From the Heart

gooders

I can stay silent no longer. I did buy a season ticket this season more out of tradition than enthusiasm to see the crap we are being served. So in that respect I along with 9000 other people are seen to be supporting Romanov. Bull###t. Its Hearts I support not some tin pot megalomaniac from some European footballing back water. Because I bought my ticket does not mean he has my support or my respect.

We are now at a serious crossroads. Can we continue to watch what is happening, the team being ripped apart to promote Lithuanian, Portuguese and Chilean journey men with no loyalty or feeling for the club or its social standing? Or do we try to make clear our fear for the club and its long term future?

Can we watch the likes of Frail, Mann, (Ogilvie ?) as well as countless players being booted because they cannot comply with Romanovs agenda?

We are continually chasing the carrot he offers such as new stand, a new manager, good players and anything else his cohorts suggest will keep the masses quiet for a while.

We are a divided bunch with some saying wait a while longer others saying how long can we afford to wait. The sad thing is we may have waited too long. Can we not all agree that our team has little chance of success as there is no managerial guidance. There are too many average players at best and too many crap players on average.

Can we not agree that we have little chance of changing things unless we unite and boycott games or merchandise, or sing our hearts out at every game against the current regime. These are hardly radical ideas but en mass may make a difference and may actually be heard back in Kaunas.

I have first hand experience of working within a Lithuanian controlled business and agree there are only two ways of doing things, their way or not at all.

I have been a member of Kickback for a number of years and do not post very often, this does not mean I am a Hobo or Romanov apologist.

Rant over and all comments welcome. I expect abuse as well as support so bring it on!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brellierlegend

Romanovs a f@nny!

We will get a new manager but I am pretty sure he will be a puppet who will not last.

I too bought a season ticket but this is the breaking point for me. If this season is similar to last and the nonsense continues I will be custard pieing it next season!

I can stay silent no longer. I did buy a season ticket this season more out of tradition than enthusiasm to see the crap we are being served. So in that respect I along with 9000 other people are seen to be supporting Romanov. Bull###t. Its Hearts I support not some tin pot megalomaniac from some European footballing back water. Because I bought my ticket does not mean he has my support or my respect.

We are now at a serious crossroads. Can we continue to watch what is happening, the team being ripped apart to promote Lithuanian, Portuguese and Chilean journey men with no loyalty or feeling for the club or its social standing? Or do we try to make clear our fear for the club and its long term future?

Can we watch the likes of Frail, Mann, (Ogilvie ?) as well as countless players being booted because they cannot comply with Romanovs agenda?

We are continually chasing the carrot he offers such as new stand, a new manager, good players and anything else his cohorts suggest will keep the masses quiet for a while.

We are a divided bunch with some saying wait a while longer others saying how long can we afford to wait. The sad thing is we may have waited too long. Can we not all agree that our team has little chance of success as there is no managerial guidance. There are too many average players at best and too many crap players on average.

Can we not agree that we have little chance of changing things unless we unite and boycott games or merchandise, or sing our hearts out at every game against the current regime. These are hardly radical ideas but en mass may make a difference and may actually be heard back in Kaunas.

I have first hand experience of working within a Lithuanian controlled business and agree there are only two ways of doing things, their way or not at all.

I have been a member of Kickback for a number of years and do not post very often, this does not mean I am a Hobo or Romanov apologist.

Rant over and all comments welcome. I expect abuse as well as support so bring it on!

Excellent post that should some up the feelings of all Hearts fans. I posted ages ago that I would not be getting a season ticket this year, and I haven't, because I just couldnt give a rats erse about watching a Megalomoniacs badly run corporate plaything masquerading as Heart of Midlothian.

The only advantage in getting a ST this year is to guarantee entry to the historical footnote that is likely to be HMFCs last ever game. It matters less than an orangutangs spleen who is the manager, if one ever arrives. The club is totally, irreverisbly, utterly fecked.

And it was the fans who let it happen.

The only advantage in getting a ST this year is to guarantee entry to the historical footnote that is likely to be HMFCs last ever game.

I'll bet you a fairly large sum of money that this bit is nonsense.

brellierlegend

And it was the fans who let it happen.

I agree with the majority of your statement but that ****es me off. The average fan had no power to stop Romanov.

It was your Robinsons, McGrails and Deans who had the power not to sell their shares but according to them and others like Foulkes and our beloved Gary Mackay (who I believe would have taken absolutely anybody because of his personal feud with the pieman) who should shoulder a massive portion of the blame for letting this clown into our lives.

Yes I'm in the same boat, have my season ticket, often think I shoudn't have bothered but kept saying to myself it can't get worse but sadly I think it has and will until mad vlad gives up and goes. Like countless others I have spoken to many haven't bought their tickets and will probably not be seen at tynie if we are dished up the crap we witnessed last season, the only answer is not to bother going and hope someone pays attention , unfortunately he has our money so probably wont be bothered . Feel totally miseable about what is happening to our beloved club. Thanks I feel better saying that lot:sad:

I'll bet you a fairly large sum of money that this bit is nonsense.

Possibly. But if I was you I wouldnt put too much on it.

Ever wonderd why if you go to the cinema to see a film and it turns out to be a pile of keech most people will sit and continue to watch it to the bitter end? Why? - because they paid their money and have the faint hope it might turn better towards the end.

It seldom does. The bitter end to this melodrama is sadly only too likely to be the end full stop.

Correct.

We are nothing but a vehicle for him showcasing and selling players. That's why he can't relinquish a say in the team.

If he has someone attracting interest, Goncalves for instance, Vlad will insist on him playing ahead of Wallace, even if Wallace is playing better. You can't run a team on that basis.

Come the announcement of the new manager, I reckon there will be a final realisation for most supporters as I can't see it being anyone of note. The daft thing is, if he got someone decent in, he'd likely sell another ?1M in season tickets.

I have stayed with it for the last couple of seasons, but I'm rapidly losing interest now. Hope I'm eating my words come Monday, but I doubt it.

I think most people share your views, the big problem seems to be trying to get the fans to unite.

Personally I think buying a season tickets without Romanov delivering the manager was a mistake. The season ticket money was our only bargaining tool and now he has it he can do what he wants.

Others disagree ! The end result is we argue among ourselves instead of aiming our anger at the only man who can change things.

I agree with the majority of your statement but that ****es me off. The average fan had no power to stop Romanov.

It was your Robinsons, McGrails and Deans who had the power not to sell their shares but according to them and others like Foulkes and our beloved Gary Mackay (who I believe would have taken absolutely anybody because of his personal feud with the pieman) who should shoulder a massive portion of the blame for letting this clown into our lives.

The average fan - or at least 9000 average fans - did have the opportunity, and didnt take it up. supporters of the mad loon or not, every season ticket bought was a statement of tacit approval - FACT.

Possibly. But if I was you I wouldnt put too much on it.

Ever wonderd why if you go to the cinema to see a film and it turns out to be a pile of keech most people will sit and continue to watch it to the bitter end? Why? - because they paid their money and have the faint hope it might turn better towards the end.

It seldom does. The bitter end to this melodrama is sadly only too likely to be the end full stop.

More nonsense. Folk arent paying their money and THEN finding out that we're mince - folk know the score in advance and have still parted with their money.

I'll bet you the cost of my season ticket for this year that we still have a football club for the start of season 09/10.

I agree with most of the original post - but you've clearly just over dramatised most of it.

The average fan - or at least 9000 average fans - did have the opportunity, and didnt take it up. supporters of the mad loon or not, every season ticket bought was a statement of tacit approval - FACT.

Nothing factual about that whatsoever. So, more nonsense.

I renewed. I dont approve of Romanov or his ways of doing things. Now THAT is "FACT".

brellierlegend

Romanov doesnt give a ***** how many folk renew. He is a arrogant self centred dictator. If we all don't renew he would just walk. That would leave us in an even worse position than we are now! FACT!!!!!!!!!

Buffalo Bill

Every supporter I know who didn't (or hasn't yet) renewed has done so from a personal objective.

It's their choice, and I fully understand that. I support them 100%. Likewise, me renewing is my choice and they know that.

Sitting behind a keyboard telling me I'm a mug/idiot/Vladsheep for renewing says nothing about me and lots about them.

There was not ONE organised public protest/rally for not renewing.

There was not ONE demo for not renewing.

