Edinburgh International Festival at Tynecastle

tartofmidlothian

The Real Maroonblood
22 hours ago, Crete said:

Classical music is beautiful to listen to I just started to listen to it in the last year and now I’m hooked on it.

I really enjoyed watching last night well done to everyone in the orchestra I’m a fan now.🎵🎻🎺🎷

I've been listening to Classic FM for a few years.

Brilliant listening.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• kila

• tartofmidlothian

• been here before

Just heard we are considering asking for postponement or playing the RC game at Murrayfield due to pitch damajjjje!!11!! 

Needs ripped up and grown from seed again.

I also believe Craig Leveiiiieeenooooot is happy with it being a tatty field so Berra long balls become an attractive/only way to score.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I've been listening to Classic FM for a few years.

Brilliant listening.

Glad I'm not the only one.  Our channel here is commercial free and it's brilliant.  Imo, some of it is mind numbingly boring but that's more than countered by the superb stuff.

Headline in EEN- Hearts have to repair the pitch after the festival concert. Would love to hear from the windbags who said I was wrong when I pointed out the potential damage to the pitch.

10 minutes ago, Prof said:

Headline in EEN- Hearts have to repair the pitch after the festival concert. Would love to hear from the windbags who said I was wrong when I pointed out the potential damage to the pitch.

Some of the grass discoloured for a few days, how are we going to survive. 😮

16 minutes ago, Prof said:

Well considering they are running with story with an old photo, I wouldn't be giving it too much credibility

heartsfc_fan
2 minutes ago, lou said:

Well considering they are running with story with an old photo, I wouldn't be giving it too much credibility

Pretty much my view. The photo looks like it's been taken with a filter on.

Not to say that grass isnt't discoloured but whoever took it wanted to edit it to make it look far worse than it is.

TyphoonJambo
9 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Step one, levien oot, step 2 miracle grow

16 minutes ago, lou said:

Not like the Evening H1b5 to negatively spin a Hearts story.

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

:laugh:

been here before
1 hour ago, Prof said:

There's nothing wrong with the pitch apart from some discolouration of the grass.

How desperate are some folk for attention...

2 hours ago, been here before said:

A Scotvec module in growing grass and reading non stories in the Evening News though.

Really and you clever chap that you are, think you can host a major concert on a grass pitch and not cause damage. It’s amazing how many on here become experts on all things and still are incapable of understanding basics.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Really and you clever chap that you are, think you can host a major concert on a grass pitch and not cause damage. It’s amazing how many on here become experts on all things and still are incapable of understanding basics.

No-one else knows anything about it. No-one is an expert.

Only you.

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

great comeback, spontaneous or did you think for two hours?

9 hours ago, geomac said:

great comeback, spontaneous or did you think for two hours?

Two answers spring to mind. One being that I don’t spend all night on JKB. The other is that unlike a good few on the forum I don't suffer from an inability to think.

The Treasurer
14 hours ago, Yoda said:

Not like the Evening H1b5 to negatively spin a Hearts story.

They could have run a story about a fantastic event that went well and was enjoyed by families and tourists, but no, that rag focus on the fact the grass is a wee discoloured.

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

They could have run a story about a fantastic event that went well and was enjoyed by families and tourists, but no, that rag focus on the fact the grass is a wee discoloured.

Ludicrous paper that should have gone out the box years ago. Wish someone should start a rival local Edinburgh paper and just do what the news used to do. Either that or someone buy it from JP and restore it to what it once was.

15 hours ago, Prof said:

FTH

Jambo 4 Ever
On 04/08/2019 at 07:54, Sarah O said:

Just heard we are considering asking for postponement or playing the RC game at Murrayfield due to pitch damajjjje!!11!! 

Needs ripped up and grown from seed again.

I also believe Craig Leveiiiieeenooooot is happy with it being a tatty field so Berra long balls become an attractive/only way to score.

still any chance our game will be postponed?

gorgie rd eh11
11 hours ago, Prof said:

:rofl:

Are you the  tw* t  the bbc highlighted. The grass is a bit yellow, desperate stuff. :clown:

been here before

9 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

:rofl:

Are you the  tw* t  the bbc highlighted. The grass is a bit yellow, desperate stuff. :clown:

And he's looking for apologies

:facepalm:

Unknown user
12 hours ago, farin said:

The heat lamps will help it. 

5D3D2400-AA9A-44D9-A62F-14B088AE37BE.thumb.jpeg.176dfd02cd3ab88dcf7cf486269317d5.jpeg

They're not heat lamps, they're high pressure sodium lights which mimic the summer light spectrum, helping growth massively.  

A few on here will know ;)

2 hours ago, Prof said:

Two answers spring to mind. One being that I don’t spend all night on JKB. The other is that unlike a good few on the forum I don't suffer from an inability to think.

So, your botany phd...

What was the subject of your thesis? I'm sure it's enlightening, I'd love to read it. 

What damage do you feel is likely apart from temporary discoloration and what could we do to mitigate before the Ross county game?

2 hours ago, Prof said:

In order to think, one first has to have a brain.

been here before
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

They're not heat lamps, they're high pressure sodium lights which mimic the summer light spectrum, helping growth massively.  

So, your botany phd...

What was the subject of your thesis? I'm sure it's enlightening, I'd love to read it. 

What damage do you feel is likely apart from temporary discoloration and what could we do to mitigate before the Ross county game?

He might not tell you unless you say you're sorry.

Its a sad, sad situation and its getting more and more absurd.

Unknown user
47 minutes ago, been here before said:

He might not tell you unless you say you're sorry.

Its a sad, sad situation and its getting more and more absurd.

zO5Fh81.gif

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

So, your botany phd...

Isolation of plant xenobiotics by HPLC and identification by GCMS. 

Temporary discolouration will disappear in time. Longer term damage from ground compaction is far more significant. 

Kilmacolm Jambo

I had a meeting at Tynecastle this morning and the pitch already looks far better and won’t be an issue come Saturday. The grass is lighter but not as bare as the photo showed.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Prof said:

Temporary discolouration will disappear in time. Longer term damage from ground compaction is far more significant. 

Cheers.

That seems unlikely from one event, doesn't it?

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Prof said:

Very interesting by the way, I'll look into the development of HPLC one day :thumbsup:

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Very interesting by the way, I'll look into the development of HPLC one day :thumbsup:

You just stick to growing herbs in the attic, boyo, and leave the HPLC to the professionals.

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You just stick to growing herbs in the attic, boyo, and leave the HPLC to the professionals.

Mate I have the most boring youtube history on the planet, something that involves tech development and pumps and particles and stuff is right up my everso dull alley. 

I'll learn nothing because I'll be caned though :thumbsup: