Naismith not happy!

PB21

10 hours ago, Gambo said:

Hearts fans, like fans of most team's, can take the odd poor performance now and again, unfortunately win, lose or draw, we are having a very consistent run of very bad performances, good performances are the blip.

That eventually gets to the fans when there are not 3 points to paper over the massive cracks in the way we go about games.

Nail on the head. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• innerjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Naismith leaves because he doesn't believe Hearts can be successful, that will be a great shame.

Not a single goal in 180 minutes against Livingston is completely unacceptable.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You could be describing us.

If we were 7th/8th, struggling for the top 6, out the sc and no chance of European football, yes it could be us. 

19 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

He seemed genuinely shocked at one of the substitutions and made it clear to the bench that he wasn't happy. 

I agree he was shocked but think it was out of confusion as it didn't seem planned and he was looking to the bench for instructions as to whether he was to drop back into midfield or not. Either way didn't look good

John mcCartney
5 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He is not a stupid guy and he will have major doubts about the tactics, teams and subs that Levein persists with and might want to be off to pastures new and not actually due to money. length of contract etc.

my thoughts too,no doubt about it

seagulls n chips last night with the lad,it was mostly brutal stuff

hes a top level pro footballer not a fecking seabird

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

His demeanour indicated to me that he was in a low mood. That was from kick off. He did try but that usual spark was missing. I wonder if he suffers from mood swings. Purely an uneducated guess.

There was certainly more hand gestures than normal. Even for him. He professional to a fault and expects others to be the same. Unfortunately there’s many not near his level so not close to being on the same page. I’m sure it is frustrating.

Dalglish they say was the same.

Way too many poor performances, and this is what you get. It's not the fault of the fans, as we are a pretty patient bunch. This football club is under performing on the park, injuries or no injuries.

The White Cockade
27 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

He seemed genuinely shocked at one of the substitutions and made it clear to the bench that he wasn't happy. 

No he wasn’t happy that they hadn’t been told the new formation and who was moving where

he asked big Uche when he came on but he just shrugged his shoulders 

Then when Shaughnessy went off Smith was shouting for the bench to let him know what was happening and where he should be playing

5 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Hearts supporters prefer to moan and bitch. 

They don't want humour or banter in the stands, they just want a good grizzle. 

There's a large amount going into games already on the moan, it's been the same for years. I genuinely sit in my seat listening to the whining and gum bumping wondering why these torn pussed arseholes even bother going. 

See, I reckon it's a lifestyle choice though, it's the same with the moaning on here, it's just how some people are. Sadly Edinburghs percentage all turn up at Tynecastle on a regular basis.

It will never change.

100% agree. I actually turned to my mate the very second I started hearing mass moaning and said 'that's it the crowd is turning on the team'. Every pass seemed nervous and slightly misplaced for the rest of night with moaning intensifying. Self perpetuating downwarrd performance. 

Have said that. Naismith must have seen the fans that didn't run out in a huff and applauded them into the tunnel. There was plenty doing that. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Patient bunch? :lol:

We're one of the most self-entitled, impatient, & disparaging supporters around, at times.

Pick a player whose confidence you've watched being drained from them on the pitch, by virtue of them being the new object of ire. For usually no discernable reason.

Patient. Sure.

For the size of this club, the money invested, and the garbage we have had to endure, I'd say we have a good moan, and rightly so. But overall we are patiently waiting for real signs of improvement, and signs that we can challenge at the top. If you think less of this club, then you should go and support a first division club imo.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

We're one of the most self-entitled, impatient, & disparaging supporters around, at times.

Pick a player whose confidence you've watched being drained from them on the pitch, by virtue of them being the new object of ire. For usually no discernable reason.

Patient. Sure.

This, sadly. 

With the standard of player we have at Hearts have we got a good enough management/coaching department that can bring success and an entertaining product for our fans. 

5 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

They do realise. They just don't care. 

