• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• kimosavi

• iantjambo

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

levein constantly refuses to make subs especially when we are holding precarious 1-0 leads

That's my biggest irritation tonight. We had striking options on the bench in Vanecek and Keena.... guys who you think might grab a goal... But sticks mulraney on for MacLean

CloustonHMFC

Stuck up for Levein since he took the job but really starting to lose it now. If we don’t beat Partick next week he needs to go, if we do, he needs to go at the end of the season. 

avhudtheteeshirt

Game changer for me was just after half time Harkins challenge on Uche, came right down with his studs on Uche's instep and he never really recovered from it.

Madden watched 2 Thistle players fouling him all night and just kept giving them free kicks????

joondalupjambo

Looking forward to Dundee on Saturday. Surely it will be better than that?  

What do we do at training?

There is no improvement in the players or the cohesion and ball retention of the team.

Actually the odd free kick is better but that's about it

It's absolutely damning of the coaching.

He takes a striker off and brings on jake ****ing Mulraney!! Just feck off Levein, you are finished you bottle merchant 

We will not punch anywhere near our weight with Levein in charge...I wont renew my season ticket and may now reduce my FOH subs....to endure this and not change my habits some way equals self harm of sorts....

Its beyond comprehension how poor we are and have been under Leveins charge...he is to blame..

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Okay then what did he do tonight? 

Enlighten me.

Thought first half his movement was alright. 

Second half the entire team were abysmal. Rather than picking individual players it's our team work that is honking 

1 minute ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Also no other subs than mulraney supports that they wanted to take it back home. Two strikers on bench and he goes with one upfront sorry he's lost it gtf the lot of them

Have to agree.  Did McLean actually touch the ball.  Somebody should a ok so tell Uche to lay the ball off.

5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Poor. 

But winning the cup is never easy. 

The best result tonight would now be  Hearts / Thistle v Inverness. 

Djoum wasted out wide. 

Haring too slow. 

Upfront too Laboured. 

McLean waste of a jersey. 

Clare needs to be far more influential. 

Bozanic imo is ineffective, looks tidy on the ball by does not actually do anything. 

Sigh. 

Must agree.  After another piece of Clare ineffectuality I looked at the clock, it was 64 minutes and still no substitutes.  Keena and/Or Vanecek could not contribute less.

Uche for all his effort is being double teamed.

Whole coaching staff to blame, we are shocking in open play. The goal is a set piece gone wrong, plan there is a volley from the edge of the box. A new start is required next season, recruitment for a manager should start now. 

rudi must stay

Embarrassing and pathetic result. As usual I would put it down to a lack of quality in our team and I would actually say a lack of effort from everyone at times. Should beat them at Tynecastle but that only papers over the cracks, where was Levein to inspire the troops as well. Things are not rosy and I hope Ann Budge does something about that in the summer as there is potential with that team 

best in the land

Levein has failed and needs to go he's now just damaging the club. 

Whole new setup needed. 

Hearts are a big club that should be doing far better than this. 

4 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Ann will be delighted with the money spinning replay. More for the med pension fund 

The 5 year retirement plan.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Apart from missing a sitter and having an effort deflected on to the bar, he was invisible!

As he has been for most the games he has been a part of (IMO) , he gets defended frok people on here way to much, almost like Prince B, after the championship season 

CloustonHMFC

Stuck up for Levein since he took the job but really starting to lose it now. If we don’t beat Partick next week he needs to go, if we do, he needs to go at the end of the season. 

OmiyaHearts
6 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Pathetic.   For all their possession they achieved nothing.   To many players contributed nothing and I am getting frustrated with Berra constantly lobbing the ball to nowhere in particular.

This bottom of the Championship stuff.   

Pathetic. One word that sums us up perfectly.

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Bloody Hell! 

No pace.

No organisation.

No width.

No Striker. 

No clue.

That's football under Levein.

rudi must stay
Just now, daveyhmfc said:

Don't genuinely care who we get in the draw. We are not winning this cup.

We are just fodder for the OF in Glasgow if we get one of them

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

There's absolutely no basis or evidence to support this.     He's played blinders in colder weather than this.    The location of the game goes no further than being home or away.     

Cold.   :rofl:

Oh well, maybe next time for Mr Djoum, yeah? 

Just now, daveyhmfc said:

Don't genuinely care who we get in the draw. We are not winning this cup.

What a terrible attitude........which I also share.....

