• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kalamazoo Jambo
31 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Too many people to reply to so will do it here - yes, I saw the footage on Instagram. A police officer was next to the person when they were doing it. I know that it was electoral fraud because I have been with my American families when they have voted so I know what the process is. 

Regardless of who you vote for, electoral fraud is wrong. Let's just hope that what was caught on tape did not influence the election but indeed it is terrible to see. Fair is fair and cheating - in any form - is not.

You have no clue what the process is, or what ballot transcribing is.

https://www.delcopa.gov/publicrelations/releases/2020/ballotvideoresponse.html

Edit: should also add that each state has its own process.

kingantti1874

😂 there is no fraud, thank god a slim majority of Americans aren’t complete weapons and have launched the laughable *****

Edited by kingantti1874

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 there is no fraud, thank god a slim majority of Americans aren’t complete weapons and have launched the laughable *****

I’m no longer slim but thank you.

7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

It is oligarchy of the exact sort that Republicans create.

Oligarchy, plutocracy, corporatocracy, I think it's all 3. To make a start on deconstructing it they have to empower the unions. One problem with that is countless millions of the people who would benefit from unions have been indoctrinated into "unions bad', they will take all your money. While the reality is it's those telling them that who are taking all the money.

I was stunned to discover that only around 10% of workers in the US are unionised. In Europe it's pretty much the opposite. Only 10% not unionised and that's exactly why in Europe they have health care systems, guaranteed weeks of payed leave, and much more. 

12 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

You have no clue what the process is, or what ballot transcribing is.

https://www.delcopa.gov/publicrelations/releases/2020/ballotvideoresponse.html

Edit: should also add that each state has its own process.

No, but he is a Libertarian, so he's prone to believe . . . some pretty strange things, pretty easily.

image.png.57caa6b10040878e7c0d9cc4038ac34f.png

willie wallace

Why is the House of Representatives chosen on population basis but in the Senate each state gets 2 Senators regardless of it's size.

There are a few states who only have 1 representative but still have 2 senators.

We could have the Democrats winning by 4m votes,taking the lower house but if the Senate doesn't change will it still be a struggle to pass legislation.

You could have a sparsely populated state in the middle of nowhere(apologies to any Jambos who live there😃) affecting the whole country.

A wee bit like Brechin having a big say in the SPFL.

Apologies if I have got my information wrong.

6 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Voter fraud!!!

And these lunatics are carrying around guns. I woldn't trust them with a pair of scissors. 

Edited by Stokesy

Kalamazoo Jambo
4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

No, but he is a Libertarian, so he's prone to believe . . . some pretty strange things, pretty easily.

image.png.57caa6b10040878e7c0d9cc4038ac34f.png

The odd thing about libertarians is they are a feeder pool for authoritarians (not all of them, of course). Just can’t wrap my mind around that.

Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

The odd thing about libertarians is they are a feeder pool for authoritarians (not all of them, of course). Just can’t wrap my mind around that.

(it's because they're not actually libertarian)

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

(it's because they're not actually libertarian)

I think they think they are until they aren’t.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

It’s fair to say Michael Rapaport is pleased with Trump’s demise. 
May contain a swear word or two. 

Is he a Trump voter, sounds like he knows him

CavySlaveJambo
Just now, Cade said:

Republicans having arguments amongst themselves all over twitter.

And by that I mean elected representatives ripping into each other.

:jjyay:

Getting Interesting then. 

CNN are saying that Trump Knows he won’t win at the ballot box but he will win in the Court..,. 

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Republicans having arguments amongst themselves all over twitter.

And by that I mean elected representatives ripping into each other.

:jjyay:

Share!

I know the majority of us view Trump as a nut job who is a danger to the planet.

However, to view this with a bit more neutrality because there is two sides. If there has been say -

'People voting who have been dead a while' , People voting 'outwith their State or County' (whatever the rules are) or, ballots counted that were not stamped or handed in before the deadline date. 

And... Trumps team have significant proof of this. IF he were to win in court to have re-counts or ballots deemed invalid.... This could wrangle on for a long time to come. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

I know the majority of us view Trump as a nut job who is a danger to the planet.

However, to view this with a bit more neutrality because there is two sides. If there has been say -

'People voting who have been dead a while' , People voting 'outwith their State or County' (whatever the rules are) or, ballots counted that were not stamped or handed in before the deadline date. 

And... Trumps team have significant proof of this. IF he were to win in court to have re-counts or ballots deemed invalid.... This could wrangle on for a long time to come. 

Yeah, that's a big mother****ing ‘if’ though :lol:  

Basically, statistics up to now have shown fraud at a rate of approximately 1 in 100,000 votes or so. Assuming a hundredfold or more increase in fraud didn't occur this election, then even if all that fraud went to one candidate—which it never has—it never would've made any difference in any race in the entire history of the U.S.

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Oh a tweet from a woman on Twitter.. let me put my hands up now!

Also I am not a fan of his - just utterly detest the Democrats. But I do like him at times. 

Also, there is no point expending my energy on here any further considering I have said all I need to regarding my observations and experience of US elections.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

yeah exactly. I don't think this is over yet - even after Biden wins (99% likely). The key question is when will this court case happen and how long will it take to compile the evidence. I believe Biden, should he win, would move into the WH in December? Or is it Jan now?

CavySlaveJambo
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

From the CNN viewings - Aren’t the out with precint/county votes shuffled into to the provisional ballot pile, checked for duplication and then only the elections that would have been the same on both ballots counted?