In my opinion, keyboard heroics don't work. If you want to organise a movement to NOT renew; then so from the street/church hall/pub/park etc.

Don't preach to me from your bedroom.

Buffalo Bill

Pants Shaton

Either the club's supporters are capable of influencing the Romanovs or they are not.

If you believe the latter, then you may as well continue buying season tickets and merchandise, as before, and 'enjoy' the ride.

However, if you believe the Romanovs are capable of being influenced then it seems logical to register your disaffection by protest. Purchasing a season ticket is as concrete a gesture of support as it is possible to make. You are, in effect, assenting to the current Romanov plan.

No doubt the 'superfan' usual suspects will appear on this thread with their hollow rhetoric: 'unconditional supporter' etc. Some of them the same people who claimed they would not support Hearts at Murrayfield; their definition of unconditional differs slightly from what you might find in a dictionary. Again, it all comes down to 2 simple questions:

Do you think Romanov's plan will deliver stability and success for Hearts?

If you believe the answer is yes - keep buying season tickets

If you believe the answer is no, it begs a further question:

Will protesting change anything?

If you believe the answer is no - keep buying season tickets

If you believe the answer is yes - do something.

I'm not convinced Romanov current course will benefit the club (and may genuinely harm our long term future) and I don't know whether protesting will make a difference.

I will not, therefore, be giving him my cash up front. I will continue to go to every game that I can next season.

I don't know if I'm right or wrong but I'm acting in what I believe to be a responsible way. Equally those who have renewed are firm in their belief that they are correct.

Ultimately everyone on this site (Hobos excluded) wants what is best for Hearts. It's just difficult to know what that is at the moment.

Of course if he appoints an experienced, autonomous manager this problem is solved in an instant. The ball is in his court.

Pants Shaton

What about preaching from my creepy converted cellar?

Buffalo Bill
What about preaching from my creepy converted cellar?

Oh that's fine but I recommend a good broadband.

Buffalo Bill

I'm so darn angry right now I'll definately, maybe posssibly not be buying a season ticket in the 2025/26 season and also if its not raining I'm going to boycott normal coke and start buying diet coke. Take heed Vlad!! :mad:

More nonsense. Folk arent paying their money and THEN finding out that we're mince - folk know the score in advance and have still parted with their money.

I'll bet you the cost of my season ticket for this year that we still have a football club for the start of season 09/10.

I agree with most of the original post - but you've clearly just over dramatised most of it.

Erik - is that not an even more irrational thing to do then? To know something is crappy and fecked up and still front up the moolah?

I sincerely hope you are right and 09/10 brings a team, but my point was referring to the claim that there was nothing anybody could do.

There was, and the opportunity wasnt acted upon.

Every supporter I know who didn't (or hasn't yet) renewed has done so from a personal objective.

It's their choice, and I fully understand that. I support them 100%. Likewise, me renewing is my choice and they know that.

Sitting behind a keyboard telling me I'm a mug/idiot/Vladsheep for renewing says nothing about me and lots about them.

In my opinion, keyboard heroics don't work. If you want to organise a movement to NOT renew; then so from the street/church hall/pub/park etc.

Buffalo Bill

Agreed!

Blaming everything on those of us who have renewed is getting tiresome.

Adding a spurious "FACT" at the end of a post is meaningless, and reinforces

an argument not one jot.

You can't really go blaming them when they have only had the audacity to be duped as much as the rest of us.

Robinson was a parasite, but I have different opinions on McGrail and Deans. However, it seems fairly likely that they simply Believed as much as the rest of us did.

marshallschunkychicken
Is Vermin.net down?

Sorry but there is a lot of hoboesque thinking on this thread. :mad:

Agreed.

Fxxx the SPFL

I just wonder what Romanov's end game is because I see no point in what he is doing, if he wants Ukio bankas to be succesful in the UK than why all the crap that is going on just now you think he would be bending over backwards to warm to the business community this does not seem to be the case but and it's a big but I only hope that it all pans out in the end.

:sad:

Buffalo Bill
Agreed!

an argument not one jot.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not against a protest for not renewing.

I can fully understand it.

But if people are going to give sermons: at least do so in public.

