well said Henry

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Goalkeeping legend slams Hearts stance as a disgraceful

Published Date: 27 June 2008

By MARK BONTHRONE

HEARTS legend Henry Smith has branded the club's treatment of Stephen Frail as "disgraceful".

The Jambos interim head coach was ordered to stay away from Riccarton when the players reported back for pre-season training on Wednesday and looks set to be axed.

Despite assurances in a January 1 statement released by Hearts that Frail would be

part of a new look coaching set-up at the club, Smith believes Frail saw the writing on the wall for some time.

"I spoke to him on the Monday after the last game of last season against Gretna and his bags were pretty much packed then," said the former goalkeeper.

"However, he was clearly under the impression he had to report back to the club earlier this week and it's utterly disgraceful what has happened. For him to be chucked out and sent home is just wrong.

"He kept the ship afloat last season in the face of extreme circumstances and the way this had been handled is extremely disrespectful towards him."

Smith, who has appeared more than 500 times for the Tynecastle team, believes it would have been more appropriate for the finger of blame for last season's disappointing displays to be pointed at certain players in the Hearts changing room rather than Frail.

Hearts finished in eighth spot in the SPL last term, the first time they had ended up outwith the top half of the table since the split system was introduced.

Although Smith refused to identify the individuals he insisted they would know who they are.

"People clearly did not do the business for him last season and we all know who they are," he said. "However, he kept his mouth shut about it and just got on with the job. After all that has gone on, he shouldn't be receiving treatment like this. The man at the top (Romanov] seems to think he can just do as he wants.(looking like that for some time now, never a truer word spoken):mad:

"The club must have their reasons and there's maybe something happening with regard to bringing in a new manager, but the treatment of Stevie is shocking."

And Smith has tipped Frail to bounce back and prove to Romanov he should have been kept on. "Stevie will get another job and bounce back because people in the game know what a good coach he is," said Smith.

Now Henry is having a go at Vlad like Donald ford, Gary M, who is next eh, what is vlads game,:mad: does he want a half empty stadium and revolt o his hands

Ah see!?....a REAL hearts legend! Well said Henry!! A player who knew what playing for Hearts REALLY meant!!

Romanov's already got 9000+ worth of ST cash, don't think he'd give a sh*t if nobody turned up to watch the games.

No matter your thoughts on how good Frail is at his job, Romanov has treated him very shabbily given that he was the only one to step up last season............looking at you there Anatoly (with emphasis on 'toly').

A lot of rubbish.

A man loses his job and he is peed off, fair enough. "Disgraceful" ??? Nonsense.

Henry Smith is an idiot.

Always has been.

Whereas you on the other hand are clearly an intelligent individual! :dribble:

A lot of rubbish.

A man loses his job and he is peed off, fair enough. "Disgraceful" ??? Nonsense.

It's not that he's lost his job. Its THE WAY he has lost his job. WHy leave him hanging on and embarass him in public.

lawriejambo

It's a pity MARK BONTHRONE didn't report all the abuse Shaggy received on this site last season from Hearts fans.

But when Vlad does exactly what they wanted, he's the bad one all of a sudden..

Strange..

Henry Smith is an idiot.

Always has been.

HENRY SMITH is a great guy who loves the hearts and hates the harm romanov is doing to the team, players and the clubs fans unlike you who hasn't a clue about what being a hearts fan is all about.

ToadKiller Dog
It's not that he's lost his job. Its THE WAY he has lost his job. WHy leave him hanging on and embarass him in public.

Yeah they way it has been reported is embarrassing to the club say the least ,but do you know what explanation was given to frail as to why he was told to go home? I dont ,but i expect he must have been told something more than just home with you,dont call us we will call you.

has he lost his job yet?

lawriejambo
HENRY SMITH is a great guy who loves the hearts and hates the harm romanov is doing to the team, players and the clubs fans unlike you who hasn't a clue about what being a hearts fan is all about.

