Naismith not happy!

PB21

5 minutes ago, redm said:

I don’t think it’s happy clappy to say that though. We probably are all here for life. That’s just how it works with football, no? I don’t think there’s any happy clappy behaviour, I just think some folk aren’t relentlessly miserable so by contrast probably seem awfy cheerful.

Also, worth remembering he didn’t actually say any of this. These things grow arms and legs, and next thing we know it’ll become ‘fact’ that he told us all to **** off and stop being shit fans or something. 

Probably? You thinking of switching allegiance? 

I see the point you make but there was an implication. He's not a PHM, he's not even a Hearts man. It's our place to judge how we support the team, for better or worse. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• innerjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Smack said:

I see the point you make but there was an implication. He's not a PHM, he's not even a Hearts man. It's our place to judge how we support the team, for better or worse. 

In response to the above I'd say he is at the moment, i.e. an HMFC man, and the sort of man I'd love to see both remain at the club to play for maybe another year or two and then slot into our coaching team, as he clearly enjoys passing on his experience to those players around him, for the benefit of the team.

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

In response to the above I'd say he is at the moment, i.e. an HMFC man, and the sort of man I'd love to see both remain at the club to play for maybe another year or two and then slot into our coaching team, as he clearly enjoys passing on his experience to those players around him, for the benefit of the team.

Me too. But it's not going to happen. He'll be off to pastures new, and best of luck to him, he's been out best player for over a year. He'll leave with our, or my gratitude. Hope I'm wrong. 

He's not Rudi. Don't tell a Jambo how to Jambo is my overall point. Unless you are Rudi. 

7 minutes ago, Smack said:

Ask me after Auchinleck ;) 

If we can’t take advice from (or benefit from insight of) an expert then we’re just really stupid and deserve everything we get tbh. Especially if what we’re after is better performances from a team in which he’s the lynchpin. 

The Bookkeeper

Naismith has basically carried Levein and the entire team for much of the season so I don't doubt his frustration levels are high on a night like that when the players perform like they were just introduced pre match or dislike each other or both. Taking any of those frustrations out on the fans is missing the real target as badly as our recruitment posse seem to do with signing after bloody signing. The overall level of performance we've witnessed, even throughout some of our winning spells, has been borderline pathetic and this now 18 months after Levein returned to the hot seat and after several transfer windows. It's his team and his responsibility and we aren't improving at all.

What should be viewed as yet another completely unacceptable display (to add to an ever growing list) is being excused with, I kid you not, words like "patience" (yet again!). Anyone having a pop at the support, short changed once more on a cold midweek night at Tynecastle, for voicing their displeasure at the shambles in front of them is ridiculous. Zip will of course change whilst the status quo of the footballing operation remains the same, we will continue along the path of utter mediocrity. 

Edited by The Bookkeeper

3 minutes ago, redm said:

Ask me after Auchinleck ;) 

If we can’t take advice from (or benefit from insight of) an expert then we’re just really stupid and deserve everything we get tbh. Especially if what we’re after is better performances from a team in which he’s the lynchpin. 

Kyle Lafferty is an expert footballer and was a..... lynchpin of sorts, but he came and went. Why not seek his opinion? While we're at it how about Michael Stewart in a consultary role? 

If I have to remake the point after Auchinleck I will just throw in the towel. Scarf on the touchline scenario and one I don't embrace. 

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, Smack said:

Me too. But it's not going to happen. He'll be off to pastures new, and best of luck to him, he's been out best player for over a year. He'll leave with our, or my gratitude. Hope I'm wrong. 

He's not Rudi. Don't tell a Jambo how to Jambo is my overall point. Unless you are Rudi. 

So do I. Sometimes people arrive at Tynecastle and quickly you realise they bring something that we need. In the case of Naismith he has an attitude that is built in to OF players, and that attitude is to be a winner. If we can convince him to stick around and he can instill that sort of attitude in the players around him I'll be delighted.

9 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Naismith has basically carried Levein and the entire team for much of the season so I don't doubt his frustration levels are high on a night like that when the players perform like they were just introduced pre match or dislike each other or both. Taking any of those frustrations out on the fans is missing the real target as badly as our recruitment posse seem to do with signing after bloody signing. The overall level of performance we've witnessed, even throughout some of our winning spells, has been borderline pathetic and this now 18 months after Levein returned to the hot seat and after several transfer windows. It's his team and his responsibility and we aren't improving at all.

