Vanacek

salvo69

Jim Panzee
14 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I certainly wouldnt give up on him. Just wish he would stay on his bloody feet. Be good to get 2 or 3 round about him that can use the talents he does have. 

Like Steven Naismith

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jammy T

• Robbo-Jambo

• Ari Gold

• gjcc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

upgotheheads
22 hours ago, Prof said:

Grow up and stop calling Hearts supporters Hobos because they say something you and a few others don't like. Having watched Hearts since the late 50s I can say with some assurance that Uche is one of the worst forwards I have seen at Tynecastle. He never passes, puts his head down and runs into defenders, spends more time wrestling with centre backs and likes falling over.  His scoring record is abysmal. The reason he is popular is his enthusiasm and his work rate not skill.  

I'll call you out on this. I've been watching Hearts longer than you and if you think Uche is one of the worst strikers we've had then you've been 'watching' with your eyes closed.

Unknown user
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Harsh. He’ll be very good for us with the right service and support. His temperament and willingness to keep going, as well as the havoc he causes, push him into above average Hearts forward category so far IMO, alongside the likes of de vries, andy kirk, jim hamilton, zeefuik... decent players who brought something to the team and scored some important goals.

Potential legend though too.

Some of our worse strikers include Wittenween, Nade, Beneusis, Eskilson, Musemic, McAdam, Dauda... he’s nowhere near them

surely?

Tulberg, McCallum, we've had some duds over the years!

I think the guy needs to hit the ground running next season. Of course we need to play to his strengths but at the same time he needs to adapt to what we do, evolve his game and the coaching staff have a responsibility there also. 

I'm willing to give him time

Rocky jamboa

I reckon vanacek will be moved on/loaned out in the summer. Levein doesn't seem keen on him, for whatever reason. 

kingantti1874

Uche is “effective” but SPL is about the right level. A good asset for hearts

dikamona I like, an absolute warrior and a decent player

10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I reckon vanacek will be moved on/loaned out in the summer. Levein doesn't seem keen on him, for whatever reason. 

Maybe something to do with turning up in a state which is utterly useless to him as manager which has cost us big time in the 2nd half of the season.

Despite that I hope he comes good next season. 

Rocky jamboa
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Maybe something to do with turning up in a state which is utterly useless to him as manager which has cost us big time in the 2nd half of the season.

Despite that I hope he comes good next season. 

Fair enough but surely he's fit by now and deserves a second chance? 

Jambof3tornado
34 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

I think the guy needs to hit the ground running next season. Of course we need to play to his strengths but at the same time he needs to adapt to what we do, evolve his game and the coaching staff have a responsibility there also. 

I'm willing to give him time

Definitely this. Whats he got,18 months left come the summer? Kets judge him from the start of next season until xmas. 

I'd love to see him AND uche up top for a few games.

Leisham38
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I'll call you out on this. I've been watching Hearts longer than you and if you think Uche is one of the worst strikers we've had then you've been 'watching' with your eyes closed.

I’ve not been watching Hearts nearly as long as either of you and I’ve watched an abundance of worse strikers in maroon than Uche.

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Definitely this. Whats he got,18 months left come the summer? Kets judge him from the start of next season until xmas. 

I'd love to see him AND uche up top for a few games.

He's under contract. There must be something the management saw in him. Essentially it's in his hands now

On 02/05/2019 at 06:16, kimosavi said:

My bairn was born on the same day as his,  i noticed this after the wife gave birth and they took her off to theatre, so i was swaggering about the maternity ward looking for a photo. You know off the kids together with me and Big Dave,  but there was no sign of him. High as a kite on a adrenaline and Love I totally believed at the time he wanted to congratulate me, as did i with him and that a picture of us and the kids was a priority for me and him....2 Jambo's having their bairns within an hour of each other in the same hospital (the papers will be all over this) ............bout an hour later i worked out that he had actually had his bairn in the Czech republic, and the nurses weren't lying to me. there actually was nobody in the labour ward that was a big czech boy who's missus had given birth .......me popping my head in every room  door like a weirdo asking for Dave Vanececk seems a lot more embarrassing now than it did at the actual time 

Congratulations mate - bairns are fantastic

On 02/05/2019 at 07:10, davemclaren said:

Is the Czech league really a lower level?

No of course it isn’t.

Anyway talk about levels means little.

Haring was in the Austrian second division.

17 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

??? love Uche, love his big heart and will to compete....but I cant for the life of me see the big chap plying his trade in the EPL....technically he is light years away from that level....

Bookmark your thoughts though ?

Agree and I share the same sentiment. 

I do think playing up here in a more intense, competitive league may help him improve and see him move back down to a decent club outside the EPL.

He obviously loves playing for Hearts and in the SPL. It’s obvious to the eye he laps up the physical nature of the game and has taken on the challenge full throttle. The guy is a winner in terms of his effort and style he plays.

