*****Official Hibs v Hearts match day thread*****

Marvin

Not seen one started yet. So I reckon it's time for some fringe players to step up and prove they are good enough for the final.

Given the circumstances Hearts to scrape through with a 1-0 win thanks to a Berra goal.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Marvin

• iantjambo

• kila

Psychedelicropcircle
44 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Not seen one started yet. So I reckon it's time for some fringe players to step up and prove they are good enough for the final.

Given the circumstances Hearts to scrape through with a 1-0 win thanks to a Berra goal.

?? the Berra blooter to drop like a mortar out the sky into the net! 

Cant see this team stepping up its game so a likely defeat sadly

MaskedMarauder

Wasn’t feeling so confident until the dinner at Tynie last night. Hearing Smith, Macca and Naismith speaking it’s clear how much work has went into this game on the training pitch this week. They’re well up for it. 2-0 Hearts

All about Hearts, if we turn up with the right mentality, which we seldom seem to do under Levein these days , we will get a result . Turn up with the usual lethargic cant  be arsed mentality and we'll get beaten . 

We aren't as bad as people make out  when we decide to turn up and they are nowhere near as good as they think they are . They've been riding their luck big time of late . 

If pushed I'd go for a draw but wouldn't be surprised if we beat them again down there tbh . 

42 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

?? the Berra blooter to drop like a mortar out the sky into the net! 

Cant see this team stepping up its game so a likely defeat sadly

I didn't want to say :sob:

gashauskis9

Scrappy 1-0, Uche with a late tap in.

Zlamal

Souttar

Shaugnessy

Berra

Smith

Djoum

Cochrane

Mulraney

Lee

Clare

Uche

Hard to predict... so little confidence in the team right now but time to find some form and bounce back

Bobby

Smith    Souttar    Berra    Dikamona    Burns

Clare       Lee       Djoum     Mulraney

Uche

The Internet

Hibs have only won 3 games against top 6 opposition this season. We've won 6. That's the kind of stat I'm clinging to right now. 

22 minutes ago, ramrod said:

All about Hearts, if we turn up with the right mentality, which we seldom seem to do under Levein these days , we will get a result . Turn up with the usual lethargic cant  be arsed mentality and we'll get beaten . 

We aren't as bad as people make out  when we decide to turn up and they are nowhere near as good as they think they are . They've been riding their luck big time of late . 

If pushed I'd go for a draw but wouldn't be surprised if we beat them again down there tbh . 

Well said ramrod, they’re extremely average but the new manager seems to have them organised. If we go at them from the start and with a bit of luck or better finishing which deserted us at Tynecastle  then we’ll  win. People on here are starting to believe the media myth that Hibs are world beaters. 

GorgieRules22
Just now, stevie1874 said:

Well said ramrod, they’re extremely average but the new manager seems to have them organised. If we go at them from the start and with a bit of luck or better finishing which deserted us at Tynecastle  then we’ll  win. People on here are starting to believe the media myth that Hibs are world beaters. 

Over the last few games Iv noticed that there are very little diehard Hearts fans on here and they don’t seem to have the same burning desire so I’m not surprised with some of the comments. No doubt 80% of kickback will watch the game in the pub or on the couch.

I've got a couple of mates with season tickets at Easter road and they're basically saying that they've had a couple of good performances but by and large they've sat back and ridden their luck and things are just going for then at the moment. Their offside goal v us a classic example.

Auldreidy1874

Let's descend on Fester Toad with the attitude that we're going to win this game as we always should.

Get the stand bouncing and up for it.

C'mon the Famous giphy.gif&ehk=1Rq10kl3pGa3nygxNKmo5A

Hibs are unbeaten in 9 since Heckingbottom came in.

They’ve conceded just 6 goals in those 9 games and scored 15. 

We’ve lost 6 and won just 2 of our last 9 games and have conceded 15 and scored 7. 

Hibs currently  have everything we don’t  with a confident, commanding keeper, a strong, attack minded midfield and an attack with pace that can score goals. They’ve completely turned their season around and look like they could potentially get European football after a disaster of a season up until February. Without our best two players in Haring and Naismith I don’t see us getting  anything from this game. Hopefully we put up a fight but I just don’t see where our goals come from at the moment and our defence looks incredibly fragile and nothing like last years. Levein lives to beat Hibs though so I still have faith we can get something. 

