Jump to content
Absolute Scenes

***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Recommended Posts

Jamhammer
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Heard we are looking at goalkeeper Jordan Archer. Apparently being released this summer by Millwall. 

This was on here a week or so ago and someone was less than complimentary about him. No idea if he's any good or not. Our resident Millwall fan might be able to fill us in

Edited by Jamhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambogee

Andy Carroll and Samir Nasri have been released??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RustyRightPeg
6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

This might help. The problem with him is he signed a two year deal last year so a fee would be required assuming he wanted to come to us and they allowed him to leave.

 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/team/first-team/benjamin-siegrist

 

Cheers. Was a bit lazy of me to not even look lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mscjambo
54 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Heard we are looking at goalkeeper Jordan Archer. Apparently being released this summer by Millwall. 

Seen archer twice. Too me he is a bombscare of a keeper. Can make some decent stops but has clangers in him.

 

No thanks for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambonian
10 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

So you'd be happy to swap one of the best young defenders in the country for two players nearing the end of their careers who their club want rid of anyway ?

Thank feck you're not involved in our transfer dealings

 

Never said I was happy with it anywhere so don't know where that came from. It was something said to me a few weeks back just after the league split so just posted here what was said. The main point is, Souttar will move on before long, i'd prefer it to be down south rather than that manky mob. As for the transfer dealings comment....it's not what me, you or anyone else thinks, it's what Ann and Craig decide and if they decide they'd want either of them you, me and everyone else has to accept it whether we like it or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clerry Jambo

Neil McCann a no no for Hearts, I know there was thread previously 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Neil McCann a no no for Hearts, I know there was thread previously 

30%??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clerry Jambo
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

30%??

99.9%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

99.9%

DAZA...!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
28 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Neil McCann a no no for Hearts, I know there was thread previously 

 

Maybe fancies the Alloa job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

What about the guy from Motherwell who we always seem to be linked with?

Cant remember his name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC86
1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

Seen archer twice. Too me he is a bombscare of a keeper. Can make some decent stops but has clangers in him.

 

No thanks for me

Same I seen him when I was living in London and he was shocking. Jack Hamiltonesque 

 

Zlamal & Doyle both better keepers & neither are good enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy

There was an Ayr Utd fan on Twitter a few weeks ago saying that, while he adored Shankland, he didn't think he was good enough to step up to our level. I'd like to see us take a punt on him. 

 

There's some decent talent down in the lower leagues too. The boy Vaughan at Raith Rovers was doing well this past season, although he is a Hibs boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo

I know it’s probably old news but Jamie walker to sign this weekend I hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT

Bobby

Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith Haring Bryson Hickey

Walker

Naismith Uche

:glorious:

 

Seriously though, we need to sign players that take the onus off of Naismith. Him not being in the team for the crucial parts of this season highlighted how important he was. We had no one who could even lace his boots. We need to sign players under the assumption Naismith will get injured again next season. He may not, but that chance is reduced even more if we can use him effectively rather than running him into the ground because we have nowt else in the tank. Signings like Walker, Bryson, Boyce etc. could turn the tide there and give us that extra bit of ability to get ourselves up the table.

 

Reckon the rest of the youngsters alongside Hickey (Cochrane, McDonald, Irvine, Smith etc.) should feature more frequently. They've delivered when asked this season and deserve a place in the squad to stake their claim. Saves us a bit of cash too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RustyRightPeg
4 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Heard we are looking at goalkeeper Jordan Archer. Apparently being released this summer by Millwall. 

 

Decent shot stopper. Crap at coming for stuff. Undersized, think he's just a shade under 6ft, and I reckon that'd be sorely exposed up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
6 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Heard we are looking at goalkeeper Jordan Archer. Apparently being released this summer by Millwall. 

Hope not, the boys horrendous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

What about the guy from Motherwell who we always seem to be linked with?

Cant remember his name.

Cadden. So far his only offers have been made public are to renew his deal at Motherwell or sign for Doncaster. 

We may well be looking at him as we have tried the last 2 summers to sign him. Suspect he’ll go down south somewhere but the likes of us Aberdeen and Hibs will have had a look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cunny1874

Walker back would be good he’s a good player and a match winner think would see more from him with better players around him....if it was true we tried to get Jordan Rhodes on loan wonder if we will try again he would score for fun....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skacelsid
6 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Cadden. So far his only offers have been made public are to renew his deal at Motherwell or sign for Doncaster. 

We may well be looking at him as we have tried the last 2 summers to sign him. Suspect he’ll go down south somewhere but the likes of us Aberdeen and Hibs will have had a look

I may be wrong but hasn't Cadden had injury/fitness issues ? After last season's injury problems maybe it is better we brought players in that were at least fit to start with. I do accept some players can be worth the risk when operating on a budget. However there will be players in the Scottish game that could improve us and Halkett is a good example. IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Skacelsid said:

I may be wrong but hasn't Cadden had injury/fitness issues ? After last season's injury problems maybe it is better we brought players in that were at least fit to start with. I do accept some players can be worth the risk when operating on a budget. However there will be players in the Scottish game that could improve us and Halkett is a good example. IMO. 

