Mikey Stewart again.......

Clerry Jambo

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, john5698 said:

Bit touchy there. What has being a doctor got to do with it. He Had a heart attack, I would think it was stress related, I don't know. Your post was ridiculous and judging by your reply you know it. Your bitterness towards the man is quite ridiculous. I note you didn't answer the question.

His post was ridiculous. He linked CL's illness with the job not being "cushy". A total fabrication. None of us know what caused his heart attack. If it was the "stress" of the job then he should be told to pack it in. I also pointed out that there is no more, in fact less, "bottle" required to take on a football manager role than in many other jobs. 

As for the regurgitated "bitterness" jibe that is levelled at all the "haters" who don't like Levein :jj_facepalm:

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• mitch41

• Enzo Chiefo

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

As for the regurgitated "bitterness" jibe that is levelled at all the "haters" who don't like Levein

So just trolling, then? 

I lose track of which thread I’m reading on here as it’s the same argument on each and everyone.

we get it some want him gone some want him to stay and some just accept he’s here and hope he turns things round.

Edited by Rudy T

7 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Doubt he’s spinning anything tbf. Just as presumably you weren’t spinning anything when you got the £600k figure wildly wrong.

I said I was unsure of the figure and acknowledged when it was corrected. It's still a significant six figure sum as both responses have acknowledged. £250,000 probably equates to two players annual salaries for us.

Stop being so sensitive Mothy.

Just now, Martin_T said:

I said I was unsure of the figure and acknowledged when it was corrected. It's still a significant six figure sum as both responses have acknowledged. £250,000 probably equates to two players annual salaries for us.

Stop being so sensitive Mothy.

I’m a sensitive guy. ?

Enzo Chiefo
14 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

So just trolling, then? 

Yes, he probably was. 

I can’t stand Stewart.

He has an agenda against Levein however a significant number of Hearts fans (and quite a few ex players) agree with many of the points he has made.

30 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

His post was ridiculous. He linked CL's illness with the job not being "cushy". A total fabrication. None of us know what caused his heart attack. If it was the "stress" of the job then he should be told to pack it in. I also pointed out that there is no more, in fact less, "bottle" required to take on a football manager role than in many other jobs. 

As for the regurgitated "bitterness" jibe that is levelled at all the "haters" who don't like Levein :jj_facepalm:

Oh dear, you need to give your obsession a break.

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I can’t stand Stewart.

He has an agenda against Levein however a significant number of Hearts fans (and quite a few ex players) agree with many of the points he has made.

A fair few of those ex-players don’t think particularly highly of Stewart himself. Two other ex-managers of ours, if rumours are correct about a dressing room incident related to him being stripped of the captaincy, in fact. Neither of those former players/managers spent over a decade bitterly having a pop at him though. 

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

A fair few of those ex-players don’t think particularly highly of Stewart himself. Two other ex-managers of ours, if rumours are correct about a dressing room incident related to him being stripped of the captaincy. Neither of those former players/managers spent over a decade bitterly having a pop at him though. 

You are correct - Stewart is not popular with ex players however that does not stop others sharing many of his opinions on Levein.

20 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You are correct - Stewart is not popular with ex players however that does not stop others sharing many of his opinions on Levein.

Indeed. Just pointing out that his relentless obsession with him based on a grudge from a long time ago, does him little favours, especially when his former colleagues who think he himself is a ****ing tit, keep their lips buttoned.

Many of his criticisms of Levein are centred around personality rather than football. He is holding a grudge, and it dilutes any good points he may make.

Read these two articles, one from 2013 and the other from 2019:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/archives/news/77007/dictator-levein-wanted-robots/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4294133/michael-stewart-hearts-dictatorship-craig-levein/amp/

Do you not find the two articles strangely familiar, despite being written six years apart? The first one 11 years after Levein first signed him, and the second one 17 years after he signed him.

