Vanacek

salvo69

9 hours ago, kimosavi said:

My bairn was born on the same day as his,  i noticed this after the wife gave birth and they took her off to theatre, so i was swaggering about the maternity ward looking for a photo. You know off the kids together with me and Big Dave,  but there was no sign of him. High as a kite on a adrenaline and Love I totally believed at the time he wanted to congratulate me, as did i with him and that a picture of us and the kids was a priority for me and him....2 Jambo's having their bairns within an hour of each other in the same hospital (the papers will be all over this) ............bout an hour later i worked out that he had actually had his bairn in the Czech republic, and the nurses weren't lying to me. there actually was nobody in the labour ward that was a big czech boy who's missus had given birth .......me popping my head in every room  door like a weirdo asking for Dave Vanececk seems a lot more embarrassing now than it did at the actual time 

That's just superb. :D

I hope you were wearing your scarf?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jammy T

• Robbo-Jambo

• Ari Gold

• gjcc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right now, he’s shaping up to have a pretty decent claim to trump Oshaniwa as the Levein regime’s worst signing. And there is some pretty stellar competition. 

Hopefully he gets fit and into contention. So far, the signing and his subsequent treatment and contribution has been a total cluster****. 

13 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Right now, he’s shaping up to have a pretty decent claim to trump Oshaniwa as the Levein regime’s worst signing. And there is some pretty stellar competition. 

Hopefully he gets fit and into contention. So far, the signing and his subsequent treatment and contribution has been a total cluster****. 

Could’ve been worse we were ready to part with cash for him in the summer!!

Turkishcap
17 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Could be the guy who wins us the cup!

20 minutes ago, Peebo said:

What ever happened to our World Cup star? Released in June 2017 with a year to go on his contract and has never to be heard off again.

Wonder if he is still living in Edinburgh on his redundancy pay?

Edited by Lambo85

Kylejordan

What worries me is the fact that we keep persevering with Wighton who is so lightweight. Haven’t seen anything from him yet and not entirely convinced. 

From watching Vanacek’s clips on YouTube. He is the type of player who if you get him the ball in and around the goal then he can score goals. Unfortunately for him he has been signed when we have a manager who doesn’t believe in getting the ball into strikers feet, only to pump it up to them. Also got put in again when we are soooo low on confidence and no one was scoring goals. 

Completely agree, regarding he gave the ball away against Dundee and got hooked soon after but against rangers two of Levein favourites did the same thing and nothing happened. 

He didn’t help himself of course by turning up unfit but that is bad management to play him then hang him out to dry. 

I would really like to see the guy given a full pre season to have a go. But hay what do any of us on here know. Everyone other than Levein can see something isn’t right with the way we play. 

8 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

I can assure you the horn level drops as soon as the last trimester hits. The second however...

Haha nae midwife job for me then ?? nae excuse then unless maybe the lack of sex in the third trimester meant she wasnt putting out so he wasn’t burning those extra cals....?

Thommo414
24 minutes ago, sadj said:

Haha nae midwife job for me then ?? nae excuse then unless maybe the lack of sex in the third trimester meant she wasnt putting out so he wasn’t burning those extra cals....?

Definitely. Just needs to beware of the old "dad fat" now or it's all even further downhill from here 

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

What ever happened to our World Cup star? Released in June 2017 with a year to go on his contract and has never to be heard off again.

Wonder if he is still living in Edinburgh on his redundancy pay?

Seems he’s playing for Akwa Utd. Finally hit the big time. 

7A8B214F-A90A-4045-B3F4-D5EAD5A5DFBC.jpeg

6 hours ago, Sid said:

Or giving him the opportunity and he cocks it up for himself. We do not know Levein’s reason to hook him but we are quick enough to say Levein is too slow to spot when changes are needed and make the changes but we also challenge him when he takes an early decision. 

Facts are Vanecek was a regular scorer in a broadly similar quality league. His club did not want to lose him and delayed his move and he continued to play from start and score goals. It’s not unreasonable to expect we have a decent player on his way. He clearly let himself down during his holiday and put on a considerable amount of weight (as demonstrated by his appearance and comments on what he has lost). Levein gave him a couple of chances and he failed to deliver. 

Not sure what blame Levein has on this one. 

Fair points but other players have also failed to deliver. Why banish him on GPS stats when he is just what we need - a goal scorer!

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, Peebo said:

It woukd be a decent point if it wasn't Robbie that signed Oshinawa. And we don't know if the club have been too harsh on DV or not. From what I've seen he was out of shape and hasn't kicked his own arse yet. 

At the moment though it does look like a shite signing. 

17 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It woukd be a decent point if it wasn't Robbie that signed Oshinawa. And we don't know if the club have been too harsh on DV or not. From what I've seen he was out of shape and hasn't kicked his own arse yet. 

Does anybody actually know who was responsible for signing Oshinawa, Martin, Sammon, Vanacek and the other duds which includes Uche and Dikamona? The only common factor in all these signings is CL or AB.

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Is the Czech league really a lower level?