Henry Smith did more harm to Hearts fans every time he dropped the ball,

Than Romanov ever could so that clown would be better keeping stum ...

You tell 'em Rodney!!

I feel sorry for you.

lawriejambo
I feel sorry for you.

Take it you dont remember his blunders????

Puts Romanov a distant second imo..

Henry Smith is an idiot.

Always has been.

Whereas someone who promotes comments about themselves in their own signature, what a great guy!! :rolleyes:

Indeed I do. Dens Park penalty shoot-out and long before that Celtic in the semis of the cup. And many more too.

He may have cost us the odd game, who knows, maybe a cup or two, but they were honest mistakes, he gave his all and he showed the fans respect.

As for his blunders costing more!?!? GET REAL. Did Henry ever take us to the brink of administration? Have the whole of world football laughing at us? You must be on the wind-up as nobody can be as dillusional as you are

Agree 100%.

At the end of the day, this is nothing more than Henry Smith sticking up for a former colleague, and should be viewed as such. He'd have a bit more credibility if he had apologised for his many blunders before mouthing off.

duckandcover
Henry Smith is an idiot.

Always has been.

Correct the man is an idiot. A boy I knew who played for Gala told me that Smith used to wear a THONG. A clown of a man.

In almost every other club with the ability of Hearts and the ambition, would have made the same decision - the mistake was not making it sooner. For Hearts sake, we should have done it immediatelyt after the season ended. This would have also helped Frail get more time to look for employment - but let us not forget, he has not been sacked yet and is still getting paid, as far as we are aware - and if he has been sacked, no-one other than Frail knows exactly why and what was said.

Regardless, as some posters have said - it was what most fans wanted, yet when they get it they moan, rather like when Rix was sacked, folk wanted it, even started an on-line petition, yet they are up in arms when it happens.

judetheobscure
Agree 100%.

At the end of the day, this is nothing more than Henry Smith sticking up for a former colleague, and should be viewed as such. He'd have a bit more credibility if he had apologised for his many blunders before mouthing off.

OK, that's the clincher for me. :hobofish::)

Dougie Masterton

The same Henry Smith that said we should have went to Murrayfield

Henry Smith = Leg end.

The same Henry Smith that said we should have went to Murrayfield.

I didn't realise that Dougie. Just reinforces my view of him. :mad:

This is totally pathetic, its like the bad old days, anyone who dares speak ill of the Romanov regime and immediately torn to shreds. The Vladsheep are back!! :eek:

Yes sir, no sir, may i have another sir.

So when do we start the anti John Robertson, Donald Ford, Dave Mackay threads? They have all warned Romanov is taking the club the wrong way!

Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

Agree 100%.

He's the only goalie in the entire world that's made a mistake or two eh..!? Wondered when you were going to bore us all today, I see you got rid of your self-portrait and found a picture of something else, also not un-like yourself!

lawriejambo
Indeed I do. Dens Park penalty shoot-out and long before that Celtic in the semis of the cup. And many more too.

He may have cost us the odd game, who knows, maybe a cup or two, but they were honest mistakes, he gave his all and he showed the fans respect.

As for his blunders costing more!?!? GET REAL. Did Henry ever take us to the brink of administration? Have the whole of world football laughing at us? You must be on the wind-up as nobody can be as dillusional as you are

Honest mistakes pmsl

He has a hard neck slagging anyone.

Everyone laughed at Henry Smith an you what they still do, the guy needs to wind his neck in and shut the ***** up...

As do you

If any one is deluded mate , take a good look in the mirrror..

lawriejambo
Agree 100%.

Finally someone who knows what their talking about. And sees that clown for what he is...:)

He's the only goalie in the entire world that's made a mistake or two eh..!?

If he had concentrated on the play instead of puffing his cheeks out and playing up to the fans, he might not have messed up in so many vital games.

Smith is the most over rated keeper in Hearts history.

If he had concentrated on the play instead of puffing his cheeks out and playing up to the fans, he might not have messed up in so many vital games.

