U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Whoever wins won’t ruin my day. Check my postings since 3am. I’ve got a handle on what’s going on.

You’ll still be a slaver regardless, however.

Salty as ****. 🤣

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dennis Reynolds

The backtracking is quite remarkable.

Anyway, Biden now at 1/2. Stuck a bit on this morning when he was at 2/1 so I'm happy.

2 minutes ago, LMc said:

The backtracking is quite remarkable.

Anyway, Biden now at 1/2. Stuck a bit on this morning when he was at 2/1 so I'm happy.

Me too but 3/1.

America hopelessly divided. The one thing favouring Biden in 2024 if he wins is the economy should be getting growth then.

Trump can console himself if he loses in his strong support of white people over 45. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Biden now strong favourite with the bookies. 7-4 on. What do they know????

That most remaining votes in Wisconsin and Michigan should lean Democratic. Not a gimme, but I’d rather be Biden than Trump right now.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

America hopelessly divided. The one thing favouring Biden in 2024 if he wins is the economy should be getting growth then.

Trump can console himself if he loses in his strong support of white people over 45. 

Why is that a consolation? Just curious what you mean by that.

1 minute ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

That most remaining votes in Wisconsin and Michigan should lean Democratic. Not a gimme, but I’d rather be Biden than Trump right now.

Ta. Good to have some knowledgeable boots on the ground. Biden has 224 votes in the bag. Maine puts him up to 228. He's looking good for Nevada (6), Arizona (11), Michigan (16) & Wisconsin (10), which would add 43 and enable him to squeak home on 271. 

Fingers crossed 🍀

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Very good things have happened. Better than we've ever seen before! People can't believe how great they are. Other places are very bad. Bad things happen there. Sleepy Joe wants to make America like those places. Vote Trump. 

"You only need to look at what goes on in, you know, other places. Nobody knows that better than me." Knowing full well that they won't look at what goes on in other places.

I best start learning to speak Chinese.

Mac_fae_Gillie
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

How nobody in the media has taken him to task over this for the last 4 years is astonishing, are they all shit scared of him or something.

I do not believe for one minute he'd ever get away with a fraction of this in the UK.

Bit unfair to say nobody in the media has taken him to task on this, look at the number of individual journalists and media outlets that have been banned from the White House briefings over the last 4years, including at 1 point the BBC.. He doesn't call the media "Fake news" because he likes what they say..

24 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Why is that a consolation? Just curious what you mean by that.

States like Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania declaring they need more days to count their votes raises the real possibility of voter fraud.

The steal is on, not that you seem to be interested.

However, I suspect the ruse will fail.

Edited by alfajambo

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Very good things have happened. Better than we've ever seen before! People can't believe how great they are. Other places are very bad. Bad things happen there. Sleepy Joe wants to make America like those places. Vote Trump. 

😀  Send it in to Spitting Image, Trump is the goose that keeps laying   golden  comedy eggs for them.   Just like his speech this morning about the vote counting  being   "the greatest fraud on the American people. It's embarrassing for our country".  His lack of awareness of just how ironic those words  sound  is astounding !!!  😲

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Bit unfair to say nobody in the media has taken him to task on this, look at the number of individual journalists and media outlets that have been banned from the White House briefings over the last 4years, including at 1 point the BBC.. He doesn't call the media "Fake news" because he likes what they say..

True. The reality is, traditional media is finding it harder and harder to have any impact on the public. Like I said earlier, Covid has won this for Biden, nothing else. And I guess in part that’s because of the media coverage of Trump’s lunacy when it came to dealing with the virus. But Trump might still nick this and the fact that it’s so close tells you that a lot of people don’t want to hear what they’re being told.

It also tells you that Biden is a shit candidate but that’s a separate argument.

Just now, alfajambo said:

States like Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania declaring they need more days to count their votes raises the real possibility of voter fraud.

What on earth are you on about?

What does any of that have to do with what I asked Mikey?

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

You’re just making stuff up (as normal).

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Would though. 

Oh yeah, for sure. But would then hand her over to the Italians to spend 30 years dying in jail

I'm happy for Joe to squeak home with 271. I'm not his biggest fan but I utterly loathe Trumpet who I believe would be dangerously emboldened with a 2nd term. I just want the fecker out by any means possible.

