Jump to content
Absolute Scenes

***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Recommended Posts

Inch Hearts

When did Killie decide to rip up the pitch?  Could this change SN situ with a managers/assistant job on the horizon too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman1874

Wonder what other players we will see leave, I think Djoum, Souttar, and wighton, Cochrane and Smith loaned out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Wonder what other players we will see leave, I think Djoum, Souttar, and wighton, Cochrane and Smith loaned out

Cochrane won’t be loaned out.

 

Wighton will get time to prove himself next season.

 

Djoum is defo offski.

 

Souttar to Derby is possible or practically a done deal depending on who you believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
22 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

When did Killie decide to rip up the pitch?  Could this change SN situ with a managers/assistant job on the horizon too? 

Nope.??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GavK1012
36 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

When did Killie decide to rip up the pitch?  Could this change SN situ with a managers/assistant job on the horizon too? 

 

...are they not ripping up their astro for erm, new astro nope??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874
41 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

When did Killie decide to rip up the pitch?  Could this change SN situ with a managers/assistant job on the horizon too? 

New pitch is astro too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inch Hearts
19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nope.??

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inch Hearts
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

New pitch is astro too 

 

4 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

 

...are they not ripping up their astro for erm, new astro nope??

 

Didn’t know that sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

 

 

Didn’t know that sorry.

No bother, wish they were getting a grass pitch down though. Their Astro right now is brutal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd

Who do we think the Scottish club in for Shankland is? Sunderland defo one of the English parties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman1874
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Who do we think the Scottish club in for Shankland is? Sunderland defo one of the English parties. 

Killie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Who do we think the Scottish club in for Shankland is? Sunderland defo one of the English parties. 

 

Rangers most likely or less likely Hearts. Both very hard clubs to play for if you don’t have the correct mentality. Definitely not Celtic, they’re in an entirely different street when it comes to shopping.  

 

Agreed that Sunderland are the English ‘sleeping giant’, some scouting network Jack Ross has established.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd
59 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Rangers most likely or less likely Hearts. Both very hard clubs to play for if you don’t have the correct mentality. Definitely not Celtic, they’re in an entirely different street when it comes to shopping.  

 

Agreed that Sunderland are the English ‘sleeping giant’, some scouting network Jack Ross has established.

 

Killie might be his best bet if he wants game time. The Rangers would sign him as a development player only. Is he any better than Ryan Hardie? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

 

Killie might be his best bet if he wants game time. The Rangers would sign him as a development player only. Is he any better than Ryan Hardie? 

 

He's 23 now so don't think he would want to be a development option. Don't think Shankland or Hardie will be good enough for Rangers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

He's 23 now so don't think he would want to be a development option. Don't think Shankland or Hardie will be good enough for Rangers.

 

I would maybe take Hardie before Lafferty, a punt but he scored plenty at Livi and has resale potential. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karipidis
18 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

 

I would maybe take Hardie before Lafferty, a punt but he scored plenty at Livi and has resale potential. 

Not sure he actually scored that many for Livi. Think Halkett was joint top scorer with him. 

 

Edit - Just checked and although he was joint top with Halkett he only played 16 goals so pretty decent return. 

Edited by karipidis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 hour ago, Roman1874 said:

Killie 

Would make sense for him but Ayr to Killie ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

Anyone know when the manager is on holiday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Anyone know when the manager is on holiday?

 

Late October until the middle of May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Anyone know when the manager is on holiday?

 

Hopefully not this year as he continues to think about how the team improves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Late October until the middle of May.

:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Late October until the middle of May.

I expected the reply but not from you  :surprise:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gene Parmesan
39 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

 

Hopefully not this year as he continues to think about how the team improves

Yes, man who recently suffered heart attack should absolutely not take a break. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clerry Jambo
3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Who do we think the Scottish club in for Shankland is? Sunderland defo one of the English parties. 

McCall said a very very big club, so only 3 Rangers, Celtic or Hearts

 

Old Firm wont want him, so must be us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
44 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

 

Hopefully not this year as he continues to think about how the team improves

 

"The way I deal with these things best is I get back to my work because that’s where I’m at my happiest."