Levein has a manner about him that won’t be for everyone. You can extrapolate from those articles, that Stewart didn’t like his management style, and much of that stems from Levein not taking Stewart’s views onboard in the dressing room. In fact, he shows that he didn’t actually rate Levein as a manager when he was his gaffer. He says as much when he describes Csaba and Mowbray as the only good managers he’s had since SAF. Maybe if Stewart has just got over himself and listened to his manager at the time, then he would have enjoyed a similarly successful career to Hartley, or be able to write a piece like Souttar did. 

Seems like a personality clash to me, and if that’s the case then there has to be some fault on Levein’s part too. I remember reading an article that Jim Duffy wrote a few years ago, where he described an incident he had with Levein at a table when they were having a meal somewhere. I think it might have been some sort of sportsman’s dinner or whatever. Basically Levein wound Duffy up to the point where he lost the rag and wanted to fight with him. Levein then just smiled and took the sting out of it. Imagine being an easily wound up perma-angry state like Stewart and being on the end of that? He’d explode so badly they would be picking up singed red hair in Greenland and Indonesia afterwards.

Levein must be quite hard work for some types of personality, as he doesn’t just listen to other people’s opinions and then yield to them even if he thinks they are wrong. Stewart loves giving his opinion to anyone who will listen, and he sticks to his opinions like glue. That would be a bad combination for manager and player. 

Finlay James
4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Indeed. Just pointing out that his relentless obsession with him based on a grudge from a long time ago, does him little favours, especially when his former colleagues who think he himself is a ****ing , keep their lips tight.

Many of his criticisms of Levein are centred around personality rather than football. He is holding a grudge, and it dilutes any good points he may make.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/archives/news/77007/dictator-levein-wanted-robots/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4294133/michael-stewart-hearts-dictatorship-craig-levein/amp/

Do you not find the two articles strangely familiar, despite being written six years apart? The first one 11 years after Levein first signed him, and the second one 17 years after he signed him.

Levein has a manner about him that won’t be for everyone. You can extrapolate from those articles, that Stewart didn’t like his management style, and much of that stems from Levein not taking Stewart’s views onboard in the dressing room. Maybe if Stewart has just got over himself and listened to his manager at the time, then he would have enjoyed a similarly successful career to Hartley, or be able to write a piece like Souttar did. 

Seems like a personality clash to me, and if that’s the case then there has to be some fault on Levein’s part too. I remember reading an article that Jim Duffy wrote a few years ago, where he described an incident he had with Levein at a table when they were having a meal somewhere. I think it might have been some sort of sportsman’s dinner or whatever. Basically Levein wound Duffy up to the point where he lost the rag and wanted to fight with him. Levein then just smiled and took the sting out of it. Imagine being an easily wound up perma-angry state like Stewart and being on the end of that? He’d explode so badly they would be picking up singed red hair in Greenland and Indonesia afterwards.

Levein must be quite hard work for some types of personality, as he doesn’t just listen to other people’s opinions and then yield to them even if he thinks they are wrong. Stewart loves giving his opinion to anyone who will listen, and he sticks to his opinions like glue. That would be a bad combination for manager and player. 

Levein has been in football for four decades.  He's managed internationally and at the highest level in both Scotland and England.  His career speaks for itself.

Michael Stewart is a football nomad who only made roughly 200 appearances during his career.  Ask anyone in football about Michael Stewart and they will tell you he wasn't even a fraction as good as he told everyone he was.

In other words, he has absolutely no right to criticize Levein or anyone else for that matter.  He would not not where to begin in a job the magnitude that Levein has.

He is an oxygen thief. 

colinmaroon
30 minutes ago, john5698 said:

Oh dear, you need to give your obsession a break.

There are signs of severe Stewartism Syndrome and, if not dealt with  he could end up being incarcerated in the Sports Ward of the Biased Broadcasting Corporation, or worse the MSM Asylum for the Obsessive Compulsive Weegie Ward.

8 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Levein has been in football for four decades.  He's managed internationally and at the highest level in both Scotland and England.  His career speaks for itself.

Michael Stewart is a football nomad who only made roughly 200 appearances during his career.  Ask anyone in football about Michael Stewart and they will tell you he wasn't even a fraction as good as he told everyone he was.

In other words, he has absolutely no right to criticize Levein or anyone else for that matter.  He would not not where to begin in a job the magnitude that Levein has.

He is an oxygen thief. 

I’m trying to be as fair and balanced as I can. I avoided just laying out my own negative view of Stewart, but I think there’s a lot of truth in what you are saying too.

I think you can formulate a pretty clear picture of what has gone on between Stewart and Levein, by taking individual quotes from each of them, over the period.

Stewart didn’t rate Levein as a good manager. 

Stewart likes to give his opinions in the dressing room.

Stewart thought of himself as a very good footballer.

Stewart has his opinion ignored by Levein.

Levein was angry at Stewart for not doing what he told him to do in a European match.

Levein didn’t value Stewart’s opinion, nor rate him as highly as a player, as Stewart felt he should.

They parted on bad terms.

For the next thick-end of two decades, Stewart has carried that resentment and bitterness around with him, venting it every now and again in the press.

7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

There are signs of severe Stewartism Syndrome and, if not dealt with  he could end up being incarcerated in the Sports Ward of the Biased Broadcasting Corporation, or worse the MSM Asylum for the Obsessive Compulsive Weegie Ward.

Couldn't put it better myself colin?

Not sticking up for Stewart here but....if it was someone else's opinion of Levein and his tactics/style or whatever other than him, would they get as much stick as Stewart does?

Every pundit or media person has a different opinion on certain things about anything football related, as you see when pundits disagree with each other.

Whether Stewart and Levein dislike each other or not is irrelevant, all Stewart has done is pick out points that the fans themselves have asked.

I get that Stewart is self-opinionated and always has been. Always thinking he knows better than everyone else. He was a nightmare to manage from what's been said over various years including John Collins when he managed him at Hibs, and maybe if he wasn't so arrogant he would've been a far better player than he actually ended up. John Collins was an arrogant wee nyaff as well. If you get two people like that who have similar personalities then you are always going to get friction between them. Levein is also very similar from things I've read over the years, single-minded and always thinks he's right and too stubborn to back down. Personality clashes cause friction which, in turn, comes across as having a go at each other. It's life.

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Not sticking up for Stewart here but....if it was someone else's opinion of Levein and his tactics/style or whatever other than him, would they get as much stick as Stewart does?

Every pundit or media person has a different opinion on certain things about anything football related, as you see when pundits disagree with each other.

Whether Stewart and Levein dislike each other or not is irrelevant, all Stewart has done is pick out points that the fans themselves have asked.

I get that Stewart is self-opinionated and always has been. Always thinking he knows better than everyone else. He was a nightmare to manage from what's been said over various years including John Collins when he managed him at Hibs, and maybe if he wasn't so arrogant he would've been a far better player than he actually ended up. John Collins was an arrogant wee nyaff as well. If you get two people like that who have similar personalities then you are always going to get friction between them. Levein is also very similar from things I've read over the years, single-minded and always thinks he's right and too stubborn to back down. Personality clashes cause friction which, in turn, comes across as having a go at each other. It's life.

Well, yes. Quite. The point is though, it is Stewart’s bitter churlishness, that he enjoyed venting so much at Levein, that has made people not trust his opinion and motives. If he wanted people to listen, then he shouldn’t have been so arrogant and personal previously. If he stuck to debating results and performances, then folk would have listened more. He can’t help himself though. Has to always make it personal.

18 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Well, yes. Quite. The point is though, it is Stewart’s bitter churlishness, that he enjoyed venting so much at Levein, that has made people not trust his opinion and motives. If he wanted people to listen, then he shouldn’t have been so arrogant and personal previously. If he stuck to debating results and performances, then folk would have listened more. He can’t help himself though. Has to always make it personal.

quote..."If he wanted people to listen then he shouldn't have been so arrogant and personal previously"

Yes, but that's his own personality, and not just against Craig, it's the way he is.

