*****Official Hibs v Hearts match day thread*****

Marvin

I thought we done ok today considering we had 2 young lads who visibly tired in the 2nd half due to lack of game time allowing hubs to dominate for a spell but we got there in the end.Berra outstanding.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Marvin

• iantjambo

• kila

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, sadj said:

****in Murican’s huh!!!! ???

Yes but not necessarily needed. How is that? 

Image result for confused gif

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

= got pants-on-the-head shitfaced,   lost your trousers and a shoe,   heid stuck in the bog since 5am and wont be able to move until late afternoon. 

Is very close to the truth 

I made the game though....???

38 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

That hubz defence is like a sieve when you get at them

What makes me happy is that they have given Gray (30) & McGregor (33) 4 year contracts and in that back 4 they have one of the worst fitba' players ever, ladies & gentlemen I give you Lewis Stevenson and just to confirm that pish back 4 I give you Paul Hanlon. Bring it on....

If the reports are true about some of our fans (I use the term loosely) singing etc during the tribute for McNeil, then im

truely embarrassed by it. Disgraceful behaviour and if you were one of the culprits and you read this please leave your Hearts scarf in the cupboard and p**s off you are an embarrassment to the club u claim to support! 

I lost my Mum on Tuesday and I’m currently in a tiny village in Snowdonia with my big sister. The owner of the only boozer was kind enough to put the game on for me. That Uche equaliser is the first time I’ve cracked a smile since Tuesday.

In a week when football was just a game to me I’d like to thank Hearts and West Ham for dulling the pain.

Dreadful game. 2 poor teams but I’ll take the point and the Yaaasssss! When that went in

37 minutes ago, andythejambo said:

Ozturk ?

I had flashbacks when Souttar  picked up the ball in a similar position to Ozturk late on. Just wanted him to hit it. Mind you the way Soapy was playing the ball would probably still be airborne.

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

The positive for me with Clare and Djoum is, even when having a poor game both can have that 1 moment that wins this. Same with Uche. This is as poor a game as he’s had but he can nick the goal 

Telt yis 

11 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

tI lost my Mum on Tuesday and I’m currently in a tiny village in Snowdonia with my big sister. The owner of the only boozer was kind enough to put the game on for me. That Uche equaliser is the first time I’ve cracked a smile since Tuesday.

In a week when football was just a game to me I’d like to thank Hearts and West Ham for dulling the pain.

Dreadful game. 2 poor teams but I’ll take the point and the Yaaasssss! When that went in

Sorry about your loss mate, my family are going through tough times with my folks at the moment with cancer & dementia.

Like you, I raised a BIG YES...when the Uche slotted in that equaliser.

Edited by Jamdub

11 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I lost my Mum on Tuesday and I’m currently in a tiny village in Snowdonia with my big sister. The owner of the only boozer was kind enough to put the game on for me. That Uche equaliser is the first time I’ve cracked a smile since Tuesday.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

But football does that, that glorious moment when you score just takes over any pain in life for just a few moments.  Its what makes the game so special

Bridge of Djoum
12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

So sorry to hear that mate. Glad your teams helped ease the pain a bit. 

J.T.F.Robertson
20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

My condolences, Jh.

25 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

If the reports are true about some of our fans (I use the term loosely) singing etc during the tribute for McNeil, then im

truely embarrassed by it. Disgraceful behaviour and if you were one of the culprits and you read this please leave your Hearts scarf in the cupboard and p**s off you are an embarrassment to the club u claim to support! 

You could hear the Hearts song being sung during the last few seconds. The Hibs fans then booed.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

You can be both but it depends how he trains and if it would affect his game. 

Could definitely drop a bit and in theory be able to get a bit more endurance and pace. Possibly easier to look at his training and put more sprint based weight exercises into it instead anf keep

what he has. I assume Sutton was talking about that not fat but im also 8pages behind this so not sure if it was someone on here saying he is fat. Theres also a balance between fat levels and leanness where you can utilise the slightly higher body fat as energy to get you through the game. Its fine margins though. No idea who our sports science guy is but id assume they are more than up to speed on that and working with him.

Sutton claimed he could do with "losing some weight" which translated to some as "that Uche's a fat *******". Imo, gotta say Sutton does have a point, the amount of weight Uche is carrying in muscle mass could be making him heavier than the ideal weight. 

Being a purely fat **** myself, I obviously know a lot less about the ins and outs of it than someone like yourself but that's my take on the matter

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

He said there's a player in there but he needs to lose a bit of weight. Also said he needs to get fit but there's definitely a player in there. 

He was sticking up for him when craigan was putting him down. 

Some people hear what they want to hear.

Sutton is pro Hearts any time i've heard him. 

I was stood next to Uche in midweek..

He is very lean. Looks like pure muscle. 

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I agree with this. Might even give him that extra bit of pace that he seems to lack. 

Again, i'm not saying he's slow!