- Craig Levein shortly after a heart attack

 

Pretty sure he'll be working away on signings from whatever beach he lies on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

McCall said a very very big club, so only 3 Rangers, Celtic or Hearts

 

Old Firm wont want him, so must be us

 

Would he involve a fee? As punts on lower league players go, he would seem to be a fair bit above the Reilly, Callachan and Wighton level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

Hibs for Shankland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mac80
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Hibs for Shankland. 

 

 

Hope not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whatever

I’m a long way from being convinced about Shankland being able to cut it in the top flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MattyK82
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hibs for Shankland. 

Where you seeing this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I expected the reply but not from you  :surprise:

 

Thought I would get it in quick and deprive one of the usual suspects of the satisfaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd

 

16 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I’m a long way from being convinced about Shankland being able to cut it in the top flight.

 

I think he might struggle also, altho he'd maybe do well at a diddy club like a Livi or Hamilton where there is less pressure to win and not many fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
30 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Where you seeing this? 

Hunch based on previous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MattyK82
43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hunch based on previous 

Ah right. Quite possibly. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was us either. Not sure the sheep ? would be interested in re-signing him..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Rangers most likely or less likely Hearts. Both very hard clubs to play for if you don’t have the correct mentality. Definitely not Celtic, they’re in an entirely different street when it comes to shopping.  

 

Agreed that Sunderland are the English ‘sleeping giant’, some scouting network Jack Ross has established.

If you cant get a club like Sunderland out of League 1 you wont be there long.

Most fans on their forums want him ditched.

They should be aiming higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

If you cant get a club like Sunderland out of League 1 you wont be there long.

Most fans on their forums want him ditched.

They should be aiming higher.

Almost certainly the biggest club in Tier 3, JR failed to get them promoted despite being allowed to sign 16 players including McGeouch, Ozturk and McLaughlin.  He needs to have a good start to the next campaign or he'll be looking for a new job before Christmas.  The Mackem support will become very restless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
12 hours ago, Roman1874 said:

Wonder what other players we will see leave, I think Djoum, Souttar, and wighton, Cochrane and Smith loaned out

To Hibs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Late October until the middle of May.

????

 

Same as last season then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jammy T

If we keep our main men, and including Naismith, I’d be more than happy with:

 

Gordon

Halkett

Adam

Walker

Shankland

One surprise Naismith quality signing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Tyson
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

If we keep our main men, and including Naismith, I’d be more than happy with:

 

Gordon

Halkett

Adam

Walker

Shankland

One surprise Naismith quality signing

Our wage bill would be through the roof. Gordon and Adam would be on big money, and Gordon is finished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
9 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Ah right. Quite possibly. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was us either. Not sure the sheep ? would be interested in re-signing him..

Sounds as if he requires man managing that Mcinnes didn't manage,  CL unlikely to be much more patient 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
11 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Hibs for Shankland. 

You do know McCall said something about he needed the mental strength to cope at the club interested? Mental strength to cope at Hibs , **** right off. Tynecastle yes , Rangers yes , Celtic meh. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
21 hours ago, siegementality said:

So what exactly did you hear and what is the sources connections? I’m not asking you to name them or provide detail that would identify them, just curious as to how this person ‘really should know’.

Wouldn't say any more than its somebody close . Not a done deal but there have been discussions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
1 hour ago, sadj said:

You do know McCall said something about he needed the mental strength to cope at the club interested? Mental strength to cope at Hibs , **** right off. Tynecastle yes , Rangers yes , Celtic meh. ?

still need mental strength to cope at Hibs - they have similar crowds as us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
14 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Late October until the middle of May.

 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
10 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

still need mental strength to cope at Hibs - they have similar crowds as us

I don’t even know where to start with this.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Franksluckypants
25 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

still need mental strength to cope at Hibs - they have similar crowds as us

 

Think you have to question this statement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaskedMarauder

Shankland to Sunderland pretty much a done deal. Huge money on offer for him there as he pretty much confirmed to me when spoken to last week on holiday. Should also add he’s a staunch Rangers man so Hibs not an interesting option for him at all ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...