• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

RustyRightPeg
6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

This might help. The problem with him is he signed a two year deal last year so a fee would be required assuming he wanted to come to us and they allowed him to leave.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/team/first-team/benjamin-siegrist

Cheers. Was a bit lazy of me to not even look lol. 

54 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Heard we are looking at goalkeeper Jordan Archer. Apparently being released this summer by Millwall. 

Seen archer twice. Too me he is a bombscare of a keeper. Can make some decent stops but has clangers in him.

No thanks for me

10 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

So you'd be happy to swap one of the best young defenders in the country for two players nearing the end of their careers who their club want rid of anyway ?

Thank feck you're not involved in our transfer dealings

Never said I was happy with it anywhere so don't know where that came from. It was something said to me a few weeks back just after the league split so just posted here what was said. The main point is, Souttar will move on before long, i'd prefer it to be down south rather than that manky mob. As for the transfer dealings comment....it's not what me, you or anyone else thinks, it's what Ann and Craig decide and if they decide they'd want either of them you, me and everyone else has to accept it whether we like it or not.

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Neil McCann a no no for Hearts, I know there was thread previously 

30%??

28 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Neil McCann a no no for Hearts, I know there was thread previously 

Maybe fancies the Alloa job.

What about the guy from Motherwell who we always seem to be linked with?

Cant remember his name.

1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

Seen archer twice. Too me he is a bombscare of a keeper. Can make some decent stops but has clangers in him.

No thanks for me

Same I seen him when I was living in London and he was shocking. Jack Hamiltonesque 

Zlamal & Doyle both better keepers & neither are good enough

Phil Dunphy

There was an Ayr Utd fan on Twitter a few weeks ago saying that, while he adored Shankland, he didn't think he was good enough to step up to our level. I'd like to see us take a punt on him. 

There's some decent talent down in the lower leagues too. The boy Vaughan at Raith Rovers was doing well this past season, although he is a Hibs boy.

Bobby

Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith Haring Bryson Hickey

Walker

Naismith Uche

:glorious:

Seriously though, we need to sign players that take the onus off of Naismith. Him not being in the team for the crucial parts of this season highlighted how important he was. We had no one who could even lace his boots. We need to sign players under the assumption Naismith will get injured again next season. He may not, but that chance is reduced even more if we can use him effectively rather than running him into the ground because we have nowt else in the tank. Signings like Walker, Bryson, Boyce etc. could turn the tide there and give us that extra bit of ability to get ourselves up the table.

Reckon the rest of the youngsters alongside Hickey (Cochrane, McDonald, Irvine, Smith etc.) should feature more frequently. They've delivered when asked this season and deserve a place in the squad to stake their claim. Saves us a bit of cash too!

RustyRightPeg
4 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Heard we are looking at goalkeeper Jordan Archer. Apparently being released this summer by Millwall. 

Decent shot stopper. Crap at coming for stuff. Undersized, think he's just a shade under 6ft, and I reckon that'd be sorely exposed up here.

Cruyff Turn
6 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Hope not, the boys horrendous. 

Famous 1874
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

What about the guy from Motherwell who we always seem to be linked with?

Cant remember his name.

Cadden. So far his only offers have been made public are to renew his deal at Motherwell or sign for Doncaster. 

We may well be looking at him as we have tried the last 2 summers to sign him. Suspect he’ll go down south somewhere but the likes of us Aberdeen and Hibs will have had a look

Walker back would be good he’s a good player and a match winner think would see more from him with better players around him....if it was true we tried to get Jordan Rhodes on loan wonder if we will try again he would score for fun....

6 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Cadden. So far his only offers have been made public are to renew his deal at Motherwell or sign for Doncaster. 

We may well be looking at him as we have tried the last 2 summers to sign him. Suspect he’ll go down south somewhere but the likes of us Aberdeen and Hibs will have had a look

I may be wrong but hasn't Cadden had injury/fitness issues ? After last season's injury problems maybe it is better we brought players in that were at least fit to start with. I do accept some players can be worth the risk when operating on a budget. However there will be players in the Scottish game that could improve us and Halkett is a good example. IMO. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Skacelsid said:

I may be wrong but hasn't Cadden had injury/fitness issues ? After last season's injury problems maybe it is better we brought players in that were at least fit to start with. I do accept some players can be worth the risk when operating on a budget. However there will be players in the Scottish game that could improve us and Halkett is a good example. IMO. 

Cadden is not the answer

18 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

McGeouch (on loan)? Article in paper today -  not had a sniff all season so must be frustrated. 

Will end up back at hibs 

My half sister
12 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

There was an Ayr Utd fan on Twitter a few weeks ago saying that, while he adored Shankland, he didn't think he was good enough to step up to our level. I'd like to see us take a punt on him. 

I think we'll see Shankland at Tynecastle in the Betfred Cup

15 hours ago, jambogee said:

Andy Carroll and Samir Nasri have been released??

Didn’t even realise Carroll had been nicked. Was only a matter of time I suppose.

heartsfc_fan
15 minutes ago, My half sister said:

I think we'll see Shankland at Tynecastle in the Betfred Cup

Dundee United?

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

McGeouch (on loan)? Article in paper today -  not had a sniff all season so must be frustrated. 

His energy and pace would be useful and he is a good player. I would prefer we had him rather than see him return to fester Rd.

All roads lead to Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Didn’t even realise Carroll had been nicked. Was only a matter of time I suppose.

Impersonating a footballer is what I heard :smile:

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Skacelsid said:

Yeah he has had fitness issues especially the last 2 seasons. He had one good season but has been in and out of the Motherwell team so personally i’d avoid, we can do better.

22 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Impersonating a footballer is what I heard :smile:

Which one? Garry O’Connor?

29 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

His energy and pace would be useful and he is a good player. I would prefer we had him rather than see him return to fester Rd.

Spot on, the guy is a good player and would give us the much lacking energy in midfield,  no way I would want him going back to the dark side.

3 hours ago, cunny1874 said:

Walker back would be good he’s a good player and a match winner think would see more from him with better players around him....if it was true we tried to get Jordan Rhodes on loan wonder if we will try again he would score for fun....

That really might be worth a shot, especially if Rhodes wants another crack at the National team.

14 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

That really might be worth a shot, especially if Rhodes wants another crack at the National team.

I read somewhere that Sheff Wed want £7m for him.

All roads lead to Gorgie
38 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Which one? Garry O’Connor?

He would have got a longer sentence for that. 

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He would have got a longer sentence for that. 

Ironic considering Garry can barely string a legible one together.

Walter Bishop

If Levein is talking about being 4 players from competing with Celtic we surely cant be looking at the likes of Cadden, McGeough, Shankland etc. 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Yeah he has had fitness issues especially the last 2 seasons. He had one good season but has been in and out of the Motherwell team so personally i’d avoid, we can do better.

Cheers famous, my view also.

Phil Dunphy
9 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

If Levein is talking about being 4 players from competing with Celtic we surely cant be looking at the likes of Cadden, McGeough, Shankland etc. 

I’d take McGeouch in a heartbeat. For all the raving Hibs did about John McGinn, he was always the stand out in the derbies we played. 

17 hours ago, jambogee said:

Carroll most certainly is a Levein player.

Likes an injury as well so would fit in.

Edited by saxondale

17 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’d take McGeouch in a heartbeat. For all the raving Hibs did about John McGinn, he was always the stand out in the derbies we played. 

As would I. Would be worried though this slows down Cochrane’s progress for another season.

Clerry Jambo
43 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Who are you expecting to get Walter, a bit realism required here......

Jamboscanbevicius
59 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

We wont be competing with Celtic over the course of a season (though in any game we should be able to). Would take all 3 of these guys!

54 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Who are you expecting to get Walter, a bit realism required here......

3 players that are better than the players in our sqaud thet will compete with hahaha, some people talent and widespread player knowlegde is so poor.

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, saxondale said:

As would I. Would be worried though this slows down Cochrane’s progress for another season.

I think that’s the risk with signing another midfielder to replace Djoum. 

Agentjambo
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

When did levein say that?

19 hours ago, jambogee said:

Monster when fit. Never fit. He once injured himself opening a Christmas present. Hopefully his wages can go somewhere decent. Will end up back in Newcastle I reckon

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Where's the mcgeogh interest coming from.

( Decent player )

No interest, just names we'd like to see