***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

jamboinglasgow

Just seen U18 player Josh Doig has left Hearts and joined Hibs. Dont know if we released him or Hibs offered a better professional contract.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Nookie Bear
12 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Hopefully Lee stays on, He’s had a season to settle. Hopefully kicks in next year 

He has a lot assists (I think) and I don’t think we could afford to lose both him and Djoum his summer. Needs sharing next to him though. 

Cruyff Turn

Maulary Martin would beat Olly Lee over a 100 metre sprint ffs. 

Lee’s feckin pony, offers absolute nada. Turns like an oil tanker after it’s been torpedoed, takes about 4 touches to control a pass, can’t run, can’t tackle, sideways, safe pass merchant.

Decent at corners but. :vrwow:

Not Dynamic enough for me. ::troll::

If Celtic sign David Turnbull that's another good young Scottish prospect sitting on the bench for the season. It also pushes the likes of Lewis Morgan down the pecking order. He is the type of player we could do with - even though it's Celtic would a loan deal be possible?

Famous 1874
37 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just seen U18 player Josh Doig has left Hearts and joined Hibs. Dont know if we released him or Hibs offered a better professional contract.

Hibs tent to pick up quite a few of the players at around the under 18’s level who get released from us. Suspect that’s what has happened.

Famous 1874
4 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

If Celtic sign David Turnbull that's another good young Scottish prospect sitting on the bench for the season. It also pushes the likes of Lewis Morgan down the pecking order. He is the type of player we could do with - even though it's Celtic would a loan deal be possible?

Celtic sending players out on loan to the likes of us Aberdeen and Hibs should be no brainers. A Mikey Johnson on loan would be great but he’s probably part of their first team setup though. 

However, I don’t see Celtic doing business with us though. Probably vice versa.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Hibs tent to pick up quite a few of the players at around the under 18’s level who get released from us. Suspect that’s what has happened.

I imagine so. I read on here a few months back that another U18 player, Josh Grigor went to Hibs (though that was to do with a falling out with Hearts, I think was said.)

Will be interesting to see the next players to move up from the academy to professional contracts. As far as I am aware its Harry Stone, Leo Watson and Jay Charleston-King who are due to step up (though with Stone he is wanted by a few clubs so that might not happen.)

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Josh Doig wasn’t even getting his game for the 18s.  

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I imagine so. I read on here a few months back that another U18 player, Josh Grigor went to Hibs (though that was to do with a falling out with Hearts, I think was said.)

Will be interesting to see the next players to move up from the academy to professional contracts. As far as I am aware its Harry Stone, Leo Watson and Jay Charleston-King who are due to step up (though with Stone he is wanted by a few clubs so that might not happen.)

Stone signed Watford

59 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Josh Doig wasn’t even getting his game for the 18s.  

He played centre half almost all season until he decided to leave to go full time. The coaches wanted to keep him but Levein said no.  

13 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Not all sources pay off. It was discussed at board level though. 

Hang on......

The source says we were appointing McCann but was very wrong.....

How can you then just swallow it was discussed at all ?!?!

Edited by DH1986

10 minutes ago, MooseMich said:

Stone signed Watford

Story was it was between Watford and Celtic 

Inch Hearts
12 minutes ago, MooseMich said:

He played centre half almost all season until he decided to leave to go full time. The coaches wanted to keep him but Levein said no.  

Fair enough I was looking towards the end of the season.  Wonder what the reasons are. 

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Hang on......

You know this already, but it's because it's entirely made up. A gamble based on the existing chatter about McCann so he could claim credit for it if it did happen.

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hope we can get Stone tied down. Been linked with Celtic and a host of English clubs

12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Hang on......

Personally, I find it fairly tragic he’s calling them ‘sources’ in the first place.

Dazajambo, the JKB investigative journalist...with sources feeding him ‘board room’ level info (in reality, a guy on a web forum who posts made up pish).

siegementality
14 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Is Charlie Adam still 85% done? ????

Genuine question. I’d love to know if anyone has heard the Jordan Rhodes chat. You’ve been peddling this for a couple of seasons yet no-one else seems to have heard it from any source other than you.

Captain Canada

I was impressed by Cammy Kerr at Dundee and think we should take a punt as he's out of contract. He's a good age and got plenty of energy. 

He looks a decent prospect and potentially better than Godinho or Brandon who I think should probably move on so they can play regularly. 

I was also just reading about Shankland on the BBC Football site and wondered of we were the top flight Scottish team that had made him an offer. I reckon that Sunderland may have also from McCall's comments. 

Edited by Captain Canada

15 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I was impressed by Cammy Kerr at Dundee and think we should take a punt as he's out of contract. He's a good age and got plenty of energy. 

He looks a decent prospect and potentially better than Godinho or Brandon who I think should probably move on so they can play regularly. 

I was also just reading about Shankland on the BBC Football site and wondered of we were the top flight Scottish team that had made him an offer. I reckon that Sunderland may have also from McCall's comments. 

Kerr's 23 now, so where does that leave us regarding development fee? My understanding is that its if the season starts and they turn 23 midseason that means we're due a fee. His birthday is September so looks like we'd need to cough up. 

Brandon or Godinho on loan might help though

2 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

McCall's comments made it sound very much like we are the team from Scotland in for him. 

2 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

19 minutes ago, jamboj said:

McCall's comments made it sound very much like we are the team from Scotland in for him. 

Any chance of a link to this story guys? Cheers.

35 minutes ago, jamboj said:

"A very , very big club" where you have to be "really mentally strong"? It's Rangers.

"

There may be the option of a very, very big club, but would he play there every week, to take that next step and kick on again?"

McCall revealed Shankland is considering offers from a leading Scottish club and two English sides and thinks it won't be long until he is pressing for an international call-up.

"One of them, it's a club in Scotland and you need to be really mentally strong," he said. "That's something I think Lawrence has, but the only way you find that is if you go through it. You can't predict that, it's something you have to live through to find out if you have it.

"There are a couple of pretty sizeable clubs in England where I'm pretty sure he would play. One in particular would suit him, a sleeping giant type club.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

"A very , very big club" where you have to be "really mentally strong"? It's Rangers.

Not us, as in the fans will get on players back quickly? You’d have to be mentally strong to play for us

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Not us, as in the fans will get on players back quickly? You’d have to be mentally strong to play for us

Ian McCall isn't going to be calling us a "very, very big club" and questioning whether Shankland would get a game for us. Particularly when the English clubs he's been linked with are rumoured to be Portsmouth and Sunderland.

Absolute Scenes
33 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Ian McCall isn't going to be calling us a "very, very big club" and questioning whether Shankland would get a game for us. Particularly when the English clubs he's been linked with are rumoured to be Portsmouth and Sunderland.

True, i just thought the mentally strong part would also be fitting for us, as we can be a picky bunch!

23 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

?

Give it up ffs.

Fantasist.

johnthomas

There is/was some substance to the McCann story . 

Heard it from someone, who really should know , nearly 2 months ago

4 hours ago, johnthomas said:

I heard it too via someone with strong Rangers/Hearts connections.  I'm not sure I want to believe it because NM's stint with Dundee could be living proof that good TV pundits don't necessarily make good managers.

siegementality
4 hours ago, johnthomas said:

So what exactly did you hear and what is the sources connections? I’m not asking you to name them or provide detail that would identify them, just curious as to how this person ‘really should know’.

Edited by siegementality

I was speaking to McCann in town last night. We were both absolutely reeking. He said he couldn’t talk about whether he’ll be the hearts manager next season. Must be something in it otherwise he’d have just said no... no?

Maybe McCann would have done better with a good strong Director of Football like Levein supporting him? ?

You know. For the purposes of debate and everything. ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, RDSK said:

I was speaking to McCann in town last night. We were both absolutely reeking. He said he couldn’t talk about whether he’ll be the hearts manager next season. Must be something in it otherwise he’d have just said no... no?

He doesn't wash? Better off at Hibs then

Leveins Battalion

I'll counter that by saying I asked McCann in a an Italian coffee shop outside Hampden last week and he nearly choked on his pasta laughing.

jamboinglasgow
14 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Yeah, to be a striker at Hearts you have to be very mentally strong as the fans get on your back quickly if you are not scoring.

Yeah so if it is that I reckon it is us, otherwise it would be Rangers.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah, to be a striker at Hearts you have to be very mentally strong as the fans get on your back quickly if you are not scoring.

That’s it

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They'd also say the manager should not have signed him even though they thought we should sign him in the first place.

The manager should have known he would hardly score and also if/when he was going to be injured.

Edited by JamboAl

jamboinglasgow
On 01/06/2019 at 13:12, MooseMich said:

Stone signed Watford

Disappointing to lose another really talented player so early. Sadly thats modern football.

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Still no Walker or Naismith then ? Sure the itk guys said this weekend ?

Walker is under contract and so we can't officially sign him until the window opens (12 June, I think).

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Still no Walker or Naismith then ? Sure the itk guys said this weekend ?

It was one guy who said those rumours, and to be fair to them they said Naismith signs by Monday and Walker would be during the weekend so still time.

15 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Actually reckon it's Celtic. They need a striker.lennon will be out of ideas and the board won't be giving him cash to splash

hmfc_liam06
On 31/05/2019 at 21:28, PTBCAL said:

My bro was at the POY do recently and Lee  

seemed both fed up and a little disparaging of CL 

Ya ***** he's got a cheek :lol:

On 01/06/2019 at 13:24, Mikey1874 said:

Story was it was between Watford and Celtic 

Yeh that's what I heard and that he'd chosen Watford ?

Inch Hearts

When did Killie decide to rip up the pitch?  Could this change SN situ with a managers/assistant job on the horizon too? 

Wonder what other players we will see leave, I think Djoum, Souttar, and wighton, Cochrane and Smith loaned out

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Wonder what other players we will see leave, I think Djoum, Souttar, and wighton, Cochrane and Smith loaned out

Cochrane won’t be loaned out.

Wighton will get time to prove himself next season.

Djoum is defo offski.

Souttar to Derby is possible or practically a done deal depending on who you believe.