I agree to an extent, I get that but, I look at the bigger picture and maybe some others should too, and what Stewart has said isn't any different to what fans on here, the pub, at home, inside Tynie etc have said. We as fans have questioned the tactics, style, philosophy and looked for performance level improvement as well. It's just that we don't have the media profile he [Stewart] has to do it. Taking out his dislike for Levein (and vice versa) and the points he made are still valid regardless. Nothing would be better than Levein proving him wrong of course but questions will be asked yet again if there's no marked improvement in results/league positions this time next year. Whether that's by Stewart or anyone else that does or doesn't like Levein is irrelevant. But I know what you mean, overall.

Edited by jambonian

i wish jj was my dad
30 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I tried to debate  this point with Mikey41 on here. You have nailed it better than I did.

12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I agree to an extent, I get that but, I look at the bigger picture and maybe some others should too, and what Stewart has said isn't any different to what fans on here, the pub, at home, inside Tynie etc have said. We as fans have questioned the tactics, style, philosophy and looked for performance level improvement as well. It's just that we don't have the media profile he [Stewart] has to do it. Taking out his dislike for Levein (and vice versa) and the points he made are still valid regardless. Nothing would be better than Levein proving him wrong of course but questions will be asked yet again if there's no marked improvement in results/league positions this time next year. Whether that's by Stewart or anyone else that does or doesn't like Levein is irrelevant. But I know what you mean, overall.

When you strip out all the personal stuff and bitterness, you are left with what we discuss and debate on here frequently. Results and style/performances. He’d get an easier ride and have his opinions listened to more, if he stuck to that. Although to be honest, he’d still struggle because of his previous comments and attitude. It’s his own fault that people disregard him as an unreliable commentator.

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Indeed. Just pointing out that his relentless obsession with him based on a grudge from a long time ago, does him little favours, especially when his former colleagues who think he himself is a ****ing tit, keep their lips buttoned.

Levein has a manner about him that won’t be for everyone. You can extrapolate from those articles, that Stewart didn’t like his management style, and much of that stems from Levein not taking Stewart’s views onboard in the dressing room. In fact, he shows that he didn’t actually rate Levein as a manager when he was his gaffer. He says as much when he describes Csaba and Mowbray as the only good managers he’s had since SAF. Maybe if Stewart has just got over himself and listened to his manager at the time, then he would have enjoyed a similarly successful career to Hartley, or be able to write a piece like Souttar did. 

Yes I totally agree that Stewart is a dick with an agenda. My point is that many Hearts fans and various ex players agree with many points Stewart made about Levein and our teams poor performances this season.

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes I totally agree that Stewart is a dick with an agenda. My point is that many Hearts fans and various ex players agree with many points Stewart made about Levein and our teams poor performances this season.

Okay. Get the articles posted and we can debate them. ?

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

He is an oxygen thief. 

Leveins career does speak for itself.  He was a disaster at Leicester and Scotland, and the sad fact is he has won nothing as a player or Manager. I would love for that to have changed last Saturday.

If you say Stewart has no right to criticise Levein and our performances this season - then are you saying Hearts fans who have never played at a top level also have no right to do likewise????

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Okay. Get the articles posted and we can debate them. ?

What “articles”??

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What “articles”??

Where these ex players agree with Stewart’s appraisals of Levein.

Finlay James
14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Leveins career does speak for itself.  He was a disaster at Leicester and Scotland, and the sad fact is he has won nothing as a player or Manager. I would love for that to have changed last Saturday.

If you say Stewart has no right to criticise Levein and our performances this season - then are you saying Hearts fans who have never played at a top level also have no right to do likewise????

No, were all entitled to an opinion but we all need to be prepared to be challenged by those who know more than we do.

Michael Stewart makes some correct observations but they're no different to what we all see.  The problem, is that he openly admits to disliking Levein and that immediately puts his opinion as than less objective.  Leveins career may not be all roses but Michael Stewart's doesn't even come close to comparing with that.  He talks like he is an authority opinion when in reality, he is far from it.  

The reason the club pay him no notice when when he provokes them is because he is nothing but a bag of hot air looking for attention.  I'll take Leveins opinion all day long over Stewart's.