What should be viewed as yet another completely unacceptable display (to add to an ever growing list) is being excused with, I kid you not, words like "patience" (yet again!). Anyone having a pop at the support, short changed yet again on a midweek night at Tynecastle, for voicing their displeasure at the shambles in front of them is ridiculous. Zip will of course change until the status quo of the footballing operation remains the same, we will continue in this cycle of utter mediocrity. 

Great post.

i agree atmosphere isnt great but the performance last night and against dundee the other week let us fans down big time!

8 minutes ago, jambo_ said:

i agree atmosphere isnt great but the performance last night and against dundee the other week let us fans down big time!

I am not very well so was subdued .

But midweek games under the lights needs some theatre.

I love midweek games but the last 2 have been terrible points dropped and performance.

That said Livingston worked hard to close down.

What's not handy is fans getting on young players.

kennyjambo1974

The fans are fed up with negative football poorly set up Players are being told to stick to a rigid set up No room for any spur of moment decisions like maybe try and beat a player and get a shot or cross off .fall asleep football .Mr levein. This is actually a decent  football team let them play football .

jambos are go!

Said it before and I'll say it again. This Club needs rid of the poison ivy and torn faced disasters who inhabit the grandstands.

23 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

So do I. Sometimes people arrive at Tynecastle and quickly you realise they bring something that we need. In the case of Naismith he has an attitude that is built in to OF players, and that attitude is to be a winner. If we can convince him to stick around and he can instill that sort of attitude in the players around him I'll be delighted.

If you look back on earlier posts of mine (specifically any threads on Mchattie) I have a serious hatred of Kenny Miller. What he did to that young laddie was utterly disgraceful and the lack of repercussions for it from the SFA even more so. However, the OF winners mentality is a very good point, and I do wonder if introducing characters that have that attitude would do wonders to change the... acceptance of mediocrity within the squad. I think having players like Naismith and Miller who could really drive it home to other players that losing against St Mirren, Dundee, Livingston is ****ing unacceptable for a club our size. They bring an arrogance which raises the bar and forces a bit of ambition.

Its like there needs to be a culture change within the club, a lot like how MacDonald and Jardine really stepped things up with the derbies and our general attitude to beating the shite. The clearest way I can see in doing that is signing players that have that swagger and arrogance. Its difficult though, because you also don't want to become an OF retirement home. 

Edited by OTT

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, kennyjambo1974 said:

The fans are fed up with negative football poorly set up Players are being told to stick to a rigid set up No room for any spur of moment decisions like maybe try and beat a player and get a shot or cross off .fall asleep football .Mr levein. This is actually a decent  football team let them play football .

Worst post on this thread. 

You don't know any of that and just made it all up. All of it. 

portobellojambo1
19 minutes ago, OTT said:

If you look back on earlier posts of mine (specifically any threads on Mchattie) I have a serious hatred of Kenny Miller. What he did to that young laddie was utterly disgraceful and the lack of repercussions for it from the SFA even more so. However, the OF winners mentality is a very good point, and I do wonder if introducing characters that have that attitude would do wonders to change the... acceptance of mediocrity within the squad. I think having players like Naismith and Miller who could really drive it home to other players that losing against St Mirren, Dundee, Livingston is ****ing unacceptable for a club our size. They bring an arrogance which raises the bar and forces a bit of ambition.

Its like there needs to be a culture change within the club, a lot like how MacDonald and Jardine really stepped things up with the derbies and our general attitude to beating the shite. The clearest way I can see in doing that is signing players that have that swagger and arrogance. Its difficult though, because you also don't want to become an OF retirement home. 

I'd actually say any change has to be carried out across Scottish football in general, including in many instances the mindset of non OF football fans. Rightly or wrongly there does seem to be an existing situation where too many fans, too many clubs just seem to accept that they will always be nothing more than bit parts for the OF rather than genuinely looking to compete with the OF. I say that while accepting that most of the money available to spend is with them in general, but I also believe that teams can be built with a squad of players who may not cost the most money. Achieving success involves a change in mindset, and a refusal to accept that always being second best is good enough.

