Tony Blair and our football.

skwif1

SpruceBringsteen

I'd jack it in tbh. Why in ****s name would I want to see Hearts play Mansfield and Bury?

"BUZZING FOR SATURDAY'S TRIP TO FLEETWOOD, LADS" :lol:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts_fan

• Smoked-Glass

• Unknown user

• upgotheheads

Craig Herbertson

A little bit of me would like Hearts to be the only club to sneakily get accepted into the EPL just to annoy the ugly sisters. Realistically, I would very much like Blair to go away. I believe he claimed to be a Newcastle fan during some stage managed head tennis while touting for head of the FA. 

15 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I'd jack it in tbh. Why in ****s name would I want to see Hearts play Mansfield and Bury?

"BUZZING FOR SATURDAY'S TRIP TO FLEETWOOD, LADS" :lol:

Places would book up fast on the minibus to Plymouth.

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

I don't think I've ever seen him play like that before.

I don't think anyone has.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Aye but when we are at Grimsby the hibs will still be in Portobelly:)

12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Blair is actually beyond parody these days. 

No he is not.

It's a constant reminder of the inoffensive doing most harm.

Independence
3 hours ago, skwif1 said:

I was under the idea that if the leagues were to merge Scotland would no longer be able to field a National side, and we would need to become GB or UK United.

Correct but maybe that's what the Scots want? Or do we still want some identity but not too much? too confusing.

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

I don't think I've ever seen him play like that before.

It was really disconcerting wasn’t it! Character of the boy to suck it up and improve 2nd half though 

Independence
48 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Don't listen that clown.   Hard brexit is the way forward. 

Vote for the brexit party in May. 

Jeez you are out of step with your fellow country men and women!

Tynecastlesmychurch

The only thing I want from English football is a bit of the money they get. Other than that I see no appeal in potentially being marooned in league 1 or in relegation dog fights in the championship.

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, skwif1 said:

In the Hootsman,

"Tony Blair has warned that a hard Brexit could push Scottish independence ‘over the line’, as he suggested merging the English and Scottish football leagues in a bid to keep the union alive."

Dont want a Brexit thread but what about a merger of the leagues, OR is he just pandering to the UGLY SISTERS, OR trying to frighten the Sassenach's to scare them??

It honestly surprised me that they didn't try to pull that stunt  last time, It only shows the contempt that these arseholes hold  us in. Independence, Naw  but here's a shiny bauble .

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

It's absolutely absurd and insulting to suggest that yet another part of Scottish culture should be subsumed by England. 

I'm sick of my nation being diminished and diluted by a neighbouring nation.

When will this shite end?

I know the answer, and I can't wait to see it happen.

I understand but, as long as Scots throw their cash at Sky Sports and spend their days discussing “their” EPL teams it will never change. 

Scots are willingly diminished by English football, I’m afraid. 

the kings dad

F off Blair, you made a mess o f running our country. What makes you think you should have an input something more important - our football. Stick to making a fortune giving  speeches on hone to save the world?

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I understand but, as long as Scots throw their cash at Sky Sports and spend their days discussing “their” EPL teams it will never change. 

Scots are willingly diminished by English football, I’m afraid. 

I completely agree. I’d go further and say some Scots are willingly diminished by England full stop.

And that’s not even a bold statement – it’s clear and undeniably the case. 

That willingness to be diminished and subjugated by a different nation is deeply engrained in people's psyche.

So much so that the idea of destroying the culture of Scottish football in return for a pot of gold is seen as completely insignificant and unimportant. 

Edited by Hearts_fan

1 hour ago, Independence said:

Correct but maybe that's what the Scots want? Or do we still want some identity but not too much? too confusing.

Some Scots apparently don’t want Scotland to be a nation at all which is absolutely staggering.

To be a region of northern England, that’s what many of them seem to want. 

I recently had a conversation with a Scots unionist, who claimed that independence supporters have hijacked the Saltire. I mean, come on. She said it’s her flag too. I suggested to her that if she supports the union, her very own saltire is in the union flag, hidden, diminished at the back. Very symbolic. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, jake said:

No he is not.