Buffalo Bill

brellierlegend
You can't really go blaming them when they have only had the audacity to be duped as much as the rest of us.

Robinson was a parasite, but I have different opinions on McGrail and Deans. However, it seems fairly likely that they simply Believed as much as the rest of us did.

Perhaps but I think these guys and looked primarily at lining their pockets. Thats fair enough I suppose but surely a little bit of investigation i.e. a phone call to Yorkston or Thomson to say "excuse me guys but why did you say no to Vlad?" may have been useful.

Buffalo Bill

Spot on Bill.;)

Pants Shaton
Don't get me wrong: I'm not against a protest for not renewing.

I can fully understand it.

But if people are going to give sermons: at least do so in public.

Buffalo Bill

I don't see what the problem is with people putting forward their arguments for non-renewal on JKB so long as they don't descend into personal feuds and mud-slinging. Thousands of people use kickback so it seems just as effective (if not more so) in disseminating opinion, or even organising protest, than any face to face public event.

I'm just as opposed to those who berate ST renewers as those who berate the 'protestors'. This issue is not black and white but JKB, at its best, should be a forum for an adult debate.

marshallschunkychicken
Perhaps but I think these guys and looked primarily at lining their pockets. Thats fair enough I suppose but surely a little bit of investigation i.e. a phone call to Yorkston or Thomson to say "excuse me guys but why did you say no to Vlad?" may have been useful.

I wouldn't say it was primarily as lining their pockets.

I'd suggest that a not insignificant amount of their worth was tied up in their shareholding.

Essentially they could sell up, or risk having their investment effectively written down to zero when Vlad got full control, which was going to happen.

I also think that they did in many ways 'believe' and I know from speaking to one of them two years after the sale, that he was still optimistic that Vlad could deliver, albeit more in hope that expectation at that time. I don't think they could have forseen this mess.

Buffalo Bill

I think you need to dismount from that there high horse Bill, and take a breath before you burst into your defensive knee-jerking rhetoric.

A few points:

1.It's a personal perspective, not objective.

2. Renewing is of course a personal choice. but choices do, whether or not you like it, have consequences. The consequences of purchasing a ST is unequivocally a statement of tacit support for the incumbent regime, whether or not you want it to be.

3. Never once suggested you or anyone else was any of the names you suggested. Possibly you doth protest too much?

4. The fact there wasnt protests doesnt mean a rats fart. You make no point.

5. Keyboard heroics? Curious way of putting it. When i type something its "keyboard heroics", when you do presumably it is the voice of reason and clarity?

6. Im not in a bedroom, but a rather nice air conditioned office, having a lazy day whilst my staff earn me money.

I put it to you that you dont have the capacity to remove yer heid from yer erse and see what is actually going on.

Surely there are some very basic questions to be asked of Vlad and us the supporters.

Do we want the team to be succesful? - How is this best achieved.

Do we want to see long term prosperity for the club? - Will building a new stand be the best way of doing this.

Should the club be united in this time of unrest? - There should be more communication between board and supporters to ensure we are all pulling in the same direction.

If these are not addressed fully how can the supporters of the club- the lifeblood remove the current caretaker of this institution?

The simplist questions are usually the most relevant and revealing.

Gillsland jack

I will renew...probably ..in the next two weeks, however I've taken some comfort from the fact he does'nt have my cash just yet and having watched the debacle unfold over the last month regarding the appointment of a new manager, in a small way I've been very pleased about that, also I've not had the same gut wrenching feelings Romanov's behaviour normally bring on until the amateur way Stevie Frails departure has been handled...can this really get any worse?....

GJ...former Vladsheep.:o

Is Vermin.net down?

Sorry but there is a lot of hoboesque thinking on this thread. :mad:

Ah yes, of course. The minute a dissenting voice with a strong opinion comes on the board it is evidence of "hoboesque thinking". Of course, it may just be an opinion that is valid on its own? Mmmmm?

Agreed!

an argument not one jot.

No one,or not everyone, is blaming everything on people who renewed,I for one have not renewed and was a tad disapointed that 9000 or so did.

IMO non renewal of ST's might have got a responce from Vlad that most fans are hacked of by the way the club is run.

What I think got peoples danders up was the way some posters blatantly rubbed the "I've got a ST,so therefore I'm a better supporter than you".