I can't imagine paying £400-£500 to spend your Saturday in a constant state of stress and anger and as some do continue that over the week on here. 

Baffles me. 

Yes, same here. They're a pain in the arse and there seems to be loads of them in the new main stand. 

Hearts fans will turn up in numbers and put their hands in their pockets. When it comes to vocal support we are awful. It never used to be the case but it is right now. What I don't get is that it's the older guys that are the worst, booing at the first opportunity. Younger guys tend to shout "that's ****ing shite", so I really don't know what's happened.

Entitlement is definitely a major problem. Lack of excitement another.

I've spoken to former players who have commented on how hard it is playing for hearts because the fans get on your back so quickly. They put it much more bluntly.

In all honesty, who ****ing boos their own team? You've got to be a ****ing moron for **** sake. It should be reserved for the refs and the away teams.

22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Patient. Sure.

We bring them Back from the Brink sometimes. Dennis Wyness used to be shite but became alright. Heartfelt. Apparently the other players were pretty amused and he saw the funny side. 

13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just whinging for whinging's sake. 

Becomes white noise after so long. Hearts fan's are one of the best supports in country, as many have rightly said. When going well.

After some slightly poor results, and shite performances, then there are sections of the support, so ingrained in their disgust at the manager (whoever that is at the time) or a certain player, will make Tynecastle about as welcome for an individual, as a kick about in Raqqa.

Let's not even start, with some of the slavering on here, that gets dressed up as opinions, for nothing other than trolling more reasonable Hearts supporters...

That's because we demand better, it's not rocket science. We are under performing on an ongoing basis. We should be top 3, minimum, and we're not.

I am quite frankly bored watching Hearts. Said to my friend last night I couldnt remember the last game I enjoyed apart from the 1-0 Celtic game.

I will still come every game but long for some attacking football to stop my eyes bleeding.

I appreciate we have won a lot of games but still cant say its been fun.

30 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

For the size of this club, the money invested, and the garbage we have had to endure, I'd say we have a good moan, and rightly so. But overall we are patiently waiting for real signs of improvement, and signs that we can challenge at the top. If you think less of this club, then you should go and support a first division club imo.

Good post.  Agree totally.  We were very patient during the Cathro debacle and also last season when CL needed time to get his own team together.  But their is still no sign of any real progress being made on the pitch.  Hopefully we can still finish top 4 but I can see another 5th or 6th place this season.  That would be 3 years without European football which is unacceptable for Hearts given our budget.  

36 minutes ago, Barack said:

Becomes white noise after so long. Hearts fan's are one of the best supports in country, as many have rightly said. When going well.

After some slightly poor results, and shite performances, then there are sections of the support, so ingrained in their disgust at the manager (whoever that is at the time) or a certain player, will make Tynecastle about as welcome for an individual, as a kick about in Raqqa.

Let's not even start, with some of the slavering on here, that gets dressed up as opinions, for nothing other than trolling more reasonable Hearts supporters...

Very much this. I have never, and never will, boo a Hearts player. A completely entitled and unreasonable thing to do.

If you pay your money you’re entitled to vent your frustration in which ever way you wish, doesn’t mean that booing will be in the slightest way of any benefit to the team. “But they’ll know we’re unhappy with the performance and will buck their ideas up”. We pay a team full of management, coaches and analysts a lot of money to review stats of all kinds so the team can buck up their ideas. Booing does not benefit the team.

Still a good few fans stuck in a time warp,   thinking we're playing Cowdenbeath,  Dumbarton and Alloa.

The current league is a bit out of the ordinary.     Lots of teams with nothing much between them.     Aberdeen and Kilmarnock have churned out lots of hard earned wins without playing well.     We've had a few as well.      St.Johnstone,  Livingston and Motherwell are not easy teams to dominate.     The teams at the bottom can raise their levels to make it difficult.

We were winning games in the early part of the season but we rarely played swashbuckling stuff.     We were just a bit more consistent and a little bit more incisive.

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Way too many poor performances, and this is what you get. It's not the fault of the fans, as we are a pretty patient bunch. This football club is under performing on the park, injuries or no injuries.

bml.gif

1 hour ago, Barack said:

If, despite numerous set-backs, & yes, some hardly inspiring performances & results...what does it say about Aberdeen & Kilmarnock?

You'd have thought they'd have been over the hills and far away, given their supposed style & flair. And Aberdeen's budget over Killie. Never mind ours. Anyone who has had the misfortune of watching Kilmarnock especially, knows they are far, far, from entertaining. Yet, we're 3 points off third. Are their fan's pissed off that we should be an afterthought by now, but are still here?

Big games coming up now. Look good & lose, or play meh, and win...what a pickle.

Strange league.

Indeed. We are still well placed despite it all. Let’s hope that’s all the big set-backs out of our system now.

43 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

That's because we demand better, it's not rocket science. We are under performing on an ongoing basis. We should be top 3, minimum, and we're not.

What you demand, has zero positive impact, in the realisation of said demands. I could demand to be made King of Edinburgh, it won’t go any way whatsoever towards making that happen though.

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

There's the word. 

We demand 3rd. We demand  a Scottish Cup win. We demand to go to Glasgow & attack them. Forget 5 nil losses. We want to look good in the process.

History suggests, we're in no position to demand anything. Like Aberdeen. Rangers fans demand stopping Celtic at all costs. Because they're ****ing thick, for the most part.

But, going back to Tynecastle, & Naismith. He's within his rights to voice his own opinions on the perceived lack of support, or, if is frequently the case, abuse towards a team-mate.

People weren't so vociferous in the 8 game winning streak, where over 140 shots at goal were flying in. 

Some perspective is required now & again. I personally, was seething after last night. Now we're getting the same team back up and running, for whatever reasons, folk are not willing to allow the manager/team the same latitude & are firmly of the belief it'll be more of the same.

Instantly when Uche came back on last night, you can see what we've missed, and how that will benefit us going forward. In the same ways it did, when Naismith, Uche, Lee, Haring & MacLean were the attacking threat.

History suggests?? 

Listen to yourself Barrack, I mean what the f..ck is that all about?  Does that make it acceptable?  Honest question

Pasquale for King

Naismith was a frustrated figure for most of the game, whether that was to do with the tactics or his fellow pros is up for debate. He constantly moaned at them the whole game, Levein slated Vanacek too, but the folk who pay their wages are not allowed to complain but instead sit there and cheer a continuation of some of the worst football we’ve seen for a long time. If players are not at the level we need them to be at and can’t handle the situation they shouldn’t be at the club. Victories will paper over the cracks but they soon appear again. The fans and the players need to feed of each other and that usually comes from good play or one hundred percent effort, a tackle or pressing teams into mistakes especially in games like last night. It would appear everyone but the bench could see the tactics weren’t working, Uche did well but Morrison wasn’t given a pass and only touched the ball once. As for this weird left back substitution every week who knows what that’s all about.

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

What you demand, has zero positive impact, in the realisation of said demands. I could demand to be made King of Edinburgh, it won’t go any way whatsoever towards making that happen though.

Mothy, you know exactly what I'm getting at here. We are underachieving by any stretch of the imagination. We should be doing much better for the resources we have at our disposal.

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Although you are clearly making a pitch to be King on a massive Edinburgh social media outlet. 

My daughter is Queen of Stoneyburn, just fyi. 

We could be doing better is all I'll say right now. 

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Mothy, you know exactly what I'm getting at here. We are underachieving by any stretch of the imagination. We should be doing much better for the resources we have at our disposal.

We're in the same ball park as Aberdeen and Hibs for budgets.    We're right on Aberdeen's tail despite our horrendous selection problems.    We're well clear of Hibs.

