End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Sid said:

Geoff

Think you are wanted on the Season Tickets sales thread. 

Why? I've happily admitted I was wrong. No biggie.

14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why? I've happily admitted I was wrong. No biggie.

Didn’t see your admission to being wrong. Does this mean that next season you won’t infect us with your negativity in this area as you do every season? 

That’s one non-biggie removed. Let’s now move on to the next piece of your extreme negativity. Maybe Levein?  

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, Sid said:

Didn’t see your admission to being wrong. Does this mean that next season you won’t infect us with your negativity in this area as you do every season? 

That’s one non-biggie removed. Let’s now move on to the next piece of your extreme negativity. Maybe Levein?  

Jesus wept. Go and quote where in past seasons I've been "negative" about season tickets? 

While you are at it, you can find my positive comments about Craig Levein last season and his ability to turn things round in a short space of time. I was wrong about that too.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I have accepted he will be here for at least one more season. Not my choice but I’m not calling the shots. 

Which is why we need to focus on what we can achieve and I have set my case as to why we should be aiming high. Personally I don’t think 4th is anywhere like ambitious enough. 

3rd should be our minimum, good run in the cups. I think Hibs, Aberdeen and Killie all for differing reasons will be weaker next term. If we can't take advantage of that it will have been another poor season.

I am confident, though.

Bridge of Djoum
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You would know about that right enough, the point was you geniuses said they didn’t have them. He also was talking about successful formations. Their resources played a part, did I say they didn’t. Probably shouldn’t have even looked at what you said, lesson learnt.

Except I didn't say that. You really need to stop making things up in a vain attempt to shore up an argument that is complete nonsense. 

Anything that CL does that is positive, any good thing, you attempt to rubbish. Any mitigation for a loss of form, you neglect. There is zero balance in your ''opinion''. None. 

The hilarious, but sad and tragic reality for you, is that no matter how many months you have repeated your line, no matter how many wasted hours bashing away on your mums computer, your efforts and tears and snotters have amounted to zero. 

Bridge of Djoum
11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

With 14 1st team players injured Celtic would probably have tried even more formations and they won the league.

4-4-5 would be a belting formation. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Update:

276068DF-E1C9-4871-898B-A81366CAA269.jpeg

He wants us to believe his name means Pasquale Bruno for king. In reality it's...

Image result for joe pasquale

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Except I didn't say that. You really need to stop making things up in a vain attempt to shore up an argument that is complete nonsense. 

Anything that CL does that is positive, any good thing, you attempt to rubbish. Any mitigation for a loss of form, you neglect. There is zero balance in your ''opinion''. None. 

The hilarious, but sad and tragic reality for you, is that no matter how many months you have repeated your line, no matter how many wasted hours bashing away on your mums computer, your efforts and tears and snotters have amounted to zero. 

About as much as any your replies then.

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

4-4-5 would be a belting formation. 

Oops 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

About as much as any your replies then.

Outstanding reply. 

:rofl:

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s 13 ??????, that’s 8-3 Fwank.

Keeper equals 14.

Oh dear. Your bad week continues.

I'll explain...

13 plus 1 equals 14.

That better, ''Fwank""?

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You show an ignorance with 14 players in a first XI.

Joke of the year!

Squads are made up of many players capable of playing in a first team, do we have a first 11, does anyone know it? 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Keeper equals 14.

Oh dear. Your bad week continues.

I'll explain...

13 plus 1 equals 14.

That better, ''Fwank""?

Oops ? 

Bridge of Djoum

Squads are made up of many players capable of playing in a first team, do we have a first 11, does anyone know it? 

Is that including the keeper?

Not sure there is such a thing as a ''first 11'' anymore. Fans can speculate and opine on a strongest 11, but many, if not all managers will tell you it's an outdated concept. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Is that including the keeper?

Not sure there is such a thing as a ''first 11'' anymore. Fans can speculate and opine on a strongest 11, but many, if not all managers will tell you it's an outdated concept. 