I think this was one of our best chances to show Vlad that we will not be fecked around,as I say that is my opinion.

I myself have slated some for renewal(like saying they were getting rogered by Vlad,and the likes)so really I suppose I have to take it back in return.

Like I say not renewing could have shown Vlad, but some might just see that in the past 2-3 weeks we have fallen further into the shet and could put it that because so many renewed it gave Vlad the thumbs up to carry on his unbelievable ways.

Not "FACT" just my view,FACT,aaacchhh,it's a FACT I,ve used FACT 3times,no wait thats 4 times now that's a FACT.....eeeeeeeeeeeeeek now it's 5 times I've put FACT,nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo this has to end FACT.

Buffalo Bill
I think you need to dismount from that there high horse Bill, and take a breath before you burst into your defensive knee-jerking rhetoric.

A few points:

1.It's a personal perspective, not objective.

2. Renewing is of course a personal choice. but choices do, whether or not you like it, have consequences. The consequences of purchasing a ST is unequivocally a statement of tacit support for the incumbent regime, whether or not you want it to be.

3. Never once suggested you or anyone else was any of the names you suggested. Possibly you doth protest too much?

4. The fact there wasnt protests doesnt mean a rats fart. You make no point.

5. Keyboard heroics? Curious way of putting it. When i type something its "keyboard heroics", when you do presumably it is the voice of reason and clarity?

6. Im not in a bedroom, but a rather nice air conditioned office, having a lazy day whilst my staff earn me money.

I put it to you that you dont have the capacity to remove yer heid from yer erse and see what is actually going on.

You resort to abuse. You lose. ;)

But for what it's worth:

We can all boast about earning money on the internet. Irvine Jambo was loaded. Thanks for throwing that in though: I have soooo much repsect for you now. What car do you drive? A big one?

I live in the real world. I don't tell folk to (or not to) buy season tickets. If I did, I'd bang my drum in the street, not from a bedsit/air conditioned office where my staff earn me money (delete as required).

When I go to support my team, or have a pint in the pub - I never seem to meet people like you. Funny that.

Buffalo Bill

P.S I think Hearts have been a disgrace for two years now. But ranting on here ain't gonna change that.

But for what it's worth:

We can all boast about earning money on the internet. Irvine Jambo was loaded. Thanks for throwing that in though: I have soooo much repsect for you now. What car do you drive? A big one?

I live in the real world. I don't tell folk to (or not to) buy season tickets. If I did, I'd bang my drum in the street, not from a bedsit/air conditioned office where my staff earn me money (delete as required).

When I go to support my team, or have a pint in the pub - I never seem to meet people like you. Funny that.

Buffalo Bill

P.S I think Hearts have been a disgrace for two years now. But ranting on here ain't gonna change that.

TBH BB you kinda did start the abuse with the bedroom comment.

But for what it's worth:

Buffalo Bill

Maybe we drink in different pubs.

I also think you started the abuse bit, but we'll agree to differ on that, eh.

I'm glad you have respect for me - that is only right and proper. I am obviously a considerably better person than you.

But back to the point, which you have singularly failed to address - was it or was it not an opportunity for the majority of last years ST holders to send a clear and unequivocal message to the loony by not renewing?

Whilst I respect your views and agree with some of them, I do not agree to people telling others what they SHOULD think - that in itself is like a dictator.

Buffalo Bill
TBH BB you kinda did start the abuse with the bedroom comment.

I wasn't writing about him. I didn't quote him.

I'm writing in general terms. If he took offence at that, then that's issue.

Maybe he should wrap himself up in cotton wool?

Buffalo Bill

The only option open to Hearts fans since the end of last season was to not buy season tickets and not buy merchandice at the Hearts stores. Unfortunately with the very best of intentions people eare still doing this so Vlad won't listen

Whilst I respect your views and agree with some of them, I do not agree to people telling others what they SHOULD think - that in itself is like a dictator.

Pretty much sums up the way that a great deal of the posting on here is heading.

There are too many people posting that what they post is the gospel and the word. It isn't. It is an opinion and no more unless you are backing it up with indisputable facts. An indisputable fact is on that has documentary evidence to support it, beyond opinion. Opinion does not make fact.

