Djoum - final talks

NB GIN

Can’t see this being resolved think he is looking for a big wage .... hopefully something materialises out of this great player and hope he stays 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• IveSeenTheLight

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mr Elwood P

joondalupjambo

At his age one big, three contract would be good for him, take him up until he is 33 I think.  It could be that we only want to offer two maybe, no idea but I can see why he needs to think hard about this one.  He is a keeper for me but if we cannot afford him then we just have to move on and find a cheaper replacement I guess.

Howdy Doody Jambo

He isn't a great player, rather he went and created a pathway for Harry Cochrane, Irving, Smith  etc from the academy to develop 

Djoum isn't going to make us better or improve us anymore 

I really like Djoum but if he moves on so be it. We need to freshen up squad particularly midfield but if he re-signs, fab. Some players will need to move on to free up squad spaces 

1874Gorgie1874

Would rather keep him but if he’s taking this long to sign it’s better just letting him go

Jambof3tornado

Not sure what wage he is on or looking for but I wouldnt break the bank. Be interesting to see where he ends up.

I certainly wouldnt want it dragging on for weeks.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If we want to continue to improve, we need to keep our best players, and if you don't think Djoum is one of those, not really sure what you are watching. Celtics strength is their midfield, they were swamped by our 3 on Saturday.

Djoum, Haring and a creative midfielder, stick in a winger, Naismith back, you have an excellent unit developing.

Dave McCreery's knee
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

If we want to continue to improve, we need to keep our best players, and if you don't think Djoum is one of those, not really sure what you are watching. Celtics strength is their midfield, they were swamped by our 3 on Saturday.

Djoum, Haring and a creative midfielder, stick in a winger, Naismith back, you have an excellent unit developing.

100%. 

1 hour ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Would rather keep him but if he’s taking this long to sign it’s better just letting him go

Hopefully no one at the club applies similar logic to Naismith! 

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just think we need more ‘legs’ in midfield.  A midfielder who’s physical ability and mentality is to break forward. 

Haring, Djoum and the others are very similar in mentality. They tend to sit in, play in front of their marker instead of running behind. 

The goal on Saturday is exactly where I want to see Djoum far more often during a game, but it’s quite rare in all honesty.  

Said it before that I accept injuries have affected him and I don’t expect what we got from him 2,3 years ago.  That’s where the management come in. 

Edited by Debut 4

StevenNaismith

He is looking for double what we are paying him just now. Won’t happen and Aberdeen have offered him more than what we have.

Jamboscanbevicius

I think he will stay. Not ITK. Just reading his comments and like many he seems to love it here ? 

Of course money talks and his agent may have more from elsewhere. I don’t think CL will get into a bidding war with agents though. 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

?

1 hour ago, Old Castle Rock said:

He isn't a great player, rather he went and created a pathway for Harry Cochrane, Irving, Smith  etc from the academy to develop 

Djoum isn't going to make us better or improve us anymore 

None of them are anywhere near Djoum's level yet.

For me -

New GK

Souttar

Halkett

Haring

Djoum

Naismith

Is a great spine and you compliment it with a couple of signings and the fantastic young players coming through.

I’d keep him definitely.

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Yeah he will be the type of player you realise how good he is when he goes, that being said he can be very inconsistent, some games virtually anonymous, next game MOTM.  I would like to see him stay on a one year deal, if he goes to Aberdeen it will be for a lengthy time on inflated wages so they are welcome to him.

Der Kaiser

It's a no for me.

Personally I feel I've seen too many below par performances than good ones. Plenty time to adapt to Scottish football and don't feel it's clicked.

I'd pick Haring, Naismith and even Bozanic before him.

Thank you, all the best, ta ta.....

hearts related nickname

He's good but he gives the ball away too often. Time for an upgrade  We struggle for creativity from central midfield, let him go and use the cash for a more creative player.

Give him until Friday to accept.

If he doesn't sign we move on.  He won't be much of a miss.  I've always thought he was a "nearly player" - threatened more than he delivered.

Haring and Djoum are comfortably our best players in midfield. I'd rather keep Djoum and free up space in midfield by trying to move on Lee, Bozanic and Edwards so that our young players can progress into the first team. Other than our obvious issues recruiting left sided players we have too many very ordinary midfielders.

Phil Dunphy

A very good player who didn’t turn it on quite enough for me. When he played well, we played well. 