Cadden is not the answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baxfee

McGeouch (on loan)? Article in paper today -  not had a sniff all season so must be frustrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
18 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

McGeouch (on loan)? Article in paper today -  not had a sniff all season so must be frustrated. 

Will end up back at hibs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My half sister
12 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

There was an Ayr Utd fan on Twitter a few weeks ago saying that, while he adored Shankland, he didn't think he was good enough to step up to our level. I'd like to see us take a punt on him. 

I think we'll see Shankland at Tynecastle in the Betfred Cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
15 hours ago, jambogee said:

Andy Carroll and Samir Nasri have been released??

 

Didn’t even realise Carroll had been nicked. Was only a matter of time I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan
15 minutes ago, My half sister said:

I think we'll see Shankland at Tynecastle in the Betfred Cup

Dundee United?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

McGeouch (on loan)? Article in paper today -  not had a sniff all season so must be frustrated. 

His energy and pace would be useful and he is a good player. I would prefer we had him rather than see him return to fester Rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

 

Didn’t even realise Carroll had been nicked. Was only a matter of time I suppose.

Impersonating a footballer is what I heard :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Skacelsid said:

I may be wrong but hasn't Cadden had injury/fitness issues ? After last season's injury problems maybe it is better we brought players in that were at least fit to start with. I do accept some players can be worth the risk when operating on a budget. However there will be players in the Scottish game that could improve us and Halkett is a good example. IMO. 

Yeah he has had fitness issues especially the last 2 seasons. He had one good season but has been in and out of the Motherwell team so personally i’d avoid, we can do better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
22 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Impersonating a footballer is what I heard :smile:

 

Which one? Garry O’Connor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
micole
29 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

His energy and pace would be useful and he is a good player. I would prefer we had him rather than see him return to fester Rd.

Spot on, the guy is a good player and would give us the much lacking energy in midfield,  no way I would want him going back to the dark side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc Rob
3 hours ago, cunny1874 said:

Walker back would be good he’s a good player and a match winner think would see more from him with better players around him....if it was true we tried to get Jordan Rhodes on loan wonder if we will try again he would score for fun....

 

That really might be worth a shot, especially if Rhodes wants another crack at the National team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
14 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

 

That really might be worth a shot, especially if Rhodes wants another crack at the National team.

I read somewhere that Sheff Wed want £7m for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie
38 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

 

Which one? Garry O’Connor?

He would have got a longer sentence for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He would have got a longer sentence for that. 

 

Ironic considering Garry can barely string a legible one together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambomuzz

4 out. 

 

Hughes, sammon, Mitchell and shaugnassey. 

 

All expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Walter Bishop

If Levein is talking about being 4 players from competing with Celtic we surely cant be looking at the likes of Cadden, McGeough, Shankland etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skacelsid
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Yeah he has had fitness issues especially the last 2 seasons. He had one good season but has been in and out of the Motherwell team so personally i’d avoid, we can do better.

Cheers famous, my view also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
9 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

If Levein is talking about being 4 players from competing with Celtic we surely cant be looking at the likes of Cadden, McGeough, Shankland etc. 

 

 

I’d take McGeouch in a heartbeat. For all the raving Hibs did about John McGinn, he was always the stand out in the derbies we played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saxondale
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, jambogee said:

Andy Carroll and Samir Nasri have been released??

 

Carroll most certainly is a Levein player.

 

Likes an injury as well so would fit in.

Edited by saxondale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saxondale
17 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

I’d take McGeouch in a heartbeat. For all the raving Hibs did about John McGinn, he was always the stand out in the derbies we played. 

 

As would I. Would be worried though this slows down Cochrane’s progress for another season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clerry Jambo
43 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

If Levein is talking about being 4 players from competing with Celtic we surely cant be looking at the likes of Cadden, McGeough, Shankland etc. 

 

Who are you expecting to get Walter, a bit realism required here......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamboscanbevicius
59 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

If Levein is talking about being 4 players from competing with Celtic we surely cant be looking at the likes of Cadden, McGeough, Shankland etc. 

 

 

We wont be competing with Celtic over the course of a season (though in any game we should be able to). Would take all 3 of these guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fatlad
54 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Who are you expecting to get Walter, a bit realism required here......

3 players that are better than the players in our sqaud thet will compete with hahaha, some people talent and widespread player knowlegde is so poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, saxondale said:

 

As would I. Would be worried though this slows down Cochrane’s progress for another season.

 

I think that’s the risk with signing another midfielder to replace Djoum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jenks

Bring in McGeough!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

If Levein is talking about being 4 players from competing with Celtic we surely cant be looking at the likes of Cadden, McGeough, Shankland etc. 

 

When did levein say that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
19 hours ago, jambogee said:

Andy Carroll and Samir Nasri have been released??

Monster when fit. Never fit. He once injured himself opening a Christmas present. Hopefully his wages can go somewhere decent. Will end up back in Newcastle I reckon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambocub

Where's the mcgeogh interest coming from.

( Decent player )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Where's the mcgeogh interest coming from.

( Decent player )

 

No interest, just names we'd like to see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...