Pretty much. It's too binary for some people to understand it seems. Saying someone could be faster doesn't mean they're slow, just that there is further potential there to be reached 

30 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Thoughts with ya Jamhammer

32 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Sorry to hear that mate 

It should have been ten
34 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Sorry for your loss mate.

30 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Stay strong mate just remember Gorgie rules and even though my English team is Newcastle i dedicate these songs to u great result against Tottenham the other day 

Calebs Grandad
35 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Sorry for your loss mate. 

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Longshot but I lost my AirPods when celebrating the goal. Was section 30 and probably when running down the stairs 

Bump.

Anyone know the number for Hibs’ lost property? Can’t seem to find it anywhere or has anyone had any previous experience with losing something in their away end 

Bridge of Djoum
17 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Bump.

Anyone know the number for Hibs’ lost property? Can’t seem to find it anywhere or has anyone had any previous experience with losing something in their away end 

Try the nearest pawn shop.

Well done Steve MacLean looked hungry when he came on, Cochrane looked classy in fits and should hopefully keep his place for the rest of the season. Liam Miller song and other pish horrible to hear guess that's what happens when we go to general sale down there.

8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Try the nearest pawn shop.

Was expecting “yup many times losing my shit when we’ve scored winners there as we own Easter Road” but pawn shops fair enough...check you being helpful 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was expecting “yup many times losing my shit when we’ve scored winners there as we own Easter Road” but pawn shops fair enough...check you being helpful 

I'm a lovely, lovely guy. 

maroonsgotop

yep, heard Levein say on the radio that Uche was ill before the game and also took a knock to his knee and despite not being at his best kept going rounded off by the equaliser of course  

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

I agree. They desperately need game time.

Game time can not be underestimated.  It does not how fit a player is, you cannot replicate time played.

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

TV Commentary was brutal today. Apparently Uche could be a good player if “he lost some weight”. WTAF?! 

He'd weigh less if he didn't have defenders all over him.

21 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I've dedicated these songs because he has just lost his mother, the teams he supports and u post this :notsure:

Edited by Bongo 1874

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I've dedicated these songs because he has just lost his mother, the teams he supports and u post this :notsure:

Please accept my apology. I should’ve read the whole thread instead of the last page. I’ll remove my post and hope it hasn’t caused offence  It wasn’t my intention. If you can PM me his details or address send flowers. I’m 100% mortified mate 

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Please accept my apology. I should’ve read the whole thread instead of the last page. I’ll remove my post and hope it hasn’t caused offence  It wasn’t my intention. If you can PM me his details or address send flowers. I’m 100% mortified mate 

SJ Its fine. Genuine mistake and no offence taken bud

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

SJ Its fine. Genuine mistake and no offence taken bud

JH I’ve still not read the thread but I’m so sorry for your loss. ‘‘Twas a poor attempt at humour and I wholeheartedly apologise. 

Too much Beer, sun and Uches late equaliser lead to a few more beers than normal 

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

These tramps should have been rammed at Tynecastle the last time and won so they can feck off and slip their aunties a meat injection up the hoop.

:fth:

:greggy:

12 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

JH I’ve still not read the thread but I’m so sorry for your loss. ‘‘Twas a poor attempt at humour and I wholeheartedly apologise. 

Too much Beer, sun and Uches late equaliser lead to a few more beers than normal 

No problem mate everyone can make mistakes u have been honest enough to hold your hands up about it being a mistake and have apologised i take my hat off to you HHGH?

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

How is Uche fat? The guys must be less than 4% body fat. Sutton just trotting our shite to pretend he’s half interested in anything other than Celtic.

If he is then he needs to gain some fat. Being a professional footballer under 4% body fat would be a disgrace.

Fortunately though he isn't. He's also not 'fat' but he needs to work on his cardio and pace for me.

24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No problem mate everyone can make mistakes u have been honest enough to hold your hands up about it being a mistake and have apologised i take my hat off to you HHGH?

Thanks Bongo. I PM’d JH and I personally apologised. In future I’ll do a bit more reading of the thread rather than the last few postings and jumping to conclusions. 

On this occasion I feel my own goal was bigger than Berra’s. No offence meant. 

HHGH 

FTH

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Thanks Bongo. I PM’d JH and I personally apologised. In future I’ll do a bit more reading of the thread rather than the last few postings and jumping to conclusions. 

On this occasion I feel my own goal was bigger than Berra’s. No offence meant. 

HHGH 

FTH

?

42 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

These tramps should have been rammed at Tynecastle the last time and won so they can feck off and slip their aunties a meat injection up the hoop.

I imagine quite a few of them regularly indulge in this, some even with uncles?

chester copperpot
53 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Can always rely on you Jonno :lol:

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, rick witter said:

Agreed it doesn’t but I’m delighted we didn’t just roll over after going 1 -0 down like we have done of late. 

Great fightback and so happy for the big man to get a derby goal. 

Yip and it should be enough for them not to end up 4th.

Bit shite, but every cloud n' that.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Here is a thought: we have scored more goals in Edinburgh derbies this season than Hibs...