Djoum

MaskedMarauder

Djoum has been a constant in us underachieving this past 3 seasons.Not the type to give his all in my opinion.Hope Aberdeen get him.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Notts1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bridge of Djoum

• mscjambo

MaskedMarauder
36 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m sure I reported this last Saturday after the game and was told he’s already agreed to join Aberdeen. Came from an ex player who’s still connected to the club. 

Apologies if you did @SaughtonJambo not a frequent enough visitor to the forums to pick up on it all. Clevid starting tomorrow too apparently according to my mate

24 minutes ago, kila said:

This why Edwards rumoured to start tomorrow?

Probably. Interesting that Edwards and Irving appeared in the squad out of the blue on Thursday, same day as Levein supposedly found out about Djoum 

tolcross lad

Djoums an egnima.Always think he is an above average SPFL player in technique and overall ability but disappears out of games too often for me.Injury prone ?and lacks commitment.Had expected him to move on.

Hope he does go to Aberdeen. Strengthens us, weakens them. Watched Djoum for years, never understood the fandom on here who sing his praises. Utter passenger & wage thief the last couple of years IMO. 

Door, erse, dinny let it hit ye....

kingantti1874

Not bothered, more room for Harry C. Aberdeen have had a bigger budget due to consistently reaching finals, Europe and finishing above us as well as hospitality.  I would expect t/o to be similar this season

I'll drive him anywhere in Scotland for contract talks.

Royally fed up with him. Constant slack passing and never looks like he gets close to giving 100%

Djoum Djoum Djoum Djoum

He comes from Cameroon

He can't complete a pass to

A player in maroon

3 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Tidy enough player but offers little.

I'd move him on and use the space to develop Cochrane properly. 

This is my take on it as well. Seems to be the consensus of most of the support.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not bothered, more room for Harry C. Aberdeen have had a bigger budget due to consistently reaching finals, Europe and finishing above us as well as hospitality.  I would expect t/o to be similar this season

That's a bit more polite than you were on twitter ???

31 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We need better midfielders than we have already and unless we have 4/5 decent players then you won’t see the best of Djoum in any midfield. Looks very ordinary when playing alongside Lee and Bozanic. I’d move the three of them on along with Edwards and try and strengthen/rebuild around Haring and Clare. Djoum would flourish in a strong midfield  and I feel we didn’t get the best of him due to the players alongside him. Wasn’t prepared to roll his sleeves up and fight the good fight. I always felt he was content to leave enough gas in the tank. We badly need a good box to box midfielder and Pittman from livi would definitely be an upgrade to what we have at the moment. Of course all in my own humble opinion 

I agree. Pittman has looked good for Livi whenever I've seen him, admittedly not that often though.

I don't think Djoum is a bad player either, it must be hard to look good in our midfield right now, his stats (goals and assists) aren't great this season though. Plus, seems to want the perfect chance and is reluctant to shoot on his left too. 

If he was a young player breaking through, I'd be excited about his potential. As, presumably, one of the higher earners - I'm not sure he dominates matches enough. Tricky thing is, if he were to leave, I'm not convinced we'd get a better replacement given our signing over the last few years.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

That's a bit more polite than you were on twitter ???

I have an alter ego.  Twitter point stands tho 

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

He's a good player but he doesn't show it enough for me. 

I'm not really arsed if he goes. 

Spot on for me.

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Probably. Interesting that Edwards and Irving appeared in the squad out of the blue on Thursday, same day as Levein supposedly found out about Djoum 

If Djoum is not starting or in the matchday squad tomorrow, then we will know this rumour is true.

Bridge of Djoum
29 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Djoums an egnima.Always think he is an above average SPFL player in technique and overall ability but disappears out of games too often for me.Injury prone ?and lacks commitment.Had expected him to move on.

Bit racist, mate.

highlandjambo3
31 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hope he does go to Aberdeen. Strengthens us, weakens them. Watched Djoum for years, never understood the fandom on here who sing his praises. Utter passenger & wage thief the last couple of years IMO. 

Door, erse, dinny let it hit ye....

Aye but you know what..... in typical hearts “doh!!” Fashion, he’ll go to the sheep and be outstanding (hope I’m wrong).

Lord Beni of Gorgie

To be fair to Djoum. 

I'll get to you once I've tied up Haring and Naismith. 

Perhaps Djoum is pissed off? Polite reminder perhaps 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Aye but you know what..... in typical hearts “doh!!” Fashion, he’ll go to the sheep and be outstanding (hope I’m wrong).