11 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Yeh, I know, it just seems that nobody does anything because he just keeps coming out with the same old shit day in day out.

8 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:trippin:

These guys on CNN should be commended for keeping up the (repetitive) positivity and pathway for a Biden win.

Bit of a cheek mind to be asking the 'returning officers' which way the wind is blowing.

And he’s not praying!

I'm happy for Joe to squeak home with 271. I'm not his biggest fan but I utterly loathe Trumpet who I believe would be dangerously emboldened with a 2nd term. I just want the fecker out by any means possible.

It’s looking like 270 on the nose!

5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

At 271 and eventual appeal loss through SC and it will be straight jacket.

Just now, DETTY29 said:

At 271 and eventual appeal loss through SC and it will be straight jacket.

For Trump I hope. My Weedgie mate in Boston wants him in an orange jump suit!

4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.9ebbe5d0ba13e4ff02024ce3664214b0.png

:ohmy:

Justin - what happens if it's a tie?

I caught that it would go down to one vote per state but not how it works and the likely winner.

Can you enlighten, please?

Edited by DETTY29

3 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

It’s looking like 270 on the nose!

Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin & Michigan would give him 271.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Justin - what happens if it's a tie?

I caught that it would go down to one state one vote but not how it works and the likely winner.

Can you enlighten, please?

Absent an absolute majority for any candidate, a contingent election is held in the House of Representatives per Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution. Each state's delegation of representatives votes as a bloc, kind of keeping with the theme of the electoral college, and voting would undoubtedly fall along party lines. Republicans control majorities in 26 state contingents, so they would undoubtedly push Trump through in this scenario, and all of Joe Biden's outreach to the GOP would be shown up for what it was: a bunch of idiotic bullshit.

And he’s not praying!

Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin & Michigan would give him 271.

Inc Maine. It’s 270 on the nose if it remains he wins 3 of the 4 electoral votes there. 271 if he cleans up the 4th.

Can see why Trump said what he said now. He knew the mailing vote would be the final nail and wanted it stopped whilst he was ahead.

Toys out the pram

Just now, And he’s not praying! said:

Inc Maine. It’s 270 on the nose if it remains he wins 3 of the 4 electoral votes there. 271 if he cleans up the 4th.

Ah, okay. Ta for fine tuning my knowledge. 270 would be amazing and as @Dusk_Till_Dawn had just said, utter chaos will ensue. The redneck hicks down South will go mental unfortunately.

Biden could yet win Pennsylvania and result in a comfortable victory.

Without that he still looks the winner, but it's going to rumble on for a few weeks and is going to be very messy.

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

I've got a feeling it won't look so close in the end, Biden will win Georgia and Pennsylvania as well as the popular vote.

Yep, that's the way I'm leaving.

And he’s not praying!

Ah, okay. Ta for fine tuning my knowledge. 270 would be amazing and as @Dusk_Till_Dawn had just said, utter chaos will ensue. The redneck hicks down South will go mental unfortunately.

270/271. Whatever it takes to get him out of office. :)

Looks like it’s on.

Time for a few hours kip. It’s been a long night.

24 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Hope so. As long Joe just makes it to the inauguration, he can stand down after that. 

Even if Trump were to hold onto Michigan. Biden can still win Pennsylvania. 

1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

270/271. Whatever it takes to get him out of office. :)

Looks like it’s on.

Time for a few hours kip. It’s been a long night.

I gave up at 3am, when it looked like Trump was going to win. Up again at 7.30 for work and much more optimistic news.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

At least the reality is that Trump can only bluster and delay for so long. It might be a nightmare but the courts won’t back him on this. Just got to dig in for the long game.

Still pretty depressing though. I promise you Biden will achieve nothing in these next fours years and will change very little. It takes Trump out of the equation but you’ll see big problems over there.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

I gave up at 3am, when it looked like Trump was going to win. Up again at 7.30 for work and much more optimistic news.

Weird how it’s changed. Basically down to postal ballots (as far as I can tell).

Which is why there’s going to be a riot :rofl:

Tell you what, when Trump made that speech earlier, someone close to him had obviously clocked what was coming. He knew then that he was in trouble. What a prick.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)