Levein  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What now for Levein?

• Go right now
    • Make decision in the summer
    • In charge next season

Hearts1975
49 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I agree that no true supporter would boo if he lifted the cup but then I don't belueve the 3 or 4  posters that infest this site repeating the same shite no matter the topic are true supporters. If they are Hearts fans their hatred of Levein outweighs their affection for the club

I don't agree with calling him all the names of the day. He is one of us and loves the same club we love - plus he should be given respect for the playing career he has had with us as well from all of our support. I have seen "frustration" coming out in posts but not seen anyone saying that they hate Levein directly so I cant comment on that 

At the same time you can probably understand why there are fans that do want change. Not saying that you agree with it personally but there are fans that do want it for the right reasons

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• soonbe110

• JamboAl

• Jammy T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hearts1975
14 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm assuming you watched the Motherwell LC tie? That was as good a match as we have seen since 05-06.  The thing was that we were ALMOST at full strength and weren't fielding half fit players. 

I'd have given us every chance against Celtic that day. 

I did yes and would agree with you there. We were fantastic that day 

Being honest I still think back to the start of this season and question myself on whether I am not realizing the impact of the injuries we have had this season and what it has invariably done to our league performance this year. I have a simple way of looking at it. Its the same coaching team that had us at the top at the start of this season so why couldn't they do it again 

But is it all down to injuries. Maybe its down to overall consistency. I just think that change isn't a bad thing or would be as bad for our club as some make out 

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I agree that no true supporter would boo if he lifted the cup but then I don't belueve the 3 or 4  posters that infest this site repeating the same shite no matter the topic are true supporters. If they are Hearts fans their hatred of Levein outweighs their affection for the club

Yes, IF!

Inch Hearts
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It’s been proven that we don’t play punt and hope football.

Do you actually go to or watch games?  How can you possibly say we don’t? :lol: 

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It’s been proven that we don’t play punt and hope football.

Proven?

Inch Hearts
11 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Tell us about the five/six key Aberdeen players that have missed months of the season. 

Shinnie has been out for ages and will be out until the end of the season.

McGinn injured end of season 

Mackay Steven injured end of season 

Shay Logan injured for ages

Greg Stewart injured end of season

McKenna has been out considerably 

Theres six including their 5 best players out at the moment.  

8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Shinnie has been out for ages and will be out until the end of the season.

McGinn injured end of season 

Mackay Steven injured end of season 

Shay Logan injured for ages

Greg Stewart injured end of season

McKenna has been out considerably 

Theres six including their 5 best players out at the moment.  

Can you say how many games these have missed through injury?

GMS lost his place earlier in the season to McLennan

According to Wiki, Shinnie has played 34 league games this season, meaning only 4 games maximum missed

What does considerably mean with McKenna?

Stewart only joined in January!

If you think Shay Logan is a key man, I despair.  He's a decent journeyman, nothing more.

Inch Hearts
21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Can you say how many games these have missed through injury?

GMS lost his place earlier in the season to McLennan

According to Wiki, Shinnie has played 34 league games this season, meaning only 4 games maximum missed

What does considerably mean with McKenna?

Stewart only joined in January!

If you think Shay Logan is a key man, I despair.  He's a decent journeyman, nothing more.

Shinnie is out for the rest of the season.  He’s their captain.

GMS is a key player for them as is McGinn.  

McKenna has been injured. 

Logan is a key player for Aberdeen from the outside. What has when a player joined got to do with being injured?  He’s a top player - injures. 

McKenna was our 8 weeks in August.

You love a wee question to yourself I’m not an Aberdeen fan so I can’t even say if they have had further injuries.

point is they have dealt with it and sit third.  Well ahead of us - again. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Enzo Chiefo
32 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Proven?

I think he is referring to these stats that prove that the amount of meaningless sideways passing that we do in our own half has the effect of reducing, percentage wise,  the long punts up to Uche. Our main attacking threat does indeed come from long punts to Uche and set pieces. 

soonbe110
3 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Logan is a key player for Aberdeen from the outside. What has when a player joined got to do with being injured?  He’s a top player - injures. 

You love a wee question to yourself I’m not an Aberdeen fan so I can’t even say if they have had further injuries.

Rubbish. Nothing like the injuries we have had. 

Shinnie is out now - he has played 34 league games apparently.   THAT MEANS HE MISSED 4.  Our captain was out for months!

GMS was dropped for McLennan according to a Sheep supporter on here.  That is not to say he was never injured. McKenna has been injured.  So What?  So have Brandon. Dunne. Garruccio,  Mitchell, Dikamona, Godinho. Keena, M Smith etc as well as the real key men.

