Football this weekend

bigdav

Anyone doing anything to ease the absence of a Hearts game this weekend? There's the obvious Edin City vs Peterhead. I'm off to Carlisle vs Cambridge to see how Pressley is being accepted by the natives. Hit a bit of a slump since he arrived so I can't imagine they're enthralled.

1 hour ago, bigdav said:

Oh remember going to Whitley Bay early 80s for pre season game,carnage in Morpeth later. What league are they in now?

Northern league division 1, good league, decent quality, not from Whitley though we are fighting relegation this year.

Although just got a new manager in a few weeks ago and picked up some points.

Horatio Caine
6 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Northern league division 1, good league, decent quality, not from Whitley though we are fighting relegation this year.

Although just got a new manager in a few weeks ago and picked up some points.

Oh that's a good idea.  Wonder if it'll catch on.

5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Oh that's a good idea.  Wonder if it'll catch on.

:lol: 

August Landmesser

City v Peterhead could be a belter - or else Peterhead will steamroller them, and damp squibs all round...

letsalldothebeattie

Only game local for me would be the short trip to Innerleithen to take in Vale against East Stirling in the lowland league. Cant say im that bothered for that so nice day of doing nothing instead

Bazzas right boot

Many ght take in Musselburgh athletic today. 

My cousin is their top man and a good Hearts lad to boot. 

Strummerville
2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Gutted

Hoping he text "Lhevein is @ Jobby"

Oh well.

We need more Lhevein is a Jobby threads.

Levein is a jobby regardless how much you defend him. Summed up by training session yesterday and that was sorted by daly and fox, Levein nowhere to be seen. 

16 minutes ago, Strummerville said:

Levein is a jobby regardless how much you defend him. Summed up by training session yesterday and that was sorted by daly and fox, Levein nowhere to be seen. 

Coaches coach.

Jolly good.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's an old interview and I would suggest Mr Levein is a bit more hands on currently to change our form around.

Footballfirst

Hearts v Kilmarnock academy games and a bounce game between Hearts XI v QOTS at Riccarton this morning. (Queens up 1-0 at ht - Dobbie). A complete new team to be fielded in the 2nd half.

Lovely sunny day in Whitley, few jars on the terracing this afternoon, proper football.

indianajones
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Feckin hate international break. Haven’t even put a coupon on. 

Depressing eh? 

Feel like I'd rather be working. 

Footballfirst

Hearts lost 1-2 to QOTS in this morning's bounce game. Dobbie got both Queen's goals while Chris Hamilton scored with a header late on.

It was depressing stuff as usual with players unwilling to shoot and with their first instinct to play the ball backwards.

I noted that Hearts run of signing crocks is continuing with Jay Nwanze in a knee brace and walking with a crutch.

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts lost 1-2 to QOTS in this morning's bounce game. Dobbie got both Queen's goals while Chris Hamilton scored with a header late on.

It was depressing stuff as usual with players unwilling to shoot and with their first instinct to play the ball backwards.

I noted that Hearts run of signing crocks is continuing with Jay Nwanze in a knee brace and walking with a crutch.

Saw that guy in crutches this morning and wondered who he was. Where has he come from?

I’m just going to bury my head in the sand over your middle paragraph. Too depressing. 

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Saw that guy in crutches this morning and wondered who he was. Where has he come from?

I’m just going to bury my head in the sand over your middle paragraph. Too depressing. 

Footballfirst
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

St Pats Athletic.

Hearts line ups (4-4-2)

1st half - Zlamal Sandison, Shaughnessy Berra, Ward, Morrison, Clare, Bozanic, Trialist, McLean, Keena

2nd half - Doyle, Ritchie, Dickamona, Hamilton, Garuccio, Edwards, Haring, Irving, Mulraney, Wighton, Vanacek.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

St Pats Athletic.

Hearts line ups (4-4-2)

1st half - Zlamal Sandison, Shaughnessy Berra, Ward, Morrison, Clare, Bozanic, Trialist, McLean, Keena

2nd half - Doyle, Ritchie, Dickamona, Hamilton, Garuccio, Edwards, Haring, Irving, Mulraney, Wighton, Vanacek.

Ta

I doubt many SPL teams could put out two full teams of recognisable first teamers. Just need a sprinkling of magic to provide a spark imo

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

St Pats Athletic.

Hearts line ups (4-4-2)

White must be miles away from the first team if he can't even manage 45 mins in a bounce game.

You can watch Liverpool TV for free this weekend and Liverpool legends are playing AC Milan Legends now 3PM kick off

also on you tube

David McCaig
20 minutes ago, andrew said:

White must be miles away from the first team if he can't even manage 45 mins in a bounce game.

Still looking for proof of life in terms of an interview or a picture of him training with us.

been here before

0-0 at Edin City. Peterhead should probably be ahead. Antell in Citys goal pulled off about 5 or 6 good saves.

Hot food sold out as well.

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

International weekends are excluded from the Saturday afternoon broadcast restrictions...no rules being broken...

Good stuff

Cheers 

41 minutes ago, been here before said:

0-0 at Edin City. Peterhead should probably be ahead. Antell in Citys goal pulled off about 5 or 6 good saves.

Hot food sold out as well.

I didn't realise till now looking at in Play table that Edinburgh City confirmed place in Play Offs at least in midweek.

Elgin got beat by Clyde on Tuesday. 

If I was up north I’d be at that, but making do with watching it on the TV instead.

Craig Beatty doing the English-language stuff.

Don Cowie started for County.

ToadKiller Dog
9 minutes ago, FWJ said:

County one down 

The Welsh side look a lot stronger physically than County. 

County struggling a bit. 

2-2 at Carlisle. Pressley made his first substitution at 90 mins. Locals a bit nonplussed. Didnt realise it was Calderwood in charge of Cambridge.

9 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The Welsh side look a lot stronger physically than County. 

County struggling a bit. 

Funny, I was just thinking that - if BBC Scotland are looking for a ‘big physical team’ they needn’t look any further.

County keeper flapping.  Was lucky to get off with that howler kick-out earlier.

ToadKiller Dog

Yep the Welsh lot could be further ahead. 

Ross County losing to a semi pro Welsh side while not the the end of the world not good as County are seen as one of our better run clubs. 

13 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Yep the Welsh lot could be further ahead. 

Ross County losing to a semi pro Welsh side while not the the end of the world not good as County are seen as one of our better run clubs. 

Really poor quality.  

County playing like they have got concrete boots on.... 

Diadora Van Basten

I was at the Musselburgh Athletic game it was quality. Camelon were two up then Musselburgh scored twice in the second half to take it to extra time. There were three sending offs in extra time two for Camelon and one for Musselburgh. Musselburgh scored then the linesman went off injured. Camelon equalised but it was ruled offside by Jonny Brown the chairman of the 1934 club who celebrated by waving the flag like it was the end of the Grand Prix. A great afternoons entertainment. :scenes:

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

Whitley Bay win 2-0 against high flying Consett to take us well away from relegation, top performance. ? 

Footballfirst
19 minutes ago, systemx said:

King Cup Tranent 1 Hill of Beath 0

I was there too. Cracking strike for the goal.