Naismith not happy!

PB21

Hearts fans, like fans of most team's, can take the odd poor performance now and again, unfortunately win, lose or draw, we are having a very consistent run of very bad performances, good performances are the blip.

That eventually gets to the fans when there are not 3 points to paper over the massive cracks in the way we go about games.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• innerjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can’t see how it’s the fans fault that we played so poorly last night.  Nothing but encouragement in the first half however the second half was woeful with ponderous slow possession and one chance created against a poor Livvy side.  The fans who pay their hard earned cash deserve better than the performance last night.  

Naismith was isolated up front on his own and it took far too long to change the system/ personnel.  Too cagey and too defensive.  

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Hearts fans, like fans of most team's, can take the odd poor performance now and again, unfortunately win, lose or draw, we are having a very consistent run of very bad performances, good performances are the blip.

That eventually gets to the fans when there are not 3 points to paper over the massive cracks in the way we go about games.

Correct, every game we set up to stop the opponent instead of being positive and let them worry about us going out having a go playing high tempo attacking football 

Bit of a double edged sword this tbh. Fowler seems to think Naismith was unhappy with the audible abuse/negativity from the stands, more than the quiet nature.

Similar to Goncalves’ family having to listen to abuse aimed at Isma.

Maybe we need to take this feedback onboard and cut down the abuse of our players/coaches/team?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As good as naismith has been the hearts support don't need advice from him how to support the football club 

If you read the article, Naismith has not told anyone how to support the team, it's the so-called "journalist"  that is saying it.

However I tend to agree, we as a home support, tend to just sit back and wait for something to happen rather than getting behind the team.

6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Bit of a double edged sword this tbh. Fowler seems to think Naismith was unhappy with the audible abuse/negativity from the stands, more than the quiet nature.

Similar to Goncalves’ family having to listen to abuse aimed at Jose.

Maybe we need to take this feedback onboard and cut down the abuse of our players/coaches/team?

Isma, no? 

A fair post though 

Not buying any of it. 

You could see, hear and feel the difference when Uche came on and appeared to be the only one actually giving his all. It works both ways. If it's dross on the park it'll be a poor atmosphere. 

Our home support is generally shocking unless we play one of the 3 big games. We never encourage the team and the only time you ever hear us is either the immediate aftermath of a goal or when we get frustrated at the players. If we are playing well the place is actually probably quieter as it shuts up the away fans and we have nothing to moan about.

The singing section has its flaws with some of the songs they choose to sing but fair play to them for actually trying to generate some support for the team, shame they’ve been posted missing for most of the home games.

9 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Isma, no? 

A fair post though 

You were too quick for me. I edited it straight away. ?

Clark Griswold

The atmosphere was that quiet that the microphones kept picking up Naisy shouting and screaming at his team mates throughout the entire game. 

33 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Lumped long balls, created one chance in 90 minutes, miscontrolled the ball on countless occasions, shelled the ball out the park on countless occasions, failed to come close to breaking down a side that conceded 3 at Motherwell at the weekend, started 1 up top against a team playing with 10 men behind the ball... 

Need me to go on?

It was a very, very poor performance after the first 20minutes or so.

I’d say after the first half. Imo we got the ball foward ok for most of the game but Livingston defended as well as they have all season.

Also we started two ‘up top’.

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Texia said:

I’d say after the first half. Imo we got the ball foward ok for most of the game but Livingston defended as well as they have all season.

Also we started two ‘up top’.

Livingston defended in exactly the same manner they did when they previously came to Tynecastle in the league and gained a 0-0 draw. They tried to defend in the same manner in the cup tie, but we managed to get 1 goal on that occasion. In those previous two games we didn't change our style of play and again didn't do so last night, there was no learning from the previous encounters (in terms of the only game Livingston have changed how they play against us that was the league game through there, and they won 5-0, maybe we should be relatively grateful that they chose not to adopt that style again). They haven't had to defend well against us at Tynecastle, all that was required was to defend as we have shown we won't change, we play in a style which suits how they defend. It is up to us to change away from that when we play them.

1 hour ago, daveyhmfc said:

For a number of reasons set out in this thread, this is keeping me away from Tynecastle. Tynecastle can be like a library a lot of the time and it is hard to get excited by the style and product on the park.  As and when, we decide to play a more up tempo game that gets me off my seat, I will spend my money elsewhere.

As good as naismith has been the hearts support don't need advice from him how to support the football club 

He hasn’t given any advice.  

The article comes from a bit of lip reading and the journalists opinion on how moody he looked. 

I agree he shouldnt be getting on at the fans for voicing their displeasure on the pitch but this isn’t Naismith making a stand against the fans or anything.  Article seems like it wants fans to turn on him. 

Anything that makes it clear that last night’s performance is not acceptable is a good thing.  If the players don’t like it...tough

Securing only 2 points from a possible 9 against Dundee and Livingston is disgraceful. 

If players cant handle the pressure of a club wanting to regularly be in Europe they can leave. No time for losers.

Frustration results from the teams play. As much as I admire CL for his loyalty his tactics against teams that set out to stifle our play are not working and never will. 