So a team can be missing 14 first team players then, including a goalie ?? Lennon said that on SSN before we played them last month, should’ve known better than to quote that *****.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You would know about that right enough, the point was you geniuses said they didn’t have them. He also was talking about successful formations. Their resources played a part, did I say they didn’t. Probably shouldn’t have even looked at what you said, lesson learnt.

I wasn't talking about successful or unsuccessful formations - you were re Celtic.

You pointed out Celtic had 2 players missing for 36days while we had 4.  That's twice as many and they have greater depth than us.

You don't half talk some pish in your quest to run down the club.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

So a team can be missing 14 first team players then, including a goalie ?? Lennon said that on SSN before we played them last month, should’ve known better than to quote that *****.

I'm not sure what you mean in the 1st sentence, sorry. Your 2nd sentence seems about right. 

''Missing'', ''rested'' 'unavailable'' ''Leigh Griffiths''. 

There are many reasons for 14 players not available, And I'd hazard a guess that out of that list, a few aren't starters, are youth players, maybe 3 keepers not available. It's all spin and bullshit. AND it comes from the mouth of Neil Lennon. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm not sure what you mean in the 1st sentence, sorry. Your 2nd sentence seems about right. 

''Missing'', ''rested'' 'unavailable'' ''Leigh Griffiths''. 

There are many reasons for 14 players not available, And I'd hazard a guess that out of that list, a few aren't starters, are youth players, maybe 3 keepers not available. It's all spin and bullshit. AND it comes from the mouth of Neil Lennon. 

Just meant that most of the squad can be classed as first team players nowadays so technically you can be missing 14 for the various reasons you stated. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I wasn't talking about successful or unsuccessful formations - you were re Celtic.

You pointed out Celtic had 2 players missing for 36days while we had 4.  That's twice as many and they have greater depth than us.

You don't half talk some pish in your quest to run down the club.

Celtic had more than two out in the 36 days we were missing our 4, the  point is other teams including those with similar budgets adapted better to it. That’s on Levein, not the club as a whole.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

time Just meant that most of the squad can be classed as first team players nowadays so technically you can be missing 14 for the various reasons you stated. 

Did they have their 4 key players missing at the same time with another influential player (eg Haring) playing through a hernia problem?

YES or NO?

Edited by JamboAl

Bridge of Djoum

Just meant that most of the squad can be classed as first team players nowadays so technically you can be missing 14 for the various reasons you stated. 

:thumbs_up:

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Celtic had more than two out in the 36 days we were missing our 4, the  point is other teams including those with similar budgets adapted better to it. That’s on Levein, not the club as a whole.

I think you have a point. 

While the loss of those 4 players, and the subsequent injuries after pretty much destroyed our rhythm and confidence, I too feel we could/should have been better and adapted to it. The fact that we didn't is essentially down to CL. As you say other teams on similar budgets seemed to adapt better. 

Perhaps CL relied too much on those 4, maybe they were just too much to lose all at once. We don't know for sure and it's a good, if not elongated argument. I just reckon it's time to leave it behind and concentrate on next season. Really nothing to gain by continually bashing Levein. 

Page 31 of a thread that is replicated on many other threads. 

I'm adding to it...:jj_facepalm:

All the best, PfK. Let's hope for a much improved season.

Pasquale for King

Did they have their 4 key players missing at the same time with another influential player (eg Haring) playing through a hernia problem?

YES or NO?

Yes, Tierney/Brown/Griffiths/Édouard/Siminuvic and Rogic.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I think you have a point. 

While the loss of those 4 players, and the subsequent injuries after pretty much destroyed our rhythm and confidence, I too feel we could/should have been better and adapted to it. The fact that we didn't is essentially down to CL. As you say other teams on similar budgets seemed to adapt better. 

Perhaps CL relied too much on those 4, maybe they were just too much to lose all at once. We don't know for sure and it's a good, if not elongated argument. I just reckon it's time to leave it behind and concentrate on next season. Really nothing to gain by continually bashing Levein. 

Page 31 of a thread that is replicated on many other threads. 

I'm adding to it...:jj_facepalm:

All the best, PfK. Let's hope for a much improved season.

Definitely, happy to leave it there. Onwards and upwards.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes, Tierney/Brown/Griffiths/Édouard/Siminuvic and Rogic.

At the same time?  When? For how long?

And I don't mean 1 game at the end of the season when the league was well won.

PS - Remember they have 14 first team key men: we only have 5 or 6 

Pasquale for King

At the same time?  When? For how long?

And I don't mean 1 game at the end of the season when the league was well won.

PS - Remember they have 14 first team key men: we only have 5 or 6 

At various points during they were missing players, I didn’t at any point say they had 14 key men, just that they had 14 out according to Lennon. When we played them at Murrayfield they had Brown/Griffiths/Siminovic/Boyata missing. Brown missed about two months, Tierney hardly played towards the end of the season, Griffiths etc, Simunovic missed months, as did Boyata.  Don’t know  every game they played. They obviously have better resources and can cope better. We’ve argued all this before and you still won’t accept it so here’s where it finishes for me.

We've argued it before and you won't accept it.    Don't try your amateur psychology here.  And you are quite right to finish because this has been a really bad day for you.

14 players missing - ONE game:  end of season;  league won;  avoid players getting injured with triple treble in mind

M/field - we had our central defence out (Berra/Souttar) as well as Uche while Naisy left the field after 8 minutes

As for the rest of your tripe, all clubs have had the odd player out for spells here and there.  In our case, Haring played on before eventually succumbing to a hernia problem, Smith missed 9 games, Cochrane and Morrison have not been able to attain any sort of regular fitness, we sent Mitchell back injured, Brandon and Godinho had time out and Garruccio is out long term as well.  Have I forgotten anyone?

Edited by JamboAl

Pasquale for King

We've argued it before and you won't accept it.    Don't try your amateur psychology here.  And you are quite right to finish because this has been a really bad day for you.

14 players missing - ONE game:  end of season;  league won;  avoid players getting injured with triple treble in mind

M/field - we had our central defence out (Berra/Souttar) as well as Uche while Naisy left the field after 8 minutes

As for the rest of your tripe, all clubs have had the odd player out for spells here and there.  In our case, Haring played on before eventually succumbing to a hernia problem, Smith missed 9 games, Cochrane and Morrison have not been able to attain any sort of regular fitness, we sent Mitchell back injured, Brandon and Godinho had time out and Garruccio is out long term as well.  Have I forgotten anyone?

Others teams had players out for the odd game ?, and I’m having a bad day. See you around.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Others teams had players out for the odd game ?, and I’m having a bad day. See you around.

Didn't't you say Devlin was going to be picked ahead of Soapy for Scotland? Not even on the bench and apparently he was one of Aberdeen's top men out injured ?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Didn't't you say Devlin was going to be picked ahead of Soapy for Scotland? Not even on the bench and apparently he was one of Aberdeen's top men out injured ?

I did and you said Souttar would start ??‍♂️.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did I not make that clear in my post?  You seem now to be arguing with yourself.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did I not make that clear in my post?  You seem now to be arguing with yourself.

You really don’t get it after all the posts and links and names, every other team had many injuries too, not just the odd one or two. They coped better. Both are established facts. End of story, goodnight and farewell. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You really don’t get it after all the posts and links and names, every other team had many injuries too, not just the odd one or two. They coped better. Both are established facts. End of story, goodnight and farewell. 

Not the case I'm afraid.  Not in the Premier league.  Lincoln City may have.  I wouldn't know.

Ours was prolonged and horrific, right up to the end of the season.

If we had gone into that final with all our best players fully match fit and they had Tierney, even allowing for their other massive advantages, we would have thrashed them.

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not the case I'm afraid.  Not in the Premier league.  Lincoln City may have.  I wouldn't know.