You don't love a wee question especially if it shows up your lack of knowledge.

When you say "well ahead of us", do you mean Hearts?

Inch Hearts
40 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rubbish. Nothing like the injuries we have had. 

So McKenna was our just after having turned down £6m for him for 8 weeks and that’s not a bad start?  They’ve had shocking injuries too and again well ahead of us.  Why is that? Because they get on with it instead of making excuse after excuse. 

Inch Hearts
22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Shinnie is out now - he has played 34 league games apparently.   THAT MEANS HE MISSED 4.  Our captain was out for months!

GMS was dropped for McLennan according to a Sheep supporter on here.  That is not to say he was never injured. McKenna has been injured.  So What?  So have Brandon. Dunne. Garruccio,  Mitchell, Dikamona, Godinho. Keena, M Smith etc as well as the real key men.

You don't love a wee question especially if it shows up your lack of knowledge.

When you say "well ahead of us", do you mean Hearts?

Their captain will finish the season as much as ours was out.

GMS would run riot in our team.  He was dropped then you bring up about 5 hearts players who wouldn’t get in the the first team also :lol: 

Youve not got a clue about the other sides injuries but want to base a whole season on it.  

If in doubt Al, you then go on to embarrass yourself by questioning the support of a team :lol: pathetic son.  

Edited by Inch Hearts

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Their captain will finish the season as much as ours was out.

GMS would run riot in our team.  He was dropped then you bring up about 5 hearts players who wouldn’t get in the the first team also :lol: 

Youve not got a clue about the other sides injuries but want to base a whole season on it.  

If in doubt Al, you then go on to embarrass yourself by questioning the support of a team :lol: pathetic son.  

I'll try again.  Shinnie WILL (not past tense) miss 4 games in total if he has played 34 league games.  Berra was out for about 3 months. 

At the same time (ie not different times spread over the season) Naismith, Souttar and Uche were out while Haring was playing with a hernia.  M. Smith missed 9 consecutive games.

Whether GMS would run riot is a different argument.  (BTW I would take him at Hearts).  He was dropped not injured for some of the games he missed.

Did you mean Hearts?  That was a quite deft sidestep!

6 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Arsed getting into the debate however on a few of those points. The players we have lost would not be dropped through poor performances as some Aberdeen players were , that is one large difference.

McKennas absence was when Aberdeen were awful.

Logan is not an important player and before being injured Aberdeen fans wanted him out the team. Most interest hes given them this last 12 months was his stagger and seeing Sam’s pretty face in the run up to their wedding. 

When Shinnie is out suspended or injured Aberdeen are honking. Their fans are quite concerned about who will replace him next season.

McGinn was out aswell but had been poor as had GMS and both had been dropped prior to injuries. 

However , as you were....back to you all squabbling ?

BOBTHEBRUCE

I've never seen us have so many injuries to be fair, 

But i'm questioning why that is. 

I can't believe that it's purely bad luck. 

We'll see next season i suppose.

8 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Proven?

Stats show we don’t play it long more than other teams. There were a couple of articles about it. We were way down the list of long ball teams

So McKenna was our just after having turned down £6m for him for 8 weeks and that’s not a bad start?  They’ve had shocking injuries too and again well ahead of us.  Why is that? Because they get on with it instead of making excuse after excuse. 

Were their 4 best players in key positions all out for a long time at the same time, plus a host of other shorter injuries or season enders for squad players.

yes or no?

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think he is referring to these stats that prove that the amount of meaningless sideways passing that we do in our own half has the effect of reducing, percentage wise,  the long punts up to Uche. Our main attacking threat does indeed come from long punts to Uche and set pieces. 

So we try to keep possession and are not a punt and hope long ball team. 

Glad we all agree finally.

Nookie Bear
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Stats show we don’t play it long more than other teams. There were a couple of articles about it. We were way down the list of long ball teams

Those stats related to successful passes of 30-yards or more .

BOBTHEBRUCE

People clinging on to stats in the papers rather than admitting to what they see on the actual football pitch. 

Deary me. 

I think Macphee goes on stats as well to be fair. 

That's why we're an absolute car crash of a team. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

17 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

People clinging on to stats in the papers rather than admitting to what they see on the actual football pitch. 

Deary me. 

I think Macphee goes on stats as well to be fair. 

That's why we're an absolute car crash of a team. 

We’re either a long ball team or we’re not. We’re not.

whether or not the football is effective or good to watch is another discussion.

BOBTHEBRUCE
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We’re either a long ball team or we’re not. We’re not.

whether or not the football is effective or good to watch is another discussion.

