Curtis Main

Jeff

The Internet
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Whats Shankland done above Championship level? I know you're probably not advocating for him, but we're not the club that gets complete packages. We either get old and winding down (assuming they want to finish things up here), Mid career and bang average, or youth which brings a whole new level of inconsistency. 

We need to take educated punts on players. Is Cummings a goalscorer who hit a lot in the championship and initially had good form at Peterborough before his meltdown worth taking a punt on? I'd say given the volume of Scottish players to go down south and fail, he is worth the risk finances permitting. 

When the bar is so low we're seriously looking at Curtis Main I genuinely don't think cummings is the worst shout. 

If anyone can suggest better options, I'm all for it... 

Fair point regarding main :lol: dunno I'd say Shankland is different as he's scoring at an unbelievable rate, more than Cummings ever managed, for a newly promoted Ayr team and having watched him offers loads as well as goals, Cummings got 6 chances a game playing for hibs in the 2nd tier which is just different, and he's done nothing since which makes me doubt he'd do it for us. 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Jodami

• RudiHMFC

• GYL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Contract has been offered. Don't shoot the messenger ffs.

If true, has to be Vanacek replacement. Or they have had an offer for Uche. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Going to be a key player retaining the Reserve Cup  :whistling:

i wish jj was my dad

Disappointing if true. I actually think he is a decent ce tre forward but he can't play alongside Uche. 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It's not all bad news though folks. Aberdeen have also offered him a deal. 'Mon the Dandy Dons??

Come on Aberdeen, use the greater budget.

I can see some things he can do well but not enough for us to be in for him. 

maroonsgotop
26 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

if true, feels like a desperate signing

Cummings would be a better punt because he has a particular trait....he can finish.  If that was based on ability alone. 

His attitude is questionable though.  

But basing it on ability to finish, he’d be a better signing than Main as we already have a battering ram in Uche. 

Hearts lack of goals suggest we need to build a team around players who have the knack to tuck the ball away. 

Hearts used to be like that. We’ve never been an exact science. 

We used to fight and work for opportunities. It didn’t always come off but we kept going and had players who turned those opportunities into goals eventually. 

Like other teams are doing now.

tokyowalnut

He'll end up at Aberdeen, bag 12-15 goals and this place will go into traditional JKB meltdown because he never came to us!!

ScottieMac17

Hearts need natural goalscorers... I’d rather see us take a chance on a player like Cummings or Shankland rather than Main. 

Depressing if a contract has been offered as this points to no change in management next season. In fairness it's hard for a striker to score many goals for us if they are up front themselves, it's a pretty thankless task. 

13 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

We'd be better targeting the young laddie Turnbull that scored 2 for Motherwell today.

He's too caught up in all that nice football nonsense, we need players who can get stuck in and wrestle with the opposition.

15 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

We'd be better targeting the young laddie Turnbull that scored 2 for Motherwell today.

Imagine he’s beyond our reach now, very highly regarded by Well 

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I take it you find the contract offer "embarassing" Notts... 

2 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

He's been regarded well for years apparently. Googled his name a few weeks back because he seems to be doing well. Age 12 or 13 he signed for them and they beat off decent competition to nab him. If theres no chance of us signing him I hope he gets a good move. If the SFA can get their act together with the kids we've got coming through we should have a very positive future ahead. 

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I take it you find the contract offer "embarassing" Notts... 

I have no idea what the offer is so I can't comment. Cracking patter though. Almost as bad as mine ?

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I have no idea what the offer is so I can't comment. Cracking patter though. Almost as bad as mine ?

Touché! Sorry mate, your bang on it's bad chat. I suppose it's how I feel in the current situation tainting what is clearly good news with Naismith. Fingers crossed tomorrow we need to stand up to the vermin for the full 90 minutes. 

39 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Hearts need natural goalscorers... I’d rather see us take a chance on a player like Cummings or Shankland rather than Main. 

Ding ding! This in spades. 

7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Believe we have only sold 10k so far 3.5k less than this time last year. 

OK but we have a Scottish cup final and hibs tickets to shift at the same time so will be a slower uptake with the money fans need to spend

10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Touché! Sorry mate, your bang on it's bad chat. I suppose it's how I feel in the current situation tainting what is clearly good news with Naismith. Fingers crossed tomorrow we need to stand up to the vermin for the full 90 minutes. 

I was probably ott yesterday. This would be a shite signing in my view but I've not seen enough / any of Motherwell to be an expert. I always keep my views to Levein to myself as there is no point banging on about it on here.

37 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Depressing if a contract has been offered as this points to no change in management next season. In fairness it's hard for a striker to score many goals for us if they are up front themselves, it's a pretty thankless task. 

I believe several players that do not currently play for us have been offered contracts for next season so I’d suggest the manager isn’t going anywhere.  Some will be announced before cup final some right after if they are finalised. 

The Future's Maroon

Excellent, fans are now even writing players off before they even sign.

IF he signs for us at least give him a chance before slating him.

31 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

About to sign precontract at Govan 

17 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Believe we have only sold 10k so far 3.5k less than this time last year. 

Quite a few waiting for the Zebra replacement I’d imagine, plus payday this weekend for many so due to be renewed before Tuesday deadline, which is now end May. Probably not 3.5k in those categories but it will be a fair few. Expensive time for Hearts fans at the moment, semi, final, Easter road, season ticket. For a guy with two or three kids it’s been a layout of over £1k during April, much more if your kids are late teens. 

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He cant get a game for Motherwell ffs!!

Probably because they know he is off. Will Djoum play tomorrow, if rumours on other thread are true?

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Probably because they know he is off. Will Djoum play tomorrow, if rumours on other thread are true?

Knowing levein probably. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I believe several players that do not currently play for us have been offered contracts for next season so I’d suggest the manager isn’t going anywhere.  Some will be announced before cup final some right after if they are finalised. 

I can understand that on one level but obviously I find that disappointing as I think he's doing a poor job. It does rather destroy any myth of performance reviews taking place at Tynecastle. Doesn't matter what you do carry on regardless spending money on players to fit the Charles Hughes strategic model discredited while Thatcher was still in power. Incredibly depressing. 

Dagger Is Back
On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 18:47, Tasavallan said:

Cummings is a natural goal scorer BUT he needs to be played to his strengths.  Lobbing balls from Berra to Uche in a contested box is not an option.

My lad played alongside Jason at Hutchie U19s.  Keep the ball on the ground and get wingers to make the bye line and cross into the box and Jason will score.  Keep ball to feet.

Play as we are at the moment and Cummings would be wasted.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

If he does it'll be because Aberdeen play the same way as Motherwell. In that they attack down the sides, get it in the box, & look for 1st & 2nd chances for strikers & attacking mids to feed off of.

Us...it'll be like John Sutton all over again, I'd fancy.

You'll go a long way to find a couple of more on the ball posts. We took Sutton who'd had a decent scoring record and tried to shoehorn him in to a different way of playing. A way that didn't play to his strengths

20 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I can understand that on one level but obviously I find that disappointing as I think he's doing a poor job. It does rather destroy any myth of performance reviews taking place at Tynecastle. Doesn't matter what you do carry on regardless spending money on players to fit the Charles Hughes strategic model discredited while Thatcher was still in power. Incredibly depressing. 

Like your post?

CloustonHMFC

I’d rather not have either Cummings or Main but between the two it would have to be Cummings. 

Main has Sammon mk 2 written all over it.