It's a constant reminder of the inoffensive doing most harm.

I'm guessing this means something I'm just not sure what. 

5 hours ago, skwif1 said:

I was under the idea that if the leagues were to merge Scotland would no longer be able to field a National side, and we would need to become GB or UK United.

why?

Smoked-Glass
3 hours ago, Independence said:

Jeez you are out of step with your fellow country men and women!

no i'm not.  The Brexit vote was a majority.

To think Blair was born and educated in Scotland yet appears to hold the country in utter contempt. 

A truly vile individual who actually makes my skin crawl. Enough of Sturgeon, Blair is a ***** too 

AGoodLaugh

"People used to think it was a bit trivial when I used to say we should put the football leagues together…It’s just you need to find ways in which people are realising they have a lot in common..." 

Aye that's why I go to the football Tony, to think about how much I have in common with Celtic/Rangers/Hibs fans ?

Patronising ****

17 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Is this the same Tony Blair that started in illegal war in Syria, that forced many people to leave there home land, that forced European countries to open their doors, that led to UK voting for Brexit? 

He belongs in jail. 

I don't think Tony Blair had much to do with Syria ?. They started that one by themselves long after he was out the door.

Bazzas right boot

In the event of indey two... 

Yes--nope. England can **** off, they'll have bigger concerns than football. 

No vote-

Yes, Scottish Parliament abolished full UK merge in all aspects, sport, education, care, NHS, everything. 

That's how it should be. No halfway house of this devolution nonesense. 

Proper country on our own. 

Proper country as the UK. 

Move on. 

12 hours ago, Gizmo said:

To think Blair was born and educated in Scotland yet appears to hold the country in utter contempt. 

Hes as big a tosser as Gordon Brown and Corbyn.

Fxxx the SPFL
19 hours ago, skwif1 said:

good because wer'e pish anyway

I've advocated this ever since the nationalism raised its ugly head. Keep the SC separate though. The clubs in Scotland  would all go for it too.

Pants Shaton

I would love us to be in a British league. I’ve no doubt we have the fan base to be a Premier club and could easily see us with 30k plus crowds (stadium permitting) in that context.

it will never happen unfortunately 

18 hours ago, glynnlondon said:

Snake oil salesman in spouting shite shocker.

Wish he'd crawl back under his rock.

Agreed.

OmiyaHearts

We already had one war criminal at Dundee before, so why not get another involved in the league?

upgotheheads
43 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

I would love us to be in a British league. I’ve no doubt we have the fan base to be a Premier club and could easily see us with 30k plus crowds (stadium permitting) in that context.

it will never happen unfortunately 

Bournemouth v Hearts would be a good day out, A bloody long one mind.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

In the event of indey two... 

Yes--nope. England can **** off, they'll have bigger concerns than football. 

No vote-

Yes, Scottish Parliament abolished full UK merge in all aspects, sport, education, care, NHS, everything. 

That's how it should be. No halfway house of this devolution nonesense. 

Proper country on our own. 

Proper country as the UK. 

Move on. 

Better still we could ask the people in the Republic of Ireland if they would like to re-join the UK. Think of all the problems that would solve.

I'm being facetious by the way.

Smoked-Glass

The absolute clearest and best set up is as follows. 

. Scotland to remain in the uk.   (2014 referendum majority) 

. The UK to leave the EU.   (2016 referendum majority) 

.  The UK to be similar to Norway, Sweden and Iceland

This outcome ties in with the majority of votes in the recent referendums, allbeit only by about 55%.

Edited by Smoked-Glass

upgotheheads
39 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

The absolute clearest and best set up is as follows. 

. Scotland to remain in the uk.   (2014 referendum majority) 

. The UK to leave the EU.   (2016 referendum majority) 

.  The UK to be similar to Norway, Sweden and Iceland

This outcome ties in with the majority of votes in the recent referendums, allbeit only by about 55%.