Ok. let's wipe out that argument completely, because let's face it, it's pointless. 

What we do (whatever that might me) is not effective and we're not good to watch.

Agreed?

26 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Ok. let's wipe out that argument completely, because let's face it, it's pointless. 

What we do (whatever that might me) is not effective and we're not good to watch.

Agreed?

Obviously we've been largely shite since the injuries hit aside from the odd good game, but I like watching Hearts personally no matter how we're playing. We're always likely to pull a good performance out of the hat when it's least expected, which is why people keep coming back. We've always been that sort of team. Of course we're always as likely to then follow up a good performance with a bad defeat a game we should win. Now and then we put together good consistent seasons. And very occasionally an outstanding one. It's always been that way. 

BOBTHEBRUCE
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Obviously we've been largely shite since the injuries hit aside from the odd good game, but I like watching Hearts personally no matter how we're playing. We're always likely to pull a good performance out of the hat when it's least expected, which is why people keep coming back. We've always been that sort of team. Of course we're always as likely to then follow up a good performance with a bad defeat a game we should win. Now and then we put together good consistent seasons. And very occasionally an outstanding one. It's always been that way. win

"it's always been that way" What even is that? Are you happy to be a serial loser?

I want winners at our club. I want our club to be ruthless, relentless and win at all costs. 

There's no room for losers. 

9 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

"it's always been that way" What even is that? Are you happy to be a serial loser?

I want winners at our club. I want our club to be ruthless, relentless and win at all costs. 

There's no room for losers. 

I am sure the next manager (whoever he is doesn't matter so long as he's not called Craig Levein or has any connection to anyone called Craig Levein) will turn Hearts into a team that consistently challenges at the top with the 4th highest budget in the league, about a 10th less than Celtic.*

* For the sake of your mental health

siegementality
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Where were we in the list of teams that can string two passes together?

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

So we try to keep possession and are not a punt and hope long ball team. 

Glad we all agree finally.

Posession in our own half is meaningless. Moving from defence to attack is key but, with Levein in charge, we opt for a long ball to Uche, so the ball will "stick". You do realise that every pass at the back reduces our overall percentage of long balls yeah? So, in short, we disagree.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I am sure the next manager (whoever he is doesn't matter so long as he's not called Craig Levein or has any connection to anyone called Craig Levein) will turn Hearts into a team that consistently challenges at the top with the 4th highest budget in the league, about a 10th less than Celtic.*

* For the sake of your mental health

Last year the excuses were : Murrayfield, Levein needs his own players etc, the players weren't fit because of evil Cathro's pre season training blah blah. Now it's injuries, referees, and players turning up unfit. The actual problem is that AB does not have a football man on the board and she defers to the big clown Levein for all footballing decisions. It's poor governance and is preventing us from progressing.  2 years of 6th place finishes with negative GD tells anyone exactly what they need to know.  Get rid, please.

27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Last year the excuses were : Murrayfield, Levein needs his own players etc, the players weren't fit because of evil Cathro's pre season training blah blah. Now it's injuries, referees, and players turning up unfit. The actual problem is that AB does not have a football man on the board and she defers to the big clown Levein for all footballing decisions. It's poor governance and is preventing us from progressing.  2 years of 6th place finishes with negative GD tells anyone exactly what they need to know.  Get rid, please.

You have serious difficulties understanding the difference between excuses and reasons.  The injuries DID have an effect whether you like it or not and they are the reasons, or part thereof, we didn't finish above 6th.

siegementality
49 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You have serious difficulties understanding the difference between excuses and reasons.  The injuries DID have an effect whether you like it or not and they are the reasons, or part thereof, we didn't finish above 6th.

The season is not over but you’ve already conceded we are finishing sixth. Not very positive.

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I agreee Al.  Injuries , bad luck and bad refereeing decisions are part of the reason why we will finish 6th.

The same reasons account for Hibs only finishing 5th, Killie failing to get 3rd - plus they lost Greg Stewart to their main rival - and Aberdeen not nailing down 2nd for the 5th consecutive season. Injuries and bad luck have also cost Rangers a chance of the title this season. Celtic too, had it not been for bad luck, injuries and the loss of Dembele after the transfer window had slammed shut, would have had the title won a lot earlier. Hibs and Celtic have also had mid season managerial changes to contend with. 

INJURIES!!!! :lol: **** sake, we've been absolutely shite for ages, feel like I'm reading Hibs.net from about 4 year ago the amount of pish excuses and 'reasons' folk come up with for why we're garbage.

folk clinging on to some flawed article in the paper to prove we don't launch it when hitting the big man up top is our plan A and plan B, it's like these folk have never actually watched a Hearts game this season.

