two minds. The argument for him to go is sound and logical. 

Hoof ball, blah, raar, loser, Clarke at Killie, we must do better, CL is a dinosaur, blah, slaver, fart, Clarke at Killie, injuries aren't an excuse, spit, slaver, I have ambition for Hearts, loser mentality, shit ma pants, Clarke at Killie. 

I'm in two minds. 

You missed BOOTROOM.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

You missed BOOTROOM.

I summarised ?

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Some of us have changed our own minds though.  I was as frustrated as anyone and was in the Levein out camp.  Since then however I have seen how the players react to him when we score.  I have also seen how people like Colquhoun whom I greatly respect arebacking him to the hilt.

I believe he is desperate to see us succeed and will work relentlessly to that end.  I am encouraged by the signing of Halkett and the performance in the Cup Final gave me a real boost.

He is on notice though.  Any more of the dire performances we witnessed last season on a regular basis and he has to be out the door.

I believe he will know that himself.

I am sure at one point in the season we had to play our 4th and 5th choice CB’s compared to the running order at the start of the season with Berra, Souttar, Hughes all injured at once. We played Dunne and Dikamona.

All 3 right backs were injured at various times.

Both our original first choice left backs Mitchell and Garrucio were injured.

Haring played injured then was out injured.

Djoum started injured. Then our most played outfield player Lee was injured for the cup final.

We then had Naismith and Uche out at the same time whilst we had other injuries including Morrison carrying an injury then being injured.

Oh and our manager had a fecking heart attack.

I appreciate the agenda on here and I see the argument about doing better despite the injuries, but **** me if anyone has ever seen a season like that before and no-one can say that those injuries didn’t easily cost us at least 12 - 15 points then it’s pointless having a debate.

How is any manager in the world supposed to build consistency and momentum in those circumstances?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I am sure at one point in the season we had to play our 4th and 5th choice CB’s compared to the running order at the start of the season with Berra, Souttar, Hughes all injured at once. We played Dunne and Dikamona.

Djoum started injured. Then our most played outfield player Lee was injured for the cup final.

We then had Naismith and Uche out at the same time whilst we had other injuries including Morrison carrying an injury then being injured.

I appreciate the agenda on here and I see the argument about doing better despite the injuries, but **** me if anyone has ever seen a season like that before and no-one can say that those injuries didn’t easily cost us at least 12 - 15 points then it’s pointless having a debate.

How is any manager in the world supposed to build consistency and momentum in those circumstances?

100% this. 

It cost us 5th place 100%

And had we been closer, we'd have put in more effort the last 6 games or so as well as 3rd would have been up for grabs. 

I can feel a poll coming on.

How many points did injuries cost us this season

none

3-6

6-9

9-12

12 and above

Someone sort it ?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

??

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Hold my pint...

Bridge of Djoum
21 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You normally drink Campari?

Yes, pints of it.

Your round, shipmate. 

Bridge of Djoum

Last few posts it seems some reason and actual balanced argument, perhaps a little concession has broken out. 

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Correct

14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

"Souttar OR Berra". Isn't the point that both were out at the same time, unlike Aberdeen's (and every other team's) first choice CB pairing? Just like both our first choice forwards were out too, also unlike Aberdeen and every other team.

6 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Hold my pint...

:lol:

5 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Last few posts it seems some reason and actual balanced argument, perhaps a little concession has broken out. 

Agreed. 

We're all going around in circles and there really is no point. I'd prefer change but it's not in the pipeline, apparently, so backing Hearts, and therefore CL, is the way forward from here. 

ST's renewed.

Hopefully we all get what we want regardless of by whom and how: a cracking, successful season. 

sandylejambo
18 minutes ago, martoon said:

:lol:

Agreed. 

We're all going around in circles and there really is no point. I'd prefer change but it's not in the pipeline, apparently, so backing Hearts, and therefore CL, is the way forward from here. 

ST's renewed.

Hopefully we all get what we want regardless of by whom and how: a cracking, successful season. 

I don't believe he'll change his philosophy at this stage in his life, but I have renewed and will support my team again this season, despite CL. I am forever hopeful he will change his philosophy but I won't hold my breath. Surely he has been told by the board that his brand of football is unacceptable this coming season. Let's hope the money I've put in this year isn't spunked away on some other punt like Wighton or Clare. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I don't believe he'll change his philosophy at this stage in his life, but I have renewed and will support my team again this season, despite CL. I am forever hopeful he will change his philosophy but I won't hold my breath. Surely he has been told by the board that his brand of football is unacceptable this coming season. Let's hope the money I've put in this year isn't spunked away on some other punt like Wighton or Clare. 

If he was going then he’d have gone already. It’ll be more of the same next season

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If he was going then he’d have gone already. It’ll be more of the same next season

What a thought. 

46 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It won’t.

3 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

I doubt he'll change either. My hope is that he'll bring in better players who can carry out his tactics better. If he can get us to function like we did in the final on a regular basis we could do well.