If we had gone into that final with all our best players fully match fit and they had Tierney, even allowing for their other massive advantages, we would have thrashed them.

?

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Behave, man. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

YOU DON'T GET IT.

No one is denying every team gets injuries: I said that myself.  What happened with us is that 4 or 5 of our most influential players were out with relatively serious injuries AT THE SAME TIME for a decent chunk of the season.  In other words, we had to play with the core of the team missing and Haring was playing through a hernia problem.   We are not as rich as Celtic that we can afford to have numbers of quality players who can just slot in when required.  We don't have 14 players in our first XI!

PS  when players come back they normally have to bed themselves in again gradually.  They don't just hit the ground running and if you don't play them they will never get the required match fitness

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Just bare this in mind.

52D1883F-F578-4FD9-B202-18026FFEFE9C.png

You think there us a Hibs troll polluting this thread? Hmm. Who would have thunk it.

Pasquale for King

YOU DON'T GET IT.

No one is denying every team gets injuries: I said that myself.  What happened with us is that 4 or 5 of our most influential players were out with relatively serious injuries AT THE SAME TIME for a decent chunk of the season.  In other words, we had to play with the core of the team missing and Haring was playing through a hernia problem.   We are not as rich as Celtic that we can afford to have numbers of quality players who can just slot in when required.  We don't have 14 players in our first XI!

PS  when players come back they normally have to bed themselves in again gradually.  They don't just hit the ground running and if you don't play them they will never get the required match fitness

Still going on about 14 players in a first 11, when I said first team players which is generally accepted that teams don’t have a first 11 anymore.

We played our first friendly on 3rd of July, first competitive fixture on 18th July. Last fixture 25th of May. 

Ten months, over 300 days, missing 4 players out of a squad of 35 for 36 days (a big chunk ?) totally ruined our season? 

My point has always been thar Naismith being injured ruined our season, it was going great before that,  and that we should’ve been able to adapt better to him being out as we had with the others. 

He needs to be wrapped in cotton wool.

If any potential Sherlock Holmes wants to root out a Hibs troll maybe they should look at the person who’s on a Hibs fans website.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Boyata too. It’s been shown in this thread and others how many injuries other teams had, but you’re right we had a horrendous and above average level of injuries for the second season running.

Edited by Pasquale for King

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Still going on about 14 players in a first 11, when I said first team players which is generally accepted that teams don’t have a first 11 anymore.

We played our first friendly on 3rd of July, first competitive fixture on 18th July. Last fixture 25th of May. 

Ten months, over 300 days, missing 4 players out of a squad of 35 for 36 days (a big chunk ?) totally ruined our season? 

My point has always been thar Naismith being injured ruined our season, it was going great before that,  and that we should’ve been able to adapt better to him being out as we had with the others. 

He needs to be wrapped in cotton wool.

If any potential Sherlock Holmes wants to root out a Hibs troll maybe they should look at the person who’s on a Hibs fans website.

Your point was that we should have been able to adapt better but how many like for like replacements for SN do we have in the squad?  We couldn't even afford him if it hadn't been on a loan deal.

I think your real point, however, is that you abhor the manager and will spout any shite to do him down.  He has his faults but no sensible person can deny the effect these injuries (PLURAL) had on our season.

22 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I did and you said Souttar would start ??‍♂️.

No I didn't. I might have said he should have. I said Souttar was a much more important player for Hearts (and it seems Scotland) than Devlin, and so we missed him more when injured, because you brought up Devlin as one of Aberdeen's injured players who is - in your mind only - a player on a par with Berra or Souttar.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Boyata too. It’s been shown in this thread and others how many injuries other teams had, but you’re right we had a horrendous and above average level of injuries for the second season running.

Is that the Celtic that bought someone for 1m and never played him? And who replaced their LB for the cup final with an international who cost 1m while we replaced ours with a 16 year old with one game under his belt? Good comparison.