• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jammy T

• Robbo-Jambo

• Ari Gold

• gjcc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looked like he had good feet and may well yet prove to be an asset if given a chance next season. I read somewhere (probably on here) that we were keen to offload already. 

6 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Knock yourself out...

4A73C7ED-F83E-4801-B684-67EA449A7CDC.thumb.jpeg.af4c3e0ae831b8120d6707dd2d02f10c.jpeg

Decent if you zoom in. Which being of the old school pervert variety I did post haste.

gashauskis9
6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

After getting the bums rush from Levein all season, Edwards suddenly seems to be back in his good books - so maybe there’s hope for Vanecek yet.

The big difference with Edwards though is that his attitude and fitness was never in question.  

My bairn was born on the same day as his,  i noticed this after the wife gave birth and they took her off to theatre, so i was swaggering about the maternity ward looking for a photo. You know off the kids together with me and Big Dave,  but there was no sign of him. High as a kite on a adrenaline and Love I totally believed at the time he wanted to congratulate me, as did i with him and that a picture of us and the kids was a priority for me and him....2 Jambo's having their bairns within an hour of each other in the same hospital (the papers will be all over this) ............bout an hour later i worked out that he had actually had his bairn in the Czech republic, and the nurses weren't lying to me. there actually was nobody in the labour ward that was a big czech boy who's missus had given birth .......me popping my head in every room  door like a weirdo asking for Dave Vanececk seems a lot more embarrassing now than it did at the actual time 

Still remember him at Tynie wearing the biggest shorts ever seen. I think that was the hint that he wasn’t going to be our saviour this season. Next season? Who knows 

davemclaren
6 hours ago, JyTees said:

Seen him up Riccarton and although playing at a lower level, I'm convinced he'll come good. Looks sharper, leaner and quicker. Boys got a good touch and vision. 

Taken by surprise by this league, like many before him.

Is the Czech league really a lower level?

davemclaren
54 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

My bairn was born on the same day as his,  i noticed this after the wife gave birth and they took her off to theatre, so i was swaggering about the maternity ward looking for a photo. You know off the kids together with me and Big Dave,  but there was no sign of him. High as a kite on a adrenaline and Love I totally believed at the time he wanted to congratulate me, as did i with him and that a picture of us and the kids was a priority for me and him....2 Jambo's having their bairns within an hour of each other in the same hospital (the papers will be all over this) ............bout an hour later i worked out that he had actually had his bairn in the Czech republic, and the nurses weren't lying to me. there actually was nobody in the labour ward that was a big czech boy who's missus had given birth .......me popping my head in every room  door like a weirdo asking for Dave Vanececk seems a lot more embarrassing now than it did at the actual time 

??

1971fozzy
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Don't even think about him as a player. pointless chapter.

This.  x100

unless there’s some miracle an absolute waste and filed under Hans Eskilson (mind at least he turned up fit)

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

That's just superb.

58 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

You could’ve named him Dave then Kimo....after Rodney! 

Little Davy Uchesavi. Would sit better with his classmates. 

Popping you’re head in every door asking for him ???. Kimo you plonker lol ? 

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Decent if you zoom in. Which being of the old school pervert variety I did post haste.

Haha

8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Well if he was just super excited to join us then why come to us totally unfit and unable to do his job. I have no idea how good or bad he is because of his I'll discipline  

No wonder Levein was raging with him and blasted him in the media. 

I hope he redeems himself next season and is already conducting his own pre season 

If he was unfit then I agree it’s poor. Still not hyping himself up though which he seems to get slated for on here.

Questions must be asked why he started his first 2 games if he was that unfit. He was training for 2 weeks in Spain, surely it was noticeable then?!

Whilst I doubt Vanecek is innocent, I don’t think it’s been handled very well in general.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Quality.

7 hours ago, JyTees said:

Seen him up Riccarton and although playing at a lower level, I'm convinced he'll come good. Looks sharper, leaner and quicker. Boys got a good touch and vision. 

Taken by surprise by this league, like many before him.

The Czech top flight is definitely not a lower standard.

Like all the strikers at Hearts... If we don't address the lack of quality and pace in wide areas and some creativity in centre midfield being a striker at Hearts is an absolute impossible task.

Thommo414
11 hours ago, sadj said:

Lack of sex so you have the energy to remove said finger and get on with yer career as opposed to the last trimester and the horn level of a pregnant hormonal eastern european woman?

Maybe....

Tho im sure that will now become sadj said Vanecek has been shit because he was getting all the sex  

I can assure you the horn level drops as soon as the last trimester hits. The second however...

Harry Potter
7 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

I can assure you the horn level drops as soon as the last trimester hits. The second however...

Horn level :lol:

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Are you sure they didn't think you were chapping on doors asking if anyone wants a 'f@nny check' ?

Edited by kila

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, kila said:

Are you sure they didn't think you were chapping on doors asking if anyone wants a 'f@nny check' ?

