Football this weekend

bigdav

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Yep Counties fitness showing as the Welsh look shattered. 

Yeh you can see the difference being full time makes!!

pott we didn’t look like that v Partick though!! 

The Internet

Ireland not exactly comfortable against Gibraltar. Only 1 up and Gibraltar have had a couple of openings. 

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Suns oot at Ainslie Park for the 1st v 2nd clash. Kick off delayed for ten mins to get the crowd in.

1057 at Edinburgh City v Peterhead today 

Famous 1874
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts lost 1-2 to QOTS in this morning's bounce game. Dobbie got both Queen's goals while Chris Hamilton scored with a header late on.

It was depressing stuff as usual with players unwilling to shoot and with their first instinct to play the ball backwards.

I noted that Hearts run of signing crocks is continuing with Jay Nwanze in a knee brace and walking with a crutch.

Absolute shambles. Nothing’s going to change under the current ownership and management setup.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

1057 at Edinburgh City v Peterhead today 

That's a decent crowd 

20 minutes ago, cheetah said:

That's a decent crowd 

I was at Ainslie Park today, huge queue to get in, kick off delayed by 10 mins, seemed a lot more attended than the official figure suggests. That aside, it was a pleasant experience with a marked lack of foul language & general arseholery so prevalent at SPFL level. Met a couple of guys I knew, nice chat, fitba very ordinary.

Edited by argyjambo

2 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

I was at Ainslie Park today, huge queue to get in, kick off delayed by 10 mins, seemed a lot more attended than the official figure suggests. That aside, it was a pleasant experience with a marked lack of foul language & general arseholery so prevalent at SPFL level. Met a couple of guys I knew, nice chat, fitba very ordinary.

Good stuff, always enjoy my non league days out, proper old school football with none of the big boy nonsense, and you can have a beer and mingle with away fans. What's not to love. 

Blackford Hearts
19 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Good stuff, always enjoy my non league days out, proper old school football with none of the big boy nonsense, and you can have a beer and mingle with away fans. What's not to love. 

Enjoy these games too, though of course this one was Scottish League 2

Gibson_HMFC
2 hours ago, andrew said:

Djoum played 90 minutes for Cameroon as they beat Comoros to quality for the ACON.

I hope we're able to sign him up on a new deal. He's a lot better footballer than we make him look.

Mind that game against Motherwell when he was ripping them apart and doing wee tricks. 

A new manager might get the best out of him.

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

I hope we're able to sign him up on a new deal. He's a lot better footballer than we make him look.

Mind that game against Motherwell when he was ripping them apart and doing wee tricks. 

A new manager might get the best out of him.

Yep, he’s worth pushing the boat out a bit to keep, although I suspect he wants to free transfer and will end up in somewhere like France. 

Gibson_HMFC
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep, he’s worth pushing the boat out a bit to keep, although I suspect he wants to free transfer and will somewhere like France. 

Can't blame him really. Constantly played out of position. It can't be enjoyable. More money else where. 

been here before
1 hour ago, argyjambo said:

Really? I thought the figure was a bit generous. I was at the Inverness cup game a few months ago and that seemed much busier and the figure fir that was 850 give or take.

This is today...

D2W6N4UWwAAN_Ou.jpeg.thumb.jpg.e36910b857b39a659e8b43f715ca4a4e.jpg

...doesnt look 1100 there. Might be using the Easter Road method of counting.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Bjorn Johnsen on for Norway v Spain.

Just checked his Wiki entry and found this.

On 16 April 2018, Valentijn Driessen of Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf told the reason Johnsen left Hearts was because manager Cathro threw a few punches towards him. As of that moment Johnson filled a case with the players FA and was later released.

ADO Den Haag

Johnsen moved to ADO Den Haag for an undisclosed fee on 31 July 2017.

This current Spanish team since the World Cup remind me of all those dutch teams, bags of talent but just dont seem to click together.

Maroon Sailor

Went to the Airdrie v Forfar match. Didn't know Lewis Moore is on loan at Forfar. Murray is still a welt and big Jim Weir wasn't taking any shit off one of his players he substituted. Got an earful off him.

Seen Donald Park and was wondering why the feck he was there, then I wondered why the feck I was there.

Fecking grim - absolute dire football. We've got a real deep rooted problem in this country. The lack of talent is horrendous.

Not as horrendous as the pie I bought though. Grease city

The Internet
30 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Try and forget how poor we have been by going to watch Edinburgh vs Peterhead today?

Worst game Ive ever seen

Maybe you're just too used to our rip-roaring brand of football?

Bazzas right boot

Musselburgh 3 camlon 2.

Aet.

Musselburgh 2-0 down. 

2 players sent of in Et for camlon 

1 goal chalked off at 3-2 for the ten men at the time. 

1pk denied due to a offside a split second before. 

Last gasp equaliser. 

Nae bad. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Yeh you can see the difference being full time makes!!

pott we didn’t look like that v Partick though!! 

Partick aren't part time. 

been here before
43 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Try and forget how poor we have been by going to watch Edinburgh vs Peterhead today?

Worst game Ive ever seen

Scottish 4th division fitba' isnt very good shocker.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

My bad, I was sure they were 

Easily done ?

Peterhead are pt. They beat us last year. ?

JamboGraham
21 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’d imagine Partick will be part time next year if they go down though.

Pretty sure the Weirs will just write them another cheque...

13 hours ago, been here before said:

Scottish 4th division fitba' isnt very good shocker.

Technically theyre poor but its usually good for entertainment. Yesterday was pretty damn bad