Buffalo Bill
Maybe we drink in different pubs.

I also think you started the abuse bit, but we'll agree to differ on that, eh.

I'm glad you have respect for me - that is only right and proper. I am obviously a considerably better person than you.

But back to the point, which you have singularly failed to address - was it or was it not an opportunity for the majority of last years ST holders to send a clear and unequivocal message to the loony by not renewing?

How did I abuse you? Sounds like somebody needs a hug.

I'm sure you are a much better person than me: if that makes you feel better.

Re season ticket sales: I did address it. You have only typed, but not read.

I am all for protest in terms of non-renewal of season tickets. But not by means of the keyboard warrior. Like I said, anyone can claim to be anything on the internet.

I really like Kickbabck: but I live in the real world.

...and in the real world: nothing has been done. Where was your protest? I must have missed it.

Would non-renewal have sent out a message to Romanov? Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows.

Maybe you should organise it for next season?

Buffalo Bill

I wasn't writing about him. I didn't quote him.

I'm writing in general terms. If he took offence at that, then that's issue.

Maybe he should wrap himself up in cotton wool?

Buffalo Bill

Calm down BB,IMO thing's are just about to get worse and this web-site is going to explode and go into melt down.

With every passing day we are,once again IMO,heading into the abyss.

Rudolf's Mate
Erik - is that not an even more irrational thing to do then? To know something is crappy and fecked up and still front up the moolah?

I sincerely hope you are right and 09/10 brings a team, but my point was referring to the claim that there was nothing anybody could do.

There was, and the opportunity wasnt acted upon.

Sorry if something has been posted along this line already however I have not got enough lunch break to read to the end......

In order for HMFC to go out of business either Romanov would have to also or his bank or for him to pull his financial backing. We may be in the middle of a credit crunch however if things were that bad for Vlad he would simply sell to the highest bidder in order to recoup some of his cash!

We'd only go to the wall if Vlad actually had that as his intentions :confused:

Which I doubt!!!

Buffalo Bill
Calm down BB,IMO thing's are just about to get worse and this web-site is going to explode and go into melt down.

With every passing day we are,once again IMO,heading into the abyss.

I'm perfectly calm, thanks.

Things might get worse, I agree. And there might come a day when I don't renew if things keep going the way they are.

But spare me the likes of Y2K or whatever his name is preaching from his office.

If or when things go Pete Tong next season, I'll make my own mind up as how to react.

Buffalo Bill

But spare me the likes of Y2K or whatever his name is preaching from his office.

Lol!!! Its air conditioned dont ya know..... People work for him!!!

I'm perfectly calm, thanks.

Things might get worse, I agree. And there might come a day when I don't renew if things keep going the way they are.

If or when things go Pete Tong next season, I'll make my own mind up as how to react.

Buffalo Bill

Okay mate,I think that some people are now begining to realise that thing's are pretty dire and that this may be there only way to vent their frustrstion,I'm not saying everyone should have a go at you,by the way,but I think this ripping into each other will get worse.

Mods,get your red cards ready,mind in saying that because of all the suspensions we might not get mega-threads.

I know what you mean but its a hard call for fans who love the club so much that they dont want it to be seen to be hit even more in financial terms than they are already in by not buying an ST.

Some say it shows Romanov you approve of what he is doing other says it shows that your trying to support HMFC through the hard times and hope things will change the argument can be supported either way.

I generally dont think a small ST support would change that mans opinions either way so in the end i think it is a mute point.

The only option open to Hearts fans since the end of last season was to not buy season tickets and not buy merchandice at the Hearts stores. Unfortunately with the very best of intentions people eare still doing this so Vlad won't listen

I disagree. I think you get more power if you complain/protest as a season ticket holder.

Nothing would be more effective than 9,000 people walking out of the stadium 5 minutes after kick-off.

This shows a willingness to support the club (if nobody spent money on Hearts we would quickly go bust!) but an unwillingness to put up with any crap.

If k.o. arrives on 9th(?) August and we've still not got a manager in place then I fully intend to walk out 5 minutes into the game to show my disapproval. I'll head to the pup though (wife would have me shoppin, etc. if she didn't think I was at the match!)

Archived