:jj_facepalm:

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Second half the entire team were abysmal. Rather than picking individual players it's our team work that is honking 

He played head tennis in the first half with bozanic I think but I’ll be honest here, if I hadn’t seen the team line up I wouldn’t have known he was actually playing 

2 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

That's my biggest irritation tonight. We had striking options on the bench in Vanecek and Keena.... guys who you think might grab a goal... But sticks mulraney on for MacLean

This for me i spent most of the second half screaming for Keena to come on for McLean. But instead he takes off a forward and puts on a winger?! 

ScandinavianJambo
7 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I agree, he is too stubborn to change his mind. Lack of creativity was eye watering... 

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Oh well, maybe next time for Mr Djoum, yeah? 

Was poor.   **** all to do with the cold though.

Inch Hearts
Just now, rudi must stay said:

We are just fodder for the OF in Glasgow if we get one of them

Robbo knocking Levein out of the cup isn’t even worth thinking about. 

gowestjambo
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Unfortunatetly, after our application and intent against celtic, we were back to our pedestrian best. Quite simply a team of journeymen when we do not play at a high tempo.

Captain Canada

Berra's passing is beyond abysmal and Souttar's seems to have gone off the boil now too. 

How could we sign 18 players and still lack any creativity? 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

My only consolation right now is there must have been a similar thread when we chucked it at home to saint liedown in the QFs in 2012. 

Does anyone think this team would not only embarrass us further at Hampden? I was an undecided in the last Levein poll but that was grim with no attempt to change it when Thistle were getting more in the game and we were producing less and less. We seem less assured at the back without Smith but should have offset that by offering more at the other end.

7 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Says you who wanted us to lose. 

:bolt:

Is your middle name mediocre?

Losing and getting rid of the halfwits responsible for this would have been a great result.

Shame you can't see it.

Inch Hearts
Just now, Victorian said:

Was poor.   **** all to do with the cold though.

Cold night in a shit tip stadium, he hiding when should be leading.  He’s not going to play at a higher level than where he is.  He’s decent under comfortable conditions but shite when the going gets tough. 

Smith&Weston

How Maclean and Clare stayed on tonight I’ll never know.  Both never tried a leg.

we should have beat them 5v0 with the players we had, never mind a replay

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

What a disgusting performance, I'm actually angry at that.

It's well known which side of the Levein debate I'm on but, after that, I can only assume it was a total stitch up for a replay.

Obviously Djoum has lead weights sewn into his boots.

Bozanic has been told not to cross the ball properly!

Clare improved in the second half from abysmal to quite not so abysmal.

Souttar was told to kick the ball out the park at every opportunity - and,

The subs were told not to bother bringing their boots.

Was MacLean playing?

Uche was told that everybody else will be playing at 60% or less and it was all up to him.

At half-time I predicted the result, it was blatantly obvious.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, 1874robbo said:

He played head tennis in the first half with bozanic I think but I’ll be honest here, if I hadn’t seen the team line up I wouldn’t have known he was actually playing 

Fair enough. Perhaps with the other 9 outfield players they just enjoy watching Uche. 

For the first real time this season I wouldn't mind a change of gaffer. 

Passive tonight. Weak willed unprofessional out for a jog.

Lacking leaders 

GeordieM1969

How can they go from looking so confident in the 1st half to then deliver such an inept, clueless and embarrassing performance in the 2nd half ? Absolutely shocking .... yet again. Should have been out of sight by half time, but then allowed Thistle back into it by playing in such a shambolic manner. Where was the organisation & man-management ? Missing .... yet again ! Lucky to get away with a draw.

OmiyaHearts
6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

A club the size of Hearts and all we have off the bench is second rate winger ditched by Inverness 

And we started with a 50 year old front who wouldn’t even get a start for thistle.

Worrying that that our so-called manager couldn’t even find solution to breaking down one of the worst teams in the county.

Fact is that shelling the ball upfield and head tennis is NOT football. The tactics were predictable and pish. Our shooting is primary school level. I won't be at the replay

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
7 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Should have brought one of those guys on at half time or on 60. We don’t have huge strength in depth but need to use subs more cleverly, if he insists on bringing Mulraney on do it earlier let him run at the defense a bit when we’re 1-0 up not chasing the win

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is your middle name mediocre?

Losing and getting rid of the halfwits responsible for this would have been a great result.

Shame you can't see it.

:cornette: