Curtis Main

Jeff

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Fair enough. I'm off to the boozer  and will spend the evening   salivating at the thought of an Uche/Curtis front pairing.  It doesn't bear thinking about - if true. WTF happens to Vanadud then ? 

Think you answered your own question lol....i've been on the beer since 1 ish lol enjoy the pub?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Jodami

• RudiHMFC

• GYL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Fair enough. I'm off to the boozer  and will spend the evening   salivating at the thought of an Uche/Curtis front pairing.  It doesn't bear thinking about - if true. WTF happens to Vanadud then ? 

Zero chance they would  start together up front , it's either or 

Motherwell fans really don't rate Main at all. Granted they've had some solid signings in that position (Sutton, Bald Scouse guy, and the lad that went to preston.. having a mind blank here :D). Sounding like every warning possible is out there to avoid. They watch him every week and seem quite content to pay for his taxi. 

If Craigs seriously looking at Main I'm thinking he might be losing the plot. He's not good enough and won't challenge Uche in any meaningful way. 

Edit: Will also throw my support behind bringing Zeefuik back. Our chubby dutch prince ?

Edited by OTT

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, OTT said:

Motherwell fans really don't rate Main at all. Granted they've had some solid signings in that position (Sutton, Bald Scouse guy, and the lad that went to preston.. having a mind blank here :D). Sounding like every warning possible is out there to avoid. They watch him every week and seem quite content to pay for his taxi. 

If Craigs seriously looking at Main I'm thinking he might be losing the plot. He's not good enough and won't challenge Uche in any meaningful way. 

Edit: Will also throw my support behind bringing Zeefuik back. Our chubby dutch prince ?

Louis Moult?

3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Christ on a bike. Criticise him for yesterday because we were shite but to have a go about an unsubstantiated rumour makes I8 look sane. 

Criticising Levein about signings is shooting fish in a barrel. The Ryan Edwards episode is an embarrassment, we would be laughing at any other club wasting money like that. And I stand by my original point, why let him plan for next season when he should be emptied. 

31 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Can absolutely confirm he was at Tynecastle in the week leading to the semi final.

He wasn't alone.

Hopefully he was just doing a bit of security work for a real football player.

Never Let Them Forget
44 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Can absolutely confirm he was at Tynecastle in the week leading to the semi final.

He wasn't alone.

Who else was there?

WheatfieldWarrior
37 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Mate says he didn't recognise either of them.

Was it any of these guys?

15474098393293.jpg

He would fit perfectly into our current style of hoofball .

Edited by ceasar

Famous 1874
5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Surely the board recognise the mood amongst the support at the moment and should stop CL signing anymore shite before his position has been reviewed. 

Personally, I can’t see us signing him. That would be like signing your own death warrant. 

Board are just as clueless. 

3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Mate says he didn't recognise either of them.

Wasn't a grey haired chap with an Irish accent? 

I'd like us to try and pinch Andrew Nelson off Dundee once they're relegated.

Maybe offer them some cash plus Wighton back.

Curtis Main is a short arse.  Not a Levein type at all.  But has the figure of a Robbo so could feed off Uche.

Mind you, what surprises me is that Vanecek is taller and heavier than Uche yet he is a powder puff.

ToadKiller Dog

Rather we looked at Safranco at the Arabs,, strong mobile, powerful shot, scores goals. If we are looking at the Scottish market for a forward. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Good news for Dunfermline this. 

:rofl:

Scary that we're maybe considering this absolute donkey!

The_razors_edge

Motherwell ST holder at my work hasn't heard anything about this. He also said to me this morning that a lot of their goals come as a result of his hard work and hold up play, although he didn't seem that fussed about losing him and conceded he's not a natural goalscorer. 

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

:rofl:

Scary that we're maybe considering this absolute donkey!

Hope it’s a load of shit.

It will be the usual let’s give him time for a few months of utter shite.  Steven Maclean’s replacement? 

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, The_razors_edge said:

Motherwell ST holder at my work hasn't heard anything about this. He also said to me this morning that a lot of their goals come as a result of his hard work and hold up play, although he didn't seem that fussed about losing him and conceded he's not a natural goalscorer. 

Thing is, we really don’t need grafters in attacking positions. Uche is a grafter, Naisy is but has intelligence and quality. We need clever, creative and intelligent players. Not a team of Gavin Reillys. 