I think he’ll go. And he'll go with my best wishes when he does. 

SuperstarSteve

One of my best mates nephew is at the same nursery as his lad and he has left so my money is he’s no accepting any contract offer. 

The issue for Hearts is knowing so we can look for a replacement though I do accept Cochrane and Irving are already here. 

I thought Lee played his best football before Djoum came back from injury as well. 

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Same rules apply to Naismith?

A_A wehatethehibs

I am just fed up of watching Djoum. He has had his ups and downs at Hearts but over the piece he has done OK and been involved in some big wins, no hard feelings I’ll wish him all the best.

Hearts need to try a different approach in midfield, we need freshness with more ball players. Djoum has no quality on the ball and offers no threat on the opposition goal. We have Haring to do the defensive job and we can quite easily sign one of the 100s of “combative” Scottish midfielders out there to deputise, or maybe Edwards is now developed enough to be ready to step in. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Djoum's level then good 

He has had about 3 decent games all season very average 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Djoum's level then good 

He has had about 3 decent games all season very average 

Average compared to who?

Rocky jamboa

I'd prefer he stayed than went, as he's one of our best players, ON HIS DAY! however, wouldn't break the bank for him. Not sure he always gives 100%. Think he is holding out to see if any better offers come up and using us as a fall back. 

Hopefully they can reach agreement. The fact that talks are wanted by both sides suggests that a deal might be possible even now. With another quality (attack minded) midfielder, a striker and a winger our outfield is sorted.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

We need a goalscoring striker to add to that.

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

I don't mind Djoum. But if Aberdeen are reportedly willing to offer him 6k a week...I'm happy to let him go. I'd not want us to be making him amongst the club's highest earners. (Berra, Naismith...Martin...)

There are a multitude of players in the summer who would be worth paying that, or close to it, and justify that type of money. Djoum, imho, isn't one of those. 

Agree

And Cochrane and Irving could come in and really kick on 

I'd happily keep him but he's not a superstar so not worth paying a lot for. I've no idea what a normal pay rise is for somebody like him but that would be the limit.

Cruyff Turn

Good if we keep him. He’s one of our best players and will be difficult to replace. 

He’s been a good player for us and unlucky with injuries. I’d be sad to see him go.

Not worth 6k a week though. If Aberdeen are offering that then good luck to him. 

He's talked about moving on from Hearts since the minute he came in the door. A good player but if its holding up our summer transfer plans then we need to move on from him. Confident Cochrane/Smith can step into the role next year.

gashauskis9
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Nails it ?

old school tie

He could have signed a pre-contract in January. Nobody came a calling. That tells you all you need to know.

He's decent when he's on his game but far too consistent.

Certainly not worth breaking the bank for.

If he goes it should provide Cochrane and Irving more opportunities.  I'm all for that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If he lines up in an Aberdeen shirt next season, I believe we have gifted them on a plate, a huge advantage. Careful what you wish for here. Aberdeen get overran in midfield, quite often by us and especially at Tynceastle.

Why they want him, its all very well having flowery players, but they need the steel and the legs. Djoum absolutely is our most mobile midfielder. If its not us, I really hope its not in Scotland.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If he lines up in an Aberdeen shirt next season, I believe we have gifted them on a plate, a huge advantage. Careful what you wish for here. Aberdeen get overran in midfield, quite often by us and especially at Tynceastle.

Why they want him, its all very well having flowery players, but they need the steel and the legs. Djoum absolutely is our most mobile midfielder. If its not us, I really hope its not in Scotland.

:spoton:

1874Gorgie1874
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Same rules apply to Naismith?

Completely different. Naismith is basically a done deal  while djoum is basically putting all our centre mid transfer activity on hold and is most likely wanting too high a wage 

2 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

One of my best mates nephew is at the same nursery as his lad and he has left so my money is he’s no accepting any contract offer. 

My nephew also went there and he is going into P1and sure his kid was the same age

Uncle Buck

Still mystifies me that some folk don’t like him. He’s brilliant and has been one of our top performers this season.

We’ll be a worse team without him. Need to find a good replacement.

Uncle Buck
1 hour ago, old school tie said:

He could have signed a pre-contract in January. Nobody came a calling. That tells you all you need to know.

Naismith must be shite too then.

BangkokHearts

Didn't we start losing as soon as he came back in the side?