This worries me.....we're desperate for Naismith to stay....if the crowd continues to moan and boo then that's hardly going to encourage him to sign a contract. The warning signs are there, if he's genuinely already showing displeasure at the crowds reactions to poor performances.

Yes, we pay our money so we have a right to criticise...doesn't mean we need to boo every misplaced pass. 

We're an embarrassment at times....5 wins from 6 followed by a lacklustre draw against the stuffiest team in the league and were booing ffs.

People saying we need something to cheer....it works both ways...support the team, and they'll maybe perform better when things are a bit flat.

9 hours ago, Smack said:

Kyle Lafferty is an expert footballer and was a..... lynchpin of sorts, but he came and went. Why not seek his opinion? While we're at it how about Michael Stewart in a consultary role? 

If I have to remake the point after Auchinleck I will just throw in the towel. Scarf on the touchline scenario and one I don't embrace. 

Hmmm. Have to disagree on both of those examples. I don’t think you can put either of them anywhere near same category as Naismith in any respect. 

And I was kidding about Auchinleck. :) 

John mcCartney
9 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Said it before and I'll say it again. This Club needs rid of the poison ivy and torn faced disasters who inhabit the grandstands.

lets ban Colin Cameron and Ian Black for their halftime guest slot`s comments the other night while were at it yeah

I'm thinking the journalist involved in this will be thinking it's a pretty good idea to print pieces on Hearts players with no more than an opinion on what a couple of gestures might mean.

It's a winner by the looks of it.

There's just nothing exciting about Hearts anymore. Nor has that been replaced with identity and camaraderie between the players and fans; it's little wonder people are impatient and quick to moan.

We play dull football. Players are in and out of the team week in, week out and rarely here at all long enough to build an affinity for/with them. The 'faceless cast of thousands' jibe from the Vlad days may actually be quite true now. 

There's no siege mentality in the face of adversity, we just roll over as a team and as a club. Craig at least still comes across as having a fighting spirit in his press conferences but it doesn't translate to the performances or the wider club.

Is the lack of support and issue? Yes. Is it for the fans to solve? I don't think it is, we've done a heck of a lot for the club and I think it's the club who need to re-ignite the passion that is lacking in all but the big games.

There really isn't any passion shown by the club these days.

Edited by Taffin

9 hours ago, jake said:

I am not very well so was subdued .

But midweek games under the lights needs some theatre.

I love midweek games but the last 2 have been terrible points dropped and performance.

That said Livingston worked hard to close down.

What's not handy is fans getting on young players.

Again, who got on young players backs ?  Seriously I never heard any young player getting targetted. The team got booed at the end for having a shocker. That happens all over the world. Again this is a tool of a journalist giving his interpretation. No quotes from Naismith.

All that happened was the team played shite and the stands were quiet and there was collective sighs of discontent when another ball was passed backwards or to the opposing side. 

Maybe I’m wrong as I’m in the Main Stand so I don’t know where you sit so maybe there was

36 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There's just nothing exciting about Hearts anymore. Nor has that been replaced with identity and camaraderie between the players and fans; it's little wonder people are impatient and quick to moan.

We play dull football. Players are in and out of the team week in, week out and rarely here at all long enough to build an affinity for/with them. The 'faceless cast of thousands' jibe from the Vlad days may actually be quite true now. 

There's no siege mentality in the face of adversity, we just roll over as a team and as a club. Craig at least still comes across as having a fighting spirit in his press conferences but it doesn't translate to the performances or the wider club.

Is the lack of support and issue? Yes. Is it for the fans to solve? I don't think it is, we've done a heck of a lot for the club and I think it's the club who need to re-ignite the passion that is lacking in all but the big games.

Hard to disagree with much of that, although i do feel there is a good camaraderie between the players and fans (guys like Bobby, Souttar, Naismith, Uche, Lee, Haring, even Vanacek are popular).

In fact, it is more frustrating that we can see we have good players but do not seem to be able to translate that superiority into a team that can consistently perform. How many of Dundee's or Livvy's team would you swap for ours? How many of Killie's - perhaps 2? Aberdeen perhaps 3 or 4? St Johnstone...0. Hibs...1 or 2 perhaps? St Mirren...lol

7points from 9, or 10points from 12 against those clubs should be our target if we want to take the leap from being what we were to what we want to be.