Dave has been more like  a Czech fhanny since he arrived. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

If he was unfit then I agree it’s poor. Still not hyping himself up though which he seems to get slated for on here.

Questions must be asked why he started his first 2 games if he was that unfit. He was training for 2 weeks in Spain, surely it was noticeable then?!

Whilst I doubt Vanecek is innocent, I don’t think it’s been handled very well in general.

It was noticeable Levein done it to humiliate him and let him see how fit you needed to be. Don't know if that was the right way to do it but the worrying thing is he has been here for months now training hard to lose that amount of weight but he still can't make the bench or even an impression in the reserves. 

I’m not defending the lad but the amount of people who comment on foreign players not able to hit the ground running and adapt to a new way of life, culture, weather and house is astounding...the majority of British players never go abroad and most that do don’t have any great impact.....I moved to Portugal for a year when I was young and hit the round running in an English speaking hotel though so there are success stories, met plenty of ladies with my one chat up line ?

BelgeJambo

Even the Maltese league must be better than ours

If we get in Europe, we will no doubt struggle again against anything from the back of beyond

Vanecek needs to hit the deck running next season.  A few goals in the League Cup to get his confidence up(if we are not in Europe)

Get ma coat

12 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hyped up far to much by the club nd himself before he signed stupid mistake to make  hopefully the club has learn lessons. 

He didn't hype himself up. He just said normal things that strikers say when joining a new club.

Levein shouldn't have played him if he didn't think he was up to scratch fitness wise. He might have been fit to play over there but clearly wasn't up to Levein's standards. So Levein shouldn't have thrown him to the kickback wolves by playing him. It's as simple as that.

All the big man said was the quote below and some posts saying he was excited to come to Hearts. What's wrong with that?

"I want to score over 10 goals this season for Hearts. I am going to help them challenge Celtic for the league title, and compete in the cups.

"I spoke with Craig Levein when I went over to Edinburgh, and looked around the club and the training camp.

"The city is beautiful - and I am very excited."

Robbo-Jambo
12 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

He didn't hype himself up. He just said normal things that strikers say when joining a new club.

Levein shouldn't have played him if he didn't think he was up to scratch fitness wise. He might have been fit to play over there but clearly wasn't up to Levein's standards. So Levein shouldn't have thrown him to the kickback wolves by playing him. It's as simple as that.

All the big man said was the quote below and some posts saying he was excited to come to Hearts. What's wrong with that?

"I want to score over 10 goals this season for Hearts. I am going to help them challenge Celtic for the league title, and compete in the cups.

"I spoke with Craig Levein when I went over to Edinburgh, and looked around the club and the training camp.

"The city is beautiful - and I am very excited."

Score ten goals in half a season when he turns up looking like a 6 ft 4 tall Sumo wrestler. ?

AGoodLaugh
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Is the Czech league really a lower level?

1 hour ago, E3OBE said:

The Czech top flight is definitely not a lower standard.

Like all the strikers at Hearts... If we don't address the lack of quality and pace in wide areas and some creativity in centre midfield being a striker at Hearts is an absolute impossible task.

Think he's talking about the Reserve league 

4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The big difference with Edwards though is that his attitude and fitness was never in question.  

What was in question? ?

28 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

He was quoted in some papers when he finally arrived as saying he wanted to be the top scorer in the league, I think that's possibly what people have picked up on

21 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Score ten goals in half a season when he turns up looking like a 6 ft 4 tall Sumo wrestler. ?

Zeefuick managed that.

Seriously though. I don't think a striker saying they want to score 10 in a team that were doing well at the time is really a bad thing or bigging themselves up. It's just confidence.  He was obviously fit enough to train, run about and impress Levein enough to get a start. He probably should have looked after himself and been fitter though but Levein must have known he wasn't up to his standards so shouldn't have played him. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A total cluster, firstly from the player to go on holiday, then Levein making a mockery of him.

I think he will end up back at Teplice. Be a bigger comeback than Tiger Woods now :whistling:

4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

His wife posted up a pic of them tagged at the ERI .

Robbo-Jambo
51 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

Zeefuick managed that.

Seriously though. I don't think a striker saying they want to score 10 in a team that were doing well at the time is really a bad thing or bigging themselves up. It's just confidence.  He was obviously fit enough to train, run about and impress Levein enough to get a start. He probably should have looked after himself and been fitter though but Levein must have known he wasn't up to his standards so shouldn't have played him. 

? Good answer about Zeefuick.                                                                                        Think Levein knew he was very unfit and knew he wasn't ready to play but I think when he is angry he will do things like that, whether it's the right or wrong way to deal with Vanacek is very much up for debate. ?

49 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

His wife posted up a pic of them tagged at the ERI .

I know ? that's what got me, but i assure you i checked every room on that ward ruby and dave wasn't there neither was his wife 

This guy has become CL's scapegoat.

Played against Livi setup the goal

Played against Dundee and lost the ball and Dundee scored at that point he was subbed this was in the first half( note that 2 hearts players done the same against Rangers with no such ramifications) 

Played against Hamilton and was far from the worst player but subbed at HT anyway.

This seems like a mix of coming back unfit and poor man management.

5 minutes ago, Rods said:

Played against Dundee and lost the ball and Dundee scored at that point he was subbed this was in the first half( note that 2 hearts players done the same against Rangers with no such ramifications) 

Played against Hamilton and was far from the worst player but subbed at HT anyway.

Or giving him the opportunity and he cocks it up for himself. We do not know Levein’s reason to hook him but we are quick enough to say Levein is too slow to spot when changes are needed and make the changes but we also challenge him when he takes an early decision. 

Facts are Vanecek was a regular scorer in a broadly similar quality league. His club did not want to lose him and delayed his move and he continued to play from start and score goals. It’s not unreasonable to expect we have a decent player on his way. He clearly let himself down during his holiday and put on a considerable amount of weight (as demonstrated by his appearance and comments on what he has lost). Levein gave him a couple of chances and he failed to deliver. 

Not sure what blame Levein has on this one. 

Big Slim Stylee
7 hours ago, kimosavi said:

???

4 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It was noticeable Levein done it to humiliate him and let him see how fit you needed to be. Don't know if that was the right way to do it but the worrying thing is he has been here for months now training hard to lose that amount of weight but he still can't make the bench or even an impression in the reserves. 

I very much doubt Levein would throw someone in just to sub them to humiliate them. If he did then I’m not sure how I feel with Levein gambling like that with team selections just to make a point. How many games did Clare get to get himself in shape? We were told after every game to be patient.  I very much doubt Vanecek is that unfit that he couldn’t have been on the bench and getting 20 mins when we need a goal.

i just find the management of him very questionable. 

If hes not not good enough, then we’ll just add it to the ever growing list. 

3 hours ago, Cwapsy said:

Zeefuick managed that.

Correct. Baffling management.

Robbo-Jambo
23 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I very much doubt Levein would throw someone in just to sub them to humiliate them. If he did then I’m not sure how I feel with Levein gambling like that with team selections just to make a point. How many games did Clare get to get himself in shape? We were told after every game to be patient.  I very much doubt Vanecek is that unfit that he couldn’t have been on the bench and getting 20 mins when we need a goal.

i just find the management of him very questionable. 

If hes not not good enough, then we’ll just add it to the ever growing list. 

Get what you are saying but everyone watching his debut could see he was overweight and struggling so why couldn't Levein. Plus he had him on a two week jaunt to Spain on the winter break beforehand to look at him. All in all its been a strange one since he arrived IMO. The twenty mins you are talking about on the bench is still not happening even after getting his fitness up and losing weight. 

Jim Panzee

must surely be factors off the field that we as fans are not privy too which is determining whats going on here. may even be a straightforward personality clash / falling out between manager and player that for now is irreconcilable. It happens. At least both parties are agreeing to say nothing on the matter.

Think it’s a strange one. On his debut he looked ok, some nice touches and awareness. 

Been hung out to dry a bit at a time when we create very little chances. Even from his YouTube it’s blatantly obvious he isn’t a worker type player and needs service. Harsh to judge him because he doesn’t play to the somewhat brutal style we have played since November. 

There’s isn’t a chance that Wighton is a better option upfront.

Edited by HMFC86

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Rods said:

Missed an absolute sitter at a Hamilton after doing nothing for the first 40 mins. 

soonbe110
4 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Even the Maltese league must be better than ours

If we get in Europe, we will no doubt struggle again against anything from the back of beyond

Vanecek needs to hit the deck running next season.  A few goals in the League Cup to get his confidence up(if we are not in Europe)

Get ma coat

Doubt he will be here next month never mind next season 

soonbe110
6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

must surely be factors off the field that we as fans are not privy too which is determining whats going on here. may even be a straightforward personality clash / falling out between manager and player that for now is irreconcilable. It happens. At least both parties are agreeing to say nothing on the matter.

Could be as simple as player not really following advice from our sports scientists as to how to get fit and lose the excess weight he is carrying. Seems to be little drive from Vanacek to turn things round. 

I have my doubts on whether Vanacek will be here next season.

Levein publicly slating him the way he has and making a statement by hauling him off in that first half the way he did, it will be very hard for the lad to come back from that.

The fact that we have been playing Craig Wighton before him says a lot!

Disappointing if that's his stint over.

Seemed he suffered a cultural shock and thought Scottish fitba was a little easier. Maybe had looked at Kris Boyd and thought he could get away with being a pie man too.

6 hours ago, salvo69 said:

I’m not defending the lad but the amount of people who comment on foreign players not able to hit the ground running and adapt to a new way of life, culture, weather and house is astounding...the majority of British players never go abroad and most that do don’t have any great impact.....I moved to Portugal for a year when I was young and hit the round running in an English speaking hotel though so there are success stories, met plenty of ladies with my one chat up line ?

Spill...