1 hour ago, The_razors_edge said:

A striker who can't score but can hold up the ball

:interehjrling: 

The_razors_edge
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Thing is, we really don’t need grafters in attacking positions. Uche is a grafter, Naisy is but has intelligence and quality. We need clever, creative and intelligent players. Not a team of Gavin Reillys. 

For the record I totally agree.

maroonshrew

This is now off topic and I apologise but I do wonder whether we have ever looked at Jordy Hiwula who just scored for Coventry against Pompey. I watch a lot of League 1 and 2 football and he's a guy whose app/goals record isn't as flattering as it could be due to spending every season at a diff club for many years. 

The point is there's a lot of talent in League one and even some in League 2 with players often willing to let contracts run down in the hope of bigger moves and there's talent to be mined there before we go for Curtis f'ing Main. 

When Uche got injured this season, we still tried to play the exact same way with MacLean up top on his own. Which isn’t his game, we were absolutely awful. CL is clearly trying to address this problem. Curtis Main isn’t great, he’s ok. But he’d clearly be nothing more than a back up to Uche if he were to get injured again.

I don’t even think it would be that bad a signing.

Famous 1874

Absolutely screaming out for a poacher type number 9. 

Uche, Main*, Wighton, MacLean and Vanecek** simply don’t score enough. 

* used in comparison with our strikers and as he is what the thread is about 

** haven’t seen enough of him but he really looks pony, if the Main rumours end up true then  his Hearts career is basically over. 

All of those strikers mentioned above excluding Uche should not be at the club by the start of next season - simply not good enough but we can’t play Uche up top on his own as he goal scoring exploits are dreadful. 

Edited by Famous 1874

13 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

When Uche got injured this season, we still tried to play the exact same way with MacLean up top on his own. Which isn’t his game, we were absolutely awful. CL is clearly trying to address this problem. Curtis Main isn’t great, he’s ok. But he’d clearly be nothing more than a back up to Uche if he were to get injured again.

I don’t even think it would be that bad a signing.

Are you serious? He has no idea how to address this problem. He signed Vanacek thinking he was another target man and clearly he isn't. If he is seriously trying to sign Main then he is just the same type of player and will no doubt fail.

The one thing he does offer is he gives 100% all the time but he will not address our scoring issues.

I don't want Levein wasting any more of our clubs money on anymore of his dud signings we all know who they are so not even going to bother listing them.

Edited by wavydavy

Curtis Main would be an ok replacement for Uche when required.

What we really need is someone to replace Lafferty......we got the money but used it elsewhere.

Main won’t be that 20 goal a season striker that we desperately need.

The Internet
51 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

This is now off topic and I apologise but I do wonder whether we have ever looked at Jordy Hiwula who just scored for Coventry against Pompey. I watch a lot of League 1 and 2 football and he's a guy whose app/goals record isn't as flattering as it could be due to spending every season at a diff club for many years. 

The point is there's a lot of talent in League one and even some in League 2 with players often willing to let contracts run down in the hope of bigger moves and there's talent to be mined there before we go for Curtis f'ing Main. 

We picked up uche and olly lee from those leagues so I imagine it's a market we're active in. Definitely some good players to be found there but I think in a lot of cases players would rather be in those leagues as there's a better chance of them moving up to the championship/epl if they stand out. 

29 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Are you serious? He has no idea how to address this problem. He signed Vanacek thinking he was another target man and clearly he isn't. If he is seriously trying to sign Main then he is just the same type of player and will no doubt fail.

The one thing he does offer is he gives 100% all the time but he will not address our scoring issues.

I don't want Levein wasting any more of our clubs money on anymore of his dud signings we all know who they are so not even going to bother listing them.

He signed Vanecek as a replacement for Lafferty, and so far it hasn’t worked out. Main would be a back up to Uche. How are you failing to understand that?

Are you serious? 

maroonshrew
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

We picked up uche and olly lee from those leagues so I imagine it's a market we're active in. Definitely some good players to be found there but I think in a lot of cases players would rather be in those leagues as there's a better chance of them moving up to the championship/epl if they stand out. 

Yea it's very much a needle in a haystack finding the right situation, player and circumstance. It's a weird alchemy we need to get them. And yea I am sure our scouts know all these players in L1 and L2 that might be available way more than I do. I'd love to see those notepads though. We get hurt by how big the Championship is as a league even if not all the clubs in it are. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

He signed Vanecek as a replacement for Lafferty, and so far it hasn’t worked out. Main would be a back up to Uche. How are you failing to understand that?