Its not easy and people shouldn’t forget that. He steps up every week and never hides. 

On 02/05/2019 at 10:29, Cwapsy said:

Zeefuick managed that.

Seriously though. I don't think a striker saying they want to score 10 in a team that were doing well at the time is really a bad thing or bigging themselves up. It's just confidence.  He was obviously fit enough to train, run about and impress Levein enough to get a start. He probably should have looked after himself and been fitter though but Levein must have known he wasn't up to his standards so shouldn't have played him. 

To be fair - if you are on instagram you’ll have seen that he basically went on a 3 week bender with his mates getting pished and bummed himself up a lot before arriving here. I think this is what the problem was.

I understand the question - why play him if he was clearly unfit? The medical team must have known.

Maybe Levein was just trying to make a fairly brutal point to him to shake him up. I know that will not win over the Levein haters but he was fairly brutal with Hartley and that worked out ok.

On 02/05/2019 at 23:35, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Dikamona is rubbish.

I said this a while back and I stand by it.

Uche is not rubbish and will play in the EPL one day.

Dikamona is not rubbish, since the last time you said it nothing has happened to back that opinion up either. He's not let us down once yet so can only assume your opinion is based on him being a somewhat unfashionable player. A journeyman up to this point who now at the peak of his powers is perfectly good cover for a top six spfl premiership side. He's everything you want from a squad player, leaves it all on the pitch, works his socks off, never complains about not playing and is clearly dedicated to the club. Would rather have someone like that on the bench for three years than have a revolving door of centre half cover with varying commitment, quality and attitudes. Team spirit is a big part of football and having continuity in the squad helps that massively 

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Correct, eyes must have been shut tight when Ernie Winchester was pulling his  milk float.

On 02/05/2019 at 12:57, Rods said:

This guy has become CL's scapegoat.

Played against Livi setup the goal

Played against Dundee and lost the ball and Dundee scored at that point he was subbed this was in the first half( note that 2 hearts players done the same against Rangers with no such ramifications) 

Played against Hamilton and was far from the worst player but subbed at HT anyway.

This seems like a mix of coming back unfit and poor man management.

Bozanic was dropped after Rangers game - can’t remember the other guy that ****ed up

21 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Probably score the winner in the cup final. 

:scenes:

Probably more chance of you doing that.

On 02/05/2019 at 11:57, kimosavi said:

I know ? that's what got me, but i assure you i checked every room on that ward ruby and dave wasn't there neither was his wife 

Did you take your wife’s shot of pethidine?

10 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

To be fair - if you are on instagram you’ll have seen that he basically went on a 3 week bender with his mates getting pished and bummed himself up a lot before arriving here. I think this is what the problem was.

I understand the question - why play him if he was clearly unfit? The medical team must have known.

Maybe Levein was just trying to make a fairly brutal point to him to shake him up. I know that will not win over the Levein haters but he was fairly brutal with Hartley and that worked out ok.

Its a myth that he “bummed himself up”

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Bozanic was dropped after Rangers game - can’t remember the other guy that ****ed up

Wighton

Also dropped

On 02/05/2019 at 15:21, kila said:

Disappointing if that's his stint over.

Seemed he suffered a cultural shock and thought Scottish fitba was a little easier. Maybe had looked at Kris Boyd and thought he could get away with being a pie man too.

Well look at what Uche did over the summer when before he arrived.

Properly researched the league and did why he needed to like Levein wanted him to play.

If Vanacek isn’t prepared to do that - I’m not sure you can blame Levein for Vanacek being a dick

26 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Never once saw a drink in his hands and I looked at his story daily. Every day or second day he was pouring with sweat on a treadmill though. He was in a hot country and could have drunk off camera, but still. No need to lie. 

Edit- one of the boys he was “on a bender” with joined a slavia Prague who are in the europa league in January and went right into the first team and has played 26 times since. He is also only 20 so probably more likely to be drinking and irresponsible. 

Edited by Dayman

Haringshairband
40 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Probably score the winner in the cup final. 

:scenes:

I know this is tongue in cheek but I think Levein might throw him in as an unknown quantity.

Tasavallan

Levein has history of carrying a grudge, just ask Michael Stewart or Gary McSweggan.

On 03/05/2019 at 10:19, westbow said:

Similarities to his husref  musemic. Except we paid money for moose. Good pedigree but same disappointment. Probably cost Alex MacDonalds his job. 

Yeah and mind he also bought Petric, Burns, beniuseless, Barajas, Kurskis, wittenveem and wanted to sign Tony capaldi instead of bringing Rudolph back.

He’s been ruining our club for 25 years

Edited by Jammy T

6 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Levein has history of carrying a grudge, just ask Michael Stewart or Gary McSweggan.

Carrying a grudge can be entirely justified.

WGAF?

17 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

??? love Uche, love his big heart and will to compete....but I cant for the life of me see the big chap plying his trade in the EPL....technically he is light years away from that level....

Bookmark your thoughts though ?

In the last few weeks Uche’s technical ability has seen him get an overhead kick on target from nowhere and nearly win the derby and do a bit of ball juggling to get a shot away and forcing a save against [insert team - can’t remember]

Uche has huge potential and has been a great signing for us.

29 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Never once saw a drink in his hands and I looked at his story daily. Every day or second day he was pouring with sweat on a treadmill though. He was in a hot country and could have drunk off camera, but still. No need to lie. 

Edit- one of the boys he was “on a bender” with joined a slavia Prague who are in the europa league in January and went right into the first team and has played 26 times since. He is also only 20 so probably more likely to be drinking and irresponsible. 

You missed the cocktail photos?

43 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Carrying a grudge can be entirely justified.

Got to agree with this.  ?

I’ve carried a grudge with me for 39 years, and it is showing no signs of letting up!

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If it transpires I'll be having a  multiple.  :sweeet:

Ftfy

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, john5698 said:

Correct, eyes must have been shut tight when Ernie Winchester was pulling his  milk float.

That's a blast from the past. 

2 hours ago, john5698 said:

:oohmatron:

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

In the last few weeks Uche’s technical ability has seen him get an overhead kick on target from nowhere and nearly win the derby and do a bit of ball juggling to get a shot away and forcing a save against [insert team - can’t remember]

Uche has huge potential and has been a great signing for us.

I agree with absolutely everything you have said...as a Hearts fan who now appears to vote with my money and feet after a few years of dire performances, Uche's desire and application put most to shame at our club...I would happily turn up and watch 10 outfield players with his thirst and need to compete...I simply said he wont IMHO play any part or meaningful way in EPL as his base level is some way short....doesnt mean I dont love seeing him put on our top and represent our club, as I do!!!

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Wonder if we will see him in the squad for today’s game.

Won’t feature again this season unless all our strikers get injured, so I’m told anyway.

Has been told to get himself fit and keep in shape for next season or he’s free to look for another club.  

Siphiwe Tshabalala
2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Dikamona is not rubbish, since the last time you said it nothing has happened to back that opinion up either. He's not let us down once yet so can only assume your opinion is based on him being a somewhat unfashionable player. A journeyman up to this point who now at the peak of his powers is perfectly good cover for a top six spfl premiership side. He's everything you want from a squad player, leaves it all on the pitch, works his socks off, never complains about not playing and is clearly dedicated to the club. Would rather have someone like that on the bench for three years than have a revolving door of centre half cover with varying commitment, quality and attitudes. Team spirit is a big part of football and having continuity in the squad helps that massively 

All your points are valid mate, completely.

I just don’t think he is technically good enough, he’s just not my cup of tea.

Again, only my opinion and happy to be proven wrong - ideally in the cup final! ?

Stephane Grappelli

Is this his chance now?  Maybe the huge hype and build up before he signed can be justified.

1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Is this his chance now?  Maybe the huge hype and build up before he signed can be justified.

He may (may) get his chance now that the big man looks like missing out.

Stephane Grappelli
8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He may (may) get his chance now that the big man looks like missing out.

Then there's Clare, Wigton, Stevie... so many exciting options.

I'm really annoyed at Levein about this. Playing Uche when we have no (meaningful) alternatives is beyond ****ing stupid. Assuming the worst and its a bad one, he's just cost us any chance of competing against Celtic in that cup final. It was always going to be a difficult task, but theres no chance MacLean or (Shudders) Wighton can compete against Celtic, and even less so given that Vanecek won't be played.

I'm not at all suggesting that Uche shouldn't have been played at all, but his game time should have been managed to ensure he would be at peak for the final. Vanecek should be being used in these utterly meaningless games to make sure our main striker doesn't miss out due to injury. 

A ****ing naive and stupid decision by Levein that has cost us any chance of competing in the Scottish Cup final. This isn't bad luck, its bad planning. 

Stephane Grappelli
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm really annoyed at Levein about this. Playing Uche when we have no (meaningful) alternatives is beyond ****ing stupid. Assuming the worst and its a bad one, he's just cost us any chance of competing against Celtic in that cup final. It was always going to be a difficult task, but theres no chance MacLean or (Shudders) Wighton can compete against Celtic, and even less so given that Vanecek won't be played.

I'm not at all suggesting that Uche shouldn't have been played at all, but his game time should have been managed to ensure he would be at peak for the final. Vanecek should be being used in these utterly meaningless games to make sure our main striker doesn't miss out due to injury. 

A ****ing naive and stupid decision by Levein that has cost us any chance of competing in the Scottish Cup final. This isn't bad luck, its bad planning. 

Correct.

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Manage his game time so sub all key players at half time? One of those things and not sure how it can be Levein’s fault.