I can take dull football but it has to be effective, otherwise people will grumble. It was the same under Csaba and it is the same now.

As for fans involvement...good atmosphere usually has an element of hostility to it. Can we do that?

Governor Tarkin
21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

As for fans involvement...good atmosphere usually has an element of hostility to it. Can we do that?

We need more hostility imo.

I wish we could play Celtic and Hibs every week.

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more hostility imo.

I wish we could play Celtic and Hibs every week.

I agree.

Most of us understand that football is a bit of theatre. Posturing between rival fans, the odd naughty song designed to wind up the opposition, picking on opposition players and the officials and managers...and then we all go home for a nice cup of tea.

Just because I call Mixu a "fat *******" does not mean i want to launch a hand grenade into the away end.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

lets ban Colin Cameron and Ian Black for their halftime guest slot`s comments the other night while were at it yeah

Just ban Ian Black full time from making comments. He will never make a career as a pundit. Authentic Frontier Gibberish

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Plenty  camaraderie between players and fans, especially the likes of Smith, Souttar, Berra, Haring, Naismith and Uche. 

It’s not passion from the club that’s lacking. It’s passion from certain supporters imo

siegementality
17 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He wouldn't have sign for us a second time under the same manager. 

So I call complete monkeycockhorsebullshite on it. 

Like any player he'll want to way up our future plans and how it sits with him, ambitions, players etc. 

That is normal. 

Trying to make it personal and say CL will put him off his laughable. 

And horseshite. 

Demi Mitchell signed for us a second time to, and the difference in him from last season is remarkable, in a bad way, and is due to the way the team is set up and is playing.

Naismith will go (or perhaps stay) to a place were he feels he will enjoy his football. Given that there is a proportion of the Hearts support who are sick of watching this eye bleeding football (see the numerous posts on this thread) I can only imagine what it’s like for a player - with no emotional tie to Hearts - to play in a team playing eye bleeding football.

CL is the manager. He picks the team and sets out the formation and tactics. The poor football is in a large part due to him. That’s not making it personal, it’s simply telling it like it is.

SectionDJambo

There’s little doubt that Hearts fans are, currently, very quick to criticise the team. Having said that, the team don’t help themselves sometimes.

I thought that we started off fairly well on Wednesday, and the fans were quite positive. If the Naismith goal had stood, we could have gone on to win comfortably, with a positive reaction from the stands. The longer the game went on, the louder the groans and discontent became.

Maybe there is a sense of entitlement from many who have contributed to save the club and help it prosper ongoing.

Maybe 3 Scottish cups in 14 years made us think it should always be like that.

Certainly, in my view, the lack of positive progress from the feelgood Championship season, when we allowed Hibs to recover from a losing position against us to win that cup tie on the way to, finally, winning it, was guaranteed to attract bad feeling. Losing more big games to them afterwards only added to our frustration, although this has now been sorted.

It would be nice if Hearts fans became less critical of young players, particularly, and the team as a whole, and also nice if the team came out with purpose more often, to encourage positive vibes from the stands.

It’s a two way situation.

Brighton Jambo

For me there is a sense of arrogance coming through in too many posts along the lines of 'we know best' 'who does he think he is to tell us how to behave' 'if the team gave us more we would be more behind them etc etc.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is a warning for us all.  Surely we all agree on one think we want Naismith to stay.  If he is starting to express his frustration with our apparent lack of support for the team then we do need to listen to his views.  It would be a scandal if our own fans contribute to him making a decision to leave.  There isn't much we can control in keeping him but that is one area.

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Plenty  camaraderie between players and fans, especially the likes of Smith, Souttar, Berra, Haring, Naismith and Uche. 

It’s not passion from the club that’s lacking. It’s passion from certain supporters imo

Haring and Uche have played less than 30 games for us combined so not sure there can have been much evidence for that during games.

Souttar, Berra; yeh sure but both have been at the club a fair amount of time. 

I've never noticed much rapport with Smith and if taken at face value this article suggests there isn't much rapport with Naismith.

For what it's worth, I don't take the article at face value and think it's likely just trouble making.

I do think we have an issue with revolving door syndrome which makes it much easier to boo and be unforgiving of journeymen 

Edited by Taffin

siegementality
13 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Worst post on this thread. 

You don't know any of that and just made it all up. All of it. 