We're miles shy of Rangers for resources and we're 8 points behind.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Why're you getting so defensive? :lol:

I'm suggesting that you're quite happy with how things are meandering along, at a very very slow pace. With the odd 2 steps forward, and 2 steps back. I'm not happy with that.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

If, despite numerous set-backs, & yes, some hardly inspiring performances & results...what does it say about Aberdeen & Kilmarnock?

You'd have thought they'd have been over the hills and far away, given their supposed style & flair. And Aberdeen's budget over Killie. Never mind ours. Anyone who has had the misfortune of watching Kilmarnock especially, knows they are far, far, from entertaining. Yet, we're 3 points off third. Are their fan's pissed off that we should be an afterthought by now, but are still here?

Big games coming up now. Look good & lose, or play meh, and win...what a pickle.

Strange league.

Whilst I get your point, there’s a world of difference between Kilmarnock and Hearts. Their fans are rightly cock a hoop with their position as they are punching well above their weight given they pull in about 4,000 home fans.

Aberdeen aren’t pissed off because of the run they are on. They were very pissed off after 10 games (believe me) when they couldn’t buy a win and 8th or something.

your post is bang on in some respects

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Naismith was a frustrated figure for most of the game, whether that was to do with the tactics or his fellow pros is up for debate. He constantly moaned at them the whole game, Levein slated Vanacek too, but the folk who pay their wages are not allowed to complain but instead sit there and cheer a continuation of some of the worst football we’ve seen for a long time. If players are not at the level we need them to be at and can’t handle the situation they shouldn’t be at the club. Victories will paper over the cracks but they soon appear again. The fans and the players need to feed of each other and that usually comes from good play or one hundred percent effort, a tackle or pressing teams into mistakes especially in games like last night. It would appear everyone but the bench could see the tactics weren’t working, Uche did well but Morrison wasn’t given a pass and only touched the ball once. As for this weird left back substitution every week who knows what that’s all about.

Not often I ever agree with you but your bang on here

The Bookkeeper
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If Naismith leaves because he doesn't believe Hearts can be successful, that will be a great shame.

Not a single goal in 180 minutes against Livingston is completely unacceptable.

Its actually 270 minutes in the league against Livingston without a goal (0-0, 0-5, 0-0). Honking. 

2 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Smith and Souttar had a similar reaction when Demi came on.

2 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

allways so good to see smug ****ers shown up eventually

Indeed it is. Who though, in this particular instance? I’m not seeing it.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Patient. Sure.

Totally agree 

Been thinking about this a bit lately and realised I couldn’t quite put my finger on the exact time it happened, but at some point in recent years it became the done thing to hate everyone and everything and dismiss everything as being shit. Not for everyone, but for a sizeable and vocal number. There’s no stoic sense of patience or shrugging of shoulders anymore about setbacks, it’s all hysterics, meltdowns, calling for someone’s head, making accusations or casting aspersions on character, calling people ***** and generally just being OTT. About everything. The highs are still high but the lows bring mind-numbing, soul crushing angst. We’re Hearts though and not Barcelona so we don’t really get enough of the highs to offset the horrific, dragging grims of the frothing reaction to every tiny little thing that isn’t a clear cut, significant success. And there’s not much in between those two points either. One or the other. 

That commitment to misery seems pervasive and it’s insidious. Week days spent reading relentlessly miserable comments about how everything is terrible and the sky is about to fall in means that come match day you’re starting at a pretty low point and it takes more to bring you back to an even keel. Feels like some folk are just waiting to be disappointed. It’s weird. Add in the fact that some games of football just aren’t thrilling or particularly interesting (as has always been the way for us and for every other club on the planet) and it’s even harder. Maybe it’s all down to social media. I dunno. Maybe it’s just a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Also, if Naismith feels affected by it then that’s more than good enough for me. I don’t understand why it wouldn’t be good enough for any Hearts supporter. He’s an experienced, hard-working and committed pro with an outstanding attitude. If he seems to be indicating that he thinks it’s counterproductive then it undoubtedly is. 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Sad but true.

It’s so counterproductive getting on the players backs, just makes things worse.