Talking about the reserve league Dave. I'd say Czech league was probably of a similar standard to ours.

12 hours ago, E3OBE said:

The Czech top flight is definitely not a lower standard.

Like all the strikers at Hearts... If we don't address the lack of quality and pace in wide areas and some creativity in centre midfield being a striker at Hearts is an absolute impossible task.

See reply to Dave. I've re read my post and still don't see how it came over that way. When did the Czech league play fixtures at Riccarton?

10 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Think he's talking about the Reserve league 

I'm late back to the party but ??

i wish jj was my dad
21 minutes ago, Prof said:

Does anybody actually know who was responsible for signing Oshinawa, Martin, Sammon, Vanacek and the other duds which includes Uche and Dikamona? The only common factor in all these signings is CL or AB.

The head coach selects the players. How many times does this need explained and how mant people need to explain it.

As for your comments about Uche and Dikamona. Very strange. Plenty of other candidates to call duds before them. 

Enzo Chiefo
26 minutes ago, Prof said:

Martin was MacPhee's man. He spotted him playing for France U21s while he, AM, was doing work for Mexico. Brought him in for, you guessed it....his set piece expertise. 

5 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

The head coach selects the players. How many times does this need explained and how mant people need to explain it.

As for your comments about Uche and Dikamona. Very strange. Plenty of other candidates to call duds before them. 

Where is the proof that the coaches select the players? No matter how many say that  - It’s all based on heresay.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Where is the proof that the coaches select the players? No matter how many say that  - It’s all based on heresay.

:laugh: so everyone who's been involved and actually has knowledge and experience of the situation agrees that the head coach had the final say, but that's hearsay and your completely uninformed view is more likely?

Now that's self belief, you should start taking the penalties!

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Talking about the reserve league Dave. I'd say Czech league was probably of a similar standard to ours.

?

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

By “Levein’s regime”, I meant the period during which Levein has been in charge of footballing operations at the club. 

I don’t know if they’ve been too harsh on him, either. But in terms of hype and anticipation, followed by dismal performances and ostracisation, the parallels are clear. Oshaniwa certainly isn’t the worst player we’ve had during Levein’s time as DoF (not even the worst left back!), but he’s certainly the biggest failure as a signing. Vanacek is approaching similar levels of disappointment. 

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh: so everyone who's been involved and actually has knowledge and experience of the situation agrees that the head coach had the final say, but that's hearsay and your completely uninformed view is more likely?

Now that's self belief, you should start taking the penalties!

Utter speculation. The only people who know who selected the duds are AB,  RN, Cathro, McPhee or CL and certainly not the “in the know brigade” on Kickback.

Unknown user
Just now, Prof said:

Utter speculation. The only people who know who selected the duds are AB,  RN, Cathro, McPhee or CL and certainly not the “in the know brigade” on Kickback.

Yeah, and Budge, Neilson, Cathro and Levein have all confirmed the same thing.

You, some bloke with internet access, disagree.

The prosecution rests m'lud

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Leveins ultimately in charge of all football operations since 2014.

I'm far from his strongest critic but it's clearly his responsibility to ensure football is of the best standard. 

He's tried different things. But bar the Neilson years things have drifted. 

Plenty will get the boot in for Neilson I still find that political. Pissed a league had us in Europe and once he left our points tally has never been close to what he had been doing.  

Callum Paterson departure was another blow. Cathro emptying Johnsen and Kitchen and probably ending Nicholson and Walker. 

All of these players were delivering more often than not. All had their critic's of course but we have stagnated since all of these people left despite some of the flaws.

Unfortunately people like me spend too much time on social media talking about football and it's creating knee jerk reaction that didn't exist even 10years ago.

Leveins reacted to the pressure in different ways. Probably best if he just cracks on with it to be honest. 2 years in another overhaul I am not sure is going to be any better 

Edited by Sir Gio

5 hours ago, Kylejordan said:

What worries me is the fact that we keep persevering with Wighton who is so lightweight. Haven’t seen anything from him yet and not entirely convinced. 

From watching Vanacek’s clips on YouTube. He is the type of player who if you get him the ball in and around the goal then he can score goals. Unfortunately for him he has been signed when we have a manager who doesn’t believe in getting the ball into strikers feet, only to pump it up to them. Also got put in again when we are soooo low on confidence and no one was scoring goals. 

Completely agree, regarding he gave the ball away against Dundee and got hooked soon after but against rangers two of Levein favourites did the same thing and nothing happened. 

He didn’t help himself of course by turning up unfit but that is bad management to play him then hang him out to dry. 

I would really like to see the guy given a full pre season to have a go. But hay what do any of us on here know. Everyone other than Levein can see something isn’t right with the way we play. 

Maybe just maybe Levein knows a bit more than you do though

Kylejordan
13 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Maybe just maybe Levein knows a bit more than you do though

If he brings the cup back to Tynecastle then I shall admit it but until that has happened I am not so sure ?

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Prof said:

Uche and Dikamona are duds are they. Sounds like you want them to fail more like. Strange. 