Ueveryone has a right to an opinion however it has more credence when the person having a go has in fact been in the position of the person being criticized. In MS case he could not even manage to stay on the park when he was a hearts player. HE could not manage to kick an unappposed water bottle up a tunnel. He cannot manage to restrain himself from having a go all the time about CL borne out of pure jealousy that he was not half the player Levein was . He is an arrogant tosser who failed at MAn Utd Fail d at Hearts and is now failing as a pundit by continuously throwing his toys out the pram. at every opportunity. I am not a lover of Craig Sutton but thought it hilarious when he bated him about not smiling after one of the games where hearts played well and asked why MS was not congratulating CL. And what was the tosses reply to CS you were too busy eating your pie at half time wow what a comeback not.

Edited by NEWSTAND

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Where these ex players agree with Stewart’s appraisals of Levein.

I’m not relying on articles - I’m referring to conversations I have had with ex Hearts players when I regularly attend the Gorgie Suite, and with other players and an ex Manager I know socially.

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

No, were all entitled to an opinion but we all need to be prepared to be challenged by those who know more than we do.

Michael Stewart makes some correct observations but they're no different to what we all see.  The problem, is that he openly admits to disliking Levein and that immediately puts his opinion as than less objective.  Leveins career may not be all roses but Michael Stewart's doesn't even come close to comparing with that.  He talks like he is an authority opinion when in reality, he is far from it.  

The reason the club pay him no notice when when he provokes them is because he is nothing but a bag of hot air looking for attention.  I'll take Leveins opinion all day long over Stewart's.

You say Stewart made some correct observations - good we agree on that.

By the way Levein took notice - he complained to the BBC about Stewart’s comments previously.

Edited by Thomaso

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m not relying on articles - I’m referring to conversations I have had with ex Hearts players when I regularly attend the Gorgie Suite, and with other players and an ex Manager I know socially.

Oh right. Anecdotal stuff then? Oh well, shame. You’ll forgive me a little skepticism after some of the insinuations that have been flung around here in the past. His relationship with Budge etc.

Sounds like sweetie wifey stuff in all honesty. ?

30 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Oh right. Anecdotal stuff then? Oh well, shame. You’ll forgive me a little skepticism after some of the insinuations that have been flung around here in the past. His relationship with Budge etc.

Sounds like sweetie wifey stuff in all honesty. ?

Why are you throwing in the Budge sleezy stuff - a bit cheap to try to win a point!

None of the ex players or Manager I spoke to mentioned any of that shit and I have never made any of the insinuations you refer to.

I fully expected you to be sceptical as you can’t accept others opinions on Levein that differs from your own.

As for your “anecdotal stuff” comment, you seem to be inferring I am lying regarding these conversations - if that’s how you wish to pigeon hole it bash on.

Edited by Thomaso

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why are you throwing in the Budge sleezy stuff - a bit cheap to try to win a point!

None of the ex players or Manager I spoke to mentioned any of that shit and I have never made any of the insinuations you refer to.

I fully expected you to be sceptical as you can’t accept others opinions on Levein that differs from your own.

As for your “anecdotal stuff” comment, you seem to be inferring I am lying regarding these conversations - if that’s how you wish to pigeon hole it bash on.

I’m throwing that in, because it was word of mouth sweetie-wife bullshit, that originated from hint-hint nudge-nudge anecdotal arseholery being posted on here.

As for the rest, can you stop chucking the paranoid victim card around please? I have not accused you of anything. Give it a rest and man up.

I have posted several examples of my ability to have an adult debate over different opinion on here today. Please refrain from trying to project on to me, thanks. ?

1 hour ago, NEWSTAND said:

Ueveryone has a right to an opinion however it has more credence when the person having a go has in fact been in the position of the person being criticized. In MS case he could not even manage to stay on the park when he was a hearts player. HE could not manage to kick an unappposed water bottle up a tunnel. He cannot manage to restrain himself from having a go all the time about CL borne out of pure jealousy that he was not half the player Levein was . He is an arrogant tosser who failed at MAn Utd Fail d at Hearts and is now failing as a pundit by continuously throwing his toys out the pram. at every opportunity. I am not a lover of Craig Sutton but thought it hilarious when he bated him about not smiling after one of the games where hearts played well and asked why MS was not congratulating CL. And what was the tosses reply to CS you were too busy eating your pie at half time wow what a comeback not.