Edited by RudiHMFC

41 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agreee Al.  Injuries , bad luck and bad refereeing decisions are part of the reason why we will finish 6th.

The same reasons account for Hibs only finishing 5th, Killie failing to get 3rd - plus they lost Greg Stewart to their main rival - and Aberdeen not nailing down 2nd for the 5th consecutive season. Injuries and bad luck have also cost Rangers a chance of the title this season. Celtic too, had it not been for bad luck, injuries and the loss of Dembele after the transfer window had slammed shut, would have had the title won a lot earlier. Hibs and Celtic have also had mid season managerial changes to contend with. 

At last!

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Big clown Levein? Fair enough not rating him as a manager but coming out with stuff like that sums your argument up. Taking aside his managerial record which we can have differing opinions he was a fantastic player. The best in my lifetime and he has played a massive part in rebuilding a hollow shell in five years. 

You on the other hand don't even attend games because of a chip on your shoulder. Hope it hurts when we lift the cup.

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Big clown Levein? Fair enough not rating him as a manager but coming out with stuff like that sums your argument up. Taking aside his managerial record which we can have differing opinions he was a fantastic player. The best in my lifetime and he has played a massive part in rebuilding a hollow shell in five years. 

You on the other hand don't even attend games because of a chip on your shoulder. Hope it hurts when we lift the cup.

The difference is that I can separate the player and the manager. Different people as far as I am concerned.  I follow the club not any one individual and while the product is as bad as it is, I have decided not to support what I see as poor management and governance,  over several years. If my favourite restaurant had new owners and the standard of the food and service went downhill, I sure as hell wouldn't be going back until changes were made. You bash on though and, for your info, it will never hurt when we lift the Scottish Cup. If you're convincing yourself of success on the 26th though,  I wouldn't. The chances of us beating a Celtic side going for the treble are extremely slim, given the lack of quality in our side.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The difference is that I can separate the player and the manager. Different people as far as I am concerned.  I follow the club not any one individual and while the product is as bad as it is, I have decided not to support what I see as poor management and governance,  over several years. If my favourite restaurant had new owners and the standard of the food and service went downhill, I sure as hell wouldn't be going back until changes were made. You bash on though and, for your info, it will never hurt when we lift the Scottish Cup. If you're convincing yourself of success on the 26th though,  I wouldn't. The chances of us beating a Celtic side going for the treble are extremely slim, given the lack of quality in our side.

But you are nit following the club. You have given up because of your personal dislike on Craig Levein. And poor management and governance my arse. This club was mismanaged from the 60s and we had at least three very serious threats of the doors closing for good until this regime took over. 

Supporters get behind their team no matter who is in charge. Being dragged around Boghead and Somerset Park watching the likes of Paddy Byrne and Gerry McCoy taught me that. 

Fine you don't want to support your club but don't pretend it is because of Craig Levein.

6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

But you are nit following the club. You have given up because of your personal dislike on Craig Levein. And poor management and governance my arse. This club was mismanaged from the 60s and we had at least three very serious threats of the doors closing for good until this regime took over. 

Supporters get behind their team no matter who is in charge. Being dragged around Boghead and Somerset Park watching the likes of Paddy Byrne and Gerry McCoy taught me that. 

Fine you don't want to support your club but don't pretend it is because of Craig Levein.

That second paragraph made me chuckle.

It was like a chore watching that dross....but.....they were wearing the badge so that was that. 

Garbage football but great times !

?

i wish jj was my dad
9 minutes ago, Boab said:

That second paragraph made me chuckle.

It was like a chore watching that dross....but.....they were wearing the badge so that was that. 

Garbage football but great times !

?

Indeed.  The shite we have endured makes the good times sweeter. 

That's what boils my pish with the boo hiss mob. Yes, finishing 6th isn't good enough and questions need asked but mismanagement is Willie Ormond, Toby Ford and spunking millions on underperformers like Kingston, Beslija and Petric.

This club is not being mismanaged

Enzo Chiefo
28 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I, too, travelled the country in the late 70s and 80s and, yes, the standard at times was poor. But you know what, I enjoyed it, the players gave 100% and the game itself, partly due to the atmosphere, was far better to watch. 

I'm afraid that the footballing dept has been mismanaged. How else would you describe , for example, paying money for Wighton, signing Vanacek who plays 2 games before being declared unfit and hardly being seen again for 4 months. All these "write offs" come at a price. I presume AB has been asking some searching questions about the value for money from some of those deals. Bad governance? Absolutely. How else would you describe AB, who admits that she knows very little about football,  operating as Chairman and CEO , aswell as being the owner. There is a missing management tier of expertise that needs to be filled by an experienced football administrator.

