Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• innerjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, PB21 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/talking-point-hearts-talisman-needs-some-help-from-home-fans-1-4869223

can see his point, we are far too quick to boo and get restless. The backing of the fans can last no more than 10 mins if things aren’t going our way. 

He's right, our home support is generally speaking dour, miserable and makes no attempt to lift the team.

Poor atmosphere again last night but Naismith needs help from his teammates more than he needs help from us.

We just punted balls at him all night and he had no one to link up with.

It goes hand in hand, doesn’t it?

Most players and managers always say it’s up to them to get the fans going.

When alot of the play is aimless or breaks down too easy in the crucial last third it hardly entices the support. 

I don’t think the atmosphere has ever been great at these type of games unless we score early and the team keeps pressing.  

No need for booing though. 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, wagy said:

Our home support is disgusting. Being saying it for ages. It's embarrassing. Fair weather supporters is an understatement.

We need less boisterous young chaps and more families imo.

That'll improve the atmosphere.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Hardly surprising the fans were restless last night because the performance was woeful , the hearts supporters more than most got every right to demand better after we saved our club , pump money in every month and soon will own the club

Terrible performance last night. The fans were frustrated by that. If the players are subsequently frustrated by that, so be it. We are a big club with big expectations. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Terrible performance last night. The fans were frustrated by that. If the players are subsequently frustrated by that, so be it. We are a big club with big expectations. 

Exactly! Hope he took his frustration out on the rest of them in the dressing room because that was unacceptable on the pitch in my opinion 

Before I go off on one (!!) I accept fully that getting on players backs is counter productive....I dont personally do it, I dont recall ever standing up and shouting blue murder at a Hearts player ever or booing to boot...its not my style...muttering to myself, to voice my displeasure is more my MO...but we are all different as humans so my ideal of a fan clearly doesnt cut with everyone...

But in saying that.....for a long old time now, we as fans have had very little if anything at all to get us excited about on the pitch re getting us off our seat with anticipation....to turn up knowing its highly likely we wont create much, wont have efforts peppered on goal etc etc means its very difficult for a lot to be excited about and encourage our players from the get go unless we see early signs of intent...

The way we approach games, the set-up and mentality of the coaching staff and players needs addressed correctly to give us a starter for ten.....the fans simply mirror the product we are served up which for the best part of 2-3 years now has been eye bleeding....

ToadKiller Dog

Don't  have a problem with boos at full time if they are born from frustration, many who boo then clap the players off once point is made. 

The one or two occasions second half when we did try to use football to break down livingston rather than aimless punts the atmosphere did get up. 

Hard to be any thing but frustrated last night. 

Definatly need to find a way to break down negative sides that come to Tynecastle or their will be a lot of matches just the same. 

As I can think of only 3 maybe 4 sides who will come here to play football. 

I thought the first 30 minutes were good and Livingston played like a team expecting to lose. Then we lost heart and played into their hands with long balls to nowhere and players went missing and some fans got annoyed. An opportunity missed again to close the gap but I don't think it was the fans fault. 

Levein (IIRC) has pointed out on numerous occasions to players that we are a support that can be hard on the team when things are not going well, but when they are going well we are the best.

last night was far from being the worst for getting on players backs.  Subs weren’t booed or anything like that. There was collective negative noises when another sideways pass went off target etc, but that was one hell of a woeful performance against a team we should be at least testing.

i didn’t boo at the end but I didn’t applaud either. 

Getting on players backs is one thing. But that wasn’t the case last night. There wasn’t exactly a sing song occasion but maybe that’s down to the archaic tactical set up from our manager and the sub standard quality of play from players who are capable of better.

Our record against Livingston is a shocker this season. To of taken one point out of six at home against Dundee and Livingston is well below the standard required. I’ll sing like Julie Andrews on the top of a fekin mountain when we aren’t set up like that or play like that

4 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I thought the first 30 minutes were good and Livingston played like a team expecting to lose. Then we lost heart and played into their hands with long balls to nowhere and players went missing and some fans got annoyed. An opportunity missed again to close the gap but I don't think it was the fans fault. 

I agree with you about the start to the game, and expected to go on to win it. And this is where the poor refereeing decisions influence the rest of the game. If Muir stamps down on Livingston, issues a card early and gets some of the play on decisions right, it's a different game.

But our home support is generally dreadful at getting behind the team. It's a miserable experience sitting amongst it in games like last night. 