12 minutes ago, redm said:

Also, if Naismith feels affected by it then that’s more than good enough for me. I don’t understand why it wouldn’t be good enough for any Hearts supporter. He’s an experienced, hard-working and committed pro with an outstanding attitude. If he seems to be indicating that he thinks it’s counterproductive then it undoubtedly is. 

What do you think would be the solution? All seems a bit happy clappy. We're here for life. He's off at the end of the season. Better players than him haven't lectured us on how to support the team. 

Still rate him right enough, hope you stay you moany f#*#*#

1 minute ago, Smack said:

What do you think would be the solution? All seems a bit happy clappy. We're here for life. He's off at the end of the season. Better players than him haven't lectured us on how to support the team. 

Still rate him right enough, hope you stay you moany f#*#*#

I don’t think it’s happy clappy to say that though. We probably are all here for life. That’s just how it works with football, no? I don’t think there’s any happy clappy behaviour, I just think some folk aren’t relentlessly miserable so by contrast probably seem awfy cheerful.

Also, worth remembering he didn’t actually say any of this. These things grow arms and legs, and next thing we know it’ll become ‘fact’ that he told us all to **** off and stop being shit fans or something. 

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Naismith has been a superb signing for us but he was crap last night too.

We're a fickle bunch and I'm sure he's saw and heard much worse.

He'll get over it. We'll get over it.

If he was playing for Rangers and that was them against Livvy last night, our reception last night would be like a teddy bears picnic 

Oh and I agree with Red. It wasn’t a Naismith interview was it?

Edited by Dagger Is Back

33 minutes ago, redm said:

Been thinking about this a bit lately and realised I couldn’t quite put my finger on the exact time it happened, but at some point in recent years it became the done thing to hate everyone and everything and dismiss everything as being shit. Not for everyone, but for a sizeable and vocal number. There’s no stoic sense of patience or shrugging of shoulders anymore about setbacks, it’s all hysterics, meltdowns, calling for someone’s head, making accusations or casting aspersions on character, calling people ***** and generally just being OTT. About everything. The highs are still high but the lows bring mind-numbing, soul crushing angst. We’re Hearts though and not Barcelona so we don’t really get enough of the highs to offset the horrific, dragging grims of the frothing reaction to every tiny little thing that isn’t a clear cut, significant success. And there’s not much in between those two points either. One or the other. 

That commitment to misery seems pervasive and it’s insidious. Week days spent reading relentlessly miserable comments about how everything is terrible and the sky is about to fall in means that come match day you’re starting at a pretty low point and it takes more to bring you back to an even keel. Feels like some folk are just waiting to be disappointed. It’s weird. Add in the fact that some games of football just aren’t thrilling or particularly interesting (as has always been the way for us and for every other club on the planet) and it’s even harder. Maybe it’s all down to social media. I dunno. Maybe it’s just a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Great post and think you’ve hit the nail on the head ??

portobellojambo1
8 minutes ago, redm said:

I don’t think it’s happy clappy to say that though. We probably are all here for life. That’s just how it works with football, no? I don’t think there’s any happy clappy behaviour, I just think some folk aren’t relentlessly miserable so by contrast probably seem awfy cheerful.

Also, worth remembering he didn’t actually say any of this. These things grow arms and legs, and next thing we know it’ll become ‘fact’ that he told us all to **** off and stop being shit fans or something. 

That was something I was going to bring up after your last post above, i.e. has it actually been established that Steven Naismith said what has been alleged, or is it possibly more a case of someone having lip read some words and made an assumption on who it was intended for (if of course it did happen. I had to go to the loo with about 6/7 minutes to go. As I sit in the back row of the Wheatfield rather than head back there after being to the loo I just left the ground and headed home so never heard the crowd reaction at the end or witnessed any reaction from Naismith). As you say, sometimes it is little things like this which have the ability to grow huge armse and legs when the press get involved and are looking to produce something which will help sell papers.

Edited by portobellojambo1