It's easy just to dismiss claims of mismanagement by referring to how much worse we have done in the past but the reality is that we could do much better with the resources we have. That, to any supporter,  and I am certainly not in the minority here, is the most frustrating thing. I have stopped going because it was simply tedious. Have a look around at the empty seats today and you'll see that others agree. A few short seasons ago we were selling out every home game. Full credit to everyone who goes week in week out, especially away from home,. I did that for years but not now.

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I, too, travelled the country in the late 70s and 80s and, yes, the standard at times was poor. But you know what, I enjoyed it, the players gave 100% and the game itself, partly due to the atmosphere, was far better to watch. 

I'm afraid that the footballing dept has been mismanaged. How else would you describe , for example, paying money for Wighton, signing Vanacek who plays 2 games before being declared unfit and hardly being seen again for 4 months. All these "write offs" come at a price. I presume AB has been asking some searching questions about the value for money from some of those deals. Bad governance? Absolutely. How else would you describe AB, who admits that she knows very little about football,  operating as Chairman and CEO , aswell as being the owner. There is a missing management tier of expertise that needs to be filled by an experienced football administrator.

It's easy just to dismiss claims of mismanagement by referring to how much worse we have done in the past but the reality is that we could do much better with the resources we have. That, to any supporter,  and I am certainly not in the minority here, is the most frustrating thing. I have stopped going because it was simply tedious. Have a look around at the empty seats today and you'll see that others agree. A few short seasons ago we were selling out every home game. Full credit to everyone who goes week in week out, especially away from home,. I did that for years but not now.

Goodbye. 

You definitely won’t be missed. 

18 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Goodbye. 

Except him and people like him who are long-term supporters will be missed financially.

Enzo Chiefo
44 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Goodbye. 

Not among the happy clapping denizens of Tynecastle ,certainly. 

frankblack
33 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Except him and people like him who are long-term supporters will be missed financially.

You said exactly the same last year and it didn't happen.  What makes you think anything is different this time?

Its you choice to pay your money or not, but we are sick and tired of the constant drone of the serial moaners.  Make your mind up and stick to it either way, but we don't need to hear about it.

55 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Can’t speak for you, mate, but as regards your first paragraph, it’s nostalgia, nothing else. When you’re young, it’s great to go to the football....not just the standard of the team.....the whole thing. If it was only how great the football was, we wouldn’t have gone !

I don’t think much has changed in that regard. Atmosphere, for example. Tynecastle in the early Eighties ? 

Apart from the odd big game, Airdrie promotion game etc, it wasn’t great. If it wasn’t for away days, it would have tested anyone !

As for the players giving 100% back then and not now ?

You really sure about that, bud ?

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Can’t speak for you, mate, but as regards your first paragraph, it’s nostalgia, nothing else. When you’re young, it’s great to go to the football....not just the standard of the team.....the whole thing. If it was only how great the football was, we wouldn’t have gone !

I don’t think much has changed in that regard. Atmosphere, for example. Tynecastle in the early Eighties ? 

Apart from the odd big game, Airdrie promotion game etc, it wasn’t great. If it wasn’t for away days, it would have tested anyone !

As for the players giving 100% back then and not now ?

You really sure about that, bud ?

Possibly not Boab. The sober ones always gave 100% though?

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Possibly not Boab. The sober ones always gave 100% though?

Some of them would have been better blind drunk !

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You said exactly the same last year and it didn't happen.  What makes you think anything is different this time?

Its you choice to pay your money or not, but we are sick and tired of the constant drone of the serial moaners.  Make your mind up and stick to it either way, but we don't need to hear about it.

I was responding to a post saying someone not renewing will not be missed. I was saying that’s not true and if enough don’t renew, even 500 that it is significant financially. You may be right re ST sales as the fans are loyal, but I’m speaking to long-term, thick and thin supporters who are totally shanned off. 

On 03/05/2019 at 08:03, Hearts1975 said:

I don't agree with calling him all the names of the day. He is one of us and loves the same club we love - plus he should be given respect for the playing career he has had with us as well from all of our support. I have seen "frustration" coming out in posts but not seen anyone saying that they hate Levein directly so I cant comment on that 

At the same time you can probably understand why there are fans that do want change. Not saying that you agree with it personally but there are fans that do want it for the right reasons

Well when you support a club who have a large chunk of fans who want change when you are second in the league and just started on really some decent form all bets are off re the opinions of our fans IMO