Not going to help us get him to sign a contract with us.

i was disappointed with the draw yesterday but at least the players tried!

didn’t deserve a booing

we don’t have any right to win these games 

So Steven Naismith hasn’t actually said feck all, the journalist/lip reading/body language expert is just assuming he is frustrated with the fans, his body language could actually be expressing his frustration with Levein and the tactics and he is agreeing with the fans. Just an article with no quotes claiming to know a footballers opinion.

7 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Not going to help us get him to sign a contract with us.

i was disappointed with the draw yesterday but at least the players tried!

didn’t deserve a booing

we don’t have any right to win these games 

Maybe not but with the comparative quality of our squad to theirs we should definitely be setting a higher standard than a 0-0 draw at home 

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Anything that makes it clear that last night’s performance is not acceptable is a good thing.  If the players don’t like it...tough

Securing only 2 points from a possible 9 against Dundee and Livingston is disgraceful. 

If players cant handle the pressure of a club wanting to regularly be in Europe they can leave. No time for losers.

And 2pts out of 9 against livvy is dreadful

35 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You were too quick for me. I edited it straight away. ?

It was a quick spot tbf. Memory of the guy might be a little hazy from a decade ago but I don't think even the most hardcore racist would've had the nerve to say anything unsavoury about Jose Goncalves, would not end well at all

We were poor last night - no doubt about that. That said some of our home support are dreadful. A couple absolute roasters who sit a few rows behind me were at even before the teams were out. Get behind the team and make this place a fortress again where teams fear coming to. 

Craig Fowler is probably superfluous to the EEN so has to think some angle to get an article in the paper. 

Naismith had a poor game, like he was playing at 60%. At times didn't bother to get  onside after hassling keeper. Maybe 3 games in a week is getting too much for him. 

Crowd was urging team on okay. Not any different at a difficult game where there was very little entertainment or incidents to get fans going.

I thought we played better second half but Naismith missed the best chance at end when he headed straight at keeper from a few yards though was a great intervention by Livingston player. He also made the silly error of stepping offside before his early disallowed goal. 

Maybe more frustrated at himself. 

Edited by Mikey1874

AlphonseCapone

I agree that the players need to give the fans something to shout about, especially in the first 10 minutes but you can tell before the game whether the atmosphere is going to be good or not. It was obvious to me that no one was really feeling it beforehand. The first half the crowd got a little into it when we showed some decent moves, attacked with intent and the ref being a balloon helped. 

The second half the players came out and were slow, lacking in any creativity and the fans just got pissed off. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Similar to Goncalves’ family having to listen to abuse aimed at Isma.

Been saying it for ages. Hearts fans behave like absolute cocks at games instead of encouraging and supporting the  team.

Never booed my own team, have booed the ref, the linesman, the opposition ...but not my own team....

buy hey, im a happy clapping , fan-boy !

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I agree that the players need to give the fans something to shout about, especially in the first 10 minutes but you can tell before the game whether the atmosphere is going to be good or not. It was obvious to me that no one was really feeling it beforehand. The first half the crowd got a little into it when we showed some decent moves, attacked with intent and the ref being a balloon helped. 

The second half the players came out and were slow, lacking in any creativity and the fans just got pissed off. 

Agreed.

We looked to try play football first half but whatever was said at HT must have had the opposite effect because we were absolutely woeful second half.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

I was thinking this myself after the match.  We never blow teams away anymore and haven't for a long time.  I loved CL in his first spell as Hearts manager because you knew we would of won games like last night by 3 or 4 goals and played entertaining football from the kick off.  Now he just makes us difficult to beat and tries to scrape wins  Absolutely hideous to watch.  

I have no issue with getting beat if we went out and had a go. At one point yesterday players were walking with the ball. No energy, no pace, and we ran out of ideas within the first 20 mins. 

It it felt like Levein had his subs planned well in advance regardless of our performance. 

Weve won 5 from 7 which is a decent return but it’s turgid to watch. 

Atmosphere in general is woeful and all interlinked to the dross that Levein continually serves up.

9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Midweek games in winter are more a duty for fans. It was a good attendance and support. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Been saying it for ages. Hearts fans behave like absolute cocks at games instead of encouraging and supporting the  team.

Team need to give the fans something to encourage though, wasn't easy to encourage that dross last night 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, communist said:

Not buying any of it. 

You could see, hear and feel the difference when Uche came on and appeared to be the only one actually giving his all. It works both ways. If it's dross on the park it'll be a poor atmosphere. 

Correct. Naismith was more ****ed off with his team mates than with the paying punters.

Garbage performance resulting in fans reacting, nothing new there.

We have seen enough of how Livvy play to improve against them but once again we were terrible.

Disagree thought we were woeful 

We were woeful against Dundee. Last night we were just poor. ?

On topic, I think Tynecastle has always been full of moaning gits since I first went in the mid 60s. I’m not convinced it’s much different elsewhere though. If we had sneaked a winner last night then this wouldn’t be getting raised imo. ?