You can dream on but that won't happen. Arguably the Norway option is a good solution for Scotland, but the worst option for England. They still have dreams of being a world player like the EU, China, and the USA.  The  UK (or England as it prefers to be known) would have zero clout as the Norway option doesn't allow them to do Free Trade  deals. Look forward to being a tax haven for wealthy Arabs, Chinese, Americans, Russians and every  other Gangster led Oligarchy round the world, we're half way there already.

At least  Scotland will be in a good position for our children to provide domestic servants to the London City State which will quickly develop after we leave the EU. 

AlphonseCapone

Tony Blair and English football can both go take a **** to themselves. 

Independence
22 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

no i'm not.  The Brexit vote was a majority.

Not in MY country.

Geoff Kilpatrick
On 01/05/2019 at 00:57, skwif1 said:

In the Hootsman,

"Tony Blair has warned that a hard Brexit could push Scottish independence ‘over the line’, as he suggested merging the English and Scottish football leagues in a bid to keep the union alive."

Dont want a Brexit thread but what about a merger of the leagues, OR is he just pandering to the UGLY SISTERS, OR trying to frighten the Sassenach's to scare them??

:rofl:

He's become a parody figure.

Independence
23 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Some Scots apparently don’t want Scotland to be a nation at all which is absolutely staggering.

To be a region of northern England, that’s what many of them seem to want. 

I recently had a conversation with a Scots unionist, who claimed that independence supporters have hijacked the Saltire. I mean, come on. She said it’s her flag too. I suggested to her that if she supports the union, her very own saltire is in the union flag, hidden, diminished at the back. Very symbolic. 

Correct. Thank goodness they are a minority, a loud minority, but a minority.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

You can dream on but that won't happen. Arguably the Norway option is a good solution for Scotland, but the worst option for England. They still have dreams of being a world player like the EU, China, and the USA.  The  UK (or England as it prefers to be known) would have zero clout as the Norway option doesn't allow them to do Free Trade  deals. Look forward to being a tax haven for wealthy Arabs, Chinese, Americans, Russians and every  other Gangster led Oligarchy round the world, we're half way there already.

At least  Scotland will be in a good position for our children to provide domestic servants to the London City State which will quickly develop after we leave the EU. 

Just to clarify - the Norway option WOULD allow free trade deals if it is was single market access only. The customs union aspect is overblown and the Irish border could easily be solved if the exit deal contained full agreements on agrifoods across Ireland, which actually happens now as Ireland as a whole is treated as one veterinary zone. Other goods could go through normal customs labelling and could easily be inspected away from border posts, meaning no need for a "hard" border.

Single market and customs union access is "Norway plus".

6 minutes ago, Independence said:

Correct. Thank goodness they are a minority, a loud minority, but a minority.

37.77% of the electorate voted for independence in the 2014 referendum. 

Are you saying that’s a majority?

Independence
45 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

37.77% of the electorate voted for independence in the 2014 referendum. 

Are you saying that’s a majority?

Lets just stick to what we normally do at any election that is , to count the people who actually voted as we don't know what those who didn't vote would have voted so:

NO 2,001,926 55.30
YES 1,617,989

so I am sure even you would agree very close. I know lots of friends/family who want an independent Scotland but believed the scare mongers before the vote telling them lies such as that they would loose their pension etc etc and so voted No. They won't be fooled again. Many other Scots who do not consider themselves anything but Scottish also believed the 'pledge' and decided to vote No. The only demographic to vote No was the over 65s. This, I am sure, was the elderly worried about their pensions. My mother, 85 at the time, a nationalist, voted No for this very reason.

Next time Yes will win. It took two votes to win devolution and it will take two votes to win self-determination.

Independence
6 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

It was a UK vote

6 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

It was a UK vote

Not in MY country. The UK is Not a country. It is like the EU. The UK consists of 4 nations who have, joined through legislation, to form a union just as nations in Europe have. Fact! 

18 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

good because wer'e pish anyway

So is the entire SPFL, but it's oor pish.