• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Notts1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bridge of Djoum

• mscjambo

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

He was thrown to the wolves looking after 2 kids and an abject Clare. 

Not joining the witch hunt. 

Agree with this. A lonely shift in an abject midfield. His performance improved with the subs in the second half. 

I'll drive him to Aberdeen. Hopeless if hes holding out for more money good in him hope the sheep pay it. Uninterested at times so frustrating. Lovely to see harry a connor getting game time looked up for it a d some nice touches. 

Captain Canada

An experienced player should be setting an example and not flying into horrendous tackles. He deserved to be sent off today which would have put a much larger burden on the two young guys. 

I'm not just singling him out though. Clare, who I normally defend, was really poor too. Souttar's first half was ridiculously bad but he certainly improved in the second. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Not his best game today. ?

Agreed, but he was one of the better performers. On his own in midfield for good part of second half. 

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, communist said:

Djoum has been one of our best players this season, despite what you read on here. 

These threads are great for weeding out those who just can't spot a player. Probably the same people singing the olly Lee song on repeat despite him being utterly useless for the most part. 

Well said, along with not realising that any club talking to him must inform Hearts of their intention to do so first as he’s still under contract but free to talk to anyone. They’re also likely to have said Bozanic should play more.

Edited by Pasquale for King

15 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Threads getting more embarrassing by the minute. 

Thanks Arnaud for a hard working display guiding 2 kids through the derby. 

After he was booked exercised common sense not to get red carded

Embarrassing?

Since when did Cochrane need looking after? Boy played with a confidence yesterday as he did in poorer teams last season.

Who was Djoum looking after when he jumped in with two feet first half? He connects he would be off. The Hibs lad jumped it and did him a favour.

I get some like Djoum some don't. Personally not a fan, all the ability but at time he is rash, and inconsistent.

But nobody is telling me he played well yesterday.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Embarrassing?

Since when did Cochrane need looking after? Boy played with a confidence yesterday as he did in poorer teams last season.

Who was Djoum looking after when he jumped in with two feet first half? He connects he would be off. The Hibs lad jumped it and did him a favour.

I get some like Djoum some don't. Personally not a fan, all the ability but at time he is rash, and inconsistent.

But nobody is telling me he played well yesterday.

Neither Cochrane or Smith saw the game out. One man fought on not sulking or waiting for next season without his usual partner.

I understand this is not the popular view. But I don't subscribe to popular views just to join the crowd. 

Certainly not his best game but he carried out his work professionally. 

Shame that is not appreciated cos the guy has been put at the back of the queue for a contract. Behind another player already in contract. 

But that seems to be omitted in the witch hunt 

Another team with Djoum in it and another winless game. An 'anchor' they say, give me a ****ing break. Get him to buggery, waster.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Another team with Djoum in it and another winless game. An 'anchor' they say, give me a ****ing break. Get him to buggery, waster.

You sure they’re saying “anchor”?

Could be a similar sounding word beginning with a “W” :lol:

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Neither Cochrane or Smith saw the game out. One man fought on not sulking or waiting for next season without his usual partner.

I understand this is not the popular view. But I don't subscribe to popular views just to join the crowd. 

Shame that is not appreciated cos the guy has been put at the back of the queue for a contract. Behind another player already in contract. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/arnaud-djoum-gives-update-on-contract-situation-and-hearts-future-1-4907834

Hearts midfielder Arnaud Djoum will take his time to weigh up his options before making a decision on his future.

The 29-year-old is out of contract this summer but has been offered a new deal to remain at Tynecastle. Manager Craig Levein said in January that Djoum, who turns 30 in a fortnight, was “at an age where he wants to get one last big contract in his professional career” and admitted that the key midfielder may be able to get a more lucrative deal elsewhere, with French top-flight side Toulouse among those credited with an interested.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-hearts-can-t-afford-to-keep-arnaud-djoum-1-4853774

“I understand that we can’t afford to pay him the sort of money that he’s looking for.

48 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Witch hunt because people don't subscribe to your opinion on him...

As far as I'm aware Levein rates him has wanted to get him to resign but the player as he is entitled to do has chosen to hold out and wait for a better offer...

But don't let facts get in the way....

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Get him tae France.

I can't see anything wrong with either of these articles. It doesn't look like he's signed a pre-contract yet and there is an outside chance he could still stay.

33 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I can't see anything wrong with either of these articles. It doesn't look like he's signed a pre-contract yet and there is an outside chance he could still stay.

I stopped reading when he was referred to as a "key midfielder"

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Witch hunt because people don't subscribe to your opinion on him...

As far as I'm aware Levein rates him has wanted to get him to resign but the player as he is entitled to do has chosen to hold out and wait for a better offer...

But don't let facts get in the way....

Only last week Leveins said he hasn't been able to get to his contract for finishing Haring and Naismith. 

Apparently he didn't want to be juggling too many balls. 

Imagine if that was you at work. Back of the queue. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/arnaud-djoum-gives-update-on-contract-situation-and-hearts-future-1-4907834

Hearts midfielder Arnaud Djoum will take his time to weigh up his options before making a decision on his future.

The 29-year-old is out of contract this summer but has been offered a new deal to remain at Tynecastle. Manager Craig Levein said in January that Djoum, who turns 30 in a fortnight, was “at an age where he wants to get one last big contract in his professional career” and admitted that the key midfielder may be able to get a more lucrative deal elsewhere, with French top-flight side Toulouse among those credited with an interested.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-hearts-can-t-afford-to-keep-arnaud-djoum-1-4853774

“I understand that we can’t afford to pay him the sort of money that he’s looking for.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-boss-craig-levein-building-towards-period-of-sustained-quality-1-4915712

A bit more recently 

"I told Arnaud I don't have the mental capacity to handle 3 things at once"

With less than 5 weeks on his contract I find it hard to blame anyone looking for a new job 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Only last week Leveins said he hasn't been able to get to his contract for finishing Haring and Naismith. 

Apparently he didn't want to be juggling too many balls. 

Imagine if that was you at work. Back of the queue. 

Do you know that he hasn't been offered a contract? Levein has also said Djoum can get bigger offers elsewhere. 

Back of the queue. The guy isn't living in poverty here. How do you know his wage demands are within our budget? 

If he can make more elsewhere then it's his choice not to sign. A contract negotiation requires both parties to move forward and you seem to want to make out there is some agenda to get rid of him. 

I think CL and Djoum have had a discussion and preliminary  sounding were that he was looking for too much. Levein said a while ago that he didn't want to upset a player in good form with distraction of sitting down to discuss a contract. He also made it clear he would work on him to try to get him to stay. Doesn't sound like anything will be agreed one way or the other until the season is over.

Edited by tcjambo

7 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I think CL and Djoim have had a discussion and preliminary  soubdinf were that he was looking for too much. Levein said a while ago that he didn't want to upswt a player in good form with distraction of sitting doqn to discuss a contract. He also made it vlear he would work on him to try to get him to stay. Doesn't sound like anything we be agreed one way or the other until the season is over.

Still pished?

1 minute ago, RDSK said:

Still pished?

Yes. Trying to type on s bus that is being driven by a drunk?

Edited by tcjambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Do you know that he hasn't been offered a contract? Levein has also said Djoum can get bigger offers elsewhere. 

Back of the queue. The guy isn't living in poverty here. How do you know his wage demands are within our budget? 

If he can make more elsewhere then it's his choice not to sign. A contract negotiation requires both parties to move forward and you seem to want to make out there is some agenda to get rid of him. 

Haring in contract Djoum out. Haring prioritised. 

Would you be happy in that situation. I know I would not. 

The Old Tolbooth
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He put himself in that situation by not agreeing to the new contract when offered to see if he could get better elsewhere, personally I think he's barely good enough for Hearts as he flatters to deceive, but Djoum seems to think he's way better than Hearts, when he clearly isn't, if he left I really wouldn't miss him, rarely have I seen a midfielder with as little composure when presented with a chance in front of goal. 

One of these frustrating players who seems to be a better player than we often see. Thought the same about Perry Kitchen. Might just be one of these players who might be more at home in a less frenetic league.