54 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Livingston defended in exactly the same manner they did when they previously came to Tynecastle in the league and gained a 0-0 draw. They tried to defend in the same manner in the cup tie, but we managed to get 1 goal on that occasion. In those previous two games we didn't change our style of play and again didn't do so last night, there was no learning from the previous encounters (in terms of the only game Livingston have changed how they play against us that was the league game through there, and they won 5-0, maybe we should be relatively grateful that they chose not to adopt that style again). They haven't had to defend well against us at Tynecastle, all that was required was to defend as we have shown we won't change, we play in a style which suits how they defend. It is up to us to change away from that when we play them.

Smashing point PJ about "not learning" from previous encounters, thought Austin was our master tactician!!

1 hour ago, Boris said:

So the fans need the players to perform before they get going, yet for the players to perform they need the fans to be. 

Quite the conundrum. 

Levein is right, when on song, so to speak, the Hearts support is one of the very best. Unfortunately over the last few seasons as far as I can see at least, there is also a massive sense of entitlement among many. Karma, man! 

Spot on. Too many fans are too quick to get on the players’ backs. All this does is inhibit the players from trying anything, resulting in them making a safe, sideways pass rather than a riskier option. 

Have seen even this for years (probably really started post 05/06)

Yes, the fans need something to cheer, but they need to play their part too. 

6 minutes ago, grumpy rebus said:

Spot on. Too many fans are too quick to get on the players’ backs. All this does is inhibit the players from trying anything, resulting in them making a safe, sideways pass rather than a riskier option. 

This !:greatpost:

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

On topic, I think Tynecastle has always been full of moaning gits since I first went in the mid 60s. I’m not convinced it’s much different elsewhere though. If we had sneaked a winner last night then this wouldn’t be getting raised imo. ?

I'm not usually negative towards the team but 2pts out of 9 against livvy in unacceptable Dave! For the budget we've got the entertainment on show at times is torture to watch 

11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Correct. Naismith was more ****ed off with his team mates than with the paying punters.

Garbage performance resulting in fans reacting, nothing new there.

We have seen enough of how Livvy play to improve against them but once again we were terrible.

Spot on. Look at how we approached the first ten games of the season and the intensity and urgency showed. Do that from the first whistle and get the fans on their feet right from the start.

We should be peppering the Livvi box and goal at home or away to them, yet we barely got near. Awful stuff, we looked lost.

Atmosphere wasn't great but the fans where encouraging hearts still i think i alot of people thought with livi been on a poor run it would be easy win frustration really if you score early against livi atmosphere would have been lifted. 

GorgieRules22

The boos were just pure frustration, frustration at watching us play one up top against three monsters and create next to nothing, also the time wasting never helped......no sure what players expect.

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It goes hand in hand, doesn’t it?

Most players and managers always say it’s up to them to get the fans going.

When alot of the play is aimless or breaks down too easy in the crucial last third it hardly entices the support. 

I don’t think the atmosphere has ever been great at these type of games unless we score early and the team keeps pressing.  

No need for booing though. 

41 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Maybe Naismith should look at his own performance last night before having a go at the fans.

Where has he done this?  Don’t get sucked in by the article, he’s not said anything to the media. 

I think I seen what he is talking about, when he was going in a time HT he was trying to lift the crowd.  Not sure if he mouthed “****ing come on” or whatever but there are no direct quotes or anything.  

Just what the journalists opinion is on how Naismith reacted.  I suppose his article has been successful as now lots of hearts fans seem to be running with the idea that Naismith is deeply frustrated with the fans :laugh:  He might be, but until he’s actually said it not sure you can judge him for it. 

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Dead right, we have more than our fair share of moaners.

I've also been going since the mid 1960s and never join in the booing and moaning (I booed Kingston once, I admit, and that's it in half a century). 

I don't deny that, when you get frustrating performances like last night (and credit to Livingston for once again frustrating us) the players might merit some criticism. But I understand much more that you don't motivate people by moaning at them, even if plenty workplaces are full of people who think you do. You improve people through praise and encouragement. And you certainly don't p**s off valuable players like Naismith whom I, for one, want to stay at the club.

Get right behind the team. It's the only way to make things better.

9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm not usually negative towards the team but 2pts out of 9 against livvy in unacceptable Dave! For the budget we've got the entertainment on show at times is torture to watch 

Fair enough, up to a point, but actually a bit of a Hibs comment to make if you don't mind me saying so. Hibs fans get furious when they play against a team that, as they see it, don't let them play football. Livingston once again refused to sit back and admire our silky skills. How unsporting of them.

Sometimes when I watch a match, it's almost as if there are two teams out there, each trying to stop the other. 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Yup, it is the fans fault we underperform most weeks.

Agree with this. I'm sure he's heard worse. Naismith didn't have a good game at all and no point blaming his fellow players or the paying fans. Lingering in off side positions and complaining when he's caught out doesn't help him or the team. Jim Brown said it all at half time. Bad day at the office all round.

24 minutes ago, grumpy rebus said:

Yes!

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

How much can we change up our “style” though? We tried going wide, through the middle and over the top and nothing got through. 

Sometimes we are too quick to overly criticise our own performance instead of admitting the opposition executed a good game plan.