Don't  recall Stewart ever punching any of his team mates during a game though do you? Incidentally it's Chris Sutton I believe you are referring to.

The reason why he gives his opinion is because like it or not the guy is a paid TV pundit for the various organisations and they sure like a bit of controversy as it helps their viewing figures.

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I’m throwing that in, because it was word of mouth sweetie-wife bullshit, that originated from hint-hint nudge-nudge anecdotal arseholery being posted on here.

As for the rest, can you stop chucking the paranoid victim card around please? I have not accused you of anything. Give it a rest and man up.

I have posted several examples of my ability to have an adult debate over different opinion on here today. Please refrain from trying to project on to me, thanks. ?

I told you I have had lengthy conversations with ex Hearts players and an ex Manager who share some of Stewart’s more constructive criticism of Levein - you inferred this was “sweetie wife bullshit”.

Not very “adult” if you ask me!

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I told you I have had lengthy conversations with ex Hearts players and an ex Manager who share some of Stewart’s more constructive criticism of Levein - you inferred this was “sweetie wife bullshit”.

It is sweetie wife stuff though. Gossip behind a person’s back. That’s the very definition of being a sweetie wife.

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It is sweetie wife stuff though. Gossip behind a person’s back. That’s the very definition of being a sweetie wife.

The opinions of ex Hearts players and a very successful ex Manager on the current performance of our team and Manager is “sweetie wife” stuff????? ?

The opinions of ex Hearts players and a very successful ex Manager on the current performance of our team and Manager is “sweetie wife” stuff????? ?

If it’s relayed to the boy who fitted the windows in the new stand after a couple of bevvies, and not said to the manager’s face, then yes. Yes it is.

Alex Kintner
31 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Is this your way of telling us you bumped into John McGlynn in a clothing shop and hit it off based on your shared fashion sense? ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Is this your way of telling us you bumped into John McGlynn in a clothing shop and hit it off based on your shared fashion sense? ??‍♂️

??

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Interesting that you mention McGlynn. Brought in by JJ, I think? 

28 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

If it’s relayed to the boy who fitted the windows in the new stand after a couple of bevvies, and not said to the manager’s face, then yes. Yes it is.

“Boy”???? Now you’re going too far......

Interesting that you mention McGlynn. Brought in by JJ, I think? 

Not as a Manager...

“Boy”???? Now you’re going too far......

Steady, Thomaso. Just an Edinburgh colloquialism. ?

Not as a Manager...

Well, aye. I assumed that was obvious and clearly implied. ?

6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I said “a very successful ex manager”!

Well, aye. I assumed that was obvious and clearly implied. ?

With you I never know ?

stranraer-jambo

Stewart has the right to give his views on Levein and Hearts through his role as an 'expert'. 

What is patently obvious is his utter disdain of Levein which blinkers his objectivity and rationalism when making points, some of them pertinent. 

His does not have this same hate campaign and vitriol with other clubs or managers, many of whom have had relatively poor seasons. They get an easier ride from him when they should be challenged more and scrutinised. 

This makes him a poor 'expert' on Scottish football due to his inconsistency. 

Here’s a thing. Opinion on Levein is clearly quite polar and split amongst pros and former pros in the game. Can anyone provide any links to pros or former pros saying good things about Stewart?

26 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

With you I never know ?

Really? When have I said anything that would imply I was thick enough to think there was a period of time when our former player, Captain and manager was in a position to employ John McGlynn as Hearts manager?

6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Pretty sure you are well aware of his families position on it and his stubbornness and determination to bring success to Hearts. Along with the ridiculous hours he devotes to trying to do that. 

There is “bottle” required , to put yourself in a firing line where really the only sure fire thing is you will be booed or fired at some point. Very few managers ever escape either of those things. To do that in a public place with no real escape due to the smallness of the country the size of the club and the nature of the media , pundits , critics and supporters takes something that people in most normal jobs don’t need to have.