Djoum

MaskedMarauder

MaskedMarauder

Been in talks with Aberdeen apparently. Entitled to obviously but been a shock to Craig who isn’t best pleased at this news

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Notts1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bridge of Djoum

• mscjambo

Just now, MaskedMarauder said:

Been in talks with Aberdeen apparently. Entitled to obviously but been a shock to Craig who isn’t best pleased at this news

Where are you hearing this from?

Geoff the Mince
3 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Not going to Aberdeen couldn't agree terms ,. Agent been speaking to the Hobos .

MaskedMarauder
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not the step up I’d imagine he/his agent are looking for.

Your source ?

Someone with sources at Hearts. Standard answer I know! Aberdeen offering significantly more than we are right now. Craig was speaking to him but found out Thursday-ish that he had been speaking to Aberdeen. As I’ve said, yes he’s entitled to, but a bit of a slap in the face to do so behind our back and be so secretive about it 

1 minute ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Someone with sources at Hearts. Standard answer I know! Aberdeen offering significantly more than we are right now. Craig was speaking to him but found out Thursday-ish that he had been speaking to Aberdeen. As I’ve said, yes he’s entitled to, but a bit of a slap in the face to do so behind our back and be so secretive about it 

Where did you here it from?

1 minute ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Do Aberdeen have a much bigger budget than us

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Notts1874 said:

I thought it looked familiar. Almost word for word.

Indeed.

BOBTHEBRUCE

If the rumours are true, It looks like he want's to stay in Scotland. 

Even more likely to sign for us now, unless he's pissed Levein right off. 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yes

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Very quick search... Obviously not to be taken as entirely accurate but probably a good indicator.

Image result for spl team budgets

https://www.statista.com/statistics/788981/average-scottish-premiership-salary-by-team/

That is surprising because don’t we get bigger crowds and they have there new training ground and stadium to pay for

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Josh said:

That is surprising because don’t we get bigger crowds and they have there new training ground and stadium to pay for

Yes, but I think we built something or other quite recently, also. 

I like Djoum, but not wanting us to be his back up option. If he’s really looked at options with our closest rivals (as he’s perfectly entitled to do) we should remove our latest offer. He’s not irreplaceable. 

Maybe @Sooperstar will be able to check with Clare, at the pub tonight, to get some inside info. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Some American investor is putting millions into Aberdeen at the minute.

Edited by Uche Gang

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

I like Djoum, but not wanting us to be his back up option. If he’s really looked at options with our closest rivals (as he’s perfectly entitled to do) we should remove our latest offer. He’s not irreplaceable. 

Maybe @Sooperstar will be able to check with Clare, at the pub tonight, to get some inside info. :lol: 

Sean will say anything when he's pissed the night before a game. Not to be trusted I'm afraid ?

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

He's a good player but he doesn't show it enough for me. 

I'm not really arsed if he goes. 

Sums it up for me too. Plays when he wants. Might even struggle to get in their midfield.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Sean will say anything when he's pissed the night before a game. Not to be trusted I'm afraid ?

Bugger, even if he manages to catch him off guard and quiz him when he whiteys circa half 3? 

I didn’t think he would be at Hearts next season anyway, not really a step up for him going to Aberdeen. If true it’s bad timing for this to become public.

12 minutes ago, Uche Gang said:

Some American investor is putting millions into Aberdeen at the minute.

Not at the moment they aren’t. They have been touting it for the stadium. Right now they are well short of cash for their stadium. 

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

13 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yes, but I think we built something or other quite recently, also. 

They also haven’t started funding the stadium properly nor have they got the money for the stadium. They also have regular cup runs and four years of second place to play with. Their budget will higher for another couple years i’d imagine

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

If this is true, will we seem him tomorrow?No passengers on the park please 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not at the moment they aren’t. They have been touting it for the stadium. Right now they are well short of cash for their stadium. 

They also haven’t started funding the stadium properly nor have they got the money for the stadium. They also have regular cup runs and four years of second place to play with. Their budget will higher for another couple years i’d imagine

We will just need to win the Scottish cup to convince him. That should be easy

Edited by Josh

43 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

I’m sure I reported this last Saturday after the game and was told he’s already agreed to join Aberdeen. Came from an ex player who’s still connected to the club. 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Enzo Chiefo
31 minutes ago, Josh said:

Do Aberdeen have a much bigger budget than us

Well Derek McInnes is apparently on 750k a year. So, presumably he could buy and sell Levein several times over on that salary. Whether the playing budget is higher or not, I don't know. AB is funding the substantial shortfall on the stand from her own pocket so shouldn't impact too much.

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m sure I reported this last Saturday and he’s already agreed to join Aberdeen. Can from an ex player still connected to the club. 

In which case no more game time for hearts...... nothing personal but, I’d imagine there is some sort of “beat it if you get injured” somewhere in the clause of his new contract so, very likely to not commit for the remaining games.

I couldn't care less.

Genuinely think we can do better. He's a decent player but not consistently. 

Also if you consider our other midfield options I think we could afford to move Djoum on for another midfielder more in the mould of what the team needs to improve it.

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

In which case no more game time for hearts...... nothing personal but, I’d imagine there is some sort of “beat it if you get injured” somewhere in the clause of his new contract so, very likely to not commit for the remaining games.

We need better midfielders than we have already and unless we have 4/5 decent players then you won’t see the best of Djoum in any midfield. Looks very ordinary when playing alongside Lee and Bozanic. I’d move the three of them on along with Edwards and try and strengthen/rebuild around Haring and Clare. Djoum would flourish in a strong midfield  and I feel we didn’t get the best of him due to the players alongside him. Wasn’t prepared to roll his sleeves up and fight the good fight. I always felt he was content to leave enough gas in the tank. We badly need a good box to box midfielder and Pittman from livi would definitely be an upgrade to what we have at the moment. Of course all in my own humble opinion 

alwaysthereinspirit

Gets caught in possession way to many times to be playing the position HE thinks he’s suited to. Not as good as HE thinks he is.

Time to say bye bye.

Bang average most games. JMO.

IMO Djoum 's heart was never in it for us. He has played the "stepping stone" ploy once too often. I would rather have Stewart from Aberdeen, if Birmingham City are sensible with the fee.

If any player is not committed, get rid. There are plenty of players better than AD who would want to play for us.

Edited by Valentinho

Step up, aye? 

:rofl:

If he goes there, it shows that he's got absolutely no respect for us. 

jamtartan74
44 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

What is all this stuff with Clare being pished ? I obviously missed something last weekend lol

bajthejambo

Losing a player the club wants to keep to a rival always stings a bit. Particularly if it's neither of the Glasgow clubs. I'm not convinced we'll miss him. Then again, it depends who replaces him? 

I think we all agree our midfield creates little. Why the desperate attempt to keep the same players. Times up, we move on. We played better at the start of the season whist he was injured.