He has been one of our more consistent performers though, which isn't saying much this season, and he has obvious quality on the ball. Under Neilson he showed he could score regularly too, not sure what happened with his shooting boots after that first season. Levein likes him and rates him highly (he's been straight back in the team after every injury he's had under Levein) and it's been no secret we've been trying to resign him for quite a while. I'd rather keep him and find someone more attacking and creative to play in the middle with him. Haring, Djoum and a more creative midfielder has a nice balance to it. In the short term, Haring, Djoum and Cochrane looks good to me.

20 hours ago, Rods said:

Djoum is average not good enough to boss games. He won't be missed.

I think bossing games isn't his style. He's more of a supporting midfielder. We can't expect players to be something they're not. It's like when Jamie Walker all of a sudden found himself our main man with all the expectation for making things happen. It wasn't in his character and it seemed to affect his game.

Robbo-Jambo

At least he didn't hide for the whole game unlike Clare.

Clare has ability but he has got to add a bit of fight and guts to his game especially when we are up against it.

Portable Badger
5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I am in the same general position as yourself on Djoum but he does frustrate the feck out of me at times & on occasion a lot of the time.  

Re his contract - CL has been talking to him/agent for quite some time about extending it.  The fact he's stalled on things to the last minute is Djoum's own fault. CL is correct to concentrate on those 2 whom have indicated a strong & serious consideration of a new contract. 

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

The manager decides he needs to get players tied down. Decides Haring, Souttar, Naisy, Smith are ones he needs to get sorted. Not really sure what you're upset about.

Players can choose to sign contracts or not sign contracts. Players can come and go as they please. As a free agent potentially Djoum can become a free agent and command more through wages and signing on fees.

Part of management is prioritising the budget spend. It's Levein s job to do that. Hearts have to plan for next season and if Djoum wants to hold out and not commit which is his right then hearts can choose to prioritize other options

Edited by mscjambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, mscjambo said:

The manager decides he needs to get players tied down. Decides Haring, Souttar, Naisy, Smith are ones he needs to get sorted. Not really sure what you're upset about.

Players can choose to sign contracts or not sign contracts. Players can come and go as they please. As a free agent potentially Djoum can become a free agent and command more through wages and signing on fees.

Part of management is prioritising the budget spend. It's Levein s job to do that. Are you a Djoum super fan or his agent?

I'm not upset at all. Quite the contrary. 

Seems like the other way around. 

Thread is littered with people telling Djoum where to go because he has had the audacity to look after himself in the final months of his contract. 

Then allowing themselves the luxury of driving him there when in reality the guy has done reasonably well for the club 

Can someone please supply our win % in the league with Djoum in the team.  I heard it was around 32%.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm not upset at all. Quite the contrary. 

Seems like the other way around. 

Thread is littered with people telling Djoum where to go because he has had the audacity to look after himself in the final months of his contract. 

Then allowing themselves the luxury of driving him there when in reality the guy has done reasonably well for the club 

Who's saying he shouldn't? No issue with him wanting more money and running down his contract. Players right to do that. 

If he wants more money I'm not convinced he is worth pushing the boat out for.

He is entitled to run down his contract and hearts are entitled to prioritize others who see their future at the club. Levein is entitled to prioritize players who want to sign and be here.

If Djoum is not signing Levein has to say ok in chasing new signings in your position for next year 

Djoum s hearts career has been full of ups and downs. Started well, dipped, injuries hampered him. Good luck to him but I think he's replaceable

Howdy Doody Jambo

I would like to think we could do better an opperchancity to freshen up the engine room Djoum isn't going to get better, very average, would rather give youth academy player's a chance, Cochrane, Irving, etc although not convinced Levein has got the best out of him playing so deep as he looked better in behind the striker/s 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Who's saying he shouldn't? No issue with him wanting more money and running down his contract. Players right to do that. 

If he wants more money I'm not convinced he is worth pushing the boat out for.

He is entitled to run down his contract and hearts are entitled to prioritize others who see their future at the club. Levein is entitled to prioritize players who want to sign and be here.

If Djoum is not signing Levein has to say ok in chasing new signings in your position for next year 

Djoum s hearts career has been full of ups and downs. Started well, dipped, injuries hampered him. Good luck to him but I think he's replaceable

If you read through the thread. 

Always believed he was a valuable player at home less so away myself