U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

It must be awful being a Republican voter in the US at the moment. Thinking you've won and now seeing your hopes not only go up in smoke, but go up in smoke in an excruciatingly long drawn out process, like watching a bus going over a cliff in slow-motion.

CL4iBbR.gif

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

What's the script in N. Carolina? It has been stuck on about 94% of votes counted for a day. 

I saw a report somewhere that NC wouldn't be providing any "interim" updates for another 6 days.  Whether that's because they won't report the figures or won't do any more counting I don't know - they can accept mail-in votes up to November 12th as long as they are postmarked on or before election day.

21 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

There are no words to adequately describe that Trump speech, but I'll try.

He's a rambling, demented, lying buffoon who is an embarrassment to his country.  That was a shocking diatribe from a pathetic human being who desperately needs medical help.

I'm sure I'll think of stronger words later. 

The amusing thing was when NBC cut off the live feed to explain that the President's allegations were incorrect and then never went back to him. No idea what his intentions were but what a total cock.

6 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I saw a report somewhere that NC wouldn't be providing any "interim" updates for another 6 days.  Whether that's because they won't report the figures or won't do any more counting I don't know - they can accept mail-in votes up to November 12th as long as they are postmarked on or before election day.

Cheers 👍 

Just now, Stokesy said:

Do Trump's kids realise how crazy he is or do they think he's acting rationally?

Both.

Trump is unhinged, but he is acting rationally.

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Amazingly,aye.

Next 90 minutes is very pivotal, imo.

Where did you get your info on Arizona tipping towards Trump earlier?

Rodger Mellie
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

It must be awful being a Republican voter in the US at the moment. Thinking you've won and now seeing your hopes not only go up in smoke, but go up in smoke in an excruciatingly long drawn out process, like watching a bus going over a cliff in slow-motion.

Im just back from my Republican supporting father-in law's house. We were chilling having beer around the fire pit listening to Trump's rant. He almost choked on his beer in disbelief at what he was hearing. He is disgusted by Trump's  behavior and stated he is content for the Dems to win in order to get rid of him. Perhaps the exception to the rule in that regard. 

John Gentleman
1 minute ago, Stokesy said:

Do Trump's kids realise how crazy he is or do they think he's acting rationally?

They're just as crazy as he is – just a different type of crazy.

2 minutes ago, Rodger Mellie said:

Im just back from my Republican supporting father-in law's house. We were chilling having beer around the fire pit listening to Trump's rant. He almost choked on his beer in disbelief at what he was hearing. He is disgusted by Trump's  behavior and stated he is content for the Dems to win in order to get rid of him. Perhaps the exception to the rule in that regard. 

Good to hear. :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

PreciousClearcutAbalone-size_restricted.

Donnie needs to come back out and thrash at a few more straws. This is slipping away by the minute. Get on the blower to Coney Barrett or sumthin. 

Trump's Lunatic Christian Adviser Strikes Demons for Victory

Donald Trump's lunatic Christian adviser Paula White speaks in tongues and generally loses her mind attempting to invoke the power of god to give Donald Trump a victory over Joe Biden..

Kalamazoo Jambo
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Name change from Barack, to Joe...?

JKB...democracy demands a response.

My thoughts are in the mail.

J.T.F.Robertson
12 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Trump's Lunatic Christian Adviser Strikes Demons for Victory

Donald Trump's lunatic Christian adviser Paula White speaks in tongues and generally loses her mind attempting to invoke the power of god to give Donald Trump a victory over Joe Biden..

Oblivious to the fact he thinks he is god.

A Boy Named Crow
26 minutes ago, Barack said:

CNN reporter in Phoenix. Indications to her, were votes were leaning his way.

Biden is mincing Trump now % wise in PA, it's not even going to matter.

I read yesterday that PA would be the Republicans' best shot in the supreme court. I'd rather that wasn't the one we all pin our hopes on. 

A Boy Named Crow
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Trump campaign's put two objections identical to their current lawsuit to SCOTUS already. 

They've refused it. Twice.

Did they not also say they'd be willing to look at it again,  now with Trump's new judge in play?

I'm only taking this from something I read on the BBC yesterday 

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Some drunk tart live on FOX, landed ACB's "impartiality" right in it earlier.

SCOTUS have said it's State law. In several cases, as I think you know...GOP laws in PA, Georgia & Michigan...and Wisconsin I believe.

If SCOTUS ruled now, I kid you not, there would be a 2nd Civil War.

Fair enough,  I'd like Biden to get by with PA plus one or two others. I just don't trust the justice system to come good...cynical bugger that I am 

CavySlaveJambo

Georgia is really close to flipping Blue
Biden can take the lead based on the remaining votes in Clayton County. 

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

Just now, Barack said:

Apparently not. It's not based on majority. GOP has the say.

I assumed wrong on what King said then. Tiny chance of it anyway.

Just now, JackLadd said:

I assumed wrong on what King said then. Tiny chance of it anyway.

Like I asked: Any chance Biden could win GA and lose all the others?  :peepwall:

Just now, Ulysses said:

Like I asked: Any chance Biden could win GA and lose all the others?  :peepwall:

Na.  He has won Pennsylvania and probably a couple of others.

He won't win all the remaining states though.

I've stayed up with Georgia until 2.30 in the morning because she said she would go all the way. Should I carry on waiting or just give up and go to bed?

7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Do you want Trump to win? 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Do you want Trump to win? 

It doesn't matter what I want.

It's just that we've already had every bizarro shitshow 2020 can throw at us - why not an election decided by a Republican minority in a Democratic-controlled house?  :peepwall:

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've stayed up with Georgia until 2.30 in the morning because she said she would go all the way. Should I carry on waiting or just give up and go to bed?

And they said romance was dead, wha'?

Just now, redjambo said:

Down to 1900. Donnie's fingertips are turning blue like the state. 

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

It doesn't matter what I want.

It's just that we've already had every bizarro shitshow 2020 can throw at us - why not an election decided by a Republican minority in a Democratic-controlled house?  :peepwall:

#UllyVotesMatter. 

5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

And they said romance was dead, wha'?

:D She's such a tease though. Getting closer and closer to achieving a result with her but never quite making it. I might have to end up focussing on her sister Penny.

Edited by redjambo

CavySlaveJambo
5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Down to 1900. Donnie's fingertips are turning blue like the state. 

Just under 43000  in Pennsylvania now. 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D She's such a tease though. Getting closer and closer to achieving a result with her but never quite making it.

tenor.gif

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)