Levein In!

R08813

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A lot of words to prevaricate. I would say Robinson and Holt outperformed him for starters. Had you heard of Robinson? Would Holt even merit consideration on here? The point being is that we are quick to denigrate others as not being suitable for HMFC, forgetting of course that Craig Levein was originally appointed after a couple of months at Cowdenbeath but hailed because he was a fantastic player for us.

Robinson, possibly. 

Holt, yes.  Forgot about him. 

Holt and Clarke 100% definitely. 

The rest are debatable. 

I think Aberdeen, celtic, Killie, Livingston will have a bit trepidation on what is happening over the summer. 

Hibs hopeful. 

Us hopeful. 

Rangers hopeful

Motherwell / st Johnstone, possibly hopeful. 

It's not all about the lag measures. It's also about the lead measures. 

New stand--benefits coming. 

Key players signed extensions. 

Youth starting to make an impact 

Decent business in Halkett already

Hope from getting to our first final. 

Maybe get some breaks from injuries? 

As I say, if we had an outstanding replacement lined up, then great. 

If it's just another punt, then I'd stick. Not all is bad. 

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phil Dunphy

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• soonbe110

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I’m not worried. We will be a better side next season by a distance. I have no doubts about that.

Based on what??

40 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What are/were the respective (playing) budgets?

Questions questions questions, are you JiH in disguise?

Edited by HMFC 86

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, dougal said:

Based on what??

We’ll sign 4 quality players.

We’ll sign Naisy.

We’ve got quality youths coming through. 

We won’t be as badly affected by injuries.

Current squad are more experienced and will improve. 

And....

We can’t get any worse.

We will be much better next season without a doubt. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We’ll sign Naisy.

And....

We can’t get any worse.

I really hope you're right, but I have serious doubts tbh.

2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Questions questions questions, are you JiH in disguise?

So you haven't a clue.

You mentioned the budgets but don't know what you're talking about.

No change there, then

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We’ll sign Naisy.

And....

We can’t get any worse.

Agree 100%

plus a lot less disruption with only a few incoming.  

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So you haven't a clue.

You mentioned the budgets but don't know what you're talking about.

No change there, then

You were asking someone else. I just saw your usual pish and posted my response

Edited by HMFC 86

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, dougal said:

League wise we will be much better. 

Style of play is the main issue that needs addressed. 

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

You were asking someone else. I just saw your usual pish and posted my response

And that was your usual pish!

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, dougal said:

What part(s) are seriously doubtful. 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

And that was your usual pish!

Clever response Albert, bedtime for you, get your Hearts jammies on

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Clever response Albert, bedtime for you, get your Hearts jammies on

A typical attempt at demeaning a different opinion from an ignoramus.

Further pish from a small brain.

Spellczech
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Given the chance to show what they can do all they player played fantastic and I’m the biggest eater of humble pie over Mulraney (although defences will learn to try and stop him) Haring has to come off because he was goosed.  Where was they performances all through the winter when injuries got blamed? I’ll take it though if we learn and we improve and I’ve confidence we will. 

There are only two ways to stop raw pace - comparable pace or fouling...a winger with pace needs to be able to cross a ball though, and it looks like Mulraney can.

Edited by Spellczech

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

A typical attempt at demeaning a different opinion from an ignoramus.

Further pish from a small brain.

Trying to take the holier than thou position while throwing in your own insults. You are fecking pathetic

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

There are only two ways to stop raw pace - comparable pace or fouling...a winger with pace needs to be able to cross a ball though, and it looks like Mulraney can.

I agree with what you say.

Do you think it would have been better to employ Mulraney more in a "through the middle role"?

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Trying to take the holier than thou position while throwing in your own insults. You are fecking pathetic

Whats holier than thou about telling someone to get their Hearts jammies on?

That's kindergarten stuff.

Mummy should have tucked you in bed by now for school tomorrow

Goodnight baby boy.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Goodnight baby boy.

I’ll leave it there, you seem to struggle to understand simple concepts

Inch Hearts
23 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

They can stop a player turning onto his natural crossing foot.  Mulraney has it though and comparison to Raith away when his crosses went in the water behind the goals almost is incredible.

Inch Hearts
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Goodnight baby boy.

And I get launched off threads mods aye? This joker just goes about asking random questions and sends abuse.  

37 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

What part(s) are seriously doubtful. 

The signing of 4 quality players. I'm not saying that we'll not sign four players but the chances of them being quality is not high. Let's be honest how many players has Levein signed since being the manager?? And how many of them can legitimately be classed as quality?? The fans have a tendency to go overboard when a player signs especially one we've not really heard about and claim that we've somehow signed a world beater, Vanacek being the most recent and we've seen how that has gone so far.

It's no guarantee that Naismith will sign. Especially if the rumours of Rangers being interested in him are true or that he is attracting interest in the States.

I'd like to think that we wouldn't be as unlucky with injuries next season as we have been this season, but who can say?? What if the injuries are linked in some way to what happens during the week at training?? I'm not saying they are but there could be something there, could there not?? Maybe that would explain why we seemed to have much worse injury problems than other teams.

Over the last two years while we've seen an improvement in our Cup runs we're not any further forward with our league position and our performances since November, Saturday aside, do not fill me with confidence that we will improve or that Levein can make us improve.

So those are the points that I have concerns with.

I agree that we do have some exciting youngsters coming through and that we as a team will be more experienced but can i honestly say we won't be as bad as we were this season? No, I can't. I really really hope I'm wrong and we improve massively but I'm not going to hold my breath that's for sure.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, dougal said:

The signing of 4 quality players. I'm not saying that we'll not sign four players but the chances of them being quality is not high. Let's be honest how many players has Levein signed since being the manager?? And how many of them can legitimately be classed as quality?? The fans have a tendency to go overboard when a player signs especially one we've not really heard about and claim that we've somehow signed a world beater, Vanacek being the most recent and we've seen how that has gone so far.

It's no guarantee that Naismith will sign. Especially if the rumours of Rangers being interested in him are true or that he is attracting interest in the States.

I'd like to think that we wouldn't be as unlucky with injuries next season as we have been this season, but who can say?? What if the injuries are linked in some way to what happens during the week at training?? I'm not saying they are but there could be something there, could there not?? Maybe that would explain why we seemed to have much worse injury problems than other teams.

Over the last two years while we've seen an improvement in our Cup runs we're not any further forward with our league position and our performances since November, Saturday aside, do not fill me with confidence that we will improve or that Levein can make us improve.

I agree that we do have some exciting youngsters coming through and that we as a team will be more experienced but can i honestly say we won't be as bad as we were this season? No, I can't. I really really hope I'm wrong and we improve massively but I'm not going to hold my breath that's for sure.

So you're ignoring all the information coming from the club and giving into your fears, fair enough. 

Time will tell. 

Try not to worry too much, tho. 

11 minutes ago, dougal said:

Say what????

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

So, Mr Levein is staying on then, excellent stuff.

:yas:

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Say what????

Anybody following Hearts news would know that is pish.

6 hours ago, sadj said:

Say what????

I work beside Alex McLeish's nephew and he's been right with a few things recently. He told me that Lafferty was being targeted at that the start of the season before anything was mentioned on here or in the papers. Also said that Rangers were interested in Naismith a few weeks ago but also that he'd been contacted by clubs in the States. I know that he's getting a house built near Stewarton as his wife wants to come back north but she is also amenable to a move to the US. The last couple of things he's mentioned have been spot on, mainly Rangers related hence why I've not mentioned them on here. Might be true, might not.

This must be a wind-up this thread.

players try hard in a cup final and the manager deserves to stay for that?? 

Ridiculous.

At the tail end of a 5 year plan and we had to start a scottish cup final with a 16 year old at LB who done fantastic btw and a 36 year old upfront.

7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

So you're ignoring all the information coming from the club and giving into your fears, fair enough. 

Time will tell. 

Try not to worry too much, tho. 

I'm not ignoring it, but past signings have been more miss than hit so suggesting that we'll sign 4 players who will all be of quality I think is a bit of a stretch. If it is the case then great but why haven't the majority of our signings been quality since Levein took charge. How come there's going to be 4 quality players coming in for next season. Why didn't we sign 4/5/6 quality players last year?? Truth is until we see the players play we won't know. But previous signings suggest if we sign 4 players we may get one good player out of that.

Spellczech
8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I agree with what you say.

Do you think it would have been better to employ Mulraney more in a "through the middle role"?

I'd give him a bit of freedom just to keep the entire back 4 nervous and pinned back. We need a midfielder who can find him to feet though.

bringonthesevco

No top flight wins since March .

We failed to beat 9 of the 11 teams in the league last time we played them .

We play football that makes your eyes bleed..

Levein In - not for me .....

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, dougal said:

I'm not ignoring it, but past signings have been more miss than hit so suggesting that we'll sign 4 players who will all be of quality I think is a bit of a stretch. If it is the case then great but why haven't the majority of our signings been quality since Levein took charge. How come there's going to be 4 quality players coming in for next season. Why didn't we sign 4/5/6 quality players last year?? Truth is until we see the players play we won't know. But previous signings suggest if we sign 4 players we may get one good player out of that.

Nah, your logic is flawed. 

If we are going for more focused signings then the hit rate should be higher. 

We shed about 20 players last season and Brought in about 18/19.

That was first team, squad and development players. 

There was a few gambles in there, purposely. We cannot afford 18 naismiths. 

If we are signing less with the purpose of improving our first team then we will sign better quality as there will be less gambles. 

Every player is a risk, but if you sign less with a more focused purpose it is less of a risk. 

If we changed manager we'd likley see more changes then the risk factor increases again. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

My worst fears are being realised here, we didn't win the cup and yet still momentum is changing within our fans for Levein to stay.  

7 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

My worst fears are being realised here, we didn't win the cup and yet still momentum is changing within our fans for Levein to stay.  

Correct.

Saturday was a lot better than we thought it was going to be however the game plan to stop Celtic playing will not work against the likes of St Mirren, Livingston and Hamilton. We are at our worst when we have the ball and I can’t see that changing. 

4 quality signings? Fingers crossed but we’ll have to wait and see.

13 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Are these the same people that regularly shout abuse at the team when we play one dimensional hoofball against the likes of Motherwell, Livi, St Johnstone and St Midden. Games at home since the start of the year have been dire and those who back CL always shout the same tune. Injuries, 4 new players, wait till next season- blah blah.

36 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah, your logic is flawed. 

If we are going for more focused signings then the hit rate should be higher. 

We shed about 20 players last season and Brought in about 18/19.

That was first team, squad and development players. 

There was a few gambles in there, purposely. We cannot afford 18 naismiths. 

If we are signing less with the purpose of improving our first team then we will sign better quality as there will be less gambles. 

Every player is a risk, but if you sign less with a more focused purpose it is less of a risk. 

If we changed manager we'd likley see more changes then the risk factor increases again. 

I hope you're right with your assessment. Time will tell.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, dougal said:

I hope you're right with your assessment. Time will tell.

It’s doubtful, we only got rid of ten players last season. Levein has signed 29 players and only Naismith/McLaughlin/Haring/Dunne and maybe Uche have been class. Halkett looks good though and White who knows ??‍♂️.

Edited by Pasquale for King

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A lot of words to prevaricate. I would say Robinson and Holt outperformed him for starters. Had you heard of Robinson? Would Holt even merit consideration on here? The point being is that we are quick to denigrate others as not being suitable for HMFC, forgetting of course that Craig Levein was originally appointed after a couple of months at Cowdenbeath but hailed because he was a fantastic player for us.

But Tommy Wright didn't.

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A semi-final and a final count for a lot Geoff. Not just about league position. 

Interesting interview with Souter in today’s Scotsman. Asks the question - do I listen to Souter views on Levein or do I listen to the ‘football experts’ on here? 

Need to think about it. 

57 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

No top flight wins since March .

We failed to beat 9 of the 11 teams in the league last time we played them .

We play football that makes your eyes bleed..

Levein In - not for me .....

He has his fanboys. Blind loyalty based on the fact he was a decent centre half. 

Levein has many faults but the players genuinely seem to like him and want to play for him. For this reason I am prepared to give hom another season but top 4 is a MUST for next year.

13 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

Levein has many faults but the players genuinely seem to like him and want to play for him. For this reason I am prepared to give hom another season but top 4 is a MUST for next year.

Agree and guys like Naismith wouldn't be here if he wasn't. Some folk need to seriously think about why they follow HMFC as they spew out negativity week in week out both online and on the terraces. Embarrassing !

i wish jj was my dad
18 minutes ago, Hercules said:

He has his fanboys. Blind loyalty based on the fact he was a decent centre half. 

A 'decent' centre half. Deary me:jj_facepalm:

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pressing can be done by any team, we do it quite well don’t we, that’s probably why you didn’t answer me and just had a wee bitch with this ***** instead. Battling for 2nd place, we were three points behind Hibs for 5 games and he experimented in them all.

No, you're the one bitching and using revisionism and extreme comparisons to back up your entrenched position. Of course our coaching team will use specific examples when trying to get a point across but watching Ronaldo on youtube won't turn Wighton into a £20 million-rated striker! 

And my point stands, if battling for 2nd place was deemed poor enough to berate the manager publically, then I doubt any manager will please some people. 

Levein is going nowhere, you might as well accept that and stop wasting energy needling other people simply because you aren't getting your way.  

AlphonseCapone
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do you not think watching the best players and emulating them is a good idea? I know for

a fact our coaches ask the video analysis team for clips of famous players to help them learn.

You can't honestly believe it's that simple. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

No, you're the one bitching and using revisionism and extreme comparisons to back up your entrenched position. Of course our coaching team will use specific examples when trying to get a point across but watching Ronaldo on youtube won't turn Wighton into a £20 million-rated striker! 

And my point stands, if battling for 2nd place was deemed poor enough to berate the manager publically, then I doubt any manager will please some people. 

Levein is going nowhere, you might as well accept that and stop wasting energy needling other people simply because you aren't getting your way.  

Don’t ever tell me what to do ok. I will do what a please when you when I please and there’s nothing you or any of you deluded fan boys and girls can do about it. You can now join your pals on ignore ????.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t ever tell me what to do ok. I will do what a please when you when I please and there’s nothing you or any of you deluded fan boys and girls can do about it. You can now join your pals on ignore ????.

So why do you try to tell Budge, Levein and many on here what to do?Double standards and hypocrisy of the highest order it seems. Just about sums you up. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

You can't honestly believe it's that simple. 

I’m not sure how many times I have to say that watching people do anything well can help you to emulate them, that’s why football coaches do it. They do it for a reason, I’m only telling you lot what they do, I didn’t invent it but from my own experience watching professional golfers helped me play better. I didn’t become Tiger Woods but it definitely helped. When you have blistering pace and are faster than your opposite number, playing it past them and chasing it is something most do and Mulraney rarely does. Is that so hard to comprehend?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

So why do you try to tell Budge, Levein and many on here what to do?Double standards and hypocrisy of the highest order it seems. Just about sums you up. 

I didn’t say I wasn’t a hypocrite. It’s not real life it’s a football forum.

• davemclaren locked this topic