Edited by lsimp77

Levein will know that this is the last chance to win over fans for the season. I know we have a final to look forward to and beating Celtic would be massive, but getting beat of Hibs again would be the final nail for some of our support. 

For that reason I’m hoping we’re at it from the off and win 2 or 3 nil ? 

Captain Canada

Assuming Haring is definitely out: 

Bobby

Souttar        Dikamona         Berra

Smith  Cochrane Clare Edwards Jake 

Djoum 

Uche 

Subs: Doyle, Burns, Shaugnessy, Lee, Wighton, Bozanic and Godinho. 

Normally I'd like to see Clare further forward but I think he'd be best suited to a central midfield role as he's more mobile and quicker than Djoum. 

I know many won't want Cochrane or Edwards to start but I think they deserve a chance to show what they can do and stake a claim for the final. Our midfield has been pretty poor for months, so why not try something a bit different. Edwards has a good engine in him and will close people down better than Lee. 

It's definitely risky but playing the same guys every week hasn't been working. 

smartin1987

At the start of the week was worried about this game  but now confident we sneak a 1-0 win love when we are underdogs cmon hearts fth Harry Time has a come ?

29 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Assuming Haring is definitely out: 

Bobby

Souttar        Dikamona         Berra

Smith  Cochrane Clare Edwards Jake 

Djoum 

Uche 

Subs: Doyle, Burns, Shaugnessy, Lee, Wighton, Bozanic and Godinho. 

Normally I'd like to see Clare further forward but I think he'd be best suited to a central midfield role as he's more mobile and quicker than Djoum. 

I know many won't want Cochrane or Edwards to start but I think they deserve a chance to show what they can do and stake a claim for the final. Our midfield has been pretty poor for months, so why not try something a bit different. Edwards has a good engine in him and will close people down better than Lee. 

It's definitely risky but playing the same guys every week hasn't been working. 

That’s an interesting team. Would prefer to try it out against anyone but hibs, but why not 

The Future's Maroon

Feck the form book, league position or anything else.

This is Fffffhibs we’re playing.....3-1 easy win and have a funny feeling Clare will turn in his best performance (if fit), watch this space ?

Cruyff Turn

Bobby

Souttar.           Berra

Smith                                    Burns

Djoum

Lee.               Clare

Edwards.                             Mulraney 

Uche

The Future's Maroon
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Bobby

Souttar.           Berra

Smith                                    Burns

Djoum

Lee.               Clare

Edwards.                             Mulraney 

Uche

Funny that....I heard Edwards is in line to start on Sunday, interesting tbh...but good if he has done enough to prove he is worthy of a start.

Unlike some, I haven’t gave up hope he could be a player for us in the future.

Captain Canada
15 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

That’s an interesting team. Would prefer to try it out against anyone but hibs, but why not 

That's the stage I'm at. No point having a squad and not giving others a chance. 

Their midfield is quicker than ours so I think we should try to match them with players who will track runs but also give us something going forward. 

Psychedelicropcircle
29 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Feck the form book, league position or anything else.

This is Fffffhibs we’re playing.....3-1 easy win and have a funny feeling Clare will turn in his best performance (if no guttered )watch this space ?

FTFY?

FTH

FTH

FTH

FTH, FTH, FTHHHHHHHH

FTH

FTH

FTH

FTH,  F  T  H

Hearts win.  Why would we think anything else.

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

55 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Funny that....I heard Edwards is in line to start on Sunday, interesting tbh...but good if he has done enough to prove he is worthy of a start.

Unlike some, I haven’t gave up hope he could be a player for us in the future.

I would like  to see some experimentation with formations as we have nothing to lose. Smith back  to C/H in a back three. Burns used in midfield inside Mulraney. Cochrane and Edwards given game time. Djoum played up behind Uche . We know what we have with Bozanic and Lee, and I'm not suggesting that there's anything wrong with them, but it's time to try out all options as we'll need them.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Dikamona hopefully nowhere near team.

Arguably MOTM last time there

The Future's Maroon
5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

On the box anywhere?

BT Sport I think, maybe Sky.

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Dikamona hopefully nowhere near team.

Really? Can I ask why you say that, cos I’d have no fears with him playing.