Djoum

MaskedMarauder

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The hysteria over hearsay. 

Aberdeen probably want him because every time they come to Tynecastle Djoum is the dominant force. 

Easter Road in December Djoum was brilliant. He knows where to be on a football pitch. 

Really disappointing thread over potentially nothing. Hysterical 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Notts1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bridge of Djoum

• mscjambo

26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Aberdeen probably want him because every time they come to Tynecastle Djoum is the dominant force. 

Easter Road in December Djoum was brilliant. He knows where to be on a football pitch. 

Aberdeen aren't the only team that have gave him an offer and from what I've heard he isn't sure about staying in Scotland, Agree with your post no different from when naismith received offers from three Mls clubs and a few English teams too. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

skinnybob72

Arnaud Djoum, Arnaud Djoum

Running down the wing

Arnaud Djoum, Arnaud Djoum

He's utterly hon-king

Mark alongside Larya Kingston - lots of ability which is rarely applied and very little in the way of heart. If he was able to play to 75% of his ability each week he would a player you would want to keep, but based on what we've seen over the last couple of years he will be no great loss. 

While I agree that he has been one of our best midfielders this season, that says more about us as a team, he pretty much embodies what is wrong with us.

OK tactically, neat and tidy but slow, no creative vision and absolutely no threat on the final third. 

gashauskis9
36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Common sense at last.  I’m calling bullshit on all of this.  He’ll be a Hearts player next season.

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

While I agree that he has been one of our best midfielders this season, that says more about us as a team, he pretty much embodies what is wrong with us.

OK tactically, neat and tidy but slow, no creative vision and absolutely no threat on the final third. 

Agreed.

Being the best midfielder at Hearts this season is akin to being the egg and spoon race champion at my local Parkinson's support group.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Common sense at last.  I’m calling bullshit on all of this.  He’ll be a Hearts player next season.

It certainly isn't bullshit. He has been speaking to Aberdeen without the club's knowledge. He is obviously entitled to speak to who he wants but I would imagine its the done thing to keep your employer updated.

Gene Parmesan
16 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Probably. Interesting that Edwards and Irving appeared in the squad out of the blue on Thursday, same day as Levein supposedly found out about Djoum 

Thursday was their day off. 

Djoum isn't just the Marmite of football, he is the Aldi's own brand of Marmite.

Edited by Lovecraft

13 hours ago, stan said:

If he signs and plays for a rival, the same folk will then see a player and claim he never gave Hearts the same effort. Guaranteed.

It may well be that any new manager he gets if the rumours are correct could realise where his best position is and play him there then you will see the real player.

56 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Being the best midfielder at Hearts this season is akin to being the egg and spoon race champion at my local Parkinson's support group.

:D 

Aberdeen are about to be taken for a ride here I think. They'll get an initial few months of him playing well and then he'll revert to type. Might be worse given it will likely be his last big contract. Hope we retain interest just to make sure the Dons pay through the nose for him. 

Edited by OTT

stirlingshirejambo
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aberdeen aren't the only team that have gave him an offer and from what I've heard he isn't sure about staying in Scotland, Agree with your post no different from when naismith received offers from three Mls clubs and a few English teams too. 

Big difference Naismith is contracted to Norwich. Out of respect Djoum could have told his current employers who have stood by him through numerous injuries and poor form that he received an offer from a rival club

7 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Big difference Naismith is contracted to Norwich. Out of respect Djoum could have told his current employers who have stood by him through numerous injuries and poor form that he received an offer from a rival club

As we have let his contract run down he is entitled to talk to any club he wants regarding his future but yes he could of had the decency to tell us i agree with that. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Djoum has been one of our best players this season, despite what you read on here. 

These threads are great for weeding out those who just can't spot a player. Probably the same people singing the olly Lee song on repeat despite him being utterly useless for the most part. 

Im not looking to witch hunt but Djoum has been awful today and will be up sent off.

bit harsh though saying he’s been shite all season 

Im not looking to witch hunt but Djoum has been awful today and will end up sent off.

bit harsh though saying he’s been shite all season 

Sexton Hardcastle
5 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

67-1 to be sent off today. Have a feeling he makes a bad tackle and that’s the end of him.

Should have been off

Not a good performance from him today. Improved a bit after his customary booking, which he was clearly determined to get. 

For what he gives us, I just think the money we'd spend on him could be better spent elsewhere. 

24 minutes ago, CalMac said:

For what he gives us, I just think the money we'd spend on him could be better spent elsewhere. 

What does he give us? As much use as a traffic cone 

He seemed hellbent on getting sent off today, and has been a bit of a liability in recent months as his contract ends.

I'd be looking to play someone else in his position.

Jambo, Goodbye

Outshone by two teenagers. Probably one of the highest paid. Would prefer to save his wage for someone else next season. 

Agreed. Whether you rate Djoum or not we need to sign better and more effective players. If he accepts a moderate wage fair enough but would not for one moment pay up for him. 

He was Hearts worst player today in my opinions and while not solely his fault has been a mainstay of losing and utterly gash Heart’s teams for over three years now. 

Does not score goals, does not creat goals and does not patrol the midfield through strong decisive tackling. A non entity of the highest order. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Threads getting more embarrassing by the minute. 

Thanks Arnaud for a hard working display guiding 2 kids through the derby. 

After he was booked exercised common sense not to get red carded

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

And yet you've just raised it up a few notches . 

He was poor today . 

Not on his own in that respect but he was poor.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

And yet you've just raised it up a few notches . 

He was poor today . 

Not on his own in that respect but he was poor.

He was thrown to the wolves looking after 2 kids and an abject Clare. 

Not joining the witch hunt. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He was thrown to the wolves looking after 2 kids and an abject Clare. 

Not joining the witch hunt. 

Spot on.

Made some rash challenges but done the dirty work in the middle.

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Agreed. Whether you rate Djoum or not we need to sign better and more effective players. If he accepts a moderate wage fair enough but would not for one moment pay up for him. 

He was Hearts worst player today in my opinions and while not solely his fault has been a mainstay of losing and utterly gash Heart’s teams for over three years now. 

Does not score goals, does not creat goals and does not patrol the midfield through strong decisive tackling. A non entity of the highest order. 

Worse than Clare and Souttar? No chance.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Spot on?

5 hours ago, communist said:

Djoum has been one of our best players this season, despite what you read on here. 

These threads are great for weeding out those who just can't spot a player. Probably the same people singing the olly Lee song on repeat despite him being utterly useless for the most part. 

Again he has been one of our better players but that is faint praise, he never takes a game by the scruff of the neck never plays a killer pass, never drives the midfield forward, never poses a threat. 

When he first arrived I was excited abiur what he could bring to the team but ever since then he has simply passed it sideways 

Get him to fek i really don't get the love in heart the size of a pea helped the youngsters round about him AYE RIGHT 

Cochrane has a swagger he thinks he's the best he maybe isn't but it's that mindset Djuom oh a won the Afica world cup eh naw yi didnae mate yir team did no YOU

Never a team player get him tae kluck how many times has anybody seen him grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck and turning the whole game around the 1st division his level don't count  

I have been a fan of Djoum but his head is not in the game

probably should have been off today