It wasn't the referee or the fans fault that we didn't win though, that's a result of not being good enough to cope with and break down Livingston. 

siegementality
23 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Before I go off on one (!!) I accept fully that getting on players backs is counter productive....I dont personally do it, I dont recall ever standing up and shouting blue murder at a Hearts player ever or booing to boot...its not my style...muttering to myself, to voice my displeasure is more my MO...but we are all different as humans so my ideal of a fan clearly doesnt cut with everyone...

But in saying that.....for a long old time now, we as fans have had very little if anything at all to get us excited about on the pitch re getting us off our seat with anticipation....to turn up knowing its highly likely we wont create much, wont have efforts peppered on goal etc etc means its very difficult for a lot to be excited about and encourage our players from the get go unless we see early signs of intent...

The way we approach games, the set-up and mentality of the coaching staff and players needs addressed correctly to give us a starter for ten.....the fans simply mirror the product we are served up which for the best part of 2-3 years now has been eye bleeding....

I am 100% with you. If Naismith isn’t happy he should direct that unhappiness to himself and his team mates. Frankly there have been too many occasions this season when we have been utter shite.

Bridge of Djoum
22 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As good as naismith has been the hearts support don't need advice from him how to support the football club 

Man, you are all over the forums and threads tonight repeating yourself. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Man, you are all over the forums and threads tonight repeating yourself. 

Not normally negative but thought we were dreadful last night 

For a number of reasons set out in this thread, this is keeping me away from Tynecastle. Tynecastle can be like a library a lot of the time and it is hard to get excited by the style and product on the park.  As and when, we decide to play a more up tempo game that gets me off my seat, I will spend my money elsewhere.

The amount of moaning that goes on around me in section T is ridiculous. Every single game. Win, lose or draw. 

Can totally understand Naismith’s frustration. He was in the media last week saying that a bit of patience is needed from the fans toward the younger players. The response from the morons in our support is to boo and jeer them. :facepalm:

Edited by To Be Frank

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
18 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I always think if we don't score in the first 30 minutes, we won't score at all. We are terrible to watch most of the time.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

2nd half was very poor after a decent 1st. 

We are set up 1st and foremost not to lose, then see what we can get after that. It's disappointing that in this period of home games we aren't starting on the front foot and getting in behind teams. I'm a big fan of CL, but even he has to realize we need to be more attack minded at home.

Having said that I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by constantly repeating the same thing over several threads. 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hardly dreadful, we were frustrated by a good, well organised Livingston team. 7 times out of 10 we would have got a goal in that first half spell and won the game.

They executed their game plan perfectly and we won’t be the first team to fall victim to that this season.

Naismith is spot on as well, from the first minute to the last Hearts players are berated by their own fans. It starts in small numbers and increases as the game goes on and is extremely counter productive.

The atmosphere was poor quite simply because the product on the pitch was poor.  It was nothing to do with families, players' ages, people being frightened of being banned, or any of the other nonsense spouted above.  Quite simply, we, the support, are not paid to entertain the team; the team is paid to entertain the support.

When the team puts in performances like that second half last night, and the whole of the Dundee game a few weeks ago. The fans have every right to vent their anger at the display. 

I get it's not a devine right to be beating these teams at home, but yes, me and many others will expect far better effort from the players. 

If I recall last night. Apart from Uches late header. We didn't record a single effort on goal in the second half. 

This in itself is not good enough. 

Both last night and the Dundee game. We got what we deserved out of both matches. 

We are way too slow in so many ways, whether that's passing the ball, closing opposition down, or players in our team making decisions. 

I'm not one for booing, but last night at full time. It was justifiable for me. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Texia said:

Hardly dreadful, we were frustrated by a good, well organised Livingston team. 7 times out of 10 we would have got a goal in that first half spell and won the game.

They executed their game plan perfectly and we won’t be the first team to fall victim to that this season.

Naismith is spot on as well, from the first minute to the last Hearts players are berated by their own fans. It starts in small numbers and increases as the game goes on and is extremely counter productive.

Disagree thought we were woeful 

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Poor atmosphere again last night but Naismith needs help from his teammates more than he needs help from us.

We just punted balls at him all night and he had no one to link up with.

This

loveofthegame
40 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As good as naismith has been the hearts support don't need advice from him how to support the football club 

Well said. 

Not entirely his fault due to the tactics Levein employed but I thought by his extremely high standards that Naismith was poor last night. Too many players going through the motions again.