Including the part about us actually being a decent football team?

siegementality
25 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

There’s little doubt that Hearts fans are, currently, very quick to criticise the team. Having said that, the team don’t help themselves sometimes.

I thought that we started off fairly well on Wednesday, and the fans were quite positive. If the Naismith goal had stood, we could have gone on to win comfortably, with a positive reaction from the stands. The longer the game went on, the louder the groans and discontent became.

Maybe there is a sense of entitlement from many who have contributed to save the club and help it prosper ongoing.

Maybe 3 Scottish cups in 14 years made us think it should always be like that.

Certainly, in my view, the lack of positive progress from the feelgood Championship season, when we allowed Hibs to recover from a losing position against us to win that cup tie on the way to, finally, winning it, was guaranteed to attract bad feeling. Losing more big games to them afterwards only added to our frustration, although this has now been sorted.

It would be nice if Hearts fans became less critical of young players, particularly, and the team as a whole, and also nice if the team came out with purpose more often, to encourage positive vibes from the stands.

It’s a two way situation.

It’s now 3 Scottish cups in 21 years. Given we have won hee haw in the last seven years I think anyone’s sense of entitlement will have been well and truly damped.

Edited by siegementality

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 06:50, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hardly surprising the fans were restless last night because the performance was woeful , the hearts supporters more than most got every right to demand better after we saved our club , pump money in every month and soon will own the club

Then we can be miserable owners!

12 minutes ago, siegementality said:

It’s now 3 Scottish cups in 21 years. Given we have won hee haw in the last seven years I think anyone’s sense of entitlement will have been well and truly damped.

Sense of entitlement does not disappear just because we haven't won anything!

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Just happy we still have a club to support. :wub:

3rd/ last/ flapping about mid table, who cares.

Really?

13 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Its also worth noting the same torn faced disasters saved, and continue to finance the grandstands. 

I don't blame the fans at all for the inept performances recently. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
12 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Really?

Nah, just the general feeling I get from people on here.

I'm actually glad fans expectations are quite high and don't accept mediocrity so willingly . Keeps the club on its toes.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

4 minutes ago, communist said:

Its also worth noting the same torn faced disasters saved, and continue to finance the grandstands. 

Couldn't agree more. Players and managers are paid to do a job of work and after a shoddy performance apportion blame to fans. It's risible and you would be laughed out of town if you tried to apply that logic in any other job. All fans want the team to do well, all fans will moan at some point if they are not, the only people who can impact on performance are players and management. An honest appraisal of performance by them is what's required right now. 

...a bit disco
4 hours ago, Boab said:

I'm thinking the journalist involved in this will be thinking it's a pretty good idea to print pieces on Hearts players with no more than an opinion on what a couple of gestures might mean.

It's a winner by the looks of it.

Well it got him and his mates a job on the new BBC Scotland channel doing a football talk show.

Piece of piss this "journalism" lark, eh?

15 hours ago, Smack said:

What do you think would be the solution? All seems a bit happy clappy. We're here for life. He's off at the end of the season. Better players than him haven't lectured us on how to support the team. 

Still rate him right enough, hope you stay you moany f#*#*#

Its surely just as "happy clappy" to hope that Naismith (a moaner) will not react to a counterproductive negative atmosphere. 

Surely Naismith (although he hasn't actually done so) should be able to comment on all the negative nancys in the stands without them all throwing the toys out the pram and moaning about he shouldn't "lecture" us.

In any case, it is maybe just the way Steven chooses to "support" the fans (by berating them for being crap).  I'm sure the negative nancys can all get behind such an idea.

We_are_the_Hearts
42 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Nah, just the general feeling I get from people on here.

I'm actually glad fans expectations are quite high and don't accept mediocrity so willingly . Keeps the club on its toes.

Agreed

When I saw the team for Wednesday night I was really excited about the talent on show and the depth on the bench. This added to my disappointment at FT. I never boo, but I left the stadium really frustrated. It’s up to Levein now to get the most out of imo one of the best squads we’ve had in a while. When Haring is back, we’ll be at full strength so no more excuses. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, communist said:

Exactly. Although I don't/didn't boo, the fans have every right to express their view. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, siegementality said:

Demi Mitchell signed for us a second time to, and the difference in him from last season is remarkable, in a bad way, and is due to the way the team is set up and is playing.