Smith is the most over rated keeper in Hearts history.

He is indeed, a character maybe, but a liability in big games.

Carl Spackler

Nothing wrong in what Henry's saying IMO. We don't know (well some people might privately but I don't) that Frail definitely has been emptied though remember.

Regardless I still want an experienced manager and not Frail, would just like to see Frail treated properly. He deserves that.

Met him a couple of times when i was a kid and he was a great guy who loves the club.

He was a pretty poor goalie though from what i can remember. I felt nervous quite a lot when anything came near him like Moilinan, Walker, Mackenzie etc

I'm surprised he played as many games. I only remember his last few years so he may have been better when he was younger.

Let's think now... Henry v Celtic in the 88/89 semi, ok, give you that one, Nicky Walker and Craig Nelson...they were fab!!, they didn't cost us LOADS of points eh?, Big Rousset v Rangers cup-final 96, ?9m man Gordon pushing the ball into his own net v Celtic, let's not forget the brilliant Basso at St Mirren this season and of course, who could forget Kurskis at Ibrox! Aye... Henry was SO bad he was only between the sticks for 13 years!

Right, lets clarify this.

Hearts gave Frail the job of CARETAKER manager. A caretaker manager, by definition, is only there until we get a new manager. He has had 7 months as caretaker, much more than most. I think he has had a fair old crack of the whip.

Also, as a head coach, he was terrible. Better coaches have lasted shorter periods at clubs than him.

The crocodile tears on here for a man that has been criticised all year are so two faced.

maroonlegions
Let's think now... Henry v Celtic in the 88/89 semi, ok, give you that one, Nicky Walker and Craig Nelson...they were fab!!, they didn't cost us LOADS of points eh?, Big Rousset v Rangers cup-final 96, ?9m man Gordon pushing the ball into his own net v Celtic, let's not forget the brilliant Basso at St Mirren this season and of course, who could forget Kurskis at Ibrox! Aye... Henry was SO bad he was only between the sticks for 13 years!

spot on my man, the main point in the OP was to highlight the UNFAIR treatment of SF commentated on by Henry Smith but we got, "he dropped the ball a lot", or "he cost us a lot more than vlad is doing just now" , i just wonder if those comments were made to take the spotlight away from what Henry was saying and to attack his character and playing career in order to rubbish his comments, its done a lot in the media when they choose to IGNORE the facts of the comments and instead try to discredit it by DISCREDITING the person who made the comments.:confused::cool:

spot on my man, the main point in the OP was to highlight the UNFAIR treatment of SF commentated on by Henry Smith but we got, "he dropped the ball a lot", or "he cost us a lot more than vlad is doing just now" , i just wonder if those comments were made to take the spotlight away from what Henry was saying and to attack his character and playing career in order to rubbish his comments, its done a lot in the media when they choose to IGNORE the facts of the comments and instead try to discredit it by DISCREDITING the person who made the comments.:confused::cool:

Exactly! Henry's got as much right as anyone else to say what he thinks, I wonder if Robbo or Colquhoun, Clark, Cameron or Adam would get the same garbage from some of the arses on here. I'd rather listen to him than anything that Therapist and his sort have to say!

Robertson was sh*te in a good few games.What's that wee turkey got to say about the Frail situation?:rolleyes:

maroonlegions
Robertson was sh*te in a good few games.What's that wee turkey:eek: got to say about the Frail situation?:rolleyes:

is that robbo "the hammer of the hobos", mmm, wee turkey eh, i would expect that from a hobo , true he has not said alot but thats his prerogative.;)

is that robbo "the hammer of the hobos", mmm, wee turkey eh, i would expect that from a hobo , true he has not said alot but thats his prerogative.;)

Check the smiley.

PresidentRomanov

As far as I can see, the only thing Hearts have done wrong when It comes to Frail, was not sacking him months ago.

I was a big fan of Henry when he was a player, but he doesn't know what he's talking about, it's a classic case of wanting to be seen, to be sticking up for an old pal.

Archived