Greg Stewart might say different 

JamboGraham
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Of course it’s a risk, and ‘on paper’ that’s exactly what should happen. However for me he just does not deliver enough for us and it’s probably time for for us to part company.

We have such a lightweight midfield and he has more league appearances this season than anyone in that midfield. I would take a proven grafter over unfulfilled promise every day of the week...

Ability wise he is our best midfielder. The competition isn’t tough though is it . I would rather he went to a French team than come back to give us problems. Football is all about opinions as we know . I hope he does play tomorrow. We are hardly offering a wealth of talent elsewhere. Dikamona. , Boz etc give me a break ?

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

whats rascist about that?

Sakes, man. It's a joke. A shit one but a joke nonetheless.

i wish jj was my dad

Good player who has had a decent season but if Harry can step up he won't be missed

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Gnjambo16 said:

Ability wise he is our best midfielder. The competition isn’t tough though is it . I would rather he went to a French team than come back to give us problems. Football is all about opinions as we know . I hope he does play tomorrow. We are hardly offering a wealth of talent elsewhere. Dikamona. , Boz etc give me a break ?

Effort wise he leaves a lot to be desired.

tolcross lad
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It wasnt very funny.You never know in this day of PC.For what its worth involved in tutoring immigrant in English but over zealous PC brigade do my head in.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, tolcross lad said:

It wasnt very funny.You never know in this day of PC.For what its worth involved in tutoring immigrant in English but over zealous PC brigade do my head in.

It was a nod to a line in ''Yes Minister''. I'll keep my unfunny, obscure references to myself from now on.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It twas a gid joke. 

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

If the rumours are true, It looks like he want's to stay in Scotland. 

Even more likely to sign for us now, unless he's pissed Levein right off. 

He’s lost his legs. Scottish game suits him now, the realisation must’ve hit him. 

59 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Tidy enough player but offers little.

I'd move him on and use the space to develop Cochrane properly. 

Agree and maybe keeping cash for an upgrade next season?

Bazzas right boot

If he goes to Aberdeen it's a bit worrying. 

It means that in our limited market they are paying a fair but more and does not fair well in general. 

Djoum himself needs to move imo, he's gone a bit stale. His talent is there but his effectiveness and influence can be easily replaced. 

BTW, folk saying Djoum should be replaced with Cochrane, if it is  next season they are thinking they really need to to a double take. 

No chance that would improve us. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If I was him I would suggest that having a bit of leverage is not a bad thing. Seems France may not be offered any longer 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If he goes to Aberdeen it's a bit worrying. 

It means that in our limited market they are paying a fair but more and does not fair well in general. 

Djoum himself needs to move imo, he's gone a bit stale. His talent is there but his effectiveness and influence can be easily replaced. 

Talking and going are very different things 

30 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Greg Stewart might say different 

Glad we never got him. Another lightweight, overrated player. 

But you know its bad when people say they’d take him. It’s just a sign how much we have to fight to regain a respectable standard. 

When Stewart is part of a top 3 side it just shows how far Scottish football has dropped. 

SpruceBringsteen

He's a good player, but good players show up more often than he does. I'd rather have a limited player like Callachan who actually tries and cares tbh.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If I was him I would suggest that having a bit of leverage is not a bad thing. Seems France may not be offered any longer 

I like Djoum, but I think the idea that he was ever going to be good enough to play in Ligue 1 was fanciful. Wishful thinking on his or his agent’s part.

Calebs Grandad
2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yes, but I think we built something or other quite recently, also. 

A magnificent and loving relationship between our owner and the support? 

2 hours ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Been in talks with Aberdeen apparently. Entitled to obviously but been a shock to Craig who isn’t best pleased at this news

I will drive him up there

old school tie

This reminds me of Scott Severin. His agent filled his head with shite about a big move down south, and he ended up moving sideways to Abergreen ?

Bridge of Djoum
28 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It twas a gid joke. 

Thanks, mate.

Bridge of Djoum
19 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

A magnificent and loving relationship between our owner and the support? 

If you like.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Better tell his agent that then, mate. Unless he was lost the other week.?‍♂️

Who we talking about here, Walker? If so that's been double confirmed as correct info.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Would prefer we signed a White Walker in all honesty.

Ah a Game of Thrones reference. Not a fan I'm afraid.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I like him as a player and would love a motivated Djoum to be a mainstay in our squad but if his heart's not in it, it's probably best for him to move on!