5 points dropped to Dundee and Livi in the last fortnight at Tynecastle. Fans have the right to be pissed off about that. 

So the fans need the players to perform before they get going, yet for the players to perform they need the fans to be. 

Quite the conundrum. 

Levein is right, when on song, so to speak, the Hearts support is one of the very best. Unfortunately over the last few seasons as far as I can see at least, there is also a massive sense of entitlement among many. Karma, man! 

17 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

For a number of reasons set out in this thread, this is keeping me away from Tynecastle. Tynecastle can be like a library a lot of the time and it is hard to get excited by the style and product on the park.  As and when, we decide to play a more up tempo game that gets me off my seat, I will spend my money elsewhere.

?? I think this is called being a die easy rather than a die hard

15 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

2nd half was very poor after a decent 1st. 

We are set up 1st and foremost not to lose, then see what we can get after that. It's disappointing that in this period of home games we aren't starting on the front foot and getting in behind teams. I'm a big fan of CL, but even he has to realize we need to be more attack minded at home.

Having said that I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by constantly repeating the same thing over several threads. 

Like Levein repeating the same mistakes week after week and serving up the eye bleeding football we’ve been accustomed to. Name me one game you’ve left Tynecastle buzzing this year. A time where we’ve absolutely battered someone. I can’t. Celtic 4-0 last season for me. 

loveofthegame
8 minutes ago, Texia said:

Ok, why do you disagree? 

Lumped long balls, created one chance in 90 minutes, miscontrolled the ball on countless occasions, shelled the ball out the park on countless occasions, failed to come close to breaking down a side that conceded 3 at Motherwell at the weekend, started 1 up top against a team playing with 10 men behind the ball... 

Need me to go on?

It was a very, very poor performance after the first 20minutes or so.

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Disagree thought we were woeful 

We were.  Think we had 1 shot on target.  At home to Livingston.  Truly embarrassing.

Everyone in the crowd could see changes were needed at HT except our coaching staff.  The substitutions were too late and baffling which didn't help with the atmosphere.  And playing 3 centre backs in a match like that really does no favours either.

57 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Spot on.  

42 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

One of them accidentally popped open a bag of Smith's square crisps and spilt the wee blue packet of salt last home game. The noise and mess was just horrendous. Budge has banned them for a few games.

You don’t get wee blue packets of salt with Squares. 

portobellojambo1
48 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

My approach mirrors you. I tend to sit and watch what is going on with an awful lot of thoughts going through my head with regards to what I'm seeing on the park. Last night those thoughts revolved around the last time we played Livingston in a league match at Tynecastle, a game which ended 0-0. And the basis of those thoughts were that despite knowing how Livingston would play last night we appeared to have learned absolutely nothing from the last time. Last night we played to their strengths rather than our own strengths, and this generated frustration.

2 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Lumped long balls, created one chance in 90 minutes, miscontrolled the ball on countless occasions, shelled the ball out the park on countless occasions, failed to come close to breaking down a side that conceded 3 at Motherwell at the weekend, started 1 up top against a team playing with 10 men behind the ball... 

Need me to go on?

It was a very, very poor performance after the first 20minutes or so.

Very much this.  This was the same game I was at.

He had a shocker last night. He got off easy.

The management team had a total howler with their inaction. Probably because they dont have a clue what to do v Livi.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

4 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Like Levein repeating the same mistakes week after week and serving up the eye bleeding football we’ve been accustomed to. Name me one game you’ve left Tynecastle buzzing this year. A time where we’ve absolutely battered someone. I can’t. Celtic 4-0 last season for me. 

I was thinking this myself after the match.  We never blow teams away anymore and haven't for a long time.  I loved CL in his first spell as Hearts manager because you knew we would of won games like last night by 3 or 4 goals and played entertaining football from the kick off.  Now he just makes us difficult to beat and tries to scrape wins  Absolutely hideous to watch.  

7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You don’t get wee blue packets of salt with Squares. 

Ha, you are of course correct. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

What's happened to the young team with the drum, they created a great atmosphere even when we couldn't get going in a game 

There are some fans who just go to the games for s moan at players and officials. We looked lost of ideas last night and when we should be winning games against Livi/Meadowbank at home it's very frustrating for the fans 

We've lost a good 10 points this season at home to teams we should be beating 

Livi twice, Dundee and Kilmarnock, what might have been