Mostly ifs, buts and maybes, tbf, but we either go with it or quit and I don't believe the majority of regular attendees will do that. 

sandylejambo
41 minutes ago, martoon said:

I doubt he'll change either. My hope is that he'll bring in better players who can carry out his tactics better. If he can get us to function like we did in the final on a regular basis we could do well.

Mostly ifs, buts and maybes, tbf, but we either go with it or quit and I don't believe the majority of regular attendees will do that. 

I was seriously thinking of not renewing, but I get quality time with my son and two of my grandchildren, otherwise they could have shoved it, that's how dissatisfied with last season I was, let's hope for a complete change of strategy from CL.

2 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

I was seriously thinking of not renewing, but I get quality time with my son and two of my grandchildren, otherwise they could have shoved it, that's how dissatisfied with last season I was, let's hope for a complete change of strategy from CL.

Much the same myself, sandy. I go with my nephew. Brainwashing the young mind into supporting Hearts was fun, but a dawdle. Now it's a challenge and one I will not shirk. :lol:

6 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

Typo at 5th last word?

::troll::  

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

"Souttar OR Berra". Isn't the point that both were out at the same time, unlike Aberdeen's (and every other team's) first choice CB pairing? Just like both our first choice forwards were out too, also unlike Aberdeen and every other team.

Indeed but Jimmy Dunne was there, Berra and Souttar were both out at the same time for 40 days. Gary Mackay Steven and Niall McGinn we’re out for around the same time as Uche and Naismith.

We could go on and on, round and round as we have if you want. I thought Bridge of Djoum and Jammy T had brought about peace with their posts. Have the last word though, ’m moving on.

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed but Jimmy Dunne was there, Berra and Souttar were both out at the same time for 44 days. Gary Mackay Steven and Niall McGinn we’re out for around the same time as Uche and Naismith.

We could go on and on, round and round as we have if you want. I thought Bridge of Djoum and Jammy T had brought about peace with their posts. I’m moving on.

FWIW a Sheep fan was on here saying GMS had been DROPPED for McLennan.

We are not arguing who was out or who was in - that's your argument.

We are saying our KEY players were INJURED and thus not available for selection

BangkokHearts

Sod it. 

I'd welcome change but I will back Craig this year. 

Look at the glass half full, we looked a real threat at the start of the season until injuries and we almost pinched a cup.

HHGH.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed but Jimmy Dunne was there, Berra and Souttar were both out at the same time for 40 days. Gary Mackay Steven and Niall McGinn we’re out for around the same time as Uche and Naismith.

We could go on and on, round and round as we have if you want. I thought Bridge of Djoum and Jammy T had brought about peace with their posts. Have the last word though, ’m moving on.

It's tricky to bite your tongue when a supposed Hearts fan is spending so much time trying to play down our injuries last season and trying to make out any other club had even anywhere near our injury problems, just because you don't fancy Craig Levein as manager.

Edited by Guest

Pasquale for King

FWIW a Sheep fan was on here saying GMS had been DROPPED for McLennan.

We are not arguing who was out or who was in - that's your argument.

We are saying our KEY players were INJURED and thus not available for selection

Have I ever said that they weren’t out, I’ve questioned your timeline of events and said we should’ve coped better. Round and round and round and round we go ??.

38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Have I ever said that they weren’t out, I’ve questioned your timeline of events and said we should’ve coped better. Round and round and round and round we go ??.

Aye, and you jumping from Kilmarnock to Hibs to Celtic to Aberdeen in your desperation to do down the club.

Give it a rest.

Alex Kintner
23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Aye, and you jumping from Kilmarnock to Hibs to Celtic to Aberdeen in your desperation to do down the club.

Give it a rest.

Please stop responding. Leave him to wallow in his obsessive misery. There’s nothing new that hasn’t already been argued/debated to death.

Edited by To Be Frank

12 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

Told by who on the Board exactly?? The sad fact is Levein is a full company director and is answerable to nobody on the Board - apart from Budge and she thinks the sun shines oot his erse!!!!

Inch Hearts

Give it a rest.

To be fair, you’ve asked for examples from other clubs injury lists about 20,000 times in the past two months.   

Its done, last season is gone.  Everyone on whatever side thinks they are right.   Half the support think injuries stopped us and Levein is the man, half the support (on here at least) think that it’s an excuse and there was no other plan.  Going over it again and again doesn’t help.  People have a different option from you and it’s nothing to do with not liking the club or causing trouble as you try to spin time and time again.  It’s not a select few “Levein haters” that think it’s not good enough overall but half of the support.  

Edited by Inch Hearts

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Told by who on the Board exactly?? The sad fact is Levein is a full company director and is answerable to nobody on the Board - apart from Budge and she thinks the sun shines oot his erse!!!!

This probably about covers it.  It’s unhealthy but it’s the cards that have been dealt on the footballing side of things.  The way the youngsters that are being produced under his watch (he can’t get the negative without complimenting him on his work as dof) are a breath of fresh air though and I’m hoping perhaps he will have more trust in the young players to play a more controlled way than we currently have been as it doesn’t look at times he trusted the players to play anything but negatively.