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I guess its where you get the information but the news channels I watch and some of the interviewees say there is no concrete evidence as of now, there are always some minor errors, but they are not result affecting, and some of these interviewed are actually legal minds and supporters of both parties.

6 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Oh a tweet from a woman on Twitter.. let me put my hands up now!

Excellent choice.

6 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Also, there is no point expending my energy on here any further considering I have said all I need to regarding my observations and experience of US elections.

Cheerio.

4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Basically, statistics up to now have shown fraud at a rate of approximately 1 in 100,000 votes or so. Assuming a hundredfold or more increase in fraud didn't occur this election, then even if all that fraud went to one candidate—which it never has—it never would've made any difference in any race in the entire history of the U.S.

:laugh2: I know, I'm just trying to be a bit balanced. There's not exactly proof, more "soor plooms" stuff from Trumps camp. 

1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

yeah exactly. I don't think this is over yet - even after Biden wins (99% likely). The key question is when will this court case happen and how long will it take to compile the evidence. I believe Biden, should he win, would move into the WH in December? Or is it Jan now?

There is no evidence, merely accusations but I'm sure there will be recounts and it will wrangle on for a while yet. Unless Trump is either forceably stood down or shows some level of decorum and concedes. 

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

🤔 Echoes of “unelected, undemocratic Prime Minister” tbh

I don't know for sure (I haven't been photocopying ballot forms)but does the election not include both President and VP so she actually has the endorsement of 74m voters?

3 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I don't know for sure (I haven't been photocopying ballot forms)but does the election not include both President and VP so she actually has the endorsement of 74m voters?

I mean yes, in that sense absolutely. She was part of “the ticket.” But it's not an unfair point about her performance in the primary, I don't think.

Kalamazoo Jambo
19 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

From the CNN viewings - Aren’t the out with precint/county votes shuffled into to the provisional ballot pile, checked for duplication and then only the elections that would have been the same on both ballots counted?

In Georgia, if you went to the wrong precinct, you got a provisional ballot and were only allowed to vote on the elections that applied across both precincts. Not sure about other States though.

Bored with this shite now.  Unless they wheel the orange ***** out soon for a flogging, I’m thinking of stepping back into reality (ie the Terrace). 

29 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Someone with your vast experience of US elections should probably know when the inauguration takes place.

Kalamazoo Jambo
37 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

How would you know that? Honestly, some people on here are a waste of space. 

You’re the one peddling conspiracy theories :laugh:

20 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Just thinking out loud here..... but if you were  auditing the end-to-end process for mail-in voting, you'd want to examine in detail the process around each of these -

determining the total  eligible electorate

validating the eligibility of folk who request postal ballots (e.g. how to ensure they don't also try to vote in person)

printing, checking, recording & posting out the ballot papers  (e.g. name & address, only 1 paper sent per person)

validating the authenticity of every received completed ballot (e.g. security number, no duplicates etc)

count & rec-count processes for authentic ballot papers

It's  not a piece of cake, but professional auditors would be forensic in setting up checkpoints and audit trails.... even to the point of recording which clerk did what in the process for a particular box/paper.

Maybe JJ93 could let us know which of these areas Trump thinks are "open to fraud" and how that fraud would work  ?

4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

It's  not a piece of cake, but professional auditors would be forensic in setting up checkpoints and audit trails.... even to the point of recording which clerk did what in the process for a particular box/paper.

Exactly. In Arizona alone there are a number of such checks and paper trails, everything from ID validation before a ballot is sent to signature verification to public records checks (ensuring the voter still lives at the address, etc.).

There isn't and will never be any evidence of any vote tampering. After all we have seen over the past 4 years anyone who thinks for a moment that because Trump says he has evidence that means it's real is as deranged as he is.

Trump is running into a reality wall at top speed. He's become used to talking utter nonsense but having it accepted. This is something that wont become the fantasy he wants it to be.

I see evidence of the Republican establishment stepping back from the stupidity. It's reached the stage reality wont be bent. There will be no more "alternative facts"

Key Republican lawmakers, including 2012 presidential nominee Mitt Romney, on Friday slammed President Donald Trump’s unsubstantiated claim that Democrats are trying to “steal” the election.

But some GOP leaders struck a more neutral tone — and others urged the White House to fight.

Romney, now a senator from Utah, said Trump was within his rights to request recounts and call for investigations where evidence of irregularities exists.

But Trump “is wrong to say the election was rigged, corrupt and stolen,″ Romney said on Twitter. Trump’s claim “damages the cause of freedom here and around the world ... and recklessly inflames destructive and dangerous passions,” he said.

Romney is Trump’s most vocal critic within the Republican Party and voted to convict Trump in the president’s impeachment trial earlier this year.

His comments came as GOP Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania — whose state is a key battleground in the presidential election, where votes are still being tallied — called Trump’s claim of fraud “very disturbing.”

“There’s simply no evidence anyone has shown me of any widespread corruption or fraud,” Toomey told “CBS This Morning.”

“The president’s speech last night was very disturbing to me because he made very, very serious allegations without any evidence to support it,” said Toomey.

https://apnews.com/article/mitt-romney-no-evidence-vote-fraud-0ac291da7ab09f6336d24290ef81f53b

Pasquale for King
Just now, Justin Z said:

He’s just tweeted that Biden shouldn’t claim the presidency, couldn’t find his “big boy pants” apparently. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)