6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Uche and Dikamona are duds are they. Sounds like you want them to fail more like. Strange. 

Loads of Hobos on this thread as on others directing the bile against CL. it's disgusting!

Edited by tcjambo

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Dikamona is rubbish.

I said this a while back and I stand by it.

Uche is not rubbish and will play in the EPL one day.

Rocky jamboa

DV doesn't look that bad the times I've seen him - albeit few and far between. 

I can only assume he's had a fall out with levein. Why else would he not even make the bench? 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
8 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Dikamona is rubbish.

Not a chance mate

Vamos a para cama (I was told it was come home with me) I think the way I struggled to say it was endearing ?

OmiyaHearts
10 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Dikamona is rubbish.

You've lost it mate, Uche will never be good enough for EPL. He's just a bulldozer but we're a good level for him.

Similarities to his husref  musemic. Except we paid money for moose. Good pedigree but same disappointment. Probably cost Alex MacDonalds his job. 

18 hours ago, Kylejordan said:

So, a post about Vanecek starts off with Wighton and then spends nearly all the rest denigrating the management.  I wonder.

However, acknowledging the fact that DV turned up unfit is hardly a professional approach and we don't know what goes on in training.  Personally, I would like to see him in the team and producing some of what we see on YouTube.  He seems to lack energy and bite but I am sure it may have affected him coming to a foreign country with a child on the way.  Will the real DV stand up?

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Loads of Hobos on this thread as on others directing the bile against CL. it's disgusting!

Grow up and stop calling Hearts supporters Hobos because they say something you and a few others don't like. Having watched Hearts since the late 50s I can say with some assurance that Uche is one of the worst forwards I have seen at Tynecastle. He never passes, puts his head down and runs into defenders, spends more time wrestling with centre backs and likes falling over.  His scoring record is abysmal. The reason he is popular is his enthusiasm and his work rate not skill.  

Robbo-Jambo
52 minutes ago, Prof said:

Grow up and stop calling Hearts supporters Hobos because they say something you and a few others don't like. Having watched Hearts since the late 50s I can say with some assurance that Uche is one of the worst forwards I have seen at Tynecastle. He never passes, puts his head down and runs into defenders, spends more time wrestling with centre backs and likes falling over.  His scoring record is abysmal. The reason he is popular is his enthusiasm and his work rate not skill.  

Sad thing is the way we play football we are lost without him. 

3 hours ago, Prof said:

It might be because a core of posters seldom post anything good or constructive about the team.

BTW I have been watching St Mirren, Hibs, Celtic and many other teams for years but that does not mean I support any of them.  For the avoidance of doubt, I don't.

Pans Jambo
5 hours ago, Prof said:

I dont dislike Uche at all but I find this post hard to disagree with. He scored a very good goal last week but prior to that I was calling him a "lump o wid" that day. 

With some fine tuning and gradual improvement Uche will get better and has huge potential. People surely see that - you do eh? Surely. Come on man eh? 

Pans Jambo
45 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

With some fine tuning and gradual improvement Uche will get better and has huge potential. People surely see that - you do eh? Surely. Come on man eh? 

I certainly wouldnt give up on him. Just wish he would stay on his bloody feet. Be good to get 2 or 3 round about him that can use the talents he does have. 

19 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Dikamona is rubbish.

??? love Uche, love his big heart and will to compete....but I cant for the life of me see the big chap plying his trade in the EPL....technically he is light years away from that level....

Bookmark your thoughts though ?

jambo_No5
7 hours ago, Prof said:

If you've watched Hearts since the late 50s and Uche is 1 of the worst forwards you've seen at Tynecastle then you cant have watched Hearts much at all. 

Auld Reekin'
9 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

If you've watched Hearts since the late 50s and Uche is 1 of the worst forwards you've seen at Tynecastle then you cant have watched Hearts much at all. 

:icon14:

Or even since the mid-to-late 70s, like myself.

Anyway, hope Vanacek comes good - and doing so in the remaining few games of this season would be ideal!

Edited by Auld Reekin'

sandyseymour
8 hours ago, Prof said:

?

Siphiwe Tshabalala
56 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

??? love Uche, love his big heart and will to compete....but I cant for the life of me see the big chap plying his trade in the EPL....technically he is light years away from that level....

Bookmark your thoughts though ?

Plenty of time to progress for the big guy - his route to the EPL will be via the Championship I’d guess! 

11 hours ago, Prof said:

Harsh. He’ll be very good for us with the right service and support. His temperament and willingness to keep going, as well as the havoc he causes, push him into above average Hearts forward category so far IMO, alongside the likes of de vries, andy kirk, jim hamilton, zeefuik... decent players who brought something to the team and scored some important goals.

Potential legend though too.

Some of our worse strikers include Wittenween, Nade, Beneusis, Eskilson, Musemic, McAdam, Dauda... he’s nowhere near them

surely?

On 02/05/2019 at 20:50, Prof said:

Dont forget Danny Amankwaa....

but Uche and Dikamona a “dud”???? ?

Edited by Thomaso