Are you serious? 

I am serious that I don't want Levein to be allowed to make any more signings. I also understand exactly why he may want Main and it bothers me that in doing so it means he is still going to enforce the punt up for the big man yet again with no plan B. 

Are you happy with that style of play?  It would'nt be so bad if it worked but most of the time it doesn't.

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I am serious that I don't want Levein to be allowed to make any more signings. I also understand exactly why he may want Main and it bothers me that in doing so it means he is still going to enforce the punt up for the big man yet again with no plan B. 

Are you happy with that style of play?  It would'nt be so bad if it worked but most of the time it doesn't.

Maybe it hasn’t worked most of the time because we’ve not had the players to play it most of the season. I don’t care how we play, as long as we win. If we’d had Main this season to come in when Uche was injured, I’m sure we would have more points right now.

35 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Just go and get Shankland. Maybe not played at top level but knows where the net is!!

Shankland would make sense. I also noticed the top scorer in league 2 down south - James Norwood, is out of contract. 27 goals this season. If we could afford it, might be worth doing. 

21 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Maybe it hasn’t worked most of the time because we’ve not had the players to play it most of the season. I don’t care how we play, as long as we win. If we’d had Main this season to come in when Uche was injured, I’m sure we would have more points right now.

Quite possibly however why is it that we don't have the players to play it as you say. Injuries aside we don't have players good enough in our midfield to take the ball from Uche. Or if we don't have the players why persist with this game plan?

Why is that?

We all want our team to win but I am sure most of us would prefer a better style of play and being able to change it when we have injuries or suspensions to key players.

CL is so one dimensional or possibly stubborn that he wont or can't change the system. Maybe he feels he doesn't have the players to change things but if that is the case then the reason for that lies at his door as he is the man that signs the players.

He doesn't have Cathro or anyone else to blame now because that team  and style of play is now his and nobody else's.

bajthejambo

It will never happen, but we should be looking to try and bring in Jason Cummings. He's exactly what we need. I don't care that he's a bit of a dafty off the park. A lot of players are.

OmiyaHearts
26 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

It will never happen, but we should be looking to try and bring in Jason Cummings. He's exactly what we need. I don't care that he's a bit of a dafty off the park. A lot of players are.

Not the kind of player to bring down launched artillery from our CB's though. We only create via set pieces.

50 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I'd be keen for us to get Cummings tbh. Not a massively popular point of view, but I reckon he'd do well here. I'm sure other posters have mentioned something to the effect of Levein won't sign him, has had the chance to but won't. Also, shares the same agent as Walker which means one half decent season and you'd face the CFKA rangers media circus, which I just don't want to see. 

merseyjambo

There are guys in the lower divisions down here.

I’d wanted us to go for Kayden Jackson who had been at Accrington last season. He’d have been the perfect foil for us up front. Strong with a decent amount of skill and knew where back of net was plus had pace to burn.

He went to Ipswich last summer but they’ve been an train wreck this season so he’s not hit the same amount of goals. Whether they will keep him in the rebuild during the summer who knows.

27 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

What's cummings done above Scottish championship level? 

Nothing.

He's absolutely not what we need.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

What's cummings done above Scottish championship level? 

Whats Shankland done above Championship level? I know you're probably not advocating for him, but we're not the club that gets complete packages. We either get old and winding down (assuming they want to finish things up here), Mid career and bang average, or youth which brings a whole new level of inconsistency. 

We need to take educated punts on players. Is Cummings a goalscorer who hit a lot in the championship and initially had good form at Peterborough before his meltdown worth taking a punt on? I'd say given the volume of Scottish players to go down south and fail, he is worth the risk finances permitting. 

When the bar is so low we're seriously looking at Curtis Main I genuinely don't think cummings is the worst shout. 

If anyone can suggest better options, I'm all for it... 

Cummings is a natural goal scorer BUT he needs to be played to his strengths.  Lobbing balls from Berra to Uche in a contested box is not an option.

My lad played alongside Jason at Hutchie U19s.  Keep the ball on the ground and get wingers to make the bye line and cross into the box and Jason will score.  Keep ball to feet.

Play as we are at the moment and Cummings would be wasted.