Naismith will go (or perhaps stay) to a place were he feels he will enjoy his football. Given that there is a proportion of the Hearts support who are sick of watching this eye bleeding football (see the numerous posts on this thread) I can only imagine what it’s like for a player - with no emotional tie to Hearts - to play in a team playing eye bleeding football.

CL is the manager. He picks the team and sets out the formation and tactics. The poor football is in a large part due to him. That’s not making it personal, it’s simply telling it like it is.

Aye, it's CL's fault Mitchell isn't that good this year. He was given God like status last year when in fact he's quite an average player. Not bad, but not great either. 

There was 15k at the mid week game, I don't know our average crowd this year, but I'll guess its in the top 5 for the last 30 years, so again your second point makes no sense. Crowds would say it wasn't. 

Eye bleeding football?

That's upto each person and what they think that is. 

This seasons football and results are better than last. That's my concern, improvement. Some good games, some meh, some shite. 

We can get third and go far Into the sc and reached a semi of the the lc. 

If we finish 3rd or even 4th, outside a cup winning season it will be one of the best in 30 years. 

Folk are getting mixed up with reality and high expectations. 

The last 5 games

Progressed in the cup

Horse shit v Dundee 

Taken saints to the cleaners 

Outfoxed Clarke 

Outfoxed by livi, but drew. 

5 wins in 7, 6in 8 after Sunday..... 

If Naismith goes to another club it will be for more money or lifestyle. 

Simple as that, not getting a guy that is currently on £30k plus a week to stay will not be Hearts or CL's fault. 

It will be be because Naismith has a better offer. 

CL will be judged at the season end, if we are 3rd or 4th, after a lc semi and going further in the sc it will have been a good season. Simple fact. 

Folk can keep speculating  that Naismith hates CL and his anti football , it's really helpful and insightful. ?

siegementality
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Sense of entitlement does not disappear just because we haven't won anything!

Damped and disappear mean two different things.

42 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Damped and disappear mean two different things.

Like a fever, just waiting to whack you between the eyes with a 42.1 surge in temperature.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Eye bleeding football?

Maybe wee 'Naisey' has a point.

We played eye bleeding football and were pish when I started watching Hearts too but at least the Hearts support made an effort to enjoy themselves and create a bit of atmosphere.

:glorious:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

48 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Maybe wee 'Naisey' has a point.

We played eye bleeding football and were pish when I started watching Hearts too but at least the Hearts support made an effort to enjoy themselves and create a bit of atmosphere.

:glorious:

:sweeet:

3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye, it's CL's fault Mitchell isn't that good this year. He was given God like status last year when in fact he's quite an average player. Not bad, but not great either. 

There was 15k at the mid week game, I don't know our average crowd this year, but I'll guess its in the top 5 for the last 30 years, so again your second point makes no sense. Crowds would say it wasn't. 

Eye bleeding football?

This seasons football and results are better than last. That's my concern, improvement. Some good games, some meh, some shite. 

We can get third and go far Into the sc and reached a semi of the the lc. 

If we finish 3rd or even 4th, outside a cup winning season it will be one of the best in 30 years. 

Folk are getting mixed up with reality and high expectations. 

The last 5 games

Progressed in the cup

Horse shit v Dundee 

Taken saints to the cleaners 

Outfoxed Clarke 

Outfoxed by livi, but drew. 

5 wins in 7, 6in 8 after Sunday..... 

If Naismith goes to another club it will be for more money or lifestyle. 

Simple as that, not getting a guy that is currently on £30k plus a week to stay will not be Hearts or CL's fault. 

It will be be because Naismith has a better offer. 

CL will be judged at the season end, if we are 3rd or 4th, after a lc semi and going further in the sc it will have been a good season. Simple fact. 

Folk can keep speculating  that Naismith hates CL and his anti football , it's really helpful and insightful. ?

Good post. I actually feel a bit for Mitchell. I think he was simply off form and then he had an absolute howler at Aberdeen. His loss of form may well have been down to winning Man U reserves player of the year and going on tour and playing. He must have been on cloud nine and then next thing he’s  being told, “nah, you’re offski again and probably won’t make it here.”

Unfortnately for him, we need him to do it NOW as it’s extremely